• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zackat

yeah, li ming either. I guess if you wanna count the Blizzcon sizzle trailer for Lunara/Greymane/Cho that was the last one before these. Then the Morales one was just okay too.

These last two have been fantastic. The Medivh one should be really cool.

Lombax

Banned
Its with a great swell of sadness that I realize there is no way I am going to get out of the mid-30's. Even with me keeping a level head, trying to stay positive during the bleakest of matches. The "teams" are so fragile / toxic, and the enjoyable groups are few and far between.

I can't go back to QM so I'll stick with it, but man its infuriating.

scale.php

Oscar

Do yall know if the end o season rewards are like Hearthstone, as in they'll go by the best rank you got (not the one you end the season with)?

I hit rank 2 in HL last summer, but I'm at rank 19 right now lol.

Ketch

Do yall know if the end o season rewards are like Hearthstone, as in they'll go by the best rank you got (not the one you end the season with)?

I hit rank 2 in HL last summer, but I'm at rank 19 right now lol.

Yea they said it's based on highest rank achieved.

Celegus

Man these single digit rank HL games are so good. They've rarely been a stomp in either direction, and good teamwork for the most part. So much more fun this way.

Just did an AA Falstad build with nexus frenzy, new seasoned marksman, and stim drone against a double tank comp. Deeeeelicous. Beat our KT in hero damage by 80k.

yeah, li ming either. I guess if you wanna count the Blizzcon sizzle trailer for Lunara/Greymane/Cho that was the last one before these. Then the Morales one was just okay too.

These last two have been fantastic. The Medivh one should be really cool.

How many new heroes have had theme specific intros when starting up HoTs? The Tracer one was nice but the chromie one is pretty slick.

Alur

How many new heroes have had theme specific intros when starting up HoTs? The Tracer one was nice but the chromie one is pretty slick.

They have been doing it for some time. Trying to think of the last one who didn't have music + Easter egg + the screen. And the splash screen has been new hero specific since late Alpha/early Beta.

Ken

I started downloading this game for the first time! How do team comps go in noob games/what roles should I expect to be stuck with the most starting out?

Maledict

It's also that to get the most use out of him you need to be able to stand still and shoot, which isn't common at the higher tiers. Korea uses him in very particular comps and set ups where that weakness isn't an issue - in general he's not very good on his own in a standard comp.

By removing a lot of the power from his Overdrive until later levels, it does lock him into a certain play style which can be hard to pull off.

Lombax

Banned
I started downloading this game for the first time! How do team comps go in noob games/what roles should I expect to be stuck with the most starting out?

In Quick Match [thats where you will start] the team comps are totally random unless you group up with friends. So if you are solo queuing then just start with the Hero you like the most and go from there.

If you get into the game I'd start working towards meeting the requirements for hero league. At least in ranked play you will not have any mirror matches, and more often than not the games are a better test of your skill.

Ketch

They have been doing it for some time. Trying to think of the last one who didn't have music + Easter egg + the screen. And the splash screen has been new hero specific since late Alpha/early Beta.

as long as I remember so at least since before Sylvanas

If I remember right the first one came with the Diablo event.... Which would have been butcher? Or Johanna? I don't remember johannas. Before that was sylvanas, tlv, thrall and Jaina. I don't remember splash screens for them either. I think they had the heroes on the front screen but default background.

I think butcher was the first splash screen for the Diablo event.

HOLY SHIT ITS HAPPENING

CATTLEPILLAR TO C9 byebye ARTH!

Damn seriously? C9 are like home breakers. Sucks for cog.

Milly79

Never change, Ketch.

I haven't played but one game on her, but the windup and the small radius on W is what kills her I think. She's really skill intensive, which is great, but no way she doesn't get touched at a winrate that low.

kirblar

Never change, Ketch.

I haven't played but one game on her, but the windup and the small radius on W is what kills her I think. She's really skill intensive, which is great, but no way she doesn't get touched at a winrate that low.
Agreed. She's a bad Nova/Jaina hybrid right now.

Alur

From Faye last night on stream via the Score:

"Well the TL;DR is that Cattle is going to C9," Faye said on her stream. "It's not like public yet, but it's not exactly private information. Unsurprisingly, he will be replacing Arthelon on C9. Which I think everyone kind of suspected, that Arthelon would eventually get kicked off of C9. But it was a little unexpected about who they kicked him for."

Apparently the pro players felt about Arthelon's status like we did lol.

Finally.

Who was CP with?

Cognitive. Glaurung keeps losing.

Damn seriously? C9 are like home breakers. Sucks for cog.

LOL, that they are. But they needed to do something and it's not like Cog was gonna do anything.

Alur

Agreed. She's a bad Nova/Jaina hybrid right now.

I think her (relative) safety makes her much more viable than Nova or Jaina. Once she gets the 12 talent she can hang way back and it takes an Illidan or the like (or her doing something stupid) to get at her with anything but range.

I don't think she's bad at all. I actually think she's in a pretty good spot. If she remains that low, perhaps they'll change something but I don't think she needs more damage. She does plenty. She just needs a little more responsiveness in her skills if anything, but with her it's a fine line between hitting all of them and only some. If she's hitting everything, you're shrekt.

Celegus

Johanna definitely had a splash screen, I started playing the day she came out. Was sad to see her go, still probably my favorite designed hero. Sucks that her other skins all suck, but the basic is aces in all 3 colors.

kirblar

I think her (relative) safety makes her much more viable than Nova or Jaina. Once she gets the 12 talent she can hang way back and it takes an Illidan or the like (or her doing something stupid) to get at her with anything but range.

I don't think she's bad at all. I actually think she's in a pretty good spot. If she remains that low, perhaps they'll change something but I don't think she needs more damage. She does plenty. She just needs a little more responsiveness in her skills if anything, but with her it's a fine line between hitting all of them and only some. If she's hitting everything, you're shrekt.
She has 0 siege damage. It's an issue.

Jaina is still plenty viable, she just gets overshadowed by the OpieOP stuff right now.

Maledict

Chromie is a fifth slot hero. You pick her after you have a solid team that can function on its own. She does not replace your normal mage, and I think that's the issue people are having with her.

Ketch

Johanna definitely had a splash screen, I started playing the day she came out. Was sad to see her go, still probably my favorite designed hero. Sucks that her other skins all suck, but the basic is aces in all 3 colors.

But did she have a background though? Or just the hero on the default background?

Because I don't remember what it was.... And I'm pretty sure the Diablo event was the first time they did a big background change, because I remember everybody being like "ohh look new Diablo expansion for hots check out the home screen".

But it's hard to remember that far back.

I think cog still had lots of potential. They were the third best team in na, better then tempo and even recent c9 showings.... Cattle and Faye were their best players.

Isaccard

These videos and this one are how I got started and go over basic info and some general advice to get you started, once you get a feel for what s going etc, icyveins.com has some build guides and more in depth guide to each hero, etc etc. Good luck, its incredibly fun, and the salt in game is absolutely amazing; General Chat is it's own form of entertainment

If nothing else, do the tutorial and use this

Pooya

what's bad is that you don't get to choose which intro background and main menu music to see. I like the Tracer one a lot and chromie is good too but when it goes away, they are gone forever. In SCII you can choose one in the options or get a random one but here since they are essentially ads, I guess they want you to see the latest one and only that. Lame!

either i can't figure out Anub's new builds or the changes really didn't do much.

i thought the new "Beetle, Juiced" would be useful (every 3rd attack on a hero, spawn a beetle) but no one seems to stay close enough for him to get off that many attacks to make it worth it. i can get through 1 or 2 before its decided that i'm either running away or chasing.

i feel like each level has either 2 or 3 talents i cant choose between or none of them seem appropriate for the situation.

brian!

either i can't figure out Anub's new builds or the changes really didn't do much.

i thought the new "Beetle, Juiced" would be useful (every 3rd attack on a hero, spawn a beetle) but no one seems to stay close enough for him to get off that many attacks to make it worth it. i can get through 1 or 2 before its decided that i'm either running away or chasing.

i feel like each level has either 2 or 3 talents i cant choose between or none of them seem appropriate for the situation.

Try:
Dampen
Underking
Chit
W/e
Utric
Epi
W/e

Beetles are still weak as ever, only talent worth taking is at 4 but underking suits him better now

Try:
Dampen
Underking
Chit
W/e
Utric
Epi
W/e

Beetles are still weak as ever, only talent worth taking is at 4 but underking suits him better now

yeah beetles for sure seem like garbage.

i think that is the build i went, i took locust at 10 then Hardened Shield at 20. i only got to play two matches but it just felt like hes better at getting in and out (wasn't a huge problem before) but after Impale, he sort of just runs around auto-attacking. i guess thats where the W talents come in but i had a hard time taking advantage of the CD reduction if people weren't attacking me with abilities specifically.

So what are the build to try on new Arthas ?

I did :

Eternal Hunger
Biting Cold
Icebound
Sindragosa
Frigid
Remorseless Winter
Anti magic shell

Felt good but need to do more tests.

brian!

Yeah if chito isnt working out for you there are other talents that are nice at that tier, it just has good synergy w/ utri

but if i go something like the 30% move speed talent at 7, does that mean Burning Rage becomes better than Urti at 13? they look like they fill the same role except Burning Rage would be better for wave clear.

brian!

It used to be that you could get both utri and burning for waveclear, just burning isnt great for it (but if you need to be clearing zag creep or revealing invis?) <- actually in general utricate is better for both of those, and the bursty nature works more for him since it's rare that he can stick to heroes and get good value off of burning

Anub has a good amount of wiggle room and is pretty much new now so just see what works for you, just keep in mind that his proposed thing atm is "anti-mage"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom