• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian!

I think you might be conflating me expressing a desire for a consistent higher stake higher ceiling game w/ something else?

Or maybe to use ur words about the line, yeah id like the line shifted higher

kirblar

I think you might be conflating me expressing a desire for a consistent higher stake higher ceiling game w/ something else?
The scaling changes weren't meant to do what you think they were. They were meant to fix the huge issue that I was complaining about for months, where a 2 level lead was usually snowballing out of control because of the way stats scaled.

The more dangerous early game was a side effect of the fix.

brian!

Oh woops
Yeah i shoulda figured that wasnt blizz's intent, but it's something i personally enjoy and i wish more heroes had been tweaked so they could participate

kirblar

Oh woops
Yeah i shoulda figured that wasnt blizz's intent, but it's something i personally enjoy and i wish more heroes had been tweaked so they could participate
That's what they're doing right now. They knew it was scrambling everything, but it definitely fixed the issue with guys like Thrall where the numbers weren't working in the early game.

kirblar

Am glad to!

Cho'Gall was what made them realize the scaling was broken, btw. Every game they tested with him under the old system snowballed one way or the other because he'd be either useless or a god.

Ketch

something like that.

I had 10k g sitting in my account so I got lunara and then bought greymane with monies. Tried them both out in a couple bot games, and one QM each. I'm super rusty, but I like them both a lot. Seems to me that they are on polar opposites of the "Should I play this hero in solo que?" spectrum.

Greymane seems he'd be a lot easier to play on a coordinated team where as lunara seems like she's a lot easier to play against an uncoordinated team.

Or maybe it's just that in my greymane game the other team had a li ming and we got wrecked.

hard to say off one game....

The ability to outplay people on lunara is fun as fuck. and greyman has a surprising amount of mobility. What's everyone's go to builds? on Lunara I was going for vision (how the fuck is wisp on the 30 second cooldown? that's retarded, tyrande owl is like 12 seconds?.. and it does damage too) but with the vision and the leap ultimate I felt like I was able to make a lot of plays.

With greymane I was going with inner beat cooldown plus return mana during inner beast and cocktail talents at 7 and at 13 (or 16?) and trying to do a W, Q, E, Q, R combo on people but li ming/zeratul was destroying me

kirblar

Greymane has a deliberate lack of sustain that makes him rough without a pocket healer.

Q build is currently preferred because it lets you hang back and avoid getting your HP depleted before you jump in for a kill.

Alavard

For Greymane, I've been going:

1) Wolfheart
4) Thick Skin
7) Incendiary Elixir
10) Go for the Throat
13) On the Prowl
16) Concentrated Blast
20) Tooth and Claw

Alavard

Man the monkey king is such bullshit. 5 games in a row and he is a no show.

Don't worry. He'll show up in your next game. And 3 of your team members will be sitting in the Hall of Storms afk. And you'll get bodyblocked by the remaining member and run out of time.

Monkey king is possibly the worst thing ever added in this game

The worst thing

Hey, chase a reject from Animaniacs around for the entire time it takes your team to get in a logical lane position for a whopping 100g

Get to feel like an asshole if you don't help do the most unfun thing in the game even though you have 100k gold already

It simulates almost perfectly what it's like babysitting Murky in a lane, only you can't kill the fucker

Acidote

Monkey king is possibly the worst thing ever added in this game

The worst thing

Hey, chase a reject from Animaniacs around for the entire time it takes your team to get in a logical lane position for a whopping 100g

Get to feel like an asshole if you don't help do the most unfun thing in the game even though you have 100k gold already

It simulates almost perfectly what it's like babysitting Murky in a lane, only you can't kill the fucker

I just see it as 100 free gold every day. Much needed gold for a casual f2p player.

Alur

subbed to mac's channel to request SM illidan game, got denied.

I re-subbed for my 8th month and he didn't even acknowledge the sub or send me my gat damn barrel boys t-shirt. Then again, in general he's been a lot less of the typical jovial Mc since he got back into the pro scene. Probably because most of the time when he streams he's still teamed with a BRFC teammate I guess.

brian!

Fan - leonardo
Erho - raphael
Zuna - donatello/april o neil
Mcintyre - michaelangelo
Kenma - casey
Glaurung - shredder

Solidjake/cooby - the animal henchmen
Zoia - the guy from return of the ooze

Li ming/rehgar - pizza

Alur

Always thought of Fan as Donatello. The smart one who is also successful. And if we're doing turtles, Dreadnaught would have to be Leonardo since he's the leader and the only player who has really gotten universal praise for his shotcalling that I know of. He's also pretty level headed.

Raphael would have to be salty so Erho is a good pick. He's also the most popular turtle too, though, so I dunno if Erho could fill that part of the role. A more apt selection would be that dude from Team Liquid who quit but only played Illidan and Zera and all the EU guys thought he was the best in the world...can't even remember his name lol. It's like right there but I can't place it. Oreoman from Korea would also fit great melee player + saltiness.

If I were picking a Michaelangelo based on what little we really know of these dude's personalities, it'd be bkb. Everyone loves him and he loves to have fun. That's Michaelangelo.

Dunktrain would be Shredder. He's the evil mastermind/bad guy/etc.

I also feel like Bakery has to slot in this discussion somewhere because of his personality, but can't think of a mainline character to pair him with.

brian!

I started w/ bross and it snowballed, so zuna was donny just cause he does draft and shotcalling. And april cause sometimes he needs to be saved and the hots pro scene talks about him like they luh him ( i dont really know anything about april outside of tmnt arcade game)

Fan as leo because he carries + nondescript personality

I only watched the ooze movie and the one where they go to japan

Casey was also a throwaway because i had nothing for kenma

Alur

PATCH DEPLOYED.

Rehgar:

Feral Lunge does 75% instead of 100% damage now.

And Lightning Shield down from 36 (+4% per level) to 30 (+4% per level)

KT:

Arcane Barrier only shields 150% instead of 200%. Also only lasts 4 secs instead of 6.

Gravity Lapse now just 1 sec instead of 1.5 stun.

Phoenix cooldown increased to 60 seconds from 40.

Jaina:

Frostbolt damage up from 160 to 190.

Cone of Cold damage up from 189 to 200.

kirblar

Assassin

Falstad

Hammerang (Q)
BOOMerang (Talent)
Damage increased from 121 (+4% per level) to 150 (+4% per level)
Hinterland Blast (R)
Base damage increased from 411 (+4.75% per level) to 475 (+4.75% per level)

Developer Comments: We’re primarily seeing players run Basic Attack builds as Falstad, and would like to make ‘mage’ Falstad a bit more powerful. We also felt that Hinterland Blast isn’t doing enough damage with its higher cooldown, so we’re further increasing that damage.

Return

Jaina

Basic Attack damage reduced from 89 (+4% per level) to 60 (+4% per level)
Frostbolt (Q)
Damage increased from 160 (+4% per level) to 190 (+4% per level)
Cone of Cold (E)
Damage increased from 189 (+4% per level) to 200 (+4% per level)

Developer Comments: We’re starting to pull Basic Attack damage out of characters who don’t rely upon it, namely Jaina and Kael’thas. For Jaina, this will make less of her damage guaranteed and allow for more advanced plays. Jaina’s win rate is also a little on the low end, so we want to offset the Basic Attack nerf and add to her overall power by buffing Frostbolt and Cone of Cold.

Return

Kael'thas

Basic Attack damage reduced from 87 (+4% per level) to 65 (+4% per level)
Arcane Barrier (Talent)
Shield amount decreased from 200% to 150%
Duration reduced from 6 to 4 seconds
Gravity Lapse (E)
Stun duration reduced from 1.5 to 1.0 seconds
Phoenix (R)
Cooldown increased from 40 to 60 seconds
Pyroblast (R)
Damage increased from 730 (+4% per level) to 810 (+5% per level)
Cooldown increased from 50 to 100 seconds

Developer Comments: Kael’thas is a powerful hero with too few downsides. We’re nerfing several aspects of his kit, and are still planning a Talent overhaul coming soon™. The stun duration of Gravity Lapse is too long and guarantees kills more often than we would like. Reducing the stun duration makes it less frustrating to play against and adds a bit more counterplay for the enemy team. Phoenix is the drastically favored Heroic Ability right now, and it’s up far too often. By nerfing its cooldown, while also pushing Pyroblast to create more impactful moments, we expect there will be more situations where Pyroblast is the optimal pick.

Return

Nova

Snipe (Q)
Damage increased from 268 (+4% per level) to 295 (+4% per level)
Snipe Master (Talent)
Damage bonus increased from 5% to 12% per stack
Maximum stack bonus increased from 50% to 60%
Maximum stacks decreased from 10 to 5

Developer Comments: While we are happy with the variety of Talent options Nova has after the rework, her overall damage is too low. We like Snipe Master, and it encourages a different playstyle, but a single miss resets a ton of progress toward the Talent’s reward. With these changes, players will get more out of Snipe Master without having to rebuild so many stacks after a miss. We’ve heard a lot of community feedback and suggestions about not removing stacks as long as your Snipe hits something. We’ve discussed this, but feel that even if Snipe misses the intended target, it still hits something the majority of the time. By making this Talent sharp, with an obvious downside, it allows us to crank up the tuning and really celebrate flawless Nova play.

Return

Thrall

Basic Attack damage reduced from 173 (+4% per level) to 165 (+4% per level)
Sundering (R)
Cooldown increased from 70 to 80 seconds

Developer Comments: Thrall sits near the top of our win charts, so we feel that small nerfs to his damage and most-picked Heroic Ability are necessary. We expect this to only slightly nudge Thrall down, as we’re otherwise happy with how he is currently being played.

Return

Support

Rehgar

Ghost Wolf (Trait) (D)
Basic Attack damage bonus reduced from 100% to 75%
Lightning Shield (W)
Damage reduced from 36 (+4% per level) to 30 (+4% per level)

Developer Comments: Rehgar’s new Talents have opened up a number of different strategies and builds, which has been exciting to see. We like this more aggressive playstyle, but noticed that the majority of Lightning Shield Talents are now clear winners. Focusing nerfs primarily on Lightning Shield’s damage will help to reduce Rehgar’s win rate and open up even more Talent options.

Return

Warrior

Diablo

Fire Stomp (W)
Fire Devil (Talent)
Damage reduced from 23 (+4% per level) to 17 (+4% per level)

Developer Comments: Diablo has hovered near the top of our win rate charts for a while. We wanted to see how the Tyrande nerfs would impact him first, as we know those characters have very strong synergy together. We haven’t seen much of a dip in Diablo’s win rate, so we’re targeting a ‘must pick’ Talent with this nerf.

Return

Bug Fixes

Art

Lunar Jaina’s legs will no longer separate from her body on endgame score screens.

Battlegrounds

Dying will no longer cause the player’s Healing Well cooldown to reset.

Heroes and Talents

Fixed an issue that could cause Greymane’s Gilnean Cocktail to deal more than the intended amount of damage in certain situations.

Alur

Nova got some buffs for sure. But I hate her so let's not talk about them.

Thrall with a small nerf. Nothing for Li-Ming this patch.

finally on the Hinterland's buff.

It's only been like two weeks, no? Since the CD change anyway. Still won't make it a pick sadly.

brian!

Aw not into the taking away auto dmg stuff but whatever

Want gp/pyroblast to be a thing

Like how they called fire devil "must pick" but it's not even the lvl 13 talent

Woah boomerang buff is hefty

Also hello??? @ snipe master, dont fall 2 far into the murky deep blizz

Alur

Looks like you win Maledict. Your one moment of faith has been rewarded. Rehgar probably still perfectly viable to play just the way he was...though damn, Feral Lunge went from 200% to 75% now...it's basically just a charge at this point.

Makes me sad. No more satisfying kills unless they are truly on the cusp of death.

Farewell KT :(

KT will be just fine so long as Chain Bomb reigns supreme.

Maledict

WTF are they thinking with that pyroblast change?

I have to say, I really don't like this thing they have going of "longer duration, more impactful" heroics. All it has done so far is mess up heroics that weren't taken in the first place.

slightly surprised by no Li-Ming change, but guess they want to let her at least have a week before adjusting.

Alur

I'm not surprised at all. It's only been 7 days and Rehgar was possibly skewing her higher or lower in some regard.

Now they'll really know, and beyond that people will finally begin to adjust to her as time goes on so that will help sort out "truly ridiculous" from just "strong".

And agreed on the long ass cooldowns. They will have to massively buff all the numbers to get people to play with that shit. It truly felt like in Alpha all heroic cooldowns (for the most part) were a bit longer than they are now...or at least the ones used.

I would kinda like to see heroics in the 80+ second range being the picks so that team fights are less about whoever can land their OP and win every time...but that could just be me.

kirblar

WTF are they thinking with that pyroblast change?

I have to say, I really don't like this thing they have going of "longer duration, more impactful" heroics. All it has done so far is mess up heroics that weren't taken in the first place.

slightly surprised by no Li-Ming change, but guess they want to let her at least have a week before adjusting.
They want people playing shields down more often.

I like the increased CD on the ults and I hope more follow. As already mentioned, too many team fights are decided by ults.

Why they gotta do my boy Thrall like that? :(

Edit: I'm also extremely tired of constant Nova changes. Just leave her alone for awhile and concentrate on other heroes that have been ignored for quite some time.

Alavard

I like the increased CD on the ults and I hope more follow. As already mentioned, too many team fights are decided by ults.

Why they gotta do my boy Thrall like that? :(

Edit: I'm also extremely tired of constant Nova changes. Just leave her alone for awhile and concentrate on other heroes that have been ignored for quite some time.

Having more teamfights where ults aren't up would be fine, but I'm worried that increasing the CD of too many will just cause both teams to avoid high level teamfights that much longer.

Alur

Having more teamfights where ults aren't up would be fine, but I'm worried that increasing the CD of too many will just cause both teams to avoid high level teamfights that much longer.

This is a good point and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I could definitely see it breaking that way.

I would really like to see ults either become more frequent or less frequent as a general rule, though. If they are going to be up for every team fight anyway, I'd rather them be up more and be less powerful if there's no way to make longer cooldowns work.

I guess I'm ultimately just kind of jaded on the "20 secs and my Stim Drone/Ancestral/whatever is up" and would rather see the fight come down to coordination and opportunity more than whoever has the most OP set of ults that game. And all of this is coming from QM/mid level perspective for what it's worth.

Maledict

Blizzard said:
Li-Ming has only been available for a week, and we want to take a little more time to see how she settles into the metagame as everyone gets more experience playing with and against her. We agree with the feedback we’re seeing that she’s a little too strong right now, and while there are adjustments we’d like to make, we want to be sure that the changes we do make are healthy for the game. We’re currently looking to adjust several Talents, including Astral Presence and Ess of Johan, but we haven’t finalized these changes just yet.

Which makes sense. With the nerf to KT hero league is going to be even more dominated by her I guess, and presumably rehgar + melee assassins on the other side.

Well, there's the slight lightning shield dmg nerf, but I can't believe they didn't touch anything else.

Lunar Jaina’s legs will no longer separate from her body on endgame score screens.

I can confirm, Lunar Jaina's legs were so OP they might as well have been separate characters

Milly79

I always thought it was kind of weird that the healing fountain would reset on death. I didn't want to feel like an idiot and say anything, as I thought it was an intended feature.

Maledict

Also, if they want mage Falstad to be a thing, they need to do more work than that. Secret Weapon is SO good, even when you don't pick any other AA talent its worth taking because it's just freaking insane damage.

They need to change the level 1 stacking talent to make mage Faltsad a thing - make it so it triggers off Boomerang, make it increase all his damaging abilities, increase it to +2 per hit - whatever, it just needs more.

And, as we've said for ages, scrap overdrive and bake it into his abilities.

Alur

Which makes sense. With the nerf to KT hero league is going to be even more dominated by her I guess, and presumably rehgar + melee assassins on the other side.

Wait, which talent was Astral Presence again? I can't look it up atm and don't remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom