• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

New hero pics for new page
10964.jpg

Here's a good up close pic of the two:

brb gonna go get me a vest like Xul

Maledict

He's always been listed as high. But D+W+W has never been any kind of skillcap at all.

He's right there with Raynor for stupid-easy heroes to do a lot of damage with.

Definitely much harder to be a good Jaina than a good Raynor or KT.

He's one of the highest difficulty characters in game on their website, and if it weren't for the "double bomb, team dies" aspect to his current build I'd agree with that. ANY other build on him is difficult to play well and requires skill - but living bomb is so easy, and so powerful, it turns what should be a complicated, tricky character into a simple mechanical combo every time.

When I was testing a pyromaniac build it was fiendishly complicated - but not worth it as the pay off isnt there and living bomb is so powerful. If they fix that aspect to him, I would say he absolutely is harder to play than Jaina.

(Arcane Barrier also helps atm, and needs looking at - because it lets you get away with positioning fuck ups you shouldnt get away with).

Alur

When I was testing a pyromaniac build it was fiendishly complicated - but not worth it as the pay off isnt there and living bomb is so powerful. If they fix that aspect to him, I would say he absolutely is harder to play than Jaina.

(Arcane Barrier also helps atm, and needs looking at - because it lets you get away with positioning fuck ups you shouldnt get away with).

Yeah I agree 100% with both of these.

If Chain Bomb were removed as the primary option or source of damage, he'd certainly be way more difficult. And Arcane Barrier is disgusting. Between it and Bolt it negates the biggest downsides to the hero...he's not quite old school Tychus Odin levels of second health bar, but it for sure saves him way more than it has any right to versus other similar risk/reward heroes.

Milly79

So, it looks like Hotslogs had to delete most of the uploads from patch day yesterday, but here's where the heroes stood after 20~ hours after the patch.

TLV goes to the top with a 59.5% winrate, and up 3.9%.
Rexxar up 2.5%, 53.9% overall.
Tyrande down -4.4%, 53.6% overall.
Chen up 4.3%, 53.4% overall.
Raynor down -1.8%, 53.3% overall.
Kerrigan up 3.1%, 51.7% overall.
Malfurion up 5.3%, 50.3% overall.
Stitches up 3.9%, 47.0% overall.
Brighwing up 1.0%, 45.9% overall.
Lunara up 4.0%, 43.2% overall.

Those were just the big ones I noticed. There are some others that went up +2% overall.

So it looks like a lot of heroes got a step in the right direction. Raynor may need some small nerfs? Malfurion definitely feels a ton better overall after playing a few with him, same with Lunara (although she still need some more). Brightwing needs a bit more as well.

But what's up with the others that weren't changed at all in the patch notes? Is it linked to the Tyrande nerfs or what?

kirblar

Raynor is a hero that shouldn't be as good as he is, simply because he's fucking braindead.

It's fine to have him at "fine for government work" level because he's a beginner character, but you don't want him showing up in Pro Play- he literally just stands there and shoots. Horrible way to show off the game.

Muddimar

Raynor is a hero that shouldn't be as good as he is, simply because he's fucking braindead.

It's fine to have him at "fine for government work" level because he's a beginner character, but you don't want him showing up in Pro Play- he literally just stands there and shoots. Horrible way to show off the game.

I have to agree with this. For someone so easy to play, it is extremely rewarding. Whereas some of the harder heroes have no reward whatsoever.

Milly79

True that. He's extremely boring overall. I don't even know how anyone could play him for long stretches of time.

In b4 Alur says "but you played KT to 20". At least KT is flashy as fuck and that regal walk is too good.

True that. He's extremely boring overall. I don't even know how anyone could play him for long stretches of time.

In b4 Alur says "but you played KT to 20". At least KT is flashy as fuck and that regal walk is too good.

I play Raynor because he's so damn good. Like, it's satisfying as hell destroying people when they can't even get to me.

Alur

If we don't get "good" ranged burst heroes in the next 3~ heroes releases, I hope they not only get Raynor but that Jaina and KT both get nerfed. I guess Jaina less so than KT, but whatever it takes to have everyone else (who seem to be mostly on the same level) at an even par with Jaina and KT on value.

We can't go on forever with them being the main two ranged options like they have been since...well, KT came in the game. They singlehandedly hold down every melee assassin artificially by their position in the meta (KT especially due to chain bomb), and any sustained damage hero is for the most part moot when compared.

Really just KT disappearing from his 8~ month reign as unquestioned DPS champ and being a middle of the road hero because he needs to rely on Flamestrike or some kind of other combo with his stun as much as he does Chain Bomb. I mean, when you think about it, KT has been on top for longer than OP Stitches was and the QQ about that was immense.

I'm not saying I hate either hero. I enjoy them both. But wouldn't it be nice to tune into a pro game or get into HL and not have KT be one of the first 3 or 4 picks like he has been since implementation? Watching the Spring Championships and having sustain damage heroes/auto attack heroes (beyond Raynor) be the true "carries" instead of another tournament with KT and Jaina dueling? I think it would be a breath of fresh air.

Alternatively, they can just give us two more ranged burst heroes that are on that level so that there are options beyond fire and ice.

Maledict

If we don't get "good" ranged burst heroes in the next 3~ heroes releases, I hope they not only get Raynor but that Jaina and KT both get nerfed. I guess Jaina less so than KT, but whatever it takes to have everyone else (who seem to be mostly on the same level) at an even par with Jaina and KT on value.

We can't go on forever with them being the main two ranged options like they have been since...well, KT came in the game. They singlehandedly hold down every melee assassin artificially by their position in the meta (KT especially due to chain bomb), and any sustained damage hero is for the most part moot when compared.

Really just KT disappearing from his 8~ month reign as unquestioned DPS champ and being a middle of the road hero because he needs to rely on Flamestrike or some kind of other combo with his stun as much as he does Chain Bomb. I mean, when you think about it, KT has been on top for longer than OP Stitches was and the QQ about that was immense.

I'm not saying I hate either hero. I enjoy them both. But wouldn't it be nice to tune into a pro game or get into HL and not have KT be one of the first 3 or 4 picks like he has been since implementation? Watching the Spring Championships and having sustain damage heroes/auto attack heroes (beyond Raynor) be the true "carries" instead of another tournament with KT and Jaina dueling? I think it would be a breath of fresh air.

Alternatively, they can just give us two more ranged burst heroes that are on that level so that there are options beyond fire and ice.

It's because ultimately, even when Kael had his ridiculous Flamestrike --> Chain bomb spec going, his win rate was never that obscene. I agree with shaking up the ranged meta absolutely, but it's worth remembering that up until the scaling changes it was Jaina first picked over him.

Ultimately, we need more mages, and healing needs nerfing a bit so that sustained damage actually works. Right now the only sustained rnaged damage dealers are Raynor and Falstad - Raynor because his damage is SO ludicrous, combined ith two stuns, that he bursts you in 5 seconds. and Falstad because his strategic play with gust and flight opens options other characters don't have.

Alur

Ultimately, we need more mages, and healing needs nerfing a bit so that sustained damage actually works.

We do need more. Or whatever similar counterpart they want to call them so long as they are ranged and can burst. I would definitely love to see sustained make a comeback, though. RIP Tychus/Valla meta. You were so young.

I don't think I got a friend request from you. Go ahead and send me it again so I can reject it.

sQZDaK8.gif

Part of the problem is high level meta is reductive. There's the right characters, the right skills and the right talents to choose for high level play. Anything that deviates from that is wrong. In Dota there's over 100 heroes and that can be boiled down to just a quarter of that in high level play. HotS currently does not enjoy that same level of depth with its roster which is why they're probably so focused on trying to maintain this content deliver schedule of a new hero every couple of weeks.

I think they have tried to mix things up. They've added more right-click heroes and a support that buffs right-click hero damage. They've added a lot of dive heroes and a lot of position change heroes. At the end of the day, even if Heroes of the Storm has over 100 heroes, Kale'thas and Jaina will probably still be in that upper echelon of ranged assassins.

oh man just threw a game we've been losing for the longest time hard, but yes we were winning somehow at the end and threw. Didn't help that our Nazeebo trapped me with his ring :(

lose rank because of a bug, go on support forum, there's a bunch of reports like that and apparently blizz's response is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Awesome

Acidote

Diablo 2 Druid was my thing.

In hots it could be an hybrid to spec as assassin or tank, choosing you ultimate between bear and wolf form. A sort of offensive bear tank form with a spirit of barbs aura or a basic damage specced fury wolf form.

TheYanger

In hots it could be an hybrid to spec as assassin or tank, choosing you ultimate between bear and wolf form. A sort of offensive bear tank form with a spirit of barbs aura or a basic damage specced fury wolf form.

Would be awesome if it were karazhim style or and ult like you said, maybe even 3 ults, toggle wolf, toggle bear, and hurricane or something if you want to be human still. Problem with that is not being bear/wolf until 10 though, so I could see a level 1 selection still, or if they really want to get fancy they could do some crazy shifting stuff with 1 2 3 or what have you.

At the end of the day, to me that character HAS to have real shape shifting. Not Greymane 'dps and dps' style but it should reflect the basic traits of the 3 forms: tanky, wizardy, and insane melee sustain-y. Specific skills are less important than that kind of 'feel'.

I don't think they would do something like that. A lots of people played elemental druids in diablo 2.
If you make both ult's animal forms then you most likely have to get rid of all the elemental spells he possesses.
I would love a hurricane or armageddon ult. Also, you can't forget his summoning tree. So much they could do with that class

Maledict

So wizard has a glass cannon talent that halves her health but vastly increases her damage - that's going to be fun! I love everything they are saying about her, particulary the designer who said she was a love letter to Fan, Chu8 and K1pro. We need more heroes designed with that really high skill cap.

Re the necromancer, an artist has mentioned working on graphical effects for bone spear and corpse explosion, so presumably they are talented options like the wizard (maybe the bone spear makes his scythe into a more conventional skill shot?)

Alavard

Man, I had the worst solo QM matches last night that I've experienced in a long time.

Had a match that began with me heading solo top as Anub'Arak, and the rest of the team going mid, refusing to send anyone to bottom. Then, I had a match where our main source of damage, Jaina, left the game in the first 15 seconds, and the enemy Illidan basically camped the bot replacement all game. Then there was the game where Sgt Hammer complained we weren't protecting her enough and decided she would no longer show up to objectives. And the one where I got complained to Li Li for not showing up for the objectives on Infernal Shrines, so she decided to instead show up first and dive in solo from then on. Yes, they were all losses...

On the plus side, I got to play some post-patch Malfurion, and his basic heals feel really good now.

So wizard has a glass cannon talent that halves her health but vastly increases her damage - that's going to be fun! I love everything they are saying about her, particulary the designer who said she was a love letter to Fan, Chu8 and K1pro. We need more heroes designed with that really high skill cap.

Re the necromancer, an artist has mentioned working on graphical effects for bone spear and corpse explosion, so presumably they are talented options like the wizard (maybe the bone spear makes his scythe into a more conventional skill shot?)

Ha even the designer thinks Arth for Fan was a bad trade.

I think Dreamhack doesn't even have a HoTS tourney for this event. Gaemz ded

I just remembered it could be the druid they put into warcraft 3. the ult with a stampede lulz

jk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom