• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

Yep. Bunch of tournaments going on and it's Friday, not Saturday. And we just had like an hour long delay thanks to DDoS or something.

Can't believe they have all that talent there, two streams running, and they've got Khaldor casting from his own setup rofl. Makes no fucking sense.

Syf

Banned
biskie was my original name on here tbh, I've asked to change it back but they stopped responding to my requests haha

brian!

yeah double support isnt great against him
i dunno how she counters illidan, doesnt she just blind him
i guess the dragon slow is nice, but it's not even guaranteed to hit him

Milly79

Yeah and that serpent man. I guess dragon helps slow him for like .5 sec before he Ws out

kirblar

Blind, generally the healing is good since he can't stun and he's not bursty at all. Dunno if Serpent would actually be a good idea.

brian!

a blind during his e is def nice since that is his main lifesteal window, but something that can help kill him is prob closer to what id describe as a counter, like uther or bw

in terms of dmg mitigation prob tass is the best, but I think the casters were talking about how tass can get into trouble against illidan (i dont really agree tho, I mean I guess if he's way overextended or something)

CoG get your shit together and don't put Glau on heroes with no escape. Maybe he can popularize Leoric again.

Tass is generally not considered a good counterpick to illidan, i don't remember where but on some podcast they said it's hard to counter illidan because he partners so well with tass but tass isn't good against him.

brian!

i mean he has the best single target protection in the game but that's it, his problem against illidan is that it doesnt kill him it just makes it hard for him to kill

it's pretty valuable to take tass away if you dont want to use a ban on him imo tho

Alur

Summer Regional Portraits out boys. Christmas came early:

aX4GW9w.jpg

Maledict

From what I saw the drafts were... Special. Kael and Illidan getting through multiple times.

Edit: looking at the results now and it seems a big mess. C9 turned up to play after all, Tempostorm crashed and burned, Naventic didn't perform as expected. Anyone who watched the matched got any insights?

Maledict

Jeuss christ playing this game at the weekend is an experience of pain... ;-) I think everyone and their dog has come out of the woodwork to try and get the pre-season reward,s which means tons of people who haven't played for ages.

Which is goo, but they always seem to be in my team... ;-)

Zackat

Jeuss christ playing this game at the weekend is an experience of pain... ;-) I think everyone and their dog has come out of the woodwork to try and get the pre-season reward,s which means tons of people who haven't played for ages.

Yeah I am positive in W/L so far but the L's have been landslides.

kirblar

This was very noticeable even in VS AI- no one understood Boss Pushes suddenly.

brian!

in nvt vs. C9; Nvt did not play well yesterday w/ play from bige, kenma, and mac standing out as poor, but they still feel a tier above the competition; their drafts are worrisome since they tend towards strong meta picks. C9 drafted amazingly in the games i saw, and were able to craft coherent comps comprised of comfort picks, with the maps being played just being favorable for c9s pool. Def the most fun series, c9 played great.

Illidan/kael as a combo is strong but is being exposed hard in na atm when actual team building is involved. It's def not something you want to prioritize on certain maps. Sylv is finally getting her due in na. Nvt understands it by unfortunately it doesnt seem like bige is in practice with it from yesterday's games.

Aa and gfe both showed up nicely; in yesterday's games they came off as teams that actually had coherent ideas wrt playing the game when compared to cog or ts. Cog played as if they could just outskill their competition but their map/rotational play was always a step behind and they often took certain things for granted, resulting in the team they were facing being all nah you cant get away w/ that -> punish. Ts played more coherently but jesus christ they cant teamfight. Drafting from group b was more or less standard, expect udall to go for illidan always and equinox to go for sonya always. Oh also they like to play lili into illidan (tactic which hasnt worked well this tourney), so lili saw a ban yesterday, most likely shes been seeing results in scrims, im not really seeing it at all personally but i hope it pops off in today's games and i get illuminated

Ppl kind of seem like they are fearing the blinds w/ illidan, johanna has been consistently drafted along with him (though this could just as easily be them wanting to pick up waveclear since illidan has shit waveclear compared to the other popular melees/yeah get the tank with waveclear + we all know muradin is a better counter). Udall team constantly ran solo illi (he also died from ganks a decent amount), but i dont think the other teams were doing that.

Speaking of muradin, c9 did a great draft in game one of nvt vs. c9 that took advantage of the early pickability of muradin using tyrande/rex/etc/furion/kael, like muradin cant do shit against any of this. Additionally let us all pray that rexxar doesnt become op, prob one of the worst candidates in the game to become op

rooting for nvt and gfe today, hope it's good games

GFE

Wasn't muradin picked in the first rotation, like 1, 2 punch Mura and someone else? Caff is great on Muradin but you can't really deny NA's top warrior player anything.

Isn't Johanna primarily picked for turn in/channel denial, her other stuff just comes with that. Having self cleanse and condemn is already good for that but the range on her blind is insane for the denial.
Makes me wonder of Iron Skin being castable on other heroes at a longer CD would have been opieop as a talent.

brian!

shes good at denial for sure, I always lean towards her waveclear, but she's good at a bunch of stuff
caff played a really good johanna yesterday
actually caff just played great throughout

another thing I feel was happening in c9 vs. nvt was that c9 consistently thought a step ahead; they would identify nvt's comp strengths and work against it, so you would see ppl chasing muradin around in spider queen game 1 (and also c9 keeping grouped since their comp was impenetrable; mac had a great instant thrall ult when they hit 10 but they werent able to capitalize and c9 was ready for it every time after that) or ignoring abathur lane in game 2 (sans idream being like, oh look free kills might as well take one) and following the etc gank squad around (seriously, dunk cleansed like every all-in attempt from that gank squad). so many of things blowing up in nvt's face was basically them making a good move which would result in a kill against most teams and c9 being ready w/ the counter

im gonna be in twitch chat, but prob will head out in a bit too, big e looking good on sylv, really enjoyed the sylv/monk pressure squad

___

great draft from nvt against pg, zuna is so fucking good at zeratul

brian!

mac literally seemed afk on abathur at times lol, but yeah besides the free exp. the kills were actually timed at pretty prescient moments
he played pretty well on muradin just now, there was one dwarf toss into pg's whole team where i was like noooo, but it was totally fine

also wow casting/hosting has improved since last year + jhwow is a great addition, Im enjoying the direction blizz is taking w/r/t faces of heroes
bringing kaelaris from eu to host is a good move, no one from na is really good at it

dang was hoping for mckerrigan but pg smart enough to deny it
i havent watched any games w/ the new greymane build yet so dis should be good

brian!

whew that game was rough from both sides, fan almost threw the entire thing
nvt did a good job not collapsing early

i was like man li ming is not a good pick here, but nvt was like nah we're going to talent 100% into getting one reset

Ketch

Jake is the worst. What was that map intro?

Like I wouldn't do any better myself, but he's been doing this for a long time and he still spouts sentences that just don't make sense as sentences. Like what are you even saying? Words words words, words words words words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom