• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoobs

For all the hype the spider buff got for Naz, his best winrate builds are still almost exclusively Zombie Wall related or go into the Zombie Wall at 7/16 anyway.

Spider build is fucking nuts. One well placed jar will remove 80% of an assassins hp bar. I just fucking nuked chromie into orbit last game and it felt amazing. I think its strong if you're able to hit your spiders consistently, most people cannot cuz most people suck

Spider build is fucking nuts. One well placed jar will remove 80% of an assassins hp bar. I just fucking nuked chromie into orbit last game and it felt amazing. I think its strong if you're able to hit your spiders consistently, most people cannot cuz most people suck
If you can hit chromie anyone nukes her to orbit she's like tracer if tracer moved in slow mo.

scoobs

True, but the damage that spiders do late-game is just fucking absurd, especially after lvl 20 w/ vile poison. I'm crushing on Nazeebo the last couple days.

scoobs

It's just playing quick match on Mines with random heroes. I wouldn't call that painful, I enjoy quick match sometimes. I do think they should quit making brawls full-length matches though, I just don't understand why they do that

I can say pretty confidently that Ragnaros is insane on Mines. Ban him first even after the inevitable nerfs

Alavard

Finally waded into the brawl. Oh, you're giving me the option of Diablo? Don't mind if I do! The two Butchers on the enemy team had no idea the hurt that was coming for them. Sure helped that we had a Morales, and Diablo can protect the fuck out of her.

Diablo has like 8,200 health at level 20... it's crazy. Draft giant killers versus him

Yeah. He's fucking amazing.

Getting the Devils Due talent is stupid as fuck as well. With 100 souls, 1 regen globe heals 40% of your health. I've found myself just never going back to base after 50 souls or so. It's so damn ridiculous.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I still need 28 games played with friends for the overwatch stuff because I don't have any friends who play this. If anyone doesn't mind playing with a total scrub, my battletag is in email tag (quote to reveal):

Boop

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Just used Brightwing to barely save a really dumb team that wouldn't listen to reason. They were so dumb they actually went into the mines when the core was bare on top lane and the whole enemy team went into mines. Fortunately BW has a lot of stupidity-mitigating skills. We definitely would have lost if I went for Lili.

scoobs

I still need 28 games played with friends for the overwatch stuff because I don't have any friends who play this. If anyone doesn't mind playing with a total scrub, my battletag is in email tag (quote to reveal):

Boop
Type /join Nexus Challenge and join groups that are doing it in there.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Cheers folks, didn't know that was a thing.

Anoregon

Is there a specific, I dunno, protocol for that nexuschallenge channel? No one is talking or responding to group invites/requests.

Alur

It goes through dry spells at this point. After all, we're like a full month into the thing being live and lots of people are already done.

just type something like lfg ai rush for nexus challenge

Normally there's groups forming, though, so if not you may have to try at another time.

Another option is to /join New Player Chat and try there.

brian!

he's prob being a bit harsh on her or just thinking that she's not as good as other solos, shes still prtty dece, esp. on boe

scoobs

She's totally fine. They decreased her AA damage and everyone just gives up on her.

Starting to get the hand of Rag boys, fair and balanced hero! feelsgoodman
l8Wa8ba.jpg

Wtf is up with mines I'm 25 minutes into a game and we've still not lost despite me playing at a shifty framerate and mouse only I just wanna finish 3 games as I already missed last week.

edit:fixed

Maledict

The new mines map doesn't work at all. The golems are laughably weak and yet have a ton of health, so you spend half the game just wailing on them pointlessly. I think a tassadar can basically negate their entire damage.

I really think rebuilding the map was a waste of time. It's never going to be picked in competitive, and the game already has twice as many maps as it should have for casual players. I honestly have no idea why they listened to the vocal minority in this one, complete waste of development time.

Let it *go* Blizzard.

Maledict

Can someone give me a famalie translation

The new map lasts way too long, and even when he's playing terribly with a bad PC the game won't end because the map design sucks. All he wants to do is finish the three brawls quickly for the gold as he missed last weeks set.

Zackat

I played the new mines yesterday. Still no good. I would rather play any other map.

Also, are the sweep talents the best ones for Auriel? What do you guys use? I really like how she plays. I need to get a lot better at using her whip thing though.

Milly79

Q quest or speed at 1. Q width at 4 is mandatory IMO and at 13 the pull together or blind is useful as well.

When you finish the Q quest at one it does a sweet animation where she whips them up in the air and slams them down every time.

brian!

yeah if you feel like you arent getting whip value you can go radius it's free easy value and not bad
main thing to remember w/ this talent is that the whole point is to hit more things to 1. get more charge on your passive, 2. to do objectives like infernal shrines, that's where it sees the most use, if you find yourself not really hitting things on the 180o edge of things don't bother

sometimes i forego the blind for more knockback on e which is really useful against certain comps and synergizes w/ the slow after stun at lvl 4, this is more of a map specific choice than a personal choice imo because in levels like spiders you are gonna get infinite
value. damage on e quest is just good value, the numbers are high and it's easy to stack since stacking it involves pushing a threat away

also sometimes you can just forego the q talents at lvl 1 for the w dmg talent which is pretty good on heavy rotation maps or if you have something like valla on your team, you want at least two melee going in and lots of grouping for this talent, it's pretty good. mvpm uses it here partially to make up for lack of dmg in their comp: https://youtu.be/2sdWUqIrc-Q?t=1h1m57s

horsepants has a good writeup on new artanis: https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/5it007/horsepants_artanis_thoughts/
he'll probably be tier 1 if they fix his shield bug

yeah if you feel like you arent getting whip value you can go radius it's free easy value and not bad

sometimes i forego the blind for more knockback on e which is really useful against certain comps and synergizes w/ the slow after stun at lvl 4, this is more of a map specific choice than a personal choice imo because in levels like spiders you are gonna get infinite value

horsepants has a good writeup on new artanis: https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/5it007/horsepants_artanis_thoughts/
he'll probably be tier 1 if they fix his shield bug

What's his shield bug?

mr stroke

I played the new mines yesterday. Still no good. I would rather play any other map.

Also, are the sweep talents the best ones for Auriel? What do you guys use? I really like how she plays. I need to get a lot better at using her whip thing though.

yeah

everyone hates the mines, now they made them worse :|

Shield used to proc before the hit but now he's taking dmg and then proccing, so it's even more effective to poke him and then go in after it's down

Ew

That was my favorite part about him. Making a last stand with 100 HP by constantly getting your shield up.

Hopefully it's a bug and not..an intended change?

scoobs

Reduce damage of basically everything w/ his trait and I think hes fine. Molten Core (and especially Heroic Difficulty) are wildly game changing and OP as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom