• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

Brfc logo is killing me

Can't say I've even noticed it. What is it?

Also re: Zoia talking over Gilly; I see why now after you guys said something. I just tuned in and he was just going off and she just had a weird look on her face. She sounds like she's broadcasting a golf tournament her voice is so hoarse.

brian!

i dunno who else tempo would pick up, there aren't many good players in na

i feel like this ts comp is super ambitious lol

Hmm. That's a big trade losing the double stun. It's helped me so many times, but I could certainly see it. Will have to try it out.

Most often the double stun was to hit your target through critter anyway, I don't think snipe comps really needed it anyway. Anubarak and Zagara get better though if BM on 7 becomes popular.

Jake and cooby were talking about it earlier, but also mentioned he'll be out of mana super quick spamming Q

I mean no one forces you to spam it, that's like saying Tyrael is bad because he's out of mana instantly if he spams his W.

Can't say I've even noticed it. What is it?

Also re: Zoia talking over Gilly; I see why now after you guys said something. I just tuned in and he was just going off and she just had a weird look on her face. She sounds like she's broadcasting a golf tournament her voice is so hoarse.

They put Zuna in a TS shirt on a canvas Bob Ross is drawing on

Alur

Wonder if they lose their sponsor. Srey and goku looked bad.

I dunno. I think TS is in it to stay but maybe something will change. Maybe they'll snipe an EU team or do something like that if they go through a few of these qualifiers and can't do anything.

Like brian said there's not a lot of options outside of sniping a whole team or sniping players from a team like what happened with Athero and co. Pretty sure they've tried getting EU folks over here before and it hasn't worked, though.

Most often the double stun was to hit your target through critter anyway, I don't think snipe comps really needed it anyway. Anubarak and Zagara get better though if BM on 7 becomes popular.

Well, for pleb play it's use as a disengage (piercing I mean) is just as valuable as an aggressive double stun. Can't tell you how many lives I've saved with it, including my own.

It's a pretty good talent. BM is intriguing though. I just wonder how valuable faster Avatar's really is when all it does is give you HP, though. Like, you didn't do it when it had stuns on it...why do it now when it doesn't?

brian!

i had no idea there was a tournament w/ bross and c9 both in it this weekend lol, I feel like that is something they should advertise on reddit

piercing is pretty valuable, bm is amazing for sure, prior to the avatar change it was picked for infinite ws I didn't really think about it's use for avatar (I probably have the idea "bm works on ults" blocked in my head cuz it's silly lol)

Alur

Haven't they been advertising it? It's been all over THH and elsewhere that the first NA qualifier for Spring World Championships was this Sunday.

brian!

oh I probably just missed it then, for some reason I thought c9 was still chilling in china

oh woops, I thought they were playing next match, hope bross + blaze is competitive

Alur

Unless I'm mistaken, if BRFC and C9 make it to the finals you won't see them play. They haven't been playing the finals in these qualifiers because both teams qualify.

Alur

IMO it's silly they don't play the finals. Besides both teams qualifying, is there a reason for that?

Shouldn't it be used as a form of seeding like that LAS thread on reddit was implying?

Alur

I'm pretty sure each qualifier has a prize pool. I might be wrong, but the LAS thread definitely references their qualifiers having prize pools.

EDIT: looks like no prize money

EDITx2: All the prizing is backloaded into the NA championship on Feb. 27-28th. $100,000.

EDIT:x3: My next question is...are they still letting the qualifiers play in the next rounds for the experience or no? NA only had 36 teams sign up for this event. Last year there were over 100 at least two times. Definitely over 100 the time we signed up as Stronk Tenk in the June qualifier.

kirblar

IMO it's silly they don't play the finals. Besides both teams qualifying, is there a reason for that?

Shouldn't it be used as a form of seeding like that LAS thread on reddit was implying?
When there's no stakes you get fake matches.

I'd assume qualifiers sit out.

Alur

Speaking from experience (MTG PT), it's precisely the opposite. :p

Maybe the case for you and potentially esports in general, but in physical sports it has a tendency to bite teams (particularly in football) and end badly.

That's what I was basing it on. Would seem to me like no real stakes or ability to truly compete for a month would be a detriment while the others get to utilize the new patch (or patches) in actual full-out games. They talk on THH often about how scrims aren't the best gauge because of varying effort levels/seriousness.

kirblar

Maybe the case for you and potentially esports in general, but in physical sports it has a tendency to bite teams (particularly in football) and end badly.

That's what I was basing it on. Would seem to me like no real stakes or ability to truly compete for a month would be a detriment while the others get to utilize the new patch (or patches) in actual full-out games. They talk on THH often about how scrims aren't the best gauge because of varying effort levels/seriousness.
There are still other events, no? Having the guaranteed Q is huge.

brian!

fuk i thought c9 was gonna go for nova instead of sylv, I wanted to see that haha

i watched glau play vikings once on stream I thought he was pretty good
gonna be difficult to dodge stitches though

whoa I don't even know what that kael talent is
faye going for the gotlike flamestrike build I think

brian!

yeah they beat out c9's crzy 20 spike too

glau - "everyone goes for me in my games...what if play stitches tho...."

enjoying dread/josheb combo

brian!

Cog not looking half bad this game.

Oh yeah forgot to add, "Stitches just an EU thing". Who's the passive region now Kenma.

yeah glau's stitches play was anything but passive

bw great w/ sonya and stiches

dread and josheb are way above jake/cooby to me, the way dreadsheb reacts to a bw pick vs. jooby is night and day

i got tilted when I thought I saw psi-infusion but it's probably the range

Milly79

It's getting scary. From blizzcon to this shit. I can't imagine going to China would put them on tilt this bad. Fan for Arth was downright one of the worst decisions that could've ever happened. Not sure wtf they were thinking there.

kirblar

yeah glau's stitches play was anything but passive

bw great w/ sonya and stiches

dread and josheb are way above jake/cooby to me, the way dreadsheb reacts to a bw pick vs. jooby is night and day
Jake and Cooby need to be split up at big events. Jake/Zoia and Cooby/Gilly would work much better.

Even though they lost, great showing by Cog. Glaurung in particular despite often getting flak for having a limited stable of heroes and receiving a lot of target bans against him by C9. Seems like they assembled a good roster Faye's KT was great as always.

C9 less great of a showing, feel like the last game was won on double supports more than anything.

I do miss complexity in events like this they always brought wacky comps that were a joy to watch and how C9 Vortex usually where the first to crack a new patch.

Ketch

It's getting scary. From blizzcon to this shit. I can't imagine going to China would put them on tilt this bad. Fan for Arth was downright one of the worst decisions that could've ever happened. Not sure wtf they were thinking there.

Maybe it was actually bob Ross trading arth for fan.

brian!

Tempo's drafts seem really ambitious vs. what they as a team are able to enact, srey never seems on the same page as the rest of the team

Alur

I know on stream after Heroes Rising that Dread said he saw some good and bad in Tempo's performance but that he thought Srey's shotcalling was suspect at times.

On the one hand you could chalk that up to salt, on the other he was one of the best shotcallers in the world and the performances do seem disjointed.

I still think the addition of Srey was a bigger part of why Dread left than he let on (though Srey surely was vocal about it in that Score interview)...never cared for the guy and it seems like they backed the wrong horse.

EDIT: Carbot portraits from reddit - https://imgur.com/a/WuOcz

Not the biggest fan of these, but would love to see some in game.

Alur

He also called Srey out on his comments in that interview.

That avatar swap! I was like hey we got a new guy! I thought about taking one of the Arthas ones.

I didn't see him call out Srey on that but good on him. That was pretty BM.

Cog on the other hand seem like they actually enjoy playing together i hope they tighten up for the next qualifier

I read Familie's (I think) comments saying Glaurung showed some diversity. What heroes did he play in the event besides Stitches?

I feel like that like McIntyre he is plenty capable of fitting in wherever as like the "ultimate flex", but he's said multiple times on stream that he just really loves playing Illidan and Zeratul, for example. If he does branch out, though, this is easily the best team he's had since he got kicked from Tempo.

kirblar

Dread knows he can jump back in later when theres more support. Right now the money isnt big enough to justify him delaying school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom