• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeteh

I'm still amazed how ragey people get in HotS. This game feels so casual and laid back... but man, people just love to rage. It is silly.

Alur

I like the shield on teleport talent. Also like the look of the cooldown reduction one. Not sure on the damage one though I have used it. Just seems like a very risky proposition...you literally have to be on top of em to begin with to use it for damage, and it's not like you're Muradin or anything.

I heard Mc or Dread trashing it on stream earlier (forget which), but CauthonLuck said he thought it might be viable on THH. /shrug.

I guess it's gonna be much more effective in medium MMRs

Combined with dominance and the reduced CD at 1 you can get in and out quickly and the other talents are just useful all arounf

Alur

I play at medium MMR's (2800-3000). In general you can't get near the enemy with her or Lunara or anyone of that type.

Maybe it could work at lower MMR's, but seems like more of a "I just want to play this way" thing than "I can maximize my hero" kind of thing. She already does so much damage anyway, it's kind of like the purpose of the talent is that you just want to BM them by killing them with teleport IMO. The other ones seem pretty solid though.

EDIT: To be fair maybe mid is 2300-2700 range if you go by number of players. /shrug. Still don't think it's a very safe way to play and is kind of like the Li-Ming equivalent of that Hotline Medic video some dude posted on reddit earlier.

Alur

Well if you go by hotdoggie numbers 2700-2800 is better than 90% of the people who play the game. The vast majority are below 2000 MMR.

And she already clears waves very quickly IMO, that's part of her OPness. I've never really cared much about clearing camps. It's not as important as a lot of players seem to think it is since the bruisers nerf...particularly when you can knock it out quick with 1 or 2 others.

Geeze, Li-Ming's Wave of Force is godlike utility, can also use to snipe kills as well, atleast in QM so far. After 2 games with trying both ults, I think I prefer WoF more surprisingly.

Alur

The 20 upgrade is insane. I've went with Disintegrate on live in the couple games I played. Did Wave on PTR. They both seem useful which is nice.

Wave w/o the upgrade is kinda meh but with the upgrade at 20 it feels insane.

Disintegrate just looks and feels so awesome. Disintegrate > cancel > blink > reset > disintegrate.

She doesn't need waveclear it's just an added benefit. I'm not arguing the build is viable but it sure is fun. The other builds seem a little pokey.

Alur

Agreed there. It was fun when I got a couple kills with it on PTR (teleport damage).

Lots of praise around for Lunara now and I can admit I haven't noticed her dragging down any games on either side. I guess she's fully redeemed now? Winrate still kinda low on HOTSlogs but she feels fine.

XaosWolf

Heya guys, recently fell in love with HotS so decided to drop into the inevitable GAF community. =D

Really enjoying Greymane, Brightwing and now Li-Ming (whos is gonna get hella nerfed but it'll be fun while it lasts)

Her Disintegrate, Teleport damage skill and Archon are all hilariously powerful.
She sucks at shooting through people, but the fact she can bombard people through walls and then Disintegrate so easily definitely seems overpowered.

S'been fun messing with her and out-damaging others in both hero and siege damage. =P

patchday

yeah TP Li Ming is pretty darn fun
Sonya still feels good

Didnt get a chance to play any others yet (only did 2 quick games)

Alur

Saw some good Sonya's still yesterday too. Perhaps even with the nerf, the increase in squishies recently plus Rehgar's buff will mitigate whatever was lost.

I'm still kinda mesmerized by Li-Ming. Once Milly gets back I won't get to play her, but I may actually double dip with gold on my alt and solo queue some more with her. She is pretty fun, though the more I look at that base model skin the uglier it is. Also RIP my other mounts. Cake topper and Lunar dragon 4eva.

EDIT: The Lunar monkey gold thing...seems like it takes 3 people to channel it before time expires but in my experience people either don't understand or don't give a fuck/already did it for the day. Definitely a little harder to get your extra gold than the treasure goblin was. I've also only seen 3 all day yesterday.

EDIT: The Lunar monkey gold thing...seems like it takes 3 people to channel it before time expires but in my experience people either don't understand or don't give a fuck/already did it for the day. Definitely a little harder to get your extra gold than the treasure goblin was. I've also only seen 3 all day yesterday.

2 people can do it but you have to be pretty close to perfect.

Li Ming seems super fun, I'm really tempted to buy her but think I'm gonna wait till she is 10k... since I probably will be buying Xul at 15k lol. We'll see. If she takes Archon at 20 it is extremely hard to get near her (assuming she is being guarded like she should be). I really need to get used to the range on her orb, I always underestimate it lol. That thing hits like a truck!

Alur

I'll have to try it out. I've had it fail on PTR and on live with 3 people clicking it for a decent amount of the 30 seconds. Didn't think it would fill up fast enough with just one player on it.

Alur

You did well.

Not only will they be new, but they'll also have the bugs/underpowered aspect ironed out in most (like Lunara). Greymane, Lunara and Li-Ming are all pretty decent or better at this point.

Alur

EZmingEZli-fe just did teleport build in our game and broke the 100k plateau. No deaths. Wasn't a particularly long match either. He did have Rehgar and Morales healing and Muradin peeling, but it was fun.

Gotta second kirblar. Disintegrate gonna get that nerf bat IMO. It's too good. Either the range needs to be nerfed or the max targets or something. Gonna enjoy it while it lasts though.

Maledict

Li-Ming is great, but we just won 4 games in a ro with Cho'Gall and Rehgar. Rehgar feels so absurdly good right now - first pick material definitely. Not sure if he is actually overpowered, but christ is he good and that lightning shield scary as hell.

The fact that Rehgar is able to duel and bet warriors and melee assassins in lane seems slightly amusing... ;-)

Milly79

Here was today's update:

We just released a two-part improvement for the Heroes of the Storm matchmaker that will help players near the top of the ranking system find competitive matches against other top players more consistently. Thanks in large part to player reports, we discovered an edge-case scenario in which those with very high matchmaking ratings could be matched with one or more lower-ranked players, and the first part of today’s change greatly limits the likelihood that this will occur in the future.

The other half of our improvement today adds a new rule to ranked matchmaking that’s intended to tighten up the range of skill that Rank 1 players can be matched with and against. With this rule, Rank 1 players will now be more consistently matched with and against others between Ranks 1 – 4.

As with many of our matchmaking restrictions, please keep in mind that this new rule can be relaxed under certain conditions. For example, it’s still possible that Rank 1 players will occasionally see allies and opponents between Ranks 5 – 7 in their games and, in rare cases, may even be matched with or against Rank 8+ players. However, situations like these should be infrequent after today’s update.

Rank 1 players – We’re eager to hear from you, so hop into Hero League and let us know how your matches feel after today’s change. As always, we’d like to thank everyone who continues to provide constructive feedback for the new matchmaking system. We’re still closely monitoring the matchmaker internally, and working hard to roll out additional improvements in future patches.

I'm absolutely loving Zeratul with the Shadow Assault buff. It helps that there's a Li-Ming in every game to prey on as well.

Speaking of that Jaina skin I'm having trouble identifying her at first glace. I keep thinking she's Li-Ming...Probably not the best for the game as a whole, but it looks good.

kirblar

Rehgar's got a 63% win percentage on HOTSLOGS on Day 1.

Good luck having him show up in pro play as-is, he may be instaban material.

Maledict

Rehgars so funny. Use ran the totem build as we had no tanks or divers, and it's surprisingly powerful with Li Ming. No-one is dodging her skill shots with a large 90% slow on everyone.

Decided to not even think about the totem build last night and just try lightning shield build for my first night regardless of comps. Managed 5 straight wins. Had to stop just to give my overworked hand a break because work has been wearing it out a bit lately. Doesn't gel well with how constantly active he is now.

Regarding ARAM, if anyone wants to see what it looks like but hasn't tried it yet, I've loaded four videos to YouTube of my matches in the past month for funsies: Nazeebo, Tyrael, Malfurion, and Monk

Personally, I liked playing as Monk the most, but man, I'm basically all-in on ARAM at this point as long as there are enough people on to get a game going. Otherwise I slum it in QM.

Alur

We played like two more QM games after you left. Somehow we got a much lower MMR Tyrande who was BMing from level 4 onward. It was rough.

Still super impressed with Li-Ming. Even just playing with her is fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom