• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
What does "quick cast profile" mean exactly?

What functionality is it supposed to actually modify for skills?

What does "quick cast profile" mean exactly?

What functionality is it supposed to actually modify for skills?

I assume to be able to hold Q on Sylvanas and Lili and to be able to have some skills on release and others on hit possibly. Li Ming for instance would be nice to have the missiles on release and the others on hit.

Alavard

Looks like those Greymane changes from last week's patch are really helping. He's now at 47.5% winrate on hotslogs, which puts him around ETC and Muradin.

Can't wait to play Li-Ming today. Just got my wizard to 70 in diablo and now I'm really hyped to play her.
I really hope they start adding male versions of the diablo characters so we get 2 completely different versions of the heroes.
Female diablo would be amazing as well.

I can't wait to have the enemy Li Ming 2 shot me and my 4 teammates solo for the next 6 weeks until Blizzard gets their bundle money and finally tunes her properly, meanwhile every Li Ming I get teamed with in solo queue will be played by a drunk orangutan

Gotta play some Abby this week and get back into the swing of things, haven't really played him for like 2 weeks

Alur

I can't wait to have the enemy (insert OP hero/stealth hero) 2 shot me and my 4 teammates solo for the next 6 weeks meanwhile every (insert OP hero/stealth hero) I get teamed up with will be played by a drunk orangutan

FTFY. You just summarized the entire game in one sentence. Now we all just feel bad that we nodded along and yelled "Preach!"

Kioshen

Forgot about Greymane being dropped to 10k and tried him yesterday. I really don't want to bring him in quick match because I apparently can't play an assassin without proper sustain. How can people play that hero in qm knowing they could land without a healer is beyond me.

Alavard

You know, now that he's not super popular anymore, I actually like going up against Cho'Gall. I got to abuse the hell out of one last night as ETC on Spider Queen. There's nothing like watching him go down and realize you're making two people frustrated at once. The other highlight of that match was a boss steal while our Abathur turned in 18 coins for a nice level 20 simultaneous boss with a webweaver push.

Milly79

Forgot about Greymane being dropped to 10k and tried him yesterday. I really don't want to bring him in quick match because I apparently can't play an assassin without proper sustain. How can people play that hero in qm knowing they could land without a healer is beyond me.

Poke poke poke. And only shift if you know you're gonna kill. It's not as bad as people make it. His WR is what? 47% now?

Alur

Milly and I had a monster Cho'Gall game on PTR playing with the new changes. They are still really fun to play, had kind of forgotten.

As for playing against em, I haven't checked the hotdoggies but I bet I have a very good winrate against them. Even when they are great, the QM randomness makes it so hard to get anything out of them.

Like Milly said, build for Q and poke-ity poke poke. Even in optimal settings you'll still be doing a lot of that.

You used to call me in the Nexus
Late night when you need my spells
Call me in the Nexus
Late night when you need my spells
And I know when that hotline Ming
That can only mean one thing
I know when that hotline Ming
That can only mean one thing

Alur

Thanks for the heads up. I like the lucha-like Illidan skin alright. Mainly like the mount though.

EDIT: Didn't realize they had added this:

oeR5NfG.jpg

Alur

As one of the idiots who has every mount, the Lunar mount + Star Princess mount looks like it puts the mount roster at 36.

That's not counting heroes who have individual mounting mechanism like Diablo or Zag or whatnot.

Almost as many mounts as heroes now.

Indignate

Don't ever give up.

Quick cast profiles is a smart addition. Even other mobas that should not be named don't have that shit yet.

Kioshen

Poke poke poke. And only shift if you know you're gonna kill. It's not as bad as people make it. His WR is what? 47% now?

Like Milly said, build for Q and poke-ity poke poke. Even in optimal settings you'll still be doing a lot of that.

Thanks. I guess I'm still too aggressive in my play style. Will try him in AI a little bit more and practice his Q build.

Can't decide which one to buy first Greymane or Lunara now that she seems okayish.

Li-Ming will be my first hero bought with real money. I'm weak.

TDLink

Every quick match game for the next two weeks is now about this:

Teams will have a 50% chance to spawn a Monkey Elder at the start of each game if any players on the team have not yet finished this quest for the day
Work together to follow and catch the Monkey Elder who will drop a Red Envelope that awards 100 gold to each ally with an active Monkey Elder Special Event quest.

kirblar

Every quick match game for the next two weeks is now about this:

Teams will have a 50% chance to spawn a Monkey Elder at the start of each game if any players on the team have not yet finished this quest for the day
Work together to follow and catch the Monkey Elder who will drop a Red Envelope that awards 100 gold to each ally with an active Monkey Elder Special Event quest.
4, actually, goes till March.

Maledict

This game really does suck if you want to learn a hero. You either force it in hero league, where you cripple your team mates and lose matches, or you go into quick match and try to work out how an all melee team made sense to the matchmaker.

Meh, nothing that hasn't been said before but it's really sad how amazing Greymane is hero design and yet how horrible he feels to play, because there's no sensible way of playing him without either suffering the shitness of the matchmaker, or just losing games in hero league.

Alavard

This game really does suck if you want to learn a hero. You either force it in hero league, where you cripple your team mates and lose matches, or you go into quick match and try to work out how an all melee team made sense to the matchmaker.

Meh, nothing that hasn't been said before but it's really sad how amazing Greymane is hero design and yet how horrible he feels to play, because there's no sensible way of playing him without either suffering the shitness of the matchmaker, or just losing games in hero league.

I mean, there's also the option of premades in QM, with friends.

Alur

Having more fun with Li-Ming than I expected.

Also the coin/gem counters on Tomb and Blackheart's is such a great addition. And the floating combat text. Love it.

brian!

i think id personally dial my ptr impressions on rehgar back a bit, I definitely think the rework makes him more interesting and enables different types of comps though

dread talking about how blizzard always includes ridiculous wacky shit in their patches is great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom