• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milly79

This is such a great comment:

@TempoZoia I don't understand finding Arth's backlash weird? It happens when you are polarizing. You have some experience with that

Legit, preach it.

So the ones I have liked were root cd at 1, mana at 4, icebound fort at 7, root trail at 13, root on aura at 16 and antimagic shell.

Gives you a massive root on a 5 second cd and then your aura also roots. And you can't really die... It's pretty good. Also like the lvl 1 quest talent with the death coil talents, lots of damage but you give up on so much control.

The root built seems pretty OP. It's like having a mega thrall root on a 5 second cd.

Ok after testing the root build is very very good.

kirblar

Splendour is really negative and not fun to listen to.

edit: if/when we ever get a Moonkin hero, I demand a Care Bear skin.

Ken

Ken, go into options in-game and then to Language and Region. Under Region, you can pick a server you wish it to prioritize for you. Just choose Western United States (it tells you your average ping at the moment, too, for each server).

Thanks! This worked!

In-game it showed my ping to Brazil as 16ms but during gameplay it was probably closer to 200+.

Cerato

Neo Member
In 4 quest + death coil matches, I had one 35 minute game were I went 17 and 3 and dealt 100K hero damage, and a normal 20 minute dragonshire where I went 12 and 1. On Arthas!

Edit: I bring this up to illustrate the high pub stomp potential of quest + DC. With root build, you may actually be more efficient. But quest + DC has the potential to dominate QMs to an extent that feels completely foreign to me on Arthas.

Alur

Thanks! This worked!

In-game it showed my ping to Brazil as 16ms but during gameplay it was probably closer to 200+.

You're welcome! I had a similar problem last year after they allowed us to change our server preference. I lived on the East Coast, but it kept giving me and Milly the Brazil server for some reason. I had to go in and manually set it to the (now gone) East Coast server like 2 or 3 times before it finally took, but eventually it worked.

Isaccard

You're welcome! I had a similar problem last year after they allowed us to change our server preference. I lived on the East Coast, but it kept giving me and Milly the Brazil server for some reason. I had to go in and manually set it to the (now gone) East Coast server like 2 or 3 times before it finally took, but eventually it worked.

Did you play Swotr with him? You seem familiar...

Alavard

So, it almost doesn't bear mentioning to due to her low winrate, but Chen is a very solid counter to Chromie. And I feel like it doesn't matter how they buff her, because he still will be. He can just stick to her so hard

Ketch

So, it almost doesn't bear mentioning to due to her low winrate, but Chen is a very solid counter to Chromie. And I feel like it doesn't matter how they buff her, because he still will be. He can just stick to her so hard

Is he? I thought about trying him but I figured he'd get wrecked by standing still to drink. You take grounding brew? or stick with regen master?

Alavard

Is he? I thought about trying him but I figured he'd get wrecked by standing still to drink. You take grounding brew? or stick with regen master?

Regen master is enough. She has to get lucky with a trap to escape you and both her damaging abilities have enough wind up time that you can start drinking and be fine.

Duress

Getting better with Dehaka. I love making people guess if I'm in the shrubbery. I may be still in there, or I could be on the other side of the map. or I might just be behind your towers waiting to gank you in your retreat.

Maledict

If Chen is in range of her she's messed up to be honest. She's that fragile - any melee with any sticking power at all auto kills her.

Ketch

so i got the cool vampire arthas skin and two games in a row even though I have it selected at hero select and you can see it on him there, when I load in it's the default skin riding on the poop monster... what gives? two games in a row.

so i got the cool vampire arthas skin and two games in a row even though I have it selected at hero select and you can see it on him there, when I load in it's the default skin riding on the poop monster... what gives? two games in a row.

Same problem with that Chromie demon queen skin. Doesn't load in match but it's there while I queue.

Ken

My first day of HotS was pretty fun! It's really nice not having to worry about last hits and item builds, though I guess I should probably look into things like the mercenary camps and map movement and lane control since that seems a lot more fluid than LoL

So far I've mainly been playing Valla since she's listed as Easy and I got her from RoS. 2 levels from getting Sylvanas though, and I should start looking into buying more heroes. Leaning towards a bunch of Protoss dudes since I'm more familiar with that brand than Warcraft.

Alur

THH this week was kinda meh, again. I swear I wish someone who knew how to organize topics could run the show.

The three most pressing topics were the patch, Dreamhack, and C9 roster change. Any of those should've been the first thing, most likely C9 because you don't bury the lede. As usual, Jake has to lead off with how the event was accommodated instead of the actual event itself. Dunktrain did get in a "one hour" joke near the beginning which none of the guests nor the host quite caught.

Dunktrain didn't really address anything around the Arthelon --> Cattlepillar change. No reason given beyond they had to do it now, which I guess sort of implies that he/they had been considering it for at least a little bit and basically waited til the last minute to see if it could work with Arthelon I guess. He said someone was upset about the change and leaked it, but it's unclear who he is referring to. Someone external it sounded like, but we know Faye told the news but they implied it wasn't her who leaked it so...who?

I kind of expected them to go into Arthelon defense force, especially with bkb taking such a hardline defensive stance for him, but they didn't say anything.

Also I'm pretty sure bkb is the natural enemy of any kind of change to the balance of the game that involves nerfing.

Maledict

On the plus side - State of the Nexus is back this weekend! We can directly compare the two and see how they fare on the big topics... ;-)

Alur

I still haven't heard a minute of it because he never put it on iTunes to my knowledge.

And it wouldn't matter anyway long term I don't think. Like you said a bit back, their schedules are just too all over the map for it to be a regular weekly thing like it needs to be IMO. So they can dip in and shore up a week here and there and be an alternative, but on a regular basis we're kinda just stuck with what we have unfortunately. =/

Isaccard

Is there a GAF chat channel?

Also, why's Urther listed Under Easy? He seems tough to use IMO, his Q CD is way too long to rely on, so I fall back on his W as a secondary heal

Alur

/join NeoGAF but no one talks in it. Really that's the case with most any channel excepting General Chat, which you should leave immediately unless you are a masochist. GAF channel was hopping in Alpha, but most people don't use it now.

Even when you turn the option on to show channels in game, you really don't have time to type back without getting yourself or your team killed so they are kind of useless in that respect. Mostly only good for throwing out lobby links to join custom games and a little bit of banter/questions in between.

If you haven't already:

/join aram and click on one of those lobby links and give that a try. It's pretty fun.

EDIT: also /join amovetv and /join frogpants. Those are two communities for HOTS podcasts (Into the Nexus and Core) that are decently populated and have a little bit of conversation and some groups forming.

Ketch

Seriously zoia? How could anyone not understand the arthelon disappointment.

Like there's so many reasons to be upset with him.

He's in a team with a lot of fans that's gone from literally best in the world to can't even beat 3rd string teams.

A lot of his personal fans have watched him waste great opportunities in league and in hots with tempo, nvt, and now again in c9.

He's on record basically saying that he doesn't like the game that all of his fans really really like.

He's also in record basically saying that he doesn't even try.

How could anyone not be disappointed with this guy? Literally one of the best assassin players in the game to failing while admitting that he doesn't even try in like a 1year time span.

Maybe internet backlash is the wake up call he needs, or maybe it'll cause him to do everyone a favor by getting out of the scene and stop wasting everyone's time including his own.

If people should feel bad they should feel bad for arthelons and tempos and c9s teammates and fans.

Dude kind of ruined a lot of things for alot of people because he doesn't feel like applying himself. Acts like he's 16.

brian!

Cant rly imagine being that invested as a fan
That kob shit pissed me off tho
I hope c9 is still the heel team after this though

Alur

Dude kind of ruined a lot of things for alot of people because he doesn't feel like applying himself.

Ditto. Caused issues in League. Was some part, big or small of the downfall of the biggest team in NA. Joined BRFC, left for greener pastures and they were happy he was gone. Joined the reigning best team in NA and just stopped giving a fuck.

His favorite hero in Overwatch must be Reaper.

Can't imagine being that invested as a fan period, or as a fan of an esports team? If you're not invested in a sports team outside of esports that makes sense. For most people, though, the shit that went down with Arthelon was pretty tame.

It wasn't like he was treated like RG3 or LeBron or anything.

What KoB stuff? The owner being a douche?

brian!

Was it kob? whatever team tomster was on. But yeah there was that instance where the owner did fucked up shit including threats

I dont follow reg. sports but yeah ppl are prtty fanatical about it (tho i havent seen the equivalent for video games just yet), like the idea that arth should be accountable for the feelings of the legions of diehard c9 4 lyfe fans feels off to me lol

Ketch

I hope c9 is still the heel team after this though

it's not even that much investment though....

lots of people are invested enough to post a shitty one liner on reddit.

like "oh arthelon? yea fuck that guy" = total investment needed per person for "internet witch hunt".

brian!

it's not even that much investment though....

lots of people are invested enough to post a shitty one liner on reddit.

like "oh arthelon? yea fuck that guy" = total sum of my investment

Oh yeah i can get that, i prob just read "how can anyone not be dissapointed" too literally

Really enjoy all the lili stans crawling out of tge woodowork as she gets changed

Ketch

i think that's a legit question though... like given the details, how could anyone not be disappointed? like is anybody going: "no arthelon is on the top of his game!" ?

or at the very least, everyone should be able to understand why the disappointment is there.

Alur

Overwatch releasing in the evening on the 23rd now? Whatchu gonna do brother?

And yeah, I don't think it's being overly invested by noting that Arthelon gives every indication that he gave zero fucks. That part was obvious and he went out of his way to put that off every time he was doing anything public facing.

brian!

Im prob more dissapointed that ppl are jumping on him so hard but it's not like that's a weird thing to happen

In terms of his play i dont really see the difference between him now and him on tempo/bross so the arth = c9 downfall isnt there for me fully, but tbh even if it was it really isnt a big deal for me personally. Id love to hear more about it if it's palatable for the public cuz narrative/gossip is my shit wrt esports

brian!

I dunno if you want to join that fan club...it gets kind of weird

There was one time when erho and zuna popped off at glaurung for fun and they got eviscerated, which u kno considering the hots reddit makes sense, but there was also this unsettling contingent that was just like...look at fan...so calm...someone save him from these hooligans..., which was funny but also gave me a weird sensation down my back. Im into it tho, it's hilarious

Ketch

Im prob more dissapointed that ppl are jumping on him so hard but it's not like that's a weird thing to happen

In terms of his play i dont really see the difference between him now and him on tempo/bross so the arth = c9 downfall isnt there for me fully, but tbh even if it was it really isnt a big deal for me personally. Id love to hear more about it if it's palatable for the public cuz narrative/gossip is my shit wrt esports

really? He used to single handedly win games for tempo back in the day. Solo core back door outplay madtimmy's brightwing anybody?

I'm with you there, Arth is just insignificant to me though.

I dunno if you want to join that fan club...it gets kind of weird

There was one time when erho and zuna popped off at glaurung for fun and they got eviscerated, which u kno considering the hots reddit makes sense, but there was also this unsettling contingent that was just like...look at fan...so calm...someone save him from these hooligans..., which was funny but also gave me a weird sensation down my back. Im into it tho, it's hilarious

That actually rattled me but more because they looked like apes at the time and Fan and McIntyre looked completely out of place just happy they won wanting to compliment each other.

Can I be a fan of Fan though?

bgVrVWf.gif

really? He used to single handedly win games for tempo back in the day. Solo core back door outplay madtimmy's brightwing anybody?

failure to defend kinda, was hype though. IIRC BW stayed way too far back and wasted polymorph CD giving arth time to hit the core.

Alur

I still don't get this line of thinking.

How was anyone jumping on him hard? They just made a meme out of what he said. No one was like "that big tall goofy motherfucker" or "long haired piece of shit" or anything personal. It was simply people posting about his disdain for the game and the scene, and how it was the right thing for C9 to do both for themselves and for their fans who detested the dude. I didn't see anything that even approaches casual HOTS in-game vitriol, let alone anything for Zoia to qq about. He said worse about EU teams and players weekly on THH.

In terms of his play i dont really see the difference between him now and him on tempo/bross

I don't know that anyone blamed it on different play from him. I certainly didn't. It was blamed on him being unwilling to work to improve, however. I do remember you saying you thought Arthelon was the better and more diverse player compared to Fan and most of us disagreeing with you. I think we can put that argument to rest.

The only thing people kept bringing up about his play was how it hasn't lived up to the level of Fan's with the team. The synergy just never developed. When you trade away the dude who has won every major tournament for a dude who is a bit of a headcase, if shit goes south you're gonna catch some flack. They knew that going in and thought they could mitigate the downsides...they couldn't, and now they are facing a new roster right before the final qualifier and regional.

failure to defend kinda, was hype though. IIRC BW stayed way too far back and wasted polymorph CD giving arth time to hit the core.

Yep. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMnmT0aqg1I&list=PLK9UYEi1CrZyRvqHRDptHLEymcmtwG1Ma&index=5

Game starts at 32:27.

Madtimmy met him way out there and used poly too early, and he just blinked right past him and onto the core. Pretty much solidified the reason why Madtimmy was no longer a part of SMG/Tempo Storm too, lol.

brian!

I just mean ppl not letting something he flippantly said go, making him out to be the root of evil in c9, etc.

I dont think arth is better or worse than fan, but i do think him entering c9 opened up their hero pool

Alur

Why are people still going with a trade, isn't it common assumption by now that fan was unhappy with the team and left.

Dude you literally argue just to argue sometimes, lol.

However you want to put it, they swapped teams. For all intents and purposes C9 and Naventic traded players. They both knew where the player leaving was going. And clearly by Fan's comments and reaction from Heroes Rising, he felt he was replaced and wanted some vengeance and he got it in that particular tournament.

I just mean ppl not letting something he flippantly said go, making him out to be the root of evil in c9, etc.

I dont think arth is better or worse than fan, but i do think him entering c9 opened up their hero pool

Why should they let it go? It's basically a newly packaged version of something he's said repeatedly since the end of 2014. He doesn't respect the scene or the players, feels he's superior, and instead of being passive aggressive about it he came right out and said it once. It's hardly the thing that turned the community against him. That happened with the Tempo roster apocalypse and replacing Fan.

I still don't agree on hero pool either. We've seen Fan play ranged and melee and Abathur. We've seen Arthelon play ranged and melee and Abathur and Brightwing in that comp C9 keeps running and losing with. Arth doesn't play Illidan, so BW is a wash. At best he's even, but I honestly think his comfort pool is smaller whereas with Fan the only hero I hate seeing him on is Li-Ming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom