• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

Holy shit they didn't throw. They did it.
Zuna was looking absolutely absurd on KT and Falstad. Moving Mac to tank was 100% the right call.

Was Sylvanas just looking awful to anyone else all tournament?

edit: Syl/Tass is just like Syl/Zera- not enough fucking damage.

Just ban Illidan once, just fucking once. CoG gave 'em a hard time with Illidan and they literally lost 3 out of 4 games against illidan in this series. Or here's an idea pick him.

Still think C9 is the better team, just dumb.

Alur

Zuna was looking absolutely absurd on KT and Falstad. Moving Mac to tank was 100% the right call.

Was there anything on Twitter re: why they suddenly made the move mid tournament? I know Mac plays Mura a bit on stream, did he play other warriors?

Do we know Medivhs kit yet?

Breezy, I got you breh:

Kendric reveal video/breakdown on Medivh - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DunY5JgzRo

Dreadnaught playing Medivh in a Medivh/Chromie showcase video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFVWiD5_dRM

He's got no baseline heal, but is essentially a support. Lots of utility, more like a traditional moba support. Already been called insanely OpieOP so we'll see.

Alur

If Blizzard really wanted to be awesome, each region should get it's champs mount and there should be a global mount. Most regions will never win worlds so it'd be cool. I'd love there to be a Dig mount for EU and a NVT mount for US folks. I'm sure Babael would love to rock his region's mount, etc etc.

kirblar

If Blizzard really wanted to be awesome, each region should get it's champs mount and there should be a global mount. Most regions will never win worlds so it'd be cool. I'd love there to be a Dig mount for EU and a NVT mount for US folks. I'm sure Babael would love to rock his region's mount, etc etc.
Maybe one mount with a whole bunch of options, once we get the extra tints in-game.

Alur

That would work as well. One for each region, with the top 6 or 8 (or however many tints) teams across each region being put on the mount based on their overall showings combined and averaged out from the 3 tournaments.

EDIT: Worth noting that though it was narrow (3-2), Naventic's win tonight was the first time a team other than Cloud 9 or Tempo Storm has won a major NA qualifier/regional and really a major tournament depending on your thoughts about Heroes Rising LAN. Tempo won all the qualifiers last year, lost in regionals to C9. C9 won Blizzcon, then the first regional this year. Pretty cool, honestly. New blood. Now it'd be nice if they'd capitalize on it...or if we could see Cog or GFE step in and do something as well moving forward.

Ketch

I think medivh is gonna suck hard in pubs.

The invul is super nice, but his utility will be hard for most uncoordinated teams to utilize at all I feel. Unless he's got some serious damage in his kit I bet his win rate is low 40%.

But maybe the invul is just too crazy, it's pretty crazy.

But still I don't think it competes with just having another damage on your team.... Or even another stun.

But he's an enabler for lesser supports to be nuts... Like midivh malf is probably stupid strong.

Alur

I just wonder if the invuln will be any better for plebs than Divine Palm. Most average players can't even land it reliably...and it's basically the same thing, just instead of a heal it's a prevent.

Super hyped for him though to find out.

Ketch

I just wonder if the invuln will be any better for plebs than Divine Palm. Most average players can't even land it reliably...and it's basically the same thing, just instead of a heal it's a prevent.

Super hyped for him though to find out.

I guess it's probably better for pubs then DP but monk is probably better over all to have on your pub team like even as double support.

I think the shield is more like Tass shield except randomly absorbs way more damage... You know? Anytime it blocks less damage then a Tass shield its only slightly worse, anytime it blocks more damage its waaaaay better.

@kirblar. Full on agree. Sign me up for more heroes like medivh.

kirblar

Yeah, Tass is by far the best comparison for this bro. It's the same template- mitigation + damage + vision + battlefield control.

Ketch

Except Tass has got more damage unless that wave thing he has is actually good damage it doesn't look like medivh can even solo lane.

I want to see arthas' new stuff

Alur

I'd like to see Arthas' stuff too without having to keep it in my head while Grubby rattles it off.

Really hope he's back. Always been dumb that the (arguably) most iconic Blizzard character was a dumpster pile for the most part.

kirblar

There's a writeup of Anub/Arthas notes from Grubby on Reddit's frontpage. They gave him back sustain in the form of a DC build. Thank the old gods.

Alur

Chromie is coming May the 17th so perhaps then for the next "real" balance patch. We may see something small next week, though, depending on how they feel about the meta I guess.

kirblar

Ah, didn't know we had a confirmed date for her. That likely puts Medivh at 6/7, in order to not debut him right on top of the Ranked Play launch.

Alur

b-step to Sweden

cBorMLM.gif

GRaider81

So from playing overwatch the last few days I've gone into full on blizzard mode. This game interests me a lot (never played a moba) and I enjoyed the tutorial.

How accessible is this to noobs? I hear all the time these games aren't very friendly towards folk like myself ? Hoping that's a myth!

Can I just jump in a game? Do I need a mic?

kirblar

Very accessible. I played like 10-ish games of LOL not knowing what I was doing years ago before jumping into this. Hasn't been hard at all. Do a bunch of AI games, and just buy the 2K heroes with gold.

Also, you get EXP credit for doing training/tutorial mode by yourself, which is a good way to learn the basics of the maps.

Quick Match in Heroes of the Storm is better than Quick Play in Overwatch.

While the comps may often be shitty in HotS QM, you at least get a basic team composition that can sometimes border on the semblance of a functional team. In Overwatch, you can tell you're going to lose in 2 minutes or less on defence just by looking at your multi Tracer/Genji/Cowboy Asshole/Bow and Arrow Asshole comp. People flat out ignore the team composition warnings at match start. So I don't know if the mistake is Blizzard made an objective based team game when people basically just want straight up deathmatch or if they should enforce roles/team comp by limiting player hero selection (no dupes on the same team, you can't choose a role that's already over-represented, etc.). If your team doesn't ragequit at the end of failing on D, they often continue to not pick the proper roles for attack and then you can't even capture the first point. I feel like I'm playing free-to-play Team Fortress 2, the map is Badwater, I'm on Blu and everyone else is a sniper or spy, no one is pushing the cart and no one gives a shit that we're going to lose.

TLDR; I think I've come around to Dustin Browder's viewpoint that draft in QM would be terri-bad in HotS. It certainly looks that way in Overwatch.

kirblar

Unranked draft is coming though. :)

WoW taught people Healer + Tank + 3 DPS as a standard 5 man, which is why it's the baseline here.

Unranked draft in HotS is gonna be a gongshow if Overwatch's beta (and Dota All-Pick) is any sort of indication. 5th pick offlane Drow/Sniper when there's no support will be 5th pick Illidan/Greymane.

WoW can't even teach people not to stand in fire, to turn off pet growl or aspect of the pack and it sure as shit hasn't installed a sense of what a basic team comp should be in other games like HotS and Overwatch.

Maledict

I don't think we'll ever see another episode of State of the Nexus thanks to this schedule. Dreamhack Tours is next weekend, so it won't be running then either... ;-(

I only watched the last of the game of 5, but what the hell happened to C9? 1 kill versus 17 as they push into the core with a boss under a curse? They were totally demolished, and Idream was very very bad on Sylvanas.

they drafted like shit after their schtick was found out. They should have sweeped 3-0 but they refused to adapt.

Milly79

I don't know. I fell asleep during game 3 since I work early the delays and pauses made that way too long.

Regardless, they played well the entire tournament, but failed in the set that actually mattered.

They still need more diversity. The times they really stomped always invovled 3+ stuns and typically the same characters. Mura/etc, Falstad, Brightwing, KT, Rexxar.

Can't forget Tyrande

Celegus

I only watched the last of the game of 5, but what the hell happened to C9? 1 kill versus 17 as they push into the core with a boss under a curse? They were totally demolished, and Idream was very very bad on Sylvanas.
Game 4 was a little rough, but game 5 was the only real stomp. That sylv just did nothing for them. Maybe he was just feeling the fatigue after that marathon of a day, but it wasn't pretty. They really got outdrafted in that one in particular.

In better news, Misha rocked the 100% win rate through the tournament.

Maledict

Game 4 was a little rough, but game 5 was the only real stomp. That sylv just did nothing for them. Maybe he was just feeling the fatigue after that marathon of a day, but it wasn't pretty. They really got outdrafted in that one in particular.

In better news, Misha rocked the 100% win rate through the tournament.

I honestly don't think that's a good thing. I think Rexxar is a fundamentally bad character - boring as hell to watch, incredibly tedious talents, and really annoying to play against. Definitely feels like they worst hero design of the past year.

Celegus

I honestly don't think that's a good thing. I think Rexxar is a fundamentally bad character - boring as hell to watch, incredibly tedious talents, and really annoying to play against. Definitely feels like they worst hero design of the past year.

He's one of my absolute favorites to play and I feel like he has pretty good talent diversity (though mostly boils down to teamfight or jungle builds). Boars is one of my favorite heroics too... obviously not as impactful as many others, but it has a generous cooldown and really screws with teams trying to disengage, especially with the level 20 upgrade. Been playing the heck out of him anytime I get the chance since his buffs.

brian!

For me, he's not boring or anything, but def has the potential to be one of the most unfun heroes to play against if he geta out of hand

brian!

just checked out the last few dh games, fun as fuk, pseudo-tank illi > illi comp
c9 wised up to it in boe and went for the flank on kt but man it blew up in their face
zuna the best heroes player in na?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom