• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
So maybe a game like Paragon is a nice side-step! I dunno, I guess I'll try it out. It's free beta luckilly.

Toxicity and stuff doesn't really affect me. I literally don't type anything in chat ever but things like bot/top/gg and such so that doesn't mean much to me in whichever game.

scoobs

So maybe a game like Paragon is a nice side-step! I dunno, I guess I'll try it out. It's free beta luckilly.

Toxicity and stuff doesn't really affect me. I literally don't type anything in chat ever but things like bot/top/gg and such so that doesn't mean much to me in whichever game.
If you're concerned about how long the games are, Paragon is in the same vein as LoL and DOTA, 45 minutes is probably the minimum unless people quit

Alur

If you have an iPad download Vainglory. It's a really good looking MOBA for mobile. Has a pro scene as well. Battle Royale mode where you can get any hero at random (even the ones you don't own) that lasts 7-10 mins per game, and regular mode which is about 15-25 minutes depending on how smart your teammates are/the enemy is.

I don't think Rag is OP, just that Lava Wave is a ridiculously strong defensive/lane push ult. I mean what map is his other ult even viable to pick on? Towers of Doom maybe and...?

How do you Chen? Can't quite get the flow right to really get shit done.

Basically you stand in lane, keg smash, fire breathe, chug, take punches to the face. Be annoying, difficult to kill and body block where appropriate.

If they don't have CC to interrupt your drinking, you're in for a fun game. You can basically blow your resources on keg smash, fire breathe, DoT the wave, DoT your lane opponent, chug and take punches to the face and repeat until either you or your lane opponent has to B for heals. Usually it's them in a 1v1, 2v2 situation where there's no CC. Save the kick to body block an escaping target or to escape provided you have a target to kick to.

If they have CC, you can still be annoying but you gotta be safe with your positioning and dives. Even though Chen can be hard to kill, he can't survive sustained focus of multiple heroes, especially early on. And if you've got nothing to kick to, you've got no escape without his ults.

I'm fine with the damage that lava wave does but I think it's cooldown should probably be raised from 80 seconds to 90 or 100.

For what it does, it's CD is a bit short imo.

edit: I'm also in a dilemma on whether to buy Overwatch loot boxes for xmas skins or Hots xmas skins :(

Xeilyn

So after Breezy talked up Rag in the LoL thread i just couldnt hold out any longer so i installed Hots again for some casual fun. I played during the closed beta and quit a bit after Sylvanas release

Mind giving me a quick top 5 of the strongest heroes?

Maledict

So after Breezy talked up Rag in the LoL thread i just couldnt hold out any longer so i installed Hots again for some casual fun. I played during the closed beta and quit a bit after Sylvanas release

Mind giving me a quick top 5 of the strongest heroes?

Ragnaros for melee assassin.
Diablo & ETC for tank
Malfurion for support, with Auriel next.
Valla and Guldan for ranged damage.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I'd actually put Tychus above Guldan as Gul is a bit more map dependent. Also not sure if the global nerf is enough to knock Brightwing below Auriel yet.

Maledict

I'd actually put Tychus above Guldan as Gul is a bit more map dependent. Also not sure if the global nerf is enough to knock Brightwing below Auriel yet.

I listed Guldan so there was a Mage equivalent as well as a sustained damage deale,r but yes Tychus is also great. Didn't list brightwing because I think she's very hard to play well and not someone I'd recommend to a player just returning to the game. Also Auriel so so much fun... ;-)

Maledict

I'd also say Alarak, Thrall & Zeratul are as good, if not better in some situations than Ragnaros.

Alarak and Zeratul are definitely great, but way too high skill cap to be on a list of strong heroes for someone returning to pick up. Thrall is a great choice though, almost stuck him on the list.

Xeilyn

Thanks guys, was actually looking at both Thrall and Valla. Played alot of Diablo during beta and tried him yesterday, felt unkillable with this rework

How good is Sylvanas right now? I have mastery 10 with her so kinda wanna continue playing her aswell, best maps for her?

I'm an expert

Yeah not saying your list is wrong or anything, we could easily list 10 heroes now that are instant high meta.

My personal 5 would be

ETC
Malf
Tychus
Valla
Xul/Li Ming

Rag def belongs on the list in his current state just from an ease of play standpoint. It's not even that his damage is overtuned right now, it's that he has a great pick up and play feel that recent heroes didn't have. Varian isn't as simple imo.

I'd also put Sylvanas in top 10. Best maps are push with objective maps - shrine, battlefield, braxis.

Alur

I'm fine with the damage that lava wave does but I think it's cooldown should probably be raised from 80 seconds to 90 or 100.

For what it does, it's CD is a bit short imo.

edit: I'm also in a dilemma on whether to buy Overwatch loot boxes for xmas skins or Hots xmas skins :(

It's cooldown is already 100 seconds though.

brian!

They should do something about it, an ult that clears a whole lane, displaces heroes, kills mercs that you timed, has weird gameplay when they are in your base, like yeah do something about it

Might just be a hyperbolic reaction but i still think itd be a good ult if it only affected minions and not mercs, and did less dmg to heroes, like just clearing a lane is so strong already

Alur

It doesn't actually kill mercs, though, or at least I've never seen it do so unless they were already right at dead. Maybe it kills them if they are standing still? It damages them a bit, but not like it does minions or heroes.

I'm still 100% convinced people are sleeping on the Hammer ult. Way lower cooldown, it is not hard to hit, and when you hit it that thing fucks the enemy up. It's going to either get further buffed, or Lava Wave will get nerfed, and he'll still be in a good spot because the second ult would've been fine as his main ult if Lava Wave hadn't existed. Lava Wave is insane fun and is more of a no-brainer than I thought because of the defense mechanism in base, but the other ult is legitimately good.

brian!

Hm i actually havent watched a merc die to it w/ my own eyes but ive seen that lil skull think clear off the map, maybe minions are just instantly finishing the job. But it feelsbadman when you set up two knights to pressure top on dk and go bot prtty confident they will split and it's just like nah the knights were all in your head they never existed in the first place

I think hammer is good, but lava prob too impactful atm, only day 2 tho

The thing about Lava Wave is that even when you hit the wrong lane with it, it still has a massivr impact because that lane will push harder than notel.

Maledict

Diablo at level 20 when stacked has 8000 health, 35% less damage from abilities and a 5 second 25% less damage when he charges. I mean, i understand he doesn't have any escapes but he is realistically the tankless hero in the game at that point, and is significantly harder to kill that ch'gall. It's nuts!

(In a fun, fear the wrestler demon sort of way)

Alur

Diablo is a fucking stud now. It's awesome.

I don't know how his winrate will pan out, but I'll be glad to see something other than just ETC and Muradin as the main tank in every HL/unranked game.

EDIT: Also, can someone detail me the entire Nazeebo spider build that goes bonkers at 20? Cause I feel like it would probably do that anyway by just taking the level 1 spider talent + the 20 talent that ramps up the damage. And you could get the more useful shit in between. You'd miss out on the single target damage talent, but those things are so hard to land on just one target in all the chaos with their Dehaka-tongue-like projectile speed I'm not sure it's worth it over it's competition.

patchday

the worst thing is hero league being only solo play and no duo queues anymore.

Like wat. Team league sucks because of this too. If you're in a duo, your only hope is that there's another team of 3 queueing up too. And not to mention the opponents having to be queued up the same way

blizzard why

really? That makes me want to play HL. I've just been playing casually. I hate how LoL had added the dynamic queue thing and never gave us the soloQ they promised originally. always wanted a real ranked soloQ but since I couldnt get it I just focused on Hearthstone only for ranked play

Paragon is great, but definitely longer matches then hots

Paragon has random card packs with no ability to craft the items you want. I ran away so fast after playing it for a few hrs when it came out. but maybe they addressed it by now somehow. I did noticed they added the weekly card thing

Alur

That was my impression in the one match we played. Bosses seemed like they were mostly useless. Part of that was having Rag on both teams, too, I guess.

scoobs

It's a tricky balance. If they're too strong you can end the game with one or two 100% golems. I saw HORSEPANTS win a mines map in 8 minutes the other night.

scoobs

Ya, so buffing golem damage could very easily tip the balance into snowball territory at this point

Just had my first all murky brawl. That was fun.

Aaaaand just had my first brawl against 3 ragnaros'. DIEEE INSECTS x 500 and we lose lol

I think I should have waited a week or two to do my placements while everything settles. My smurf placed diamond 3, but my main account is losing game after game, and was only diamond 5 by the end of last season. I'm almost afraid to finish my last placements and be placed far below what I think I should.

It's a completely different meta between my two accounts. I always thought the focus morales thing was just a meme, but people really suicide to kill her, and blame others when they target anyone except her.

I'm making mistakes on both accounts because its hard to adapt to both playstyles.

I need to seriously git gud with this patch.

scoobs

I think I should have waited a week or two to do my placements while everything settles. My smurf placed diamond 3, but my main account is losing game after game, and was only diamond 5 by the end of last season. I'm almost afraid to finish my last placements and be placed far below what I think I should.

It's a completely different meta between my two accounts. I always thought the focus morales thing was just a meme, but people really suicide to kill her, and blame others when they target anyone except her.

I'm making mistakes on both accounts because its hard to adapt to both playstyles.

I need to seriously git gud with this patch.

Ditto man, time to get gud

scoobs

42 minute brawl game was just terrible. At least we won.

Ya idk why they think having full length games as brawls is a good idea, kind of defeats the purpose of the game mode. I did just have a pretty epic game as greymane in the brawl though. He just melts the golem bosses

Prelude.

What's happening here with these empty spaces?

xc893tgs1p.jpg

Alur

I am getting straight up morons for teammates today, is this karma for my winstreaks?

Proto and I had leavers in back to back games earlier. Pretty damn rare to see a leaver in diamond...and we got two in a row.

Combine that with what was happening on Rag launch day and it seems it's still a bit fubared with all the Rag players. I only just now played my first game as Rag without one on the other team.

What's happening here with these empty spaces?

Multiple options for that build at that level.

Alur

For all the hype the spider buff got for Naz, his best winrate builds are still almost exclusively Zombie Wall related or go into the Zombie Wall at 7/16 anyway.

Maledict

For all the hype the spider buff got for Naz, his best winrate builds are still almost exclusively Zombie Wall related or go into the Zombie Wall at 7/16 anyway.

Yep, its still the extremely unfun and dumb wall build. He clearly needs further work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom