• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

I think they just do their usual Yoshichan sweep. "No sightings."

RIP Yoshichan, please come back when more stuff is added plz.

Alur

Also want you guys to know that traitor Milly has been playing Blade and Soul instead of HOTS. Don't let him fool you with his lies.

Alur

dead2.gif

kirblar

Cooby? Is that you?

Theres tons of bitvhing because there going to be 3 months with no balance patch. Thats absurd given they've happened every 6-7 weks like clockwork till now

Maledict

But its soooooo good! It really is accurate!

Re the bans - fantatsic news, has been a long time coming, will greatly improve the game.

Will go on record and say that like Brian I was asking for swaps a long time ago, but that's the next stage - for now, just happy we get bans and the impact that will make. Eventually we'll need swaps, and at that point we'll be able to play the game we see in tournaments, but for now - lets be happy, something good is happening.

Please be in the next patch Blizzard!

(Oh shit oh shit I can only play Kael, Leoric, tyrande and Falstad).

kirblar

I don't get the Cooby reference? I don't get Cooby in general, really.
Cooby haaaaaaaates "negativity" aka people criticizing the game for any reason. no matter how accurate. It's very dumb and he's a wet blanket on these topics when they come up on THH. (This is something where him and Jake are actually different.)

Alur

(Oh shit oh shit I can only play Kael, Leoric, tyrande and Falstad).

you'realreadydead.jpeg

Cooby haaaaaaaates "negativity" aka people criticizing the game for any reason. no matter how accurate.

lol, I think haaaaaaaaaates is a bit of a stretch. He also gives criticism too. In general he seems to look a things a lot differently than most, however. Not unlike how brian!'s does. Not that I'm saying those two look at things the same way, just that in general their opinions are often different than what you see one side or the other backing.

Milly79

I get where Proto is coming from tho. As if constant bitching is going to speed anything up, or offers a vastly different view than what's been said 100000000 times by now.

Alur

But one must nag incessantly to get ones point across, amirite?

That's how it works in relationships too or so I heard. Kappa

Alavard

I don't even play HL/TL, but I'm definitely glad about the bans coming. Heck, maybe I'll even play it if it ends up changing the meta around a little.

Alavard

new Hero reveal hints on twitter.

2veOCff.png

Super likely female wizard (Li-Ming probably), but... the 2nd is DEFINITELY not Garona, lol.

Male character: "Preserve the balance, always."

I really don't know who that could be.

Edit - trying to remember characters that talked about 'the balance', and I'm thinking... Diablo 2's Necromancer? If I recall, they were disciples of a God they called Trang'oul, who was all about balance in the world. That's all I've got tho.

Alavard

I guess it could also be Medivh, though I can't mesh that with the portrait. He was the Guardian of Tirisfal, in a protector role, but I don't really recall him talking about 'the balance' before.

It almost sounds like another druidly character, and the only other ideas that gives me is Cenarius and the D2 Druid, but it doesn't have the demi-god power voice you'd expect for Cenarius, and the D2 Druid is one hell of a longshot.

Maledict

I actually think thats the D2 necro. It looks like a scythe behind him, and he's been a fan request for sooooo long now.

Alur

D2 necro is even more want than Kel'Thuzad. If everyone is right...

aaaarrrrrrrrooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Alavard

Normally I would prefer Medivh, but I'd love the drama bringing in the Necro would create. Diablo 3 fans have been rabid about wanting to play as him again for years, and some felt really burned that Reaper of Souls only added the Crusader. Additionally, adding him to Heroes would fuel speculation about another Diablo 3 expansion bringing him back too.

kirblar

Normally I would prefer Medivh, but I'd love the drama bringing in the Necro would create. Diablo 3 fans have been rabid about wanting to play as him again for years, and some felt really burned that Reaper of Souls only added the Crusader. Additionally, adding him to Heroes would fuel speculation about another Diablo 3 expansion bringing him back too.
D4 seems likely - it feels like they're done with D3 updates. (expansion wise.)

Alur

That would throw the D2 stuff being left to the wayside for later talk out, for sure.

D3 hero + D2 hero. Then more Starcraft again? Starcraft map finally?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
That would throw the D2 stuff being left to the wayside for later talk out, for sure.

D3 hero + D2 hero. Then more Starcraft again? Starcraft map finally?

Mehtan is technically a Diablo 3 character. He's the necromancer you meet in Act 2 and Act 5 that studied under the Diablo 2 necromancer instead of the Diablo 2 necromancer himself.

See, technically correct statements!!! :p

Alur

TECHNICALITIES!!!

LOL, that's a pretty good argument though.

I don't care where he's from TBH, just hope he's good and he's in. Or she. I wanna throw Bone stuff at flesh people.

Maledict

The official Diablo twitter tweeted:

"Waiting with baited breath" at the HoTs twitter and the hashtag "Heroreveal". None of the other Blizzard twitter accounts did.

Despite my earlier scepticism, I'm convinced its the N2 necro now.

Maledict

On a Wednesday...EU new master race?

We'll get it at 3 in the morning, so doubtful... ;-)

They have also said that whilst the filesize will be small, the changes will be fairly significant.

And even more importantly - they are decoupling balance from content. We will be getting smaller, faster balance updates in between content patches. It's everything we asked for!

Alur

A small balance update every 2-3 weeks uncoupled from the hero every 3 weeks would be a welcome change. Could literally hit 4 of every 6 weeks if they did that.

Constant things to talk about, test, and be engaged with. Buzz level increased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom