• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
If that's the wizard, they changed her voice direction (as opposed to the actor).

That said, they did that with Valla, so not unheard of.

Alur

Blizz is like haha guise u sed u tired of w8ing so we made a 15 sec clip of some random voices lol gl hf lmk wut u tink

Alur

:D:D:D:D:D

No KT for you, Alur! HEUEHEUEHEUEHEEUEHU

This
asshole
texted me all breathless and shit saying "HERO REVEAL" and "FUCKING KELTHUZAD IM PRETTY SURE BOIZ".

Gets my hopes all up.

I come in here and ya'll talking about some half-orc lady and shit. Damn.

Disappointed-Terrible-Awful-OMG-Embarassed-Embarassing-GIF.gif

I will totally come back to this game (and play the shit out of it) if that is in fact the D3 female wizard.

She's been my most-wanted hero for a long time. Hope she does arcane damage since we already have fire and frost mages in the game.

kirblar

I will totally come back to this game (and play the shit out of it) if that is in fact the D3 female wizard.

She's been my most-wanted hero for a long time. Hope she does arcane damage since we already have fire and frost mages in the game.
She'll be Arcane. Purple staff in the Rexxar pic, and we already have Falstad as a quasi-Electric mage.

Alavard

some redditors think that the second voice is mephisto

In Diablo 2, Mephisto's voice was filtered to make it sound very ghostly/raspy (just listened to it again from some youtube vids of the battle), which makes sense given his form. So I'm not really seeing it

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
The Wizard's original talent build was Arcane as well before they imported all the other Diablo 3 abilities.

Presumably they tried a few other designs and went back to that.

I suspect the actual thunder mage would be the Diablo 2 Sorceress if they ever want one given fire and ice are already covered.

Silexx

The Wizard's original talent build was Arcane as well before they imported all the other Diablo 3 abilities.

Presumably they tried a few other designs and went back to that.

I suspect the actual thunder mage would be the Diablo 2 Sorceress if they ever want one given fire and ice are already covered.

Makes sense, but I could also see them making D3 Wizard Thunder/Lightning Mage and put Medivh as the Arcane Mage.

Alavard

Makes sense, but I could also see them making D3 Wizard Thunder/Lightning Mage and put Medivh as the Arcane Mage.

Actually, I'd like to see Medivh having spells of all the main mage elements, to showcase the raw power and mastery of magic he had in the lore. Heck, he even had a smattering of nature magic according to the books (and his transformation into a bird in Warcraft 3).

kirblar

I'd like to see a caster with a Dormammu-style mechanic, where their Q/W/E have relatively short cooldowns and the D has different effects depending on what the last 3 spells used were. (Guessing this has been done in other MOBAs)

Sometimes the shared team experience level in this game drives me nuts when you look at how little exp some players contribute through the course of a match. If it was individual experience and levels, they wouldn't even have their level 10 ult before the match ended, then they might realise they're doing something wrong.

Kioshen

I'd like to see a caster with a Dormammu-style mechanic, where their Q/W/E have relatively short cooldowns and the D has different effects depending on what the last 3 spells used were. (Guessing this has been done in other MOBAs)

Invoker in Dota 2 is exactly that.

Indignate

I'm assuming they're also increasing the amount of heroes that you need to own with that as well.

When is hero swap though?

Alur

I disagree there.

If it was crucial, it would have the same level of clamoring going on. Instead you rarely ever see it discussed.

Would it be nice? Assuming it could be properly implemented, yeah. Will I be happy to just have some goddamn bans? Yep.

The clamoring may start after bans are in, sure, but right now it's basically nonexistent on the list of "big things we are qqing/upset/outraged/in dire need of right now".

Alur

Philosophically, a lot of the things you associate with things differ greatly from how I do. We've established that in the year plus. I don't think that means too much in this discussion.

With the fans and players actually spending day after day and hour after hour complaining about matchmaking, new heroes, balancing, bans in HL, spectating, client upgrades, etc...they have plenty to mess with before it seems the majority are too concerned about pick order.

As I said, this time last year they said they would never implement bans. It's pretty outlandish to expect pick swapping when we've had "SOON(TM)" on bans since sometime last summer. It's not going to break the game.

Not having bans is breaking the game because it makes things un-fun (facing/picking the same heroes again and again) and puts that much more onus on balancing which we are lucky to get every 6 weeks.

brian!

I dont mean that i expect them to do it, just that it is as important as bans

A year ago i said that ranked needs to emulate pro competition (bans, pick order, etc.) and theyve finally acknowledged that, i dont really expect them to follow through correctly, as seen by what ur noting w/ bans coming along w/ the breaking of the camels back

Agree w/ you that it's not a priority for tgem which theyve indicated repeatedly

Alur

Fair enough. My whole point is can we at least enjoy something we get for a day or two before we ask for the next thing (particularly when that next thing isn't even being discussed anywhere)? I mean if you wanna ask where the other two stages of matchmaking are, go ahead. But pick swapping isn't even on the radar from what I've seen, from the devs or from majority of the player base. It's been ages since it was mentioned in this thread IIRC.

I mean, hell, honestly we don't even have it yet or a timeline on when we'll get bans. We just assume it's soon because he was so forthright about it. It could be the middle of June for all we know, and there's no real indication why it's taking them so long to implement something that seems so...obvious.

And then beyond that, for me, I understand the desire but personally there's a good sized list of things I'd rather see implemented beforehand before pick swap. That may be my own ignorance as someone who doesn't play any other MOBA ranked mode and has played four accounts worth of this ranked mode, but /shrug.

brian!

Yeah i want to believe it's actually coming soon because they are speaking on it and there was that video from the hs guy about how they are non-communicative on purpose so as to not raise ppls hopes about something coming kinda far in the future but iunno

Im def in the ignorant school where i see new skins coming out constantly but core things yet to be implemented and am like ugh, even though thats probably not how things work at all

Alur

Haha, well I'm kinda both in that regard.

I want more new skins/heroes. I just assume whoever does that isn't involved with the actual inner workings of shit like implementing bans, spectating, tournament info into the in-game client, balance, etc. I assume they are separate groups of the team, kind of like how a forward and defenseman have the same goal in hockey (to put the puck in the net) but they have different responsibilities to get to that point.

What you said is my inclination too, though...I don't think he'd have mentioned it so openly if it wasn't nearing completion.

The thing that boggles my mind is how they've been working on it all this time and it still hasn't been implemented. I'm no developer, but it seems like however they built "hero league/ranked play" they would've left the room for a possible need for ban implementation from the start to make the transition smoother and that the whole process shouldn't have taken them something like 6-8 months now.

Then again, they were so deadset against it I suppose it's possible they were like nah, fuck it boiz and left themselves no out so they DID have to rebuild the whole system. If it's taking this long because we're getting a completely reworked hero league UI (which it needs, IMO, at least with the stupid tabbing through pages to pick heroes) and potentially reworked hero league period - bans, grandmaster, the works all at once - then it makes a little more sense.

That's kind of the SWTOR development problem all over again, though...just release this shit in stages and not save it all up for one big drop. By saving it all up, you are killing the buzz for your game.

brian!

I have to assume it's rebuilding (which is why when the new hl ui came out last year i was like...but wheres the stuff...and why it's pretty important, like just for their own sake even, that they just get everything in that they need in another redesign)

Alur

I have to assume it's rebuilding (which is why when the new hl ui came out last year i was like...but wheres the stuff...and why it's pretty important, like just for their own sake even, that they just get everything in that they need in another redesign)

That's a very good point. In that regard it would make sense to cram it all in...but damn, is it disheartening, even for a stone cold homer like myself.

Awesome.

Alur and Brian actually discuss the vidya gaem instead of
shitpost

FTFY.

Alur

I try to maintain an even balance of earnest trolling, outright homerism, thread policing, and actual discussion.

That means at any given time 25% of my posts could fit into one of those categories. Which part of the spectrum it lies on? That's up to the eye of the beholder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom