• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like Thrall is getting picked for the Ult and basically nothing else. He needs a looksie by the Blizz design team.

Big part but he also is a great laner that works in many comps, has self sustain, lockdown and even range if needed.

i think it's more like thrall isn't in a good spot when rofl's on him.

that was pretty bad showing by him.

Glaurung has been shaky on him as well. KT shuts down melees hard with his E, you can just so rarely step up to him for some decent damage. And the common strategy of having thrall flank leaves him vulnerable.

Ketch

i feel like thrall has always had rare opportunities to get in, but it's all about taking advantage of those opportunities. I didn't see the glaurung games, but rofl was just out of position in like everyfight. Looked like he was trying to pull a Jaina flank and just constantly getting caught. You can play Thrall from within your team and still land effective sunders.

I also didn't see the draft, so I'm not sure if thrall was drafted before or after tassadar, that makes a big difference.

edit:

JAKE! WTF ARE YOU TALKIN ABOUT!. Think about what you want to say before you say it please. words have meaning. for fucks sake. god damnit. /babyrage he's so annoying

edit2: I'm sorry, I know it's irrational to be so bothered by it, but when there's a dude on the mainstage saying shit like "There's six towers for you to collect" it makes me want to throw my monitor.

Alavard

Our team drafts Hammer, Azmodan, Sylvanas, Nova, and Lili (me)

Enemy team takes Illidan, Johanna, Morales, Li-Ming, and Falstad.

Map is Spider Queen

Game goes predictably terribly based on that comp... until we somehow manage a crazy full wipe on them while they're taking boss, and manage to just end it right there at level 17. HL is so weird.

Celegus

C9 looking so much better than they have for a while. Hoping they crush Naventic!

Yes yes yes gilly dread final cast OPOP!

Milly79

Anub changes

**Lvl 1**

Extended Spikes: Increases Impale's range and damage by 25% (previously only range increase)

Dampen Magic (new)

Assault Scarab: 30% bonus damage for beetles (up from 25%)

Regeneration Master (generic ability reworked into quest talent, +500 health after gathering 30 globes)

**Lvl 4**

Underking: Increase Burrow Charge range by 20%, increase damage by 100% (previously no damage increase. not sure if old cd -2 sec remains)

Locust Needles: Buffed to splash damage to 60% of basic attack (up from 50%)

Legion of Beetles: No change

Mercenary Lord: Removed

**Lvl 7**

Shed Exoskeleton: 30% movement speed increase (up from 25%)

Chitinous Plating: (Moved from 13) While Hardened Carapace is active, taking damage from enemy abilities reduces its cooldown by 0.75 sec up to 3 sec. (previously increased shield by 40%)

Leeching Scarabs: No change (50%)

Urticating Spines: Moved to 13

Bed of Barbs: Moved to 13

**Lvl 10**

No change

**Lvl 13**

Burning rage: No change

Urticating Spines: (Moved from 7) Casting Hardened Carapace will also deal 80 damage to nearby enemies (down from 105), double damage to enemy heroes (new)

Bed of Barbs: (Moved from 7) Create a bed of spikes along Impale's path that slows enemies by 30% and deals 46 damage per second (up from 26)

Chitinous Plating: Moved to 7

**Lvl 16**

Epicenter: Increases burrow charge surface area by 85% and lowers cooldown by 4 sec for each enemy hero hit (previously no cd reduction)

Beetle Juiced: Every third basic attack against enemy heroes spawns a beetle

Blood for Blood: No change

Imposing Presence: Removed

**Lvl 20**

Crypt Weave: Staying near the cocoon allows Anub'arak to extend the duration of each cocoon by up to 4 sec (no longer need to channel)

Hardened Shield: No change

Rewind: No change

Hive Master: No change

Milly79

So we can say Zuna feed.

NvT looking bad this game. C9 running the chain stun comp over and over this tourney.

The Misha shit is getting old.

kirblar

I don't see how you don't ban Kael immediately in the P2 spot w/ how he is right now. Everything else there's counterplay for.

Alur

C9 is straight running the old TS playbook. Just wait til (insert team) does something dumb, win team fight, capitalize. Rinse, repeat.

NVT shotcalling was straight up Cog level last game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom