• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alavard

So, with Li-Ming imminent release (either tomorrow or next week), any thoughts on good heroes to pair up with her? I'm probably not going to buy her right away, but I'm anticipating her being present in basically every match for a while, so I'm trying to decide on some good heroes to go with her.

Tank-wise, it feels like maybe ETC would be best. He can both lock down heroes for kills and peel from her pretty well. Pairing her with Kael'Thas seems like it could be truly great, if there's a strong enough front line. Greymane might work well too - he can dive in to get the finishes for kills that sets off Li-Ming's trait.

brian!

She seems really overtuned and blizz will prob have to do something about glass cannon at some point, in a draft scenario if you pick up kael ur team does infiite dmg

I def changed my mind about her needing things to set off her passive, she seems fully capable doing it by herself

tempo missed out on practically every replacement for Zuna and Arthelon that they could think of (including buying out top EU players and bringing them over to US) before trying out srey and goku. Dreadnaught didn't see any way tempo would be a top 2 team so he quit - as kirblar mentioned the money isn't there and he needed to finish school

Srey and goku just aren't that good right now. Srey made the dumbest draft of all time vs Bob Ross on dshire. Literally no damage. Goku plays 3 heroes. They did well at HR when no one was in top form and they had been scrimming together two weeks longer than everyone else

Alur

No clue how she will affect games and possibly make us miserable, but right now I'm very glad she appears to be OP by all accounts.

Hell, it's about damn time.

Alur

If you get our hopes up too much and she doesn't come...

Dr.-Who.gif

That avatar swap! I was like hey we got a new guy! I thought about taking one of the Arthas ones.

I didn't see him call out Srey on that but good on him. That was pretty BM.

I read Familie's (I think) comments saying Glaurung showed some diversity. What heroes did he play in the event besides Stitches?

I feel like that like McIntyre he is plenty capable of fitting in wherever as like the "ultimate flex", but he's said multiple times on stream that he just really loves playing Illidan and Zeratul, for example. If he does branch out, though, this is easily the best team he's had since he got kicked from Tempo.

The games I watched he was playing Vikings, Stitches and Thrall, Vikings didn't pan out but I don't think because of his inability with them. He also took play again at 10.

I have about 12K gold right now and a quest from today worth... who knows. I'll probably nab Johanna though since she's so cheap now and then I'll almost have enough to grab some other 10K hero. Maybe Leoric. Who knows. Despite playing this game since closed beta I still am missing about 8-10 heroes.

Alur

I crossed the 40k mark again finally after being as low as 15k at one point thanks to the Doubloon Mount + Treasure Goblin Mount 40k expenditure extravaganza.

Can't say the same for my alt accounts, though. One has 9.8k and the other has 17k. 9.8k account is missing Greymane and Li-Ming only, but the 17k account is missing more than half the roster.

Alavard

Greymane is going to really have a hard time against Li-Ming, I'm guessing. Shouldn't have a chance at trading with her at range, and when he dives in for Worgen form, she can just teleport back.

Edit - heck, a lot of the melee assassins are going to struggle against her. The Butcher is going to be in a similar boat - he'll have to make sure he can kill her when he charges, because if he doesn't, she'll just get to safety or kite him to death.

Alur

So we're looking at Lunar Festival Bundle plus the Li-Ming bundle tomorrow?

What's the date on medic skin hitting?

gutshot

So I'm currently trying to level up to 12 for the Heartthstone card back. What should I be doing to maximize my XP gain? Any particular heroes I should use?

Also, is there a way to keep the camera centered on my character at all times? Thanks!

kirblar

So I'm currently trying to level up to 12 for the Heartthstone card back. What should I be doing to maximize my XP gain? Any particular heroes I should use?

Also, is there a way to keep the camera centered on my character at all times? Thanks!
Did you use recruit a friend? If not are you level 5 or under?

Spevialists are best in AI matches amd Syl the best of them, and you get her for free at level ten if u used RAF.

gutshot

Did you use recruit a friend? If not are you level 5 or under?

Spevialists are best in AI matches amd Syl the best of them, and you get her for free at level ten if u used RAF.

I don't think so. I'm level 9 right now but it is extremely slow going. Is it better to play versus AI? I thought you got more XP in PvP so I've been doing that.

Alavard

I don't think so. I'm level 9 right now but it is extremely slow going. Is it better to play versus AI? I thought you got more XP in PvP so I've been doing that.

The XP you get in a game directly translates to the amount of XP you receive when the match is over. And it's the same rate for vs AI, Quickmatch, Hero League, and Team League. However, in any of the modes against real players, you receive an extra 50,000 XP if you win. But then you have to factor in queue times a bit.

Just want to chime in to say Aram is the most fun I've had with this game. And the community has been a blast to play with. Just wish it counted for exp and such, but I totally get why it doesn't.

gutshot

The XP you get in a game directly translates to the amount of XP you receive when the match is over. And it's the same rate for vs AI, Quickmatch, Hero League, and Team League. However, in any of the modes against real players, you receive an extra 50,000 XP if you win. But then you have to factor in queue times a bit.

Ok, I suppose it makes sense to stick with the PvP battles then since on the off-chance we win, that bonus XP is nice.

Any suggestion on heroes? I tried Sylvanas but I didn't like her. I kept dying super quick.

Source?

Press 'L' in-game to un/lock the camera on your hero.

Awesome, thanks!

Alavard

Ok, I suppose it makes sense to stick with the PvP battles then since on the off-chance we win, that bonus XP is nice.

Any suggestion on heroes? I tried Sylvanas but I didn't like her. I kept dying super quick.

Awesome, thanks!

Can't go wrong with Raynor or Muradin. Looks like they're both on rotation (which changes tomorrow), and they're also both only 2k gold.

Indignate

I'm going to be controversial and say that Leoric is harder than Muradin but both are still easy because Leoric is only more difficult in the same sense that picking up two pencils is harder than picking up one for the average person.

kirblar

Muradin's skillshots and need to get a bunch of them in a row (especially with rewind later) make him much rougher for newer players.

I'm going to be controversial and say that Leoric is harder than Muradin but both are still easy because Leoric is only more difficult in the same sense that picking up two pencils is harder than picking up one for the average person.

The difference is simple, Leoric's skillshot just need to hit anything. Muradin's skillshots actually need to connect with the right targets.

4 straight losses today. Still think people at average MMR just don't know when to end. 3 of them down, top keep already gone past lvl 20 and they go for a keep instead. Oh and constant overextending, I know it's great to get a kill but once you do, don't chase 3 of them low on health while your healer is dead or oom you're just gonna give up that lead.

I don't think the inherent usefulness that a stun has over a zoning ability makes one character more difficult over another. They both have their uses and they both have their right targets.

I actually believe you guys are focusing on the wrong ability. For a newer player, the fact that Leoric's escape is less reliable then Muradin's is the most prevalent reason why I think he's more difficult. There are a couple of other minute reasons too with other parts of their kit, but I already wouldn't put them in separate groups of difficulty that listing them feels redundant.

Well it's the one part of both them that requires skill above knowledge. Leoric's escape is only slightly worse, the thing that makes Muradin's escape so good is the unstoppable which Leo also has during his. Death is also not nearly as punishing with Leo.

Indignate

I don't think the inherent usefulness that a stun has over a zoning ability makes one character more difficult over another. They both have their uses and they both have their right targets. I think it's a lapse in judgement to say that Leoric is just fine with hitting anything with Drain Hope.

I actually believe you guys are focusing on the wrong ability. For a newer player, the fact that Leoric's escape is less reliable then Muradin's is the most prevalent reason why I think he's more difficult. There are a couple of other minute reasons too with other parts of their kits, but I already wouldn't put them in separate groups of difficulties anyways so listing them feels redundant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom