• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

Just checked over on their website- they have 20+ job openings right now on the Heroes team.

It's a manpower issue.

I wonder if it's manpower in that they didn't properly allocate the incoming Starcraft 2 resources that they said they were going to, or manpower in the fact that even with that additional group the playerbase demand is still far greater than they can accomodate?

1up

8 losses in a row. Two in Hero league with a bot immediately after getting in and 1 where a Slyvanas was never at a objective. This game sucks.

Alavard

8 losses in a row. Two in Hero league with a bot immediately after getting in and 1 where a Slyvanas was never at a objective. This game sucks.

That was me last week. Ended up with 12 losses in a row before getting back to my usual 50/50 or so pattern. Keep at it and the streak will end.

So basically it seems Rehgar's base healing has been increased so much that there's little point picking up any heal talent except Tidal Waves or the heal over time one at 13 or 16, whatever it is. Basically buffing totem is crazy good, and both his Ults are viable depending on your team comp. Either Cleanse or the cooldown with Ghost Wolf attacks are good. It's weird, but fun. I tried buffing nothing but lightning shield but didn't find I cared for that much. Probably works great if you're not the only healer.

Maledict

So basically it seems Rehgar's base healing has been increased so much that there's little point picking up any heal talent except Tidal Waves or the heal over time one at 13 or 16, whatever it is. Basically buffing totem is crazy good, and both his Ults are viable depending on your team comp. Either Cleanse or the cooldown with Ghost Wolf attacks are good. It's weird, but fun. I tried buffing nothing but lightning shield but didn't find I cared for that much. Probably works great if you're not the only healer.

There actually aren't any healing talents for him to take except at level 13 - which only has healing talents. So no matter your build you will be picking one healing talent, plus your choice of ultimate. It's great design as it forces him into a frontline, doggy attack role rather than a backline chain healer.

I also think the pure lightning shield build works fine, because none of your other talents are improving your healing either. Mana efficiency through a cheaper heal is the same as mana efficiency throug a cheaper shield, and the choice of healing talents at 13 is more about what extra tool you want more than anything else.

I am absolutely confident that a pure lightning shield Rehghar will not only be a completely viable solo healer, but he'll be one of the top healers in the game should this go live.

Well, I meant going with the chain heal mana reduction or healing totem, basically.

Feral heart is hard to give up, but I found mana isn't really that much of an issue if you pick the mana reduction on shield. My only question is whether it makes sense to pick up the 15% shield talent if you've got the mana reduction talent or not, since Tidal Waves is so nice at the level you get it at.

My gut feeling is that there's no point picking his self heal on ghost wolf vs how incredibly powerful the slow buff on totem is, but that's the same level you get the lightning shield dmg buff right?

His talents are basically an embarrassment of riches now.

Alur

That's funny I was about to post on him this morning as well. The Lightning Shield builds are straight up insane from the couple of games I've played.

Haven't made up my mind Shield cost reduction versus Feral Heart, but feel like I'll go with Feral Heart unless I'm going all in on shields or shields are proven to be the best.

While the level 7 talents are pretty fun, I think you're still pretty much going to be stuck with Cleanse or Farsight as the weapon of choice at that level due to the proliferation of stealth in QM and stuns in HL.

At 13 I'm still undecided. Tidal Waves is always good, and if you're going shields you want the shield on shield action. The bonus heal to injured allies seems nice but I didn't notice a huge impact when using it over the other two talents.

Rising Storm is OP if you have a dedicated melee tank or assassin. Just straight ridiculous and fun. Earthbind Totem has always been p good but overshadowed by the reliance on Chain Heal talents, but now you could conceivably go a totem build though I can't foresee taking the most important talent to make Earthbind work best - Totemic Projection at 7 - very often due to your requirements as a support.

His rework is fucking OP in general. As Town Hall Heroes folks said, just giving him Feral Lunge baseline made him much stronger. The rest of this is just gravy on top. He will likely get nerfed but as someone who has two level 10+ Rehgar's and does pretty well with him...bring on that month of madness. I'll wear him out til they crush him again.

brian!

Build ive been doing:

Radius
Shield duration
Wolf bite cdr
Heal
Shield if good warriors, sometimes if there isnt one too, or tidal
Rising sdorm
Rewind

Radius/duration lets you do tass/tychus style drop your shit on a wave and go to another lane, and duration w/ cdr wolf lets you get the rising sdorm 4ever thing

brian!

I really have a hard time taking blust on him just like i have a problem taking sa or not taking wormhole on zera, it doesnt work for me at all

It feels so counter to how I like to play him as well, but then I picked it last night and we destroyed a 4 assassin + Rehgar team and was like "ok maybe this has its place now"

brian!

Itd prob work nice w/ dbl support i feel like the main thing that happens when i use it is that im signalling for my team to die

Alur

The praise for Li-Ming on THH was through the roof. They think she's gonna be insane, compared her to real carries in other MOBAs. I think the teleport kind of makes her feel that way as well.

Gotta admit...wasn't too big on the star princess skin but I kinda dig it and it's sounds now.

Maledict

For convenience:

Tier1: Li-Ming, Kael'Thas
Tier 2: Jaina, Falstad, Lunara, Zagara, Tyrande
Tier 3: Raynor, Valla,
Tier 4: Hammer, Sylvanas, Nova, Tychus, Nazeebo

It's more a "Ranged attacker" list, hence the inclusion of Tyrande / Zagara / Sylv. Based on the new patch. Nazeebo is bottom of his list overall

Maledict

My friend has Nazeebo as his best ranged attacked by far. I think in the higher levels people don't walk into zombie walls basically, but lower down his main ability just doesn't work anymore.

Good to see Lunara there.

Alur

Everyone buying stock in Li-Ming and I'mma let them finish, but XUL IS GONNA BE THE GREATEST HERO RELEASE OF ALL TIME. OF ALL TIME.
please don't be bad

I'm pretty excited for the Lunar event plus the dragon. Save up a bit of gold, feels like between the mount bundles + the gap in gold sinks due to everything being on sale throughout the holidays that perhaps they would release another gold sink mount in the next few months. I could get down with that.

Alavard

Everyone buying stock in Li-Ming and I'mma let them finish, but XUL IS GONNA BE THE GREATEST HERO RELEASE OF ALL TIME. OF ALL TIME.
please don't be bad

I'm pretty excited for the Lunar event plus the dragon. Save up a bit of gold, feels like between the mount bundles + the gap in gold sinks due to everything being on sale throughout the holidays that perhaps they would release another gold sink mount in the next few months. I could get down with that.

Well, we've been told Xul might be an even stronger pusher than Sylvanas, and we know tower damage is going to be buffed significantly. Based on that, I think he'll be great. He'll probably make less impact than Li-Ming, but should still be quite good.

Alur

Finally got to the end of THH after listening off and on. They think Muradin got bodied with the Avatar change, but will still see competitive play. We had a game last night where I noticed the lack of microstuns, but it hasn't been too impactful yet.

They kind of have a point, though. Now Avatar is just an HP boost that doesn't really do anything else. I like their suggestion of giving it back microstuns on every second hit on the same target, or moving away from the stuns and making the attacks slow.

Milly79

Finally got to the end of THH after listening off and on. They think Muradin got bodied with the Avatar change, but will still see competitive play. We had a game last night where I noticed the lack of microstuns, but it hasn't been too impactful yet.

They kind of have a point, though. Now Avatar is just an HP boost that doesn't really do anything else. I like their suggestion of giving it back microstuns on every second hit on the same target, or moving away from the stuns and making the attacks slow.

I think he's fine still. Didn't they say he'll still be tier 1? If anything, maybe they can bake in Skullcracker (every 3rd hit stuns). Regardless, it makes him more tanky, which is what he needs anyway being a tank.

So bake Skullcracker, lvl 7 talent that mini-stuns every third right-click on same target, into Avatar?

Alur

So bake Skullcracker, lvl 7 talent that mini-stuns every third right-click on same target, into Avatar?

They suggested Skullcracker and then said 3 may be too low. Either way, it's kind of a dopey ability now. Might as well just bake it further into his D and give him another heroic.

What does Avatar do now besides give bonus HP? Reduces duration of stuns and slows etc right? Seems lame. I legit think Haymaker is the way to go now.

Alur

I'd go with Haymaker if the tankiness weren't so important in this stun meta. That's kind of what they were saying on THH, too. Haymaker is awesome, but it makes absolutely no sense with everything else going on in his kit. He's designed to stun and slow and stall and keep enemies close...and his other heroic knocks them 20 yards in whatever direction. Most of the time you're doing more harm than good for a giggle, or you have to put yourself out of position in order to put the enemy into your team.

I suppose potentially the change could turn Haymaker into this patch's version of Gust, but I'm not a huge fan.

Milly79

I think Haymaker takes a bit too much effort to knock someone into you. You practically have to waste your leap to do it. Leap, stun, haymaker.

Auto select is trolling me in the past week, every time I was put in a team as solo support I ended up being Tassadar. Which is a perfectly capable solo support but it's so stressful compared.

Haymaker is like Gust, you can do cool/funny shit with it, but you can also try too hard to make plays happen and die because of it. Gust is better because it's at least an AoE and doesn't require you to be in the middle of a scrum to use.

Avatar without something to compensate for the loss of the right-click stuns sounds fucking retarded. I don't know why I care or am posting in this thread anymore, I just uninstalled the game.

patchday

tried to play HL but both games morales on enemy team. And I'm in low elo so you know how this went.

If only i had first pick I'd grab her

Man wish the game had bans. I'd ban her #1

Well taking a break. I find this game to be the hardest moba to play due to lack of bans and overpowered healers

Auto Select report for the day of January 30th.

Tassadar - Very rough went standard healer build and walls, even had 1 or 2 amazing walls and we almost make some plays at some point but were unable to capitalize on them.

BoE 0:1

Jaina - I forgot how much I love Jaina. Me, Nova and Abathur were making plays all game ended up going something like 45 to 12. Was on Dragon Shire so Aba would just place a couple mines in the bush they'd pass through and I'd put down a blizzard that ends them instantly. And gods do I love bolting forward aggressively to root people. At level 1 I went increased range on Frostbolt.

Dragon Shire 1:1

Abathur - Long time I haven't played him, ended up on Cursed Hollow which is arguably his best map. Toxic Nest build with the wrong talent at 4, global range and longer lasting, almost lost it at some point when all but me died and we got cursed so they went through a fort and a keep. Tyrande respawned first and I UE'd her, my absolute favourite UE target, and killed one of them and scared them off. One of us was already calling gg but in the meantime my locusts took down their bottom keep, we got another curse and a favourable fight and ended it from there. Somehow got 7 kills on abathur.

Cursed Hollow 2:1

Lt. Morales - Haven't played her since her 2nd or 3rd week, generally haven't played a lot lately. There was no need for cleanse so I went mule, we had more than enough waveclear anyway so the only other talent would have been shields on full health don't know if that would have been better. The map was Infernal Shrines and we lost the first Punisher. My teammates were very capable though and we barely lost a wall. Only issue was my people running in recklessly when I was already oom. Since they weren't retreating I just started backing instead and it somehow worked out. Without me there they weren't that reckless. At 10 I went Stim Drone and putting it on Greymane was disgusting. He'd destroy half their team within seconds. Once I knew I was gonna die at the start of a fight so I just stim'd him and we won that fight 4 for 1. Mule was keeping our structures up and we ended it fairly easily.

Infernal Shrines 4:1

Can't complain with today was a lot of fun, had great teammates, fun games and got to try out a couple heroes I haven't played in a while. Auto pick has renewed my love for the game. A'ready had half quit.

Edit: last post on page :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom