• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they just gave me a non-verbal way to say good game--specifically at the very end of a match--I would just shut off team chat and never go back to it again.

Milly79

The actual changes this one contains will be fairly significant, but what I meant by "small" we're only touching a handful of heroes.

Today's update will be the first of the more frequent balance changes that Dustin mentioned on Twitter a little while back. They won't be as frequent as every week, but you can typically expect to see these on Wednesdays (NA time) when we do release them.

Balance Update patches are also separate from "major" patches in that they generally won't add new features to the game or contain as many balance changes as one of our major patches would. See the Lt. Morales or Cho'gall patch notes to see examples of what bigger patches look like.

Alur

If they just gave me a non-verbal way to say good game--specifically at the very end of a match--I would just shut off team chat and never go back to it again.

They do. You just launch yourself incessantly at the other team's Hall of Storms while the rest of your team kills the core.

That's "GG" as taught by the kindly non-BMing surely they can't be as bad as those Tempo Storm guys Cloud 9.

Milly79

These Tyrande changes

Basic Attack damage decreased from 92 to 87
Trueshot Aura (Talent)
Basic Attack damage bonus now only affects allied Heroes
Hunter’s Mark (Trait)
Ranger’s Mark (Talent)
Hunter’s Mark cooldown reduction amount decreased from 8 to 6 seconds
Huntress’ Fury (Talent)
Attack Speed bonus duration increased from 4 to 5 seconds
Light of Elune (Q)
Allied Heal amount increased from 310 to 320 Health
Overflowing Light (Talent)
Allied healing bonus decreased from 35% to 30%
Lunar Flare (E)
Stun duration decreased from 1 to 0.75 seconds.
Lunar Blaze (Talent)
Range bonus decreased from 50% to 40%
Shadowstalk (R)
Cooldown increased from 50 to 60 seconds
Periodic Healing decreased from 16 to 15 Health per tick
Final burst Heal amount decreased from 100 to 95 Health
Hunter’s Swiftness (Talent)
Movement Speed bonus decreased from 40% to 30%
Starfall (R)
Damage increased from 64 per second to 69 per second

Alur

TYRANDE said:
Basic Attack damage decreased from 92 to 87

Trueshot Aura (Talent)
Basic Attack damage bonus now only affects allied Heroes

Hunter’s Mark (Trait)

Ranger’s Mark (Talent)
Hunter’s Mark cooldown reduction amount decreased from 8 to 6 seconds

Huntress’ Fury (Talent)
Attack Speed bonus duration increased from 4 to 5 seconds

Light of Elune (Q)
Allied Heal amount increased from 310 to 320 Health

Overflowing Light (Talent)
Allied healing bonus decreased from 35% to 30%

Lunar Flare (E)
Stun duration decreased from 1 to 0.75 seconds.

Lunar Blaze (Talent)
Range bonus decreased from 50% to 40%

Shadowstalk (R)
Cooldown increased from 50 to 60 seconds
Periodic Healing decreased from 16 to 15 Health per tick
Hunter’s Swiftness (Talent)
Movement Speed bonus decreased from 40% to 30%

Starfall (R)
Damage increased from 64 per second to 69 per second

Developer Comments: Tyrande has been hovering around our radar for longer than we would like, but we needed to take some time to figure out exactly where we wanted to make changes. We are happy with how versatile her kit is, but feel she does everything a bit too well, especially since she thrives in the current stun-driven meta. We have changes targeted at improving her talent diversity while forcing her to rely a bit more on talents for damage or healing output. We are taking a cautious approach here, but are more than willing to make larger changes, if necessary.

Here it is boiz.

Seems like a good start. Didn't go too far.

FinKL

Small changes, but nothing huge, except maybe BW's Q doing 100+ more damage and Tyrande nerf basic atk dmg, and Cleanse :O

Real question though, how far is "nearby" with Trueshot Aura?

Alur

Don't think that's enough for Lunara, but /shrug.

Malf changes are interesting, but I was never a fan of him at our level of play versus a healer who heals immediately.

Wish they'd do more for Baewing besides make her do damage. Gonna go full damage Baewing rite now brb

Milly79

I think Malf is the real winner. He was def the worst healer IMO.

Will have to see, though.

And hopefully Lunara is better. :D

Ketch

Damn. Short list of changes and how the fuck they gonna put Chen on the cover and then not even buff Chen? Misleading.

Also the cleanse change is OP

So they're decreasing Tyrande's overall damage, decreasing her stun...which is a skill shot...decreasing the range talent, and increasing her baseline single target heal while trying to decrease her overall heal output without touching either of the skill cooldown talents?

How about you just revert all of the changes you made to her recently instead? Lose the healing on Shadowstalk, re-add the reveal. It's supposed to be a teamfight initiation tool. Make the Sentinel skill cooldown only affect Sentinel. Tune her trait. She was fine how she was initially, she just wasn't a great solo support for Quick Match. The actual problems with Tyrande (and Tassadar) only started once they started balancing them around being better solo/Quick Match supports.

They do. You just launch yourself incessantly at the other team's Hall of Storms while the rest of your team kills the core.

That's "GG" as taught by the kindly non-BMing surely they can't be as bad as those Tempo Storm guys Cloud 9.

I'm glad I can ignore the pro scene in HotS like I felt I couldn't in Dota. It seems like half the time you guys talk about the HotS pro-scene it sounds like high school level gossip. Stuff like this didn't occur in Dota when I paid attention to it. If it did, i don't remember.

Nirolak's not gonna ban you guys

We fall under the same "only 10 people post here" insular community rules as Snail Racing GAF |OT| and DIY Electrolysis GAF |OT|

I think that's kind of indicative of HotS's overall popularity versus LoL and Dota at the moment. GAF is a massive forum, the MOBA genre is arguably one of the biggest at the moment, but not many people seem to have much interest in HotS.

I just looked at Twitch, 200k people are watching LoL, 75K are watching Dota 2, while only 5K watching are HotS.

Milly79

So, I played one game as Lunara (huge sample size, I know). She felt a ton better. Didn't die once to any burst, granted all they had was Nova for that, but she couldn't one shot me.

So her final burst heal from her heroic heals for 5 HP fewer than before? I mean, why even make that change? Am I just not understanding this?

STITCHES

Basic Attack damage increased from 74 to 85
Slam (W)
Damage increased from 80 to 96
Developer Comments: Getting hit by a giant meat cleaver should hurt, right? Stitches totally agrees.

That comment is awesome. Also, hell yeah, my boy is back. Or at least not shit-tier.

Alur

EDIT: Brightwing's Q hits like a truck compared to how it was in the past. It's still super weak because of the cast time/delay thing. Seems like if they wanted to up her damage they'd speed that up instead.

I'm glad I can ignore the pro scene in HotS like I felt I couldn't in Dota. It seems like half the time you guys talk about the HotS pro-scene it sounds like high school level gossip. Stuff like this didn't occur in Dota when I paid attention to it. If it did, i don't remember.

LOL, clearly you haven't followed many pro scenes if you find what we talk about high school level. I think that's more indicative of what you think of what aspects we talk about than it is the scene in general.

It's a reflection of people taking at digs at people's favorite teams. As I said, don't go near LOL if you think that's bad. I was simply making fun of Milly calling all of Bob Ross dicks while turning a blind eye to C9 BMing in the world championships by launching into the Nexus.

I think that's kind of indicative of HotS's overall popularity versus LoL and Dota at the moment. GAF is a massive forum, the MOBA genre is arguably one of the biggest at the moment, but not many people seem to have much interest in HotS.

I just looked at Twitch, 200k people are watching LoL, 75K are watching Dota 2, while only 5K watching are HotS.

I think you can say lower numbers are certainly indicative of HOTS popularity vs LOL and Dota 2, but that's not really a groundbreaking statement. Don't really think it's indicative of HOTS' actual popularity either. Just that it's clearly not on the level of those two.

As for the community thread, nearly every one I follow or read occasionally has the same thing this one does (though typically worse). 5-15 people talking in a circle about the game, throw in the occasional drive by shitpost, and then 4-5 other people who show up randomly to comment on something and never return for weeks.

Granted the threads for Dota and Leeg do have a few more active people, but it's ultimately the same story...most of the people who play these games on GAF don't post in the community threads. That's pretty much universal across all of the multiplayer games (MMOs, MOBAs, etc). The representation from the forum is not very large. It's just very vocal.

finally someone speaking some god damned sense for once.

you and i should queue up some time if youre NA.

brian!

Oh looks like rehgar is better than monk now

Gossip and spectacle is the best part of following moba scenes, it's a little forced in hots since nothing interesting happens like ever though but u gotta work with what you have

If the internet was represented by a physical location, youtube comments section would be a trailer park and twitch chat would be its sewage offrun into a nearby stream.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
yeah mods have been after me for a while now but they're not taking me down

i'm clean

i'm clean as clean can be

except for when someone fucks with my kylo

nobody fucks with kylo or you're fucking with me

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
tumblr_mlp0moSzvG1rkz645o1_500.gif

Duress

yeah mods have been after me for a while now but they're not taking me down

i'm clean

i'm clean as clean can be

except for when someone fucks with my kylo

nobody fucks with kylo or you're fucking with me

Kylo was an adequate villain. Come at me, bro.

He was awesome

Alur

BW damage was fun. Lunara did feel better. Still not sure as I didn't have a lot of issue dying, just a lot of issue spreading damage. Had two pretty good games with her and EZ had another, so we'll see. Maybe being able to be more forward leads to more finished kills.

bizzle

Neo Member
It's not a bad idea - better than voting imo.
So it's slightly worse than the worst idea?

I don't understand this incessant need to buck all previous trends of what works.
Bans should be in organized stacked teams, not random games. It makes zero sense to have one person, who is unlikely to be communicating with anyone else, be in charge of taking heroes out of the mix.

Maledict

Other moba's have bans where you aren't playing with a full team?

There's a variety of ways they could do it, but ultimately the game needs bans for a while variety of reasons we've gone over a million times, and those reasons apply just as much in solo play as they do team play. No method of selecting the person who bans is perfect, but just having them in game will be a massive improvement. I think voting is an utterly terrible idea, so any other option is better I think.

You could random it, you could use highest mmr, you can click a button that says you want to be captain when you go in - lots of solutions, and all of them have the benefit of being better than the current no-ban environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom