• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

I also don't think he's going to be that great as a tank. Like I don't understand why all the streamers are so hot on the changes. At best he becomes Johanna tier, and that still not really that great. I don't see frost presence/howling blast being any better then condemn, and his survivability without an escape might rival hers but is probably still not as good.... and he doesn't have a stun... and his lane presence before 10 isn't as good... So basically, in my opinion he's worse then Johanna except for when he's 1v1ing melee assassins (maybe), or assisting objectives to push buildings after 10 and then you don't even get the survivability.

And then all the same people are sleeping on Anub when he's the hero with the better lane, stun and the escape and the sickest single target CC in the game.

yea I don't know.

Alur

I dont think...

I also don't think...I don't understand why...

That's the story of these patches and new hero releases. More often than not, we really don't know. So many heroes have been claimed DOA or OpieOP before they ever get played only to see it go the other way or be just fine once they are in the live game.

I haven't played Arthas since he got rekt in beta, so I can't speak for the changes from any kind of familiarity. I have watched mewn and some other players tear off faces with him, but it's PTR. The games there are a total crapshoot.

brian!

Yeah in general this patch seems pretty good im excited to see what comes of it

I shoulda quoted tho i was responding to someone asking about arthas

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You mean the ones that are in every single match? Yea.
It makes sense, really. Mage is such a popular fantasy character type, combined with how powerful Li-Ming and Kael'thas currently are.

I am INCREDIBLY HYPED about the Arthas changes, though. Arthas was my first real "main" and I got him to rank 14. I can see him doing extremely well in double-warrior compositions.

So the PTR ends next week, when does the PTR patch usually hit live?

kirblar

He's already been good in 2x Warrior comps.

The goal of the changes (per Blizz) is to let him be good in mono-warrior comps again.

Celegus

I would love for double warrior to come back. Some of my favorite heroes (Rexxar, Leoric, Diablo, Anub, Arthas, etc) really like to have a buddy. Picking one of them in HL feels bad most of the time because people seem to think "oh good warrior's filled I can play ranged assassin".

Schnauzer

I would love for double warrior to come back. Some of my favorite heroes (Rexxar, Leoric, Diablo, Anub, Arthas, etc) really like to have a buddy. Picking one of them in HL feels bad most of the time because people seem to think "oh good warrior's filled I can play ranged assassin".

Anub and Arthas are getting huge buffs/reworks.

Rexxar is OP right now, if you know how to play him.

Ketch

dang overwatch beta is over, now what am i gonna do?

homework?
sick.gif

Alur

Play HOTS like you always did. Play PTR. Play the new HS expansion. Wait til next week for new patch. Wait til the week after that for Overwatch live.

Zackat

Alur

Edit: ZPs in that Overwatch thread fightin for his livelihood. OW Hacks srs business. I also didn't know he had a gaf account.

He always had a ton of people watching him. Did he just straight up quit HotS for OW or what? He just disappeared.

ZPs has posted in here some as well, but it was late last year IIRC.

He did quit HOTS. Think he was burnt out on the game, and plus reddit was constantly trolling him.

I'll have to go check out the Overwatch thread.

Alur

I can't recall seeing any accusation that ZPs was a viewbotter in HOTS. And that shit has been all over reddit at times, particularly during Alpha and Early beta where a few dudes got ran out of town. You got a thread or something to back that up with?

He doesn't stream Overwatch regularly now, from what I've seen, but he lost about 300-400 viewers from HOTS to OW the last few times I watched. Just based on the activity (and the snarkiness) of the chat I'd have a hard time believing he was viewbotting.

And lol @ that Overwatch thread.

Can't remember where I read it, but I just remember hearing it quite a bit. He did always have a couple thousand viewers and a chat that barely moved, which is always fishy.

But like I said, not sure if there's any truth to it, just something I heard.

We must've watched two different streams, then. Cause ZPs chat was full of memes and people talking shit and being trolly, particularly near the end. And he was also very interactive with chat.

scoobs

I can't recall seeing any accusation that ZPs was a viewbotter in HOTS. And that shit has been all over reddit at times, particularly during Alpha and Early beta where a few dudes got ran out of town. You got a thread or something to back that up with?

He doesn't stream Overwatch regularly now, from what I've seen, but he lost about 300-400 viewers from HOTS to OW the last few times I watched. Just based on the activity (and the snarkiness) of the chat I'd have a hard time believing he was viewbotting.

Can't remember where I read it, but I just remember hearing it quite a bit. He did always have a couple thousand viewers and a chat that barely moved, which is always fishy.

But like I said, not sure if there's any truth to it, just something I heard.

Zackat

First,, he is casting these tournaments no?
Whether they are hacking or not a caster should not be defending them. From what I read it seemed like he was trying to refute that they were hacking but it could just be me.

Regardless of how it turns out, if it is because they hacked you are gonna get trolled baaaaad. If they didn't hack you gained nothing. Idk just seems like someone with a vested interest in the scene shouldn't be intervening. Hopefully Kaplan releases a video about it soon because Reddit wants some blood for it.

Ketch

I like ZPs, but man is he bad at public relations, jumping ship as soon as the actual top 200 HL listing came out was pretty sad. Just mega defensive at the drop of the hat too, usually not the best way to appeal to people's empathy.

and yea that OW thread is hilarious, some of those clips are fishy as fuck.

OW needs a big red letter NOTHING TO SEE HERE spray to post at the end of some of those clips.

scoobs

People apparently still commit to the watchtower on BHB. I had thought at least that to have died down across all leagues.

Its still fairly important to win that initial watchtower to gain the upper-hand in clearing the top lane first and getting in position for the first chest. Obviously people put too much emphasis on it, but its not entirely worthless.

Maximus.

Its still fairly important to win that initial watchtower to gain the upper-hand in clearing the top lane first and getting in position for the first chest. Obviously people put too much emphasis on it, but its not entirely worthless.

it isn't so important that you have a 4v4 for a few minutes and lose out on soaking. I agree it is a solid asset, but not worth wasting that much time and having idiots die over it.

brian!

It really isnt that bad of a thing to do though
It's the only objective on the map pre-minion spawn and gives a huge advantage

brian!

Apparently death coil is the shit on arthas now?

My brother was also saying that the missing health % dmg on it was applying to buildings

Alur

it is when you're dying over it and neglecting bot lane. At the lvl this happens you can just capture it while rotating between lanes.

Where we've been team leaguing for fun/rewards, we've played with some people who are a bit lower in MMR. You can tell they have smiley face PTSD because as soon as we load into BHB they ask people not to feed at the watchtower and everyone else is like "uh, yeah?"

Milly79

Jaina changes soon.

Also, new bundles datamined:

[Battlebeast Bundle](http://i.imgur.com/q8CtKXF.jpg) - Falstad, Buccaneer Falstad, Brightwing, Monkey Brightwing, Rexxar, ~~Stormlord~~ Frostlord Rexxar, and the Lunar Tiger Mount. Release date - 17th of May, 2016.

[Ultimate Battlebeast Bundle](http://i.imgur.com/z35CrYR.jpg) - Same as above, but add Chen, Warmaster Chen, Greymane, Ringmaster Greymane and Ringmaster's Pride mount. Release date - 17th of May, 2016.

[First Anniversary Bundle](http://i.imgur.com/5wl1RIY.jpg) - Arthas, Sgt. Hammer, Lt. Morales, Uther, Xul, The Butcher, Kerrigan, Artanis, Tyreal's Charger mount, and a 7-day Stimpack. Release date - 2nd of June, 2016.

[Triumph Bundle](http://i.imgur.com/Lw2oYqZ.jpg) - Zagara, Insectoid Zagara, Kharazim, Jade Dragon Kharazim, Tyreal, Seraphim Tyrael, Li-Ming, Star Princess Li-Ming, Abathur, Zeratul, Leoric, Rehgar, Cyberwolf mount, and Rainbow Unicorn mount. Release date - 17th of May, 2016.

[Widowmaker Nova Bundle](http://i.imgur.com/57hJRVn.jpg) - Nova, Widowmaker Nova. Release date - 24th of May, 2016.

There was also references added to a Black Cyberwolf mount and a portrait related to the anniversary, but those were less solid. Also couldn't figure out where Hell Billie comes into the occasion.

Alur

Definitely. Black Cyberwolf is interesting, though. We already have two cyberwolves, the ugly one with weird colors and then the gold/bronze/white one which is pretty awesome. If they are just gonna reskin/recolor something, give us another Battle Beast or another Tiger with different colors. Or go crazy and make a new Void Speeder for all the people who didn't get LOTV collectors.

They've done that with a lot of mounts after the fact, but not that one for some reason.

Alur

Arthelon thread on reddit where he agrees with brian!'s stance on player skill in HOTS, but also apparently said on stream:

"MVP Black players don't have better individual skills than other pro teams. There is no real difference of individual skills between pro players"

huehue okay bud

"When I watch Rich play, I tell myself "ok so he practiced that". One hour of practice and I could do that".

I'm gonna go practice for a bit longer and I should be good too I guess? Also explains the lack of practice from C9 I guess, if that's how they all look at it. Doesn't explain why no one seems to be on that level, though, if it's so easy.

I mean I get he's comparing the skill required and skill used to his bae, League, which he is apparently playing regularly again...but seriously? If he is so unhappy with the game, why keep playing it?

kirblar

"MVP Black players don't have better individual skills than other pro teams. There is no real difference of individual skills between pro players"
lolololololololololololol

This is the MOBA version of blaming it all on RNG in a TCG.

Maledict

Yep. He's only in HotS because he can earn money from it, whilst in League he wouldn't be anywhere near the professional level. HotS is a much smaller scene so it's much easier to earn cash without putting in the effort.

Which seems to be C9s entire thing nowadays - do the minimum required to win. Don't aim for the top, just do enough to get through.

I'm beginning to actively want C9 to lose and break up nowadays thanks to these sort of comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom