• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milly79

Fan > Arth. All day, every day. Better pool, better player. Period. Anyone that disagrees is just wrong. Look at what Fan has done, and continues to do with Naventic. Arth literally did nothing for C9. Arguably he did nothing for TS either. Sure, they were dominant, but they didn't win BC and last year didn't have these "seasons".

brian!

I feel like in this game more than other mobas players kind of go up and down per patch/meta. I dunno if it's a discipline thing. When dunk said yesterday that part of the reason they picked up cattle was that they felt like the meta was about to trend towards dbl warrior i was just like huh...so it's like that. I like what nvt does more though w/ most of the team being flexible. You could argue that a good player adjusts per patch though, i dunno personally how feasible it is for these na players and what that entails besides boatloadz of practice

Anyway yeah it's weird to compare players in a vacuum, i think ive heard discussion about this before (anyone remember blackscorp or whatever his name was). Results-wise fan -> nvt vs. arth -> c9 has ended in nvt's favor for sure, though early into it c9 was still winning out, but again a lot of things looked different then including comps and tightness of play.

Tbh ive grown a lil suspicious of the k1stad explanation being just "well falstad is what is good to draft here so k1 plays it, he doesnt really want to tho", but i dont really have any good reason to be suspicious

Alur

Tbh ive grown a lil suspicious of the k1stad explanation being just "well falstad is what is good to draft here so k1 plays it, he doesnt really want to tho", but i dont really have any good reason to be suspicious

You mean suspicious of his hero pool? He only plays like 3 or 4. Kind of amazing really. Dunno how it hasn't expanded in all this time. He's been on C9 for like a year almost.

Altairre

So how many games do I have to play until I get matched with players who are at least account lvl 40? When I play with a group it's fine obviously but whenever I play QM I get matched up with people who are in the account lvl 20-30 range, sometimes even lower, which means you either stomp or you're getting stomped most of the time. Because nobody EVER waits for the team to respawn. They just go in 1v5 or 2v5 until the end of the game.

Alur

So how many games do I have to play until I get matched with players who are at least account lvl 40? When I play with a group it's fine obviously but whenever I play QM I get matched up with people who are in the account lvl 20-30 range, sometimes even lower, which means you either stomp or you're getting stomped most of the time. Because nobody EVER waits for the team to respawn. They just go in 1v5 or 2v5 until the end of the game.

What account level are you? There is a games played factor in the matchmaking, though it levels off at like 100 or 200 games IIRC from a Browder tweet.

If your MMR is low, you're going to see that forever though. That's just how they play and if you get stuck there you're just kinda along for the ride. If you are account level 40 and have decent MMR, I dunno what to tell you. Haven't saw anyone really have this issue.

Altairre

What account level are you? There is a games played factor in the matchmaking, though it levels off at like 100 or 200 games IIRC from a Browder tweet.

If your MMR is low, you're going to see that forever though. That's just how they play and if you get stuck there you're just kinda along for the ride. If you are account level 40 and have decent MMR, I dunno what to tell you. Haven't saw anyone really have this issue.

I'm account level 40. My winrate is actually not too bad, went on a 12 game winning streak with Tracer too recently (playing with a friend in some of them). It's frustrating and how are you supposed to get out of there? The only thing I can do is try to ping and use chat but nobody listens and nobody types. I guess I just have to group up but that always takes some time.

Alur

What is your MMR on HOTSlogs though? Once you know which bracket you're playing in, that can explain a lot of it.

People not listening can be universal. You said they aren't typing, so at least they aren't flaming. If they aren't following your pings, you should just go with them. If they run into a fight 4v5 without you you're gonna lose anyway.

brian!

You mean suspicious of his hero pool? He only plays like 3 or 4. Kind of amazing really. Dunno how it hasn't expanded in all this time. He's been on C9 for like a year almost.

Yeah, like i usually accept the whole he's playing falstad because of the draft thing and that's a reasonable explanation, i just feel like there's something off. In general i have a hard time believing pro players have small hero pools, even tho drake's pool is bigger than kanye's

Dr. Buni

Man these single digit rank HL games are so good. They've rarely been a stomp in either direction, and good teamwork for the most part. So much more fun this way.

Just did an AA Falstad build with nexus frenzy, new seasoned marksman, and stim drone against a double tank comp. Deeeeelicous. Beat our KT in hero damage by 80k.
I'd love to experience that, I really do. High rank Splatoon was so intense and fun... but all the hero pick bitching in HotS pushes me away from playing HL. Sadly with the unranked draft mode coming, which will likely make QM queue times be 10x longer, I will have to deal with the bitching anyways.

Celegus

I'd love to experience that, I really do. High rank Splatoon was so intense and fun... but all the hero pick bitching in HotS pushes me away from playing HL. Sadly with the unranked draft mode coming, which will likely make QM queue times be 10x longer, I will have to deal with the bitching anyways.

Other than something like Nova, I hardly ever see anyone moaning about picks anymore. It usually boils down to "well as long as you're good with so-and-so". And honestly, there's ways of making almost any hero work out just fine as long as you play smart (and make an attempt of creating a viable comp instead of just picking your favorite everytime no matter what).

brian!

I don't play hl, but in terms of like meta picks only kael really seems to exists as must pick/ban right? but yeah ppl giving up before the game even starts is super wack

Maledict

I don't play hl, but in terms of like meta picks only kael really seems to exists as must pick/ban right? but yeah ppl giving up before the game even starts is super wack

I'd say him and Illidan. But even then, both routinely get through the first round of bans.

People first banning Tracer and Li-Ming infuriates me - they are not worth first bans!

Altairre

What is your MMR on HOTSlogs though? Once you know which bracket you're playing in, that can explain a lot of it.

People not listening can be universal. You said they aren't typing, so at least they aren't flaming. If they aren't following your pings, you should just go with them. If they run into a fight 4v5 without you you're gonna lose anyway.

Hmm, that's weird I looked up my profile but there are a ton of games missing. For example it says I have only 11 games played with Tracer which is not true at all. It says 1852 MMR but that's probably just for the games it lists there? I dunno. Anyway, there are enough people flaming too, they obviously don't listen either. I know that it's best to go with the team and I do but when we're outnumbered it just doesn't work out. I either die with them or barely make it out myself. Just had a pretty good game where we worked together fairly well, it's just so rare. I feel like I know more about the game than most people I play with because I watch so much hots stuff. Like when you're pushing a fort wiht two people and the enemy team isn't showing on the map you should proabably get the fuck out of there. Stuff like that. I guess that's just how it goes in MOBAs, I'll try to group up as much as possible.

Ketch

wait

dont pay more then 10k gold for a third string mage

better to save your real money for medivh. at least he'll be unique

brian!

I feel like she's pretty good, if your thing is sitting far away and dropping spells she might be up your alley
tho yeah I prob wouldnt recommend buying heroes for 15k

Maledict

I feel like she's pretty good, if your thing is sitting far away and dropping spells she might be up your alley
tho yeah I prob wouldnt recommend buying heroes for 15k

If sitting back, flinging spells and losing games is your thing that should say.

Chromie is the worse hero on release I can remember in terms of win rates. Even Lunara wasn't this low. I think her design is good and she's the proper high skill ceiling they were aiming for with Li-Ming (and failed to achieve), but right now there's clearly something not right with her for a win rate that low.

I even like playing her, but Christ - 30% win rate is *really* bad.

wait

dont pay more then 10k gold for a third string mage

better to save your real money for medivh. at least he'll be unique

Oh, I meant buy with money or wait till 10k. I'm not confident enough in my abilities to buy her blindly.

Jojo is so much fun atm but tracer is the bane of my existence. She's such a pain to deal with for tanks and even if she doesn't do tons of damage it adds up.

Alur

Hmm, that's weird I looked up my profile but there are a ton of games missing. For example it says I have only 11 games played with Tracer which is not true at all. It says 1852 MMR but that's probably just for the games it lists there? I dunno.

How many of your total games are up there? If it's over 100, odds are it's decently accurate. If it's over 200, then you are what they thought you were as the meme goes. You can always upload them all so you'll know for sure.

Based on what you're saying though, it does sound like you are playing in that bracket and I agree it does suck majorly. Takes some hardcore perseverance to pull out of it and get to the brackets where the toxicity is less.

If sitting back, flinging spells and losing games is your thing that should say.

Amen. I love playing her. But yeah, dat winrate. I dunno if the siege damage is that big a deal, or if it's simply the fact that (for me anyway) the Quick Match environment is littered with her encounters regularly - Nova, Illidan, Zeratul, even ran into a Kerrigan lol.

I definitely feel like the windups could use some trimming, and I like the idea I saw suggesting the Q do 25% damage or some number as it passes through the mobs just to give her SOMETHING.

The THH guys think her stasis should be a real stun, or at least cancellable. Right now it definitely prevents damage to enemies who happen upon it as often as it saves your team IMO.

brian!

Chromie is the worse hero on release I can remember in terms of win rates. Even Lunara wasn't this low. I think her design is good and she's the proper high skill ceiling they were aiming for with Li-Ming (and failed to achieve), but right now there's clearly something not right with her for a win rate that low.

yeah I do think ppl are adjusting to her too, it's prob kind of easy to win against her, but man after playing against a good chromie it's really hard not to think of her as strong

If Chromie's winrate is that low they are going to buff the shit out of her and then you people are going to fucking loathe her. She can already delete a lot of heroes IF she can land her combo. If they up the size of the projectile and AoE as well as add siege damage to her base kit, she's going to be almost as bad as Li-Ming. Personally, I can't wait. I enjoy the hero as she is.

kirblar

If Chromie's winrate is that low they are going to buff the shit out of her and then you people are going to fucking loathe her. She can already delete a lot of heroes IF she can land her combo. If they up the size of the projectile and AoE as well as add siege damage to her base kit, she's going to be almost as bad as Li-Ming. Personally, I can't wait. I enjoy the hero as she is.
It's the siege damage. In this game, no waveclear is such a gigantic liability, and Chromie is just useless on a number of maps (unlike K/J/LM)

Altairre

How many of your total games are up there? If it's over 100, odds are it's decently accurate. If it's over 200, then you are what they thought you were as the meme goes. You can always upload them all so you'll know for sure.

Based on what you're saying though, it does sound like you are playing in that bracket and I agree it does suck majorly. Takes some hardcore perseverance to pull out of it and get to the brackets where the toxicity is less.

Barely over 50 games. As I said I'll try to group up as much as possible and otherwise I'll just bang my head against it.

Alur

b3DxedG.jpg

Solo queue QM late at night, this is the kind of comp you get.

Aba + Nova + Xul + Li-Ming + Chromie vs Illidan + Greymane and does any of the rest of the enemy team matter

Ketch

Aba + Nova + Xul + Li-Ming + Chromie vs Illidan + Greymane and does any of the rest of the enemy team matter

well i just played a gathering power nazeebo and went like 20/0

so it swings both ways?

Maledict

Yeah, that's thanks to the Abathur and Nova queuing together to get around the 'you can't get two non wave clear heroes'.

Roll on unranked draft - I think that will be so good for the game.

Maledict

He's not the same as her. Much more tanks (especially talented for it), great at securing kills with swap against certain team comps, and a fantastic counter against heavy AA teams

He doesn't have the damage Sonya has - you can't rush him into a back line and expect him to take people down. But at level 20 he's practically unkillable even 2 on 1. Don't pick them for the same spot though - if you have Artanis you want another bruiser to go with him, not a proper tank like you would draft with Sonya.

I don't get Artanis. He just seems like a bad Sonya.

Going to echo the sentiment that in late game with the right talents Artanis feels unkillable. If you do not have hard CC he has the ability to just keep proccing his shield and it is ridiculous (in a good way).

I'm loving how Anub'Arak feels right now. I originally rode that Anub'Arak train to rank 8-9 when he was considered really good nearly a year ago (about the time they fixed the beetles and the beetle build was really prominent).

I agree that Chromie's Q windup could stand to be a little bit shorter, but I don't know if I want W to change too much given how much power is in it. Honestly if they make the windups a lot shorter for either Q or W then power has to be taken off because those spells hurt so god damn much if you're not a tank.

The matchmaker needs to differentiate by melee and ranged assassin

not that it matters with unranked incoming but Illidan was an unfair advantage especially with 2 supports backing him up.

Chromie is awesome though, managed to even complete the quest this time right around the time we finished the core. Surprised her waveclear becomes pretty decent post 12. Temporal Loop is silly against no cleanse.

Pretty much but it was also a showcase to me that messing with her kit more than numbers might actually be over the top. The Q with the range upgrade can be shot blindly from a spot you're more than safe enough and to barely a detriment if it doesn't hit. With the 20 upgrade she has 2 sentries effectively 1 of which dealing serious damage.

Her flanks could come from anywhere.

Duress

I found out my matchmaking rank. It's not as bad as I thought.

I'm 2k in QM and 1.5k in HL.

So I don't absolutely suck. So does this mean I can justify that I don't suck, and others do? :p

Altairre

I found out my matchmaking rank. It's not as bad as I thought.

I'm 2k in QM and 1.5k in HL.

So I don't absolutely suck. So does this mean I can justify that I don't suck, and others do? :p

That's always the case though. Never admit your faults. It's the only way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom