• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

I found out my matchmaking rank. It's not as bad as I thought.

I'm 2k in QM and 1.5k in HL.

So I don't absolutely suck. So does this mean I can justify that I don't suck, and others do? :p

Oh man. Lemme tell you. No matter your MMR its always your shitty teammates fault.

Altairre

My favorite thing playing as Tracer is when I'm up against a Zeratul and stick him with the bomb just before he blinks out. It's so satisfying to hear the sound when he dies offscreen. You ain't going nowhere.

Edit: I feel like the worst hero to go up against with Tracer is Kael. His living bomb fucks up your day real bad, it's like half your health. If you don't have a healer with you, you have to straight up retreat most of the time and in QM people are spreading that shit like candy. I try to wait until his stuff is on cooldown but it's difficult.

kael is just stupid, period. not sure why people want him to stay OP for his entire existence. dude gets nerfed to normality and people lost their shit.

ditto hate the stupid mofo probably because of my melee assassin bias.

Best tier list out there

Ci6C5EDWEAAZ0wQ.jpg

I feel and instant connection due to the bad handwriting.

Alur

Whose list is that?

And isn't Raynor better now with the executioner changes? I really don't know, but have heard the THH dudes and some others say that.

Alur

For any of you unhappy with your BattleTag but unable to change it because you had already done so: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/breaking/20124502

As we prepare for the launch of Overwatch next week, we have refreshed the free BattleTag update for all Battle.net accounts! We often see feedback with requests to update your BattleTag, and as we move into a new universe filled with soldiers, scientists, adventurers and oddities it’s important that you have a nickname that represents you!

kirblar

kael is just stupid, period. not sure why people want him to stay OP for his entire existence. dude gets nerfed to normality and people lost their shit.
His redesign is fantastic, but his numbers are completely fucked up right now (and he needs Flamethrower back to enable that playstyle again.)

Alur

I played a good bit of Xul for the first time yesterday after playing him a bunch when he was released and dropping him. That master skin sogood.gif. I can't tell much difference between his launch form and post nerf, to be honest, though I know his winrate went down. I guess that means they did a good job there.

Anyway, one observation about Xul I have made across my games with him both times is how strange he is as a character. Specifically, what a huge impact he can have in some teamfights and how brutally useless he can be in others. Sometimes I'll play against/with a Xul and they will murderize the enemy with Poison Nova. Other times it seems like the most ineffectual ult in existence...and he really doesn't have much going on beyond that and his root. Without the range on Q, it's just not a very good skill in a team fight. Cursed Strikes or whatever it's called is great for wave clear and for those times when an Illidan/Thrall/whoever gets on you, but most team fights you can't quite use it. The root though...Kreygasm. It secures kills for your team (or safety), and those times you get to combo it with your Q + W or Poison Nova are glorious.

Skeleton Mages has the higher winrate, but I've honestly never been quite sure what is good about them. When I use them they seem completely ineffectual, and when I face them they are just an annoyance that typically makes my team back away to safety instead of trap anyone in/secure a kill. I know I must be missing something, but I've yet to find them impressive in the least.

His play style is so damn weird, really. I dig it, but it's a strange kit with the mix of melee and range and the range of his abilities only kind of being in an in between spot of "safe" and "you're fucked". Milly recently got me playing Marvel Heroes a bit and he kind of reminds me of some of those heroes there who have a base ability that is range but then melee abilities in their tree, or vice versa.

/end Xul thoughts. He's fun, but different.

Altairre

Yeah kael amd zeratul seem to really fuk her up

A good Zeratul is hard to fight as well yeah. If you can see him when you're in lane then it's usually fine but lose track of him, especially in a teamfight, and his cleave/bomb combo is bad news bears. He can also chase relatively well with blink and vorpal blade. If you have your ult up it makes things a bit better because you can at least punish him somewhat. Nova can be problematic as well but you can usually get away from her and if she misses the snipe then she's dead.

For any of you unhappy with your BattleTag but unable to change it because you had already done so: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/breaking/20124502

oh wow thats awesome, thanks for the heads up.

my gf suggested i change my name to ANewBarack and playing Anub 24/7

ditto hate the stupid mofo probably because of my melee assassin bias.

Best tier list out there

I feel and instant connection due to the bad handwriting.

Yul OP

kirblar

Anyway, one observation about Xul I have made across my games with him both times is how strange he is as a character. Specifically, what a huge impact he can have in some teamfights and how brutally useless he can be in others. Sometimes I'll play against/with a Xul and they will murderize the enemy with Poison Nova. Other times it seems like the most ineffectual ult in existence...and he really doesn't have much going on beyond that and his root. Without the range on Q, it's just not a very good skill in a team fight. Cursed Strikes or whatever it's called is great for wave clear and for those times when an Illidan/Thrall/whoever gets on you, but most team fights you can't quite use it. The root though...Kreygasm. It secures kills for your team (or safety), and those times you get to combo it with your Q + W or Poison Nova are glorious.
On the Korean stream they've commented a lot about how Xul is really feast/famine w/ certain maps.

Alur

oh wow thats awesome, thanks for the heads up.

my gf suggested i change my name to ANewBarack and playing Anub 24/7

Haha. I hope to see someone use these namechanges to do MarkyPLZ or Nazeepo or Bootcher.

On the Korean stream they've commented a lot about how Xul is really feast/famine w/ certain maps.

That too. It just is kinda like playing Russian roulette with him teamfighting. You will win the team fight, or you will stand on the sidelines and should've just stayed pushing your lane it feels like. You never know which time you're gonna be the bullet or the empty chamber. He's very dependent on the behaviors/actions of others in the specific fight.

brian!

the write-up is pretty enjoyable to read, best part is he doesnt misread the stats and forward weird conclusions in his analysis

pretty sure Blizzard is regretting their statements about wanting Li-Ming to be a high skill cap hero. she is blatantly the easiest mage to play and its not even close. and as Ketch pointed out, she doesn't have a particular weakness (i.e. lack of mobility) despite them stating all the mages should have one.

kirblar

pretty sure Blizzard is regretting their statements about wanting Li-Ming to be a high skill cap hero. she is blatantly the easiest mage to play and its not even close. and as Ketch pointed out, she doesn't have a particular weakness (i.e. lack of mobility) despite them stating all the mages should have one.
Chromie is proving the problem with "high skill cap heroes" - when you're balancing around needing to have dummies able to play them in addition to the elite....

Chromie is proving the problem with "high skill cap heroes" - when you're balancing around needing to have dummies able to play them in addition to the elite....

yup i was just about to say, if anything Chromie is the one that they should refer to as the high skill cap mage. so funny they thought giving a mage a short CD blink would make a mage difficult :\

Alur

They could 1/4th her damage and she'd still be pretty good for plebs (though maybe not competitively, who knows).

Oh, that's awesome.

That means I did all that TL grinding for nothing. Ah well, got more gold and a better portrait out of it. And TL was pretty fun really I guess.

Maledict

I think it goes beyond having a high skill cap for Chromie. I actually just think she's bad. She's basically Nova, with all the problems that entails. Even if Kael and Li-Ming weren't strictly better, she wouldn't be played because her design is antiquated.

Her trait is garbage - it's the least impactful in the game. Expect for objective fights when both teams are level 9, it's basically not even a trait.

Her lack of damage on *anything* other than players is stupid - she contributes SO little outside of pure team fights. on some maps she's beyond garbage.

Plus she is the easiest character in the game to kill. Really not sure why she has lower health than the mage with a stun or the mage with a blink.

First character design in a long time where I felt like they totally missed the mark.

Maledict

Not really - she's just bad. TLV, Abathur, Illidan, Tracer - none of them are balanced around bad players using them. They have no issues making heroes just for high skill cap players. they've just failed to make a good hero with Chromie.

I love chromie so far and her W waveclear is pretty decent. Not for a mage but in general. The really frustrating part is her q not hurting murky's egg. It took longer for me to kill the egg than for murky to kill me.

Maledict

I think you can have heroes without waveclear (tracer is as bad after 7 on Chromie), but the inability to damage mercs and objectives is too crippling to be viable on a damage character.

yup i was just about to say, if anything Chromie is the one that they should refer to as the high skill cap mage. so funny they thought giving a mage a short CD blink would make a mage difficult :\

Not wanting to debate on Li Ming but i always thought that " a hero with a high skill cap" means the skill it takes to play the hero to its best potential.

So you can have a hero with a low skill floor to be decent with and a high skill cap to max its potential.

Again i don't say that it's the case with Li Ming, but for me high skill cap != difficult to play. But maybe i'm in the wrong.

On the other note as a warrior mainer i'm enjoying the new Arthas and Anub a lot.

I think you can have heroes without waveclear (tracer is as bad after 7 on Chromie), but the inability to damage mercs and objectives is too crippling to be viable on a damage character.

on boss I'd agree with you but for mercing she is perfectly capable imo. Unupgraded W hits 3 of 4 bruisers both siege giants and all Kazras. Even for boss you have 2 sentries at 20, plus a short CD ridiculously long range skillshot to reveal ambushes.

Not to mention that she can lane very safely and lane while capping points. I won't deny the figures and she has a ridiculous amount of counters but her kit is fun and she could easily become OP.

brian!

ppl kinda use the term to mean a variety of things, but in general illidan is an example of a hero w/ high skill cap (well more his previous iteration), and li ming and chromie are not, though they are heroes where you need to hit things in order to succeed so a certain lvl of skill is necessary to play em

zeratul too to an extent (big difference between good vp and bad for example)

im pretty sure blizzard just meant there's gonna be a bunch of skillshots plus outplay potential w/ teleport w/r/t li ming

Cerato

Neo Member
I've found skeleton mages to be quite effective against squishy back line heroes. So, you can use them to zone healers and nukers. Or, if you're just in a fight against squishy targets they'll put the odds more in your favor.

Celegus

Joined one of those Team League random groups. Thankfully they decided to play QM instead for some reason and spared me the pain of playing TL with them, and then reported me for being a noob.

YUrZg0z.jpg

Ok.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Just played the game again after not playing for a loooooong time...what have they done to my beloved Sylvanas?
Still a great game, thanks to overwatch my girlfriend tried it and liked it too, so we will play more hots in the next days.

Alur

What do you mean? She's still basically the same. Just has a better second ult and a little more burst. Still a very good hero.

Celegus

Sylvanas is great as long as you don't play like the one I just played with who was working on her patented Sylvanas Split Push With My Face And No Vision.™

I don't care what tier list she's on but god I love Hammer. For some reason I just do exceptionally well with her, I dunno maybe it's positioning and that I know when to get out of siege mode and pull back.

But she's so damn fun, BFG is amazing to snipe heroes across the map. She has a good escape skill as well as concussive blast which can also be used to escape. I can see why she's so low considering siege mode makes her vulnerable to flamestrike and blizzard. Still, such a fun character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom