• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah that reminds me dream hack's hots twitch channel was also running constant three minute blocks of ads DURING GAMES so if you were watching not on a computer with ad block you had to restart the stream once or twice every game to avoid being fucked by ads

Milly79

Li-Ming orb build OP

A4Zklbc.jpg

So how the pre season rewards work ? You need to be at that rank when the season closes or do you need to hit that rank at one point in the season ?

Milly79

Li Ming OP? Whodathunkit?

I can't recall ever running a full orb build. It's so strong and requires less aim.

And oh shit. Didn't realize it's the #1 build on Hotslogs now. I ran with glass cannon instead of illusionist, though. Why did I never do this?!

Maledict

I messed around with the orb build this weekend, and yeah it's silly. Milli are you saying that glass cannon is the better option, or illusionist?

One thing I would say - I think they failed with Li-Mings design. Whilst she feels fun to play, they were specifically aiming for a high skill cap character and yet they've never managed that with her. The orb build is the definition of easy to play - hell, old school Kael with Ignite was harder.

You can't give a character two extremely high range, high damage abilities and a short cool down teleport and expect them to be hard to play. I honestly think Li-Ming is one of the easier heroes to play at the moment.

Milly79

I messed around with the orb build this weekend, and yeah it's silly. Milli are you saying that glass cannon is the better option, or illusionist?

One thing I would say - I think they failed with Li-Mings design. Whilst she feels fun to play, they were specifically aiming for a high skill cap character and yet they've never managed that with her. The orb build is the definition of easy to play - hell, old school Kael with Ignite was harder.

You can't give a character two extremely high range, high damage abilities and a short cool down teleport and expect them to be hard to play. I honestly think Li-Ming is one of the easier heroes to play at the moment.

I don't know if it's better per say, just felt right at the time.

@Proto, I think that's any map, tbh. You can stand further away and nuke to your content. I found I was positoning myself a lot more than usual and knocking down walls to ensure I'd get some good orbs going.

Illusionist is required if the enemy team is diving you constantly and you need to be harder to lock down than you already are. Glass Cannon is the damage talent you pick if escaping isn't a concern and you can nuke from range with impunity. Zei's Vengeance, Glass Cannon, Arcane Orbit and Tal Rasha output some seriously stupid damage.

Chromie looks like she'll be a lot of fun, easier to use than Medivh.

Alur

The PTR is up. I just bought Chromie.

If anyone wants to play, hop on.

PTR Patch Notes

EDIT: Also, Chromie only comes with the Fel skin. That means Hell Billie will be a reward for purchasing in shop most likely as we suspected.

Nova’s prices have been reduced to $8.49 USD and 7,000 Gold.

Literal cancer

Developer Comments: We’ve noticed some rather un-fun behavior in the form of sniping Healing Wells over time using very long range Abilities. While we’re okay with players doing this to a degree, we found it was too effective given how little counterplay there was. To help solve this, turned a sizable portion of Healing Well Health into a Shield. This means that if you offer your Healing Well some respite from enemy attacks by chasing opponents away every now and then, it will start to regenerate some of that Shield. Only you can protect Healing Wells from those pesky Arcane Orbs!

Pretty big change, loved doing that

Battle Momentum

Battle Momentum has been made Hero-specific, and now only applies to Basic Ability cooldowns.
Diablo
Diabolical Momentum
Basic Attacks now reduce Basic Ability cooldowns by 0.75 seconds instead of 0.5.
No longer reduces Heroic Ability cooldowns.
Johanna
Blessed Momentum
Kerrigan
Bladed Momentum
Basic Attacks now reduce Basic Ability cooldowns by 0.75 seconds instead of 0.5.
Tyrael
Angelic Momentum
Tyrande
Lunar Momentum
Basic Attacks now reduce Basic Ability cooldowns by 0.6 seconds instead of 0.5.
Zagara
Swarm Momentum
No longer reduces Heroic Ability or Trait cooldowns.

Developer Comments: Our intention for Battle Momentum was to create more active gameplay by using your Basic Abilities more often, but we found that a lot of this Talent’s power lied in its ability to reduce your Heroic cooldowns. We wanted to increase the cooldown reduction granted by the Talent, but didn’t want Heroic Ability cooldowns to drop to absurdly low levels. By making it only reduce the cooldowns of Basic Abilities (Q, W, E), it allowed us to increase this cooldown reduction without making it overpowered. We’ve also made Battle Momentum Hero-specific, so that we can tune each one without affecting all the rest, since Attack Speed, melee versus range, and the nature of your Basic Abilities can all drastically change what is balanced.

Darth Vader: Nooooooooooooo! But leave illidan baked in?

Also all the gathering talents are being capped off, not a fan.

Alur

Some interesting stuff outside of the huge reworks:

LI LI

Cleanse (Talent) added at Level 7

One of the boys now.

JOHANNA

Iron Skin (Trait) (D)
Shield amount increased from 613 (+4% per level) to 674 (+4% per level).

That's a decent buff.

LEORIC

Reanimation (Talent) has been changed to match Regeneration Master’s new functionality.
Upon gathering 30 Health Regeneration Globes, Leoric will respawn 10 seconds faster.

I thought they had forgotten he existed. Lots of globes, but interesting if you get there. Probably needs to be 25.

STITCHES

Hungry for More (Talent) has been reworked as a Questing Talent.
Quest: Collecting Regeneration Globes permanently increases maximum Health by 30, up to a maximum of 900.
Reward: Upon reaching 900 bonus Health, Stitches’ Movement Speed is increased by 10%.

Not really sure what to make of this.

User Interface

Resolved an issue that could cause players to become disconnected from draft lobbies when rapidly clicking among Hero Skin Variations.

Mount preferences will now be properly saved across Hero League and Custom Game draft lobbies.

The auto disconnect/forced abandoned bug is gone?

Also, hopefully this actually saves mount preferences...unlike the other 20 times they've tried to fix issues with it.

kirblar

Price Reductions

Nazeebo’s prices have been reduced to $6.49 USD and 4,000 Gold.
Nova’s prices have been reduced to $8.49 USD and 7,000 Gold.
Called the Nazeebo drop when he showed up on sale 2 times in 2 months.
Executioner

This Talent has been reworked.
Increases Basic Attack damage by 30% for 3 seconds after hitting a Stunned, Slowed, or Rooted target with a Basic Attack. Using Basic Attacks against a Slowed, Rooted, or Stunned target during this time will refresh the buff duration.
Oh boy, that looks so much better.

Zackat

movement speed on stitches seems like it would be pretty good for getting into hook range, no? especially if you got that shit down. 10% is a good amount of move speed. Spread his fart gas ult further (idk what it's called) if that's how it works unless it comes out at certain intervals and not a continuous stream. Move further back with someone eaten. Seems like movement speed would be a good utility for him overall.

I don't play him at all though so I am just spitballing.

Alur

Check this new feature out:

High estimated wait time on certain heroes. Interesting.

Man I hope Medivh's abilities have a large CD, because fuck that OP noise.

Didn't someone say his W is like 6 or 8 seconds?

I reserve judgement on OP or not OP based on the kit. 9 out of 10 times we are wrong. It'll all depend on how easy he is to use, because he has virtually no damage. He is, for all intents and purposes, a healer without a heal (unless you talent into some heal on W at 16). Convincing randoms to use your teleports to get in and out and to not run away like idiots with the W (like they often do with Palm) are going to be a big part of him being stronk.

Baseline it looks strong, but we'll see how much coordination it requires.

Ketch

His W is 5 seconds.

Also the regen master changes are a huge buff to Chen. Can't wait.

Considering move speed on stitches don't forget tenderizer and bile will also synergies with that very well. Stitches is already good. So this'll make him better.

Alur

Chromie's range (particularly when talented) makes Li-Ming seem mediocre. Little harder to hit her Q with the windup built in, but the W can be sneaky good. The slowing ult is amazing on Infernal Shrines. She can definitely do the "hit you from the fog" thing like Li-Ming.

Alur

why does it take so damn long to find a game

On live, or on PTR? If you're playing the new hero on PTR then of course it's gonna take a long time. Only one can be on each team.

If you're on live, dunno what to tell you. That only happens (normally) if there's a new hero release, you have very high MMR, or very very low MMR.

Alur

Anyone need team league placement games? We are starting a group. Speak now/login now or forever hold your peace.

Celegus

Anyone need team league placement games? We are starting a group. Speak now/login now or forever hold your peace.
The only thing different is the team portrait right? It's the same mount on either side? Could still be fun to try team league out though, I've never really played on anything half resembling a coordinated team. Celegus#1599 if you want to try it sometime!

Alur

We've been trying to draft smart, but we're talking realistically we'll have rank 1's playing with rank 20+'s, so there's only so much you can do. It's just for fun and to get the placement completed. No try hardarino, just easygoing.

We just went 2-1 with a no rank, rank 32, rank 5, and two rank 1's. Had the last one too but we threw in a late team fight.

Indignate

I think 2bear meant to post in the dota thread.

We are hearing your feedback about Kerrigan. Although the changes this patch are very minor, we are full aware of the community’s support and enthusiasm for revitalizing the Queen of Blades. Although we don’t currently have any extensive changes planned for her, she is definitely on our radar and you can expect to see some more tweaks coming soon™.

pls sirs

The only complaint I have about Chromie, playing as her, is Temporal Loop seems super niche and only useful with specific team comps or against specific heroes whereas Slowing Sands is incredibly useful in pretty much every situation.

I imagine Chromie will be just as problematic as Li-Ming is and Flamethrower/Ignite Kael used to be once she gets Reaching Through Time (range increase) at 12. Maybe moreso. They just keep upping the range, and who counters these ranged heroes? Invis and dive heroes? If Blizzard thinks that, if they think Nova or Butcher are a viable counter to heroes like this, well, that might be a problem. At least Chromie's Sand Blast is more of a skillshot than Arcane Orb but that's going to be little comfort when you're getting nuked from the fog. The distance she can hit you once she has Reaching Through Time is kind of nuts. She seems super strong but all I can get into right now are bot matches, so it's hard to gauge. She can delete squishies if she lands her combo.

Wow, they buffed Tal Rasha's Elements. Using abilities grants 5% Ability Power to a Maximum of 20%. A 10% increase from the flat bonus. So it's a nerf to the initial spell used, the same bonus as the old version on the second spell used, then it's more powerful on the third and even more so on the fourth. That bonus will be easy to keep if you go with Calamity and have three nukes to roll through.

Wow, they buffed Tal Rasha's Elements. Using abilities grants 5% Ability Power to a Maximum of 20%. A 10% increase from the flat bonus. So it's a nerf to the initial spell used, the same bonus as the old version on the second spell used, then it's more powerful on the third and even more so on the fourth. That bonus will be easy to keep if you go with Calamity and have three nukes to roll through.

after the 4th it drops to 0%, or is it 5 base, again tho depending on what they define as chain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom