• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maledict

Its the level1 mana regen talent. It gives her SO much sustain, and she's clearly not designed to be able to fling magic missiles forever.

Alur

Ah, yeah that makes perfect sense. You all called that one.

I was taking spell shield anyway so np to me. I don't think she has severe mana issues even without it unless you're getting mass resets, but if you're getting mass resets you probably already won anyway..which is kind of scary in a completely different manner.

brian!

Yeah astral is why shes on another lvl compared to rehgar

Mage falstad was already slightly a thing with that one talent at 4, ive seen it picked in tourneys

Why did i buy rehgar instead of falstad ugh

kirblar

This is a good point and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I could definitely see it breaking that way.

I would really like to see ults either become more frequent or less frequent as a general rule, though. If they are going to be up for every team fight anyway, I'd rather them be up more and be less powerful if there's no way to make longer cooldowns work.

I guess I'm ultimately just kind of jaded on the "20 secs and my Stim Drone/Ancestral/whatever is up" and would rather see the fight come down to coordination and opportunity more than whoever has the most OP set of ults that game. And all of this is coming from QM/mid level perspective for what it's worth.
I think the big thing is "lose a teamfight, rez, and your higher-level opponents have everything back off cooldown already."

Alur

Better question is how have you been in thread since...basically forever and still don't have all the heroes? HOW BRIAN TELL ME

I think the big thing is "lose a teamfight, rez, and your higher-level opponents have everything back off cooldown already."

Great point. I fucking hate that. I mean, I know we see a lot of comebacks comparable to other games of this ilk but it's certainly deflating and seems more to be a symptom of "they overplayed their hand and messed up" than "we outplayed them".

Alur

You're already ded. Like this gaem.

But yeah, seemed like you went through a period there where you hardly played (and of course ARAM doesn't give jack which is my biggest problem with it).

Ketch

One thing I was thinking after Mac refused to play SM Illidan was how bad the +straight amount talents are now. They changed the scaling so at lvl one people have thousands of hp and do hundreds of damage. +1 permanent damage on hit is such total dog shit now..... Same with seasons marksman sadly.

These are some of my favorite talents in the game but they need to be adjusted for the scaling change.

Maledict

One thing I was thinking after Mac refused to play SM Illidan was how bad the +straight amount talents are now. They changed the scaling so at lvl one people have thousands of hp and do hundreds of damage. +1 permanent damage on hit is such total dog shit now..... Same with seasons marksman sadly.

These are some of my favorite talents in the game but they need to be adjusted for the scaling change.

Thing is by level 8 they are back to normal - it's just for those initial 8 levels that they are underpowered compared to how they were.

Ketch

so what you're saying is that SM illidan is legit.
song_siren.gif

brian!

Bloodlust can be feasible, it's just too much work

Sm illidan is not feasible tho
Patch before gave him 4 waves of stacks so it's kinda like he's running sm?

Maledict

Yeah astral is why shes on another lvl compared to rehgar

Mage falstad was already slightly a thing with that one talent at 4, ive seen it picked in tourneys

You mean flow rider? That's not Mage Falstad, they are still taking Secret Weapon at 7 rather than Boomerang, and they aren't taking Gathering Storm at 1 either. It's just an alternate build which works if you have a really solid frontline so you won't get attacked and can spend all your time throwing hammers. It's also useful for when you want to play ultra-manoeuvrable Falstad, which is what K1pro usually runs.

Nobodies using Mage Falstad because Secret Weapon is so insanely strong. It almost doubles your auto attacks when the hammer is out, and on a character with a fast attack speed, seasoned marksman, giant killer and nexus frenzy that's just too much damage to give up for an extra 100 damage on your hammer every 20 seconds.

brian!

You mean flow rider? That's not Mage Falstad, they are still taking Secret Weapon at 7 rather than Boomerang, and they aren't taking Gathering Storm at 1 either. It's just an alternate build which works if you have a really solid frontline so you won't get attacked and can spend all your time throwing hammers. It's also useful for when you want to play ultra-manoeuvrable Falstad, which is what K1pro usually runs.

Nobodies using Mage Falstad because Secret Weapon is so insanely strong. It almost doubles your auto attacks when the hammer is out, and on a character with a fast attack speed, seasoned marksman, giant killer and nexus frenzy that's just too much damage to give up for an extra 100 damage on your hammer every 20 seconds.

yeah i meant flow, they were taking it w/ boom too
it wasn't a real mage falstad for sure, it was more of a I don't want to stay in auto range to get damage value thing
secret weapon is really hard not to take definitely

but yeah getting booms off w/ flow rider has seen an insane spike w/ this buff, get it w/ crippling hammer and aerie and it's the kitiest hero + gust

for me mage = skills so that's what I mean when I say that

If Astral Presence and Ess of Johan get nerfed to oblivion I'm ready to main the teleport build. It's weaker but not by that much and I tend to skill into it halfway against certain comps anyway.

Specifically whenever the team has particularly sticky and bursty heroes. I've seen people go with Wave of Force with the build and use it around them when teleporting in. Have personally not tried that yet though.

Lyng

Man Lost Vikings are suprisingly fun. Even more fun how many people dont have a clue what their job is.
When played right its amazing what a level advantage they can give the team. I might save up for them.

Milly79

If Astral Presence and Ess of Johan get nerfed to oblivion I'm ready to main the teleport build. It's weaker but not by that much and I tend to skill into it halfway against certain comps anyway.

Specifically whenever the team has particularly sticky and bursty heroes. I've seen people go with Wave of Force with the build and use it around them when teleporting in. Have personally not tried that yet though.

Anytime I mention it for an extra interrupt or to keep someone off me I get told no.

Alur

I really would like to see some Kerrigan love. She's rough to play atm I feel.

One of my favorite heroes... I definitely agree that she has become less and less viable in a match.

Kerrigan's viability - in general anyway - fluctuates with the meta and how Blizzard balances it or more precisely who they balance. She's perfectly fine as she is for the most part, but she only pops up regularly when the meta is favorable to her. She's had several resurgences like that over the life of the game. I don't think her kit is friendly to over-tuning. It'd be a real bad time for anyone not on Kerrigan.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Man Lost Vikings are suprisingly fun. Even more fun how many people dont have a clue what their job is.
When played right its amazing what a level advantage they can give the team. I might save up for them.

I played them up to lvl 5 yesterday and I really don't like them at all. It's just too much work to babysit them when they are all split up, I constantly feel like I'm failing when playing them, lol. Probably my least favorite hero to play at this point. I'd be fine if I never play them again.

Altairre

She was in a good spot, until the scaling changes.

I agree with that. She's my one lvl 10 hero and there is nothing quite as satisfying in this game as landing a good combo for me. I still play her in QM every now and then, especially if I have a team to back me up (had quite a bit of fun teaming up and roaming with an ETC) but since the scaling changes I've been switching to other heroes more and more because I just don't feel as useful with Kerrigan. It makes me sad.

Lyng

I played them up to lvl 5 yesterday and I really don't like them at all. It's just too much work to babysit them when they are all split up, I constantly feel like I'm failing when playing them, lol. Probably my least favorite hero to play at this point. I'd be fine if I never play them again.

They are a whole lot more involved to play then any other hero in the game definately but I am nuts and actually enjoyed the stress hehe.

Also when the game is over and your team was 5 levels higher than the other its a damn good feeling hehe.

Cerato

Neo Member
I played a good ARAM game with Kerrigan that made me feel better about her viability.

The problem for Kerrigan is the super assassin-heavy QM metas, where you always have like Li Ming, Greymane, and a zeratul or something. Too much damage flying around, and you pay heavily for any positioning mistake. Meanwhile, Li Ming runs up quad kills.

Also, mage falstad is real. I just ran a QM where I took basically every hammer talent and hinterlands, and I landed a late game triple kill. You just throw the hammer out at a group and immediately shoot off hinterland, and it's a LOT of damage with great range.

Celegus

Submitted one of my less than savory moments to the WTF Moments site, see if it makes it in sometime. It was pretty embarrassing to say the least.

Ketch

it's alright. I'd rather play standard though. had more fun doing aram when it was all gaffers even t hough it was like 2v2 or 3v3

Are you guys gonna be on tonight?

I have a couple heroes I need to get to 5 and I also have a lot of warriors to get to 9 for the 750g from that too.

Ashtrax

Has anyone been hit with the stuttering issues with this game?

My wife's PC started hitting FPS issues while in-game and just other weird glitches at the end of matches after the Li-Ming patch.

Unfortunately it seems to be happening to a lot of people and Blizzard haven't acknowledged anything.

Celegus

Has anyone been hit with the stuttering issues with this game?

My wife's PC started hitting FPS issues while in-game and just other weird glitches at the end of matches after the Li-Ming patch.

Unfortunately it seems to be happening to a lot of people and Blizzard haven't acknowledged anything.

Been fine for me and my wife, no problems at all.

Ketch

now having played a bit more greymane, he's really good too.

He's like old focus attack zeratul except with no stealth.

Also, li Ming is total bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom