• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

ehehehe

He's fucking amazing at Illidan. Almost like the old days when he was (literally) unstoppable. So good with his engages and disengages when he's on him. Like when I heal him I know the HAM meter is set to 11, so I adjust to make sure I stay in accordingly. So long as you know what the Illidan is going to do most likely it makes supporting him much easier.

Alavard

So with no ministuns on Muradin, but more HP and a shorter cooldown on Avatar...is he gonna maintain or lose his spot? I vacillate both ways on it. The microstuns are useful for heroes that are evasive (like Kharazim, for example), but I'm not sure that it's a make or break level of usefulness. I definitely will miss them though. I ask because we started playing in HL and I've played only Muradin and it has been awesome for the w/r. He is/was legit OpieOP.

Aren't you back in the next few weeks?

I think Muradin will still see plenty of play at the top. There's still a very small pool of very tanky warriors, after all, and he's a great hero for many reasons, not just his mini-stuns.

Alur

Yeah the regen/sustain/escape quotient is just ridiculous, and having a two person stun after level 7 on a 10 second cooldown is pretty OP. That's a big part of why we were winning with him.

Does anyone know what the deal is with Wiz and Stellar Lotus? Like he's a really good player, but I haven't seen SL in a tournament in a while (could be mistaken), and he's still not here in the US right?

Also, doesn't he immediately get dibs on Li-Ming?

patchday

Aw man I'm tilting; lost 4 HL matches straight up. rank plummeted

Cant get into QM for nothing this morning it seemed like. Think I waited 400s to play sylvannas too

Really, really wish QM times were faster. surely my mmr isnt that high cause according to hotslog its not that high. So I should get fast QMs.

Alright off to work, holla!

brian!

I dont believe sl has a full roster yet

Also the illidan buff is not as meaningless as it seems at first glance, its prtty hefty at later levels
actually im also awful at math ill test it out when i get home

Lunara seems like shes way better too now

Panthers

After a couple of games I am really starting to love the Mage. Pulling people in with the orb and then hitting them with all 3 missiles is so satisfying.

Alur

Hot take: I think the last Lunara buff did more good than I expected. She has made an impact in the games I've played with/against her.

This on the PTR is another good improvement. Would love to see her become semi-viable for competitive because she's so different visually.

As for Li-Ming...the outplay potential is so good. They weren't kidding on her being harder to play than Jaina or KT, but it doesn't seem frustratingly so (except for early on in laning when you attempt to hit the enemy but can't hit anyone for shit because of a random minion/Zag spawn/Azmo spawn).

Very glad to see the nova changes, she was by far the least fun hero to play against. No one should be able to take a hero from full to zero in one combo.

brian!

A little worried that a lot of these changes will make it to live unscathed, i really hope blizz uses ptr this time for balance analysis rather than just bug testing

If not i still welcome our rehgar/tass + things like johanna or illidan comp overlords

Alur

IIRC they've said they probably won't ever adjust stuff that comes to PTR. It's pretty much the finished product for live, just there to catch bugs. But with the new, quicker balance schedule we should see whatever is out of whack get brought back in line quickly. Should.

IIRC they've said they probably won't ever adjust stuff that comes to PTR. It's pretty much the finished product for live, just there to catch bugs. But with the new, quicker balance schedule we should see whatever is out of whack get brought back in line quickly. Should.

Such optimisim.

Abathur godly symbiote build is back?

Holy fuck at those structure buffs.

Also, can't wait to try new Rehgar now that I'm sick of Uther and back on the Rehgar train

Alur

Not sure I understand the Hinterlands Blast change in the short term.

It had already fallen out of favor, and now for a slight increase in damage per level it has a 30 second longer cooldown...eh?

Maledict

It had already fallen out of favor, and now for a slight increase in damage per level it has a 30 second longer cooldown...eh?

Yep, makes no sense at all. It's never, ever going to be picked with a 2 minute cooldown. I don't understand why it has that either - its hardly the most amazing ability

kirblar

It just straight up needed a damage buff. CD increase is insane - they gave it to the wrong ult.

Lunar festival next week. Confirms big patch Tuesday.

Alur

I suppose. That sucks total shit though. I give zero fucks about the event and I assume most others do too, ultimately, when compared to the hero. Put out the hero after a week like you have all the rest who were on PTR, then do the event. Then again, event coupled with the patch is worth it I guess, even if it's sans Li-Ming.

kirblar

I suppose. That sucks total shit though. I give zero fucks about the event and I assume most others do too, ultimately, when compared to the hero. Put out the hero after a week like you have all the rest who were on PTR, then do the event. Then again, event coupled with the patch is worth it I guess, even if it's sans Li-Ming.
It's a $ thing.

Space BUNDURU
Lunar BUNDURU
and then Li-Ming BUNDURU

Can't drop 2 on the same week.

Alur

This is true as well.

To quote Randy Moss, straight cash homie.

I do wonder how much releasing three 20+ dollar bundles back-to-back-to-back (and not long after a 4th in Greymane) will hurt the total intake versus the ones released separately.

Milly79

I do wonder how much releasing three 20+ dollar bundles back-to-back-to-back (and not long after a 4th in Greymane) will hurt the total intake versus the ones released separately.

Don't see how it would? Money is money. People could space out their purchases as well, which would be the same as releasing them on other weeks. People are gonna buy what they want regardless of when it's released.

Alur

Don't see how?

People aren't made of money breh. Just because you or I might throw money at it whether we need it or should (and there is certainly a subset of us), there are plenty other who can't afford or just are unwilling to pay that much for digital goods that often.

That's basically an $80+ game they are asking people to pay for in what will amount to two months time. I don't see any way that the bundles don't cannibalize each other even for people like us.

EDIT: To be clear, they will make bank. Just think they'd have made more if it were better spaced.

kirblar

Don't see how?

People aren't made of money breh. Just because you or I might throw money at it whether we need it or should (and there is certainly a subset of us), there are plenty other who can't afford or just are unwilling to pay that much for digital goods that often.

That's basically an $80+ game they are asking people to pay for in what will amount to two months time. I don't see any way that the bundles don't cannibalize each other even for people like us.
It's tax season. Not an accident that they're bunduru-overloading right now. MTG singles spike this time of year because of it.

Alur

Don't think tax season is gonna make up for what a little breathing room would've done as well. Perhaps on the back end, but most won't get their money until mid February or early March. Maybe that saves them on the back two bundles, but it still cost them on the first two IMO.

More than the money, though, there has to be a little concern over buyer fatigue. You are asking a whole lot out of your playerbase and as you just said, it's blatant.

Milly79

Agree to disagree. I've seen quite a few people bitching on GAF that their broke and then get outed that they've bought X, Y and Z not essential to their lives. People are gonna spend regardless. Smart or dumb, they'll do it.

Agree to disagree. I've seen quite a few people bitching on GAF that their broke and then get outed that they've bought X, Y and Z not essential to their lives. People are gonna spend regardless. Smart or dumb, they'll do it.

I worked for a bank for 8 years, and this is dead on.

sobaka770

Banned
Blizzard really stepped up their game with patch frequency and all those events.

I'm one of those bastards who spend way too much money on this game. Space Leoric damn you!

Celegus

Nah, it's only fatigue if you're paying money in the first place.

If you're just golding it up, nothing's changed.

Yep, I still have no intentions ever buying anything. I mean I love the game and all, but cosmetics just don't do it for me. I do selfishly like that other people foot the bill for me and let me play awesome games for free though!

patchday

finally back from work.

Yeah I already bought Li-Ming (on PTR) and Space Leoric. Gonna save up my gold to get the next character though. And I purchased Greymane with 15k gold and didnt even play him much yet

I got nothing else to spend my gold on but heroes. I'm too lazy to get a hero to L10. I only got Tyrande to 9.

Maybe I would be a much better player if I took some dudes to 10? I noticed a lot of streamers I watch have a lot of heroes at 10.

Oh man I'm so on tilt right now after losing a Towers of Doom game we made a comeback on got the cores 4-4 3 of them down and boss up in 20 sec. For some reason instead of taking the boss 4 members of our team just go and chase Leoric until the enemy team respawns kills us takes the boss and ends T_T.

ToD is my worst map as is and we really shouldn't have lost that match.

Alur

Seconded. Loved Diablo 2 the most and I necromancer'd all day as an angsty teenager listening to Audioslave's leaked demo MP3's of Shadow on the Sun and Cochise waiting on them to release their first album. It was like the perfect dark, broody ass music for that shit.

How was THH last night?

brian!

I watched it for 5 min and it was basically cauthon gushing about illidan while his eyebrows went out of control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom