• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoobs

Proto and I just beat MFPallytime and Mewn on Haunted Mines. First time on the new map. Seems better. I fed like crazy cause they had so much lockdown. Literally died more in that one game than I had the last two nights combined probably. But we won. Proto got a sick pick on MF/Mewn overcommitting chasing me.

We could feel his salt coming through the other side of the screen.

If you look at your MMR it should have happened after every reset. It's hit mine from anywhere to 250-400 MMR every time on multiple accounts.
Holy shit you're famous. MF is a decent player but his mechanics and positioning are often lacking so he feeds when he plays versus high level players I've noticed.

I love playing versus streamers and pros, I kept killing McIntyre on my Dehaka and he was getting salty on stream lol

Holy shit you're famous. MF is a decent player but his mechanics and positioning are often lacking so he feeds when he plays versus high level players I've noticed.

I love playing versus streamers and pros, I kept killing McIntyre on my Dehaka and he was getting salty on stream lol

McIntyre? I'm sure I've played with him before..

Alavard

Pretty much drunk af do I care though? No I do not

Let's stay on topic though brian wtf stop deviating, you weirdo

I almost played RAg tonight and my impression is he's stil a boss

Slow down, turbo. And I say that as someone currently drinking a 750ml bottle of 14.5% beer.

Edit - actually, this raises a valid question:

Who would be the best hero to play while drunk? I vote ETC. He can be utterly relaxing to play. Slide in, bounce the enemy around, self heal, slide out, nice and slow auto-attacks, and a calming voice.

scoobs

The dream is to play against Mewnfarez and make him rage on stream. Saltiest mother fucker I've ever seen. As soon as his team makes a single tiny mistake hes calling everyone bad and blaming it all on his teammates from there on out.

Would be nice to get destroyed by chu8 once too.

My favorite drunk hero is EASILY cho'gall.

patchday

sup gaf you guys like Rag? Thinking to buy him straight up. I saved gold for him but whatevs I can just spend the gold on the next hero instead

The dream is to play against Mewnfarez and make him rage on stream. Saltiest mother fucker I've ever seen. As soon as his team makes a single tiny mistake hes calling everyone bad and blaming it all on his teammates from there on out.

babyrage: "I HATE MY TEAM"
"I HATE MY VIEWERS"
"I HATE PLAYING SUPPORT"
"I HATE GRUBBY"

:p

Prelude.

I got Ragnaros on my first match of the brawl, without ever trying him out and using what I remembered of the meat ball build mfpallytime used in yesterday's video, we won 20-15. He's pretty cool.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I started to get a handle on Kael but not to the level of my Jaina. How do you Chen? Can't quite get the flow right to really get shit done.

scoobs

Just had a game with a 1-11 nazeebo, and 6-11 illidan. Game was like 18 minutes long. Blizz, why you do dis?

Good news is I smashed w/ Ragnaros and almost carried us to victory but the feeding was just too strong to overcome

So what would you nerf about Rag at this point? Damage on the meatball and Q?

the worst thing is hero league being only solo play and no duo queues anymore.

Like wat. Team league sucks because of this too. If you're in a duo, your only hope is that there's another team of 3 queueing up too. And not to mention the opponents having to be queued up the same way

blizzard why

scoobs

I actually think its for the better. If you want to duo you can play TL, unranked, or QM. I don't see what the problem is?

Guys I think Nazeebo might actually be good now, and its weird.

I actually think its for the better. If you want to duo you can play TL, unranked, or QM. I don't see what the problem is?

Guys I think Nazeebo might actually be good now, and its weird.

but what if I just want to play hero league

it's as bad as riot separating their ranked by adding Flex

scoobs

What is the difference between Hero League duo queue, and Team League duo queue? Why does it have to be Hero League? They're both ranked, they both will net you rewards at end of season, the only difference is you get more coordinated games, which is a positive to me.

What is the difference between Hero League duo queue, and Team League duo queue? Why does it have to be Hero League? They're both ranked, they both will net you rewards at end of season, the only difference is you get more coordinated games, which is a positive to me.

because the queues are beyond fucked for team league

and you know, ranking with a buddy is fun.

WinFonda

I'm an exclusively soloQ grandmaster player so I welcome the solo only change, but i have also just incidentally stopped playing HL... probably till after the holidays anyway, so I can't so how it effects my winrate or matchmaking yet. I'm guessing Blizzard is curious to know this too, since if it has a positive effect, they'll likely want to keep it solo... and if it doesn't, they'll probably be open to going to back to duos. Might make sense to do it on a division by division basis, too.

WinFonda

Mewn is a piece of work. My most recent experience with him was playing support on Garden of Terror with him on my team, and our team played well, and so did he particularly with the terror... we won by a lot... and at the end of the game on the stream he says, "I hate my team. I hate those players. So indecisive"

lmao

scoobs

Its almost as if you're complaining about not being able to duo queue ranked, when you can duo queue ranked.

Like I said, queues are a problem. Hopefully Blizzard can find a solution.

They're gonna nerf Lave Wave damage and its going to be a sad day. I think the ult is fine, people are just too stupid and don't look at their minimaps/listen to the audio queues that warn you to get the fuck out the way.

This is the first hero that really forces players to watch their minimaps, hopefully it will lead to more aware teammates... but i doubt it.

Hellgate is glitched for Diablo(His level 20 talent)

I used it twice, and then it just disappeared from my row. I couldn't use it again. I was playing on Warhead Junction~

I dunno, the Hots roster is starting to get pretty damn big now with Rag and Varian. I'm really starting to notice that you can get fucked in the draft more often if your team mates don't have a large pool of heroes. It feels like there's less of a margin of error if a team mate makes a sub par pick.

I think that they need to either allow 2 bans each for first round or increase the minimum amount of heroes needed for ranked from 15 to 20 or 25.

Allowing players to get into ranked with such few heroes is starting to creep up as a bad decision.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
You guys play Paragon? Literally never heard about it till 5 mins ago.

kirblar

I dunno, the Hots roster is starting to get pretty damn big now with Rag and Varian. I'm really starting to notice that you can get fucked in the draft more often if your team mates don't have a large pool of heroes. It feels like there's less of a margin of error if a team mate makes a sub par pick.

I think that they need to either allow 2 bans each for first round or increase the minimum amount of heroes needed for ranked from 15 to 20 or 25.

Allowing players to get into ranked with such few heroes is starting to creep up as a bad decision.
Once we get more supports next year and they fix the MT issues they def need 2 bans up front.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Maybe I'm ready to graduate hots and try it out. wasn't smite the same thing? Third person moba?

Alur

I like the Team League/Hero League change. My only concern is a lot of people have pretty bad Team League MMR because they just did it with randoms for rewards for the past 2 seasons plus preseason. But there's no reset, so you're stuck in your gold or whatever even though you are actually diamond.

Like I was plat 5 in team league, but never been below diamond 3 in any season on any account.

Means to get a decent TL MMR I'll have to MMR grind again.

Maybe I'm ready to graduate hots and try it out. wasn't smite the same thing? Third person moba?

Yes, similar style in setup. Paragon has more "realistic" graphics I guess you could say. Modern maybe? I was hyped to try it but it basically DOA'd even quicker than HOTS so I figured I'd stay here with the game that has the company that won't give up on it.

scoobs

Well hopefully we can group up and it won't feel like such a grind if we're on mics and having a good time w/ it. I know that last time we played TL I had a hella good time even if I fed like crazy on Morales :D

I'm an expert

The thread in gaming says Paragon hit 5m players..that's how I heard of it lol. Also for me personally not much left to do in HotS until some new maps or modes are rotated. Basically come back for the new hero every month at this point.

scoobs

Brawls and 2 starcraft maps + haunted mines returning isn't enough new mode/maps for ya? You are a demanding consumer :)

I'm an expert

I think I'm the biggest brawl fan here lol. I'm too lazy to add up my losses too but I have ~120 brawl wins right now so like around 200 played. As for the two new maps, I mean I've played them dozens of times at this point but even putting that aside, the mount nerf into a map like Warhead really bummed me out. I wish they had like a new map every 2-3 months policy as well because I can see the same thing happening here that happened to WoW. 10 years later I'm still playing WSG and AB.

Anyway it's not like I'm totally quitting the game but I definitely burned out doing the HL grind from August to October and so now I can just chill out with new characters/brawls for a little bit each month. Also just try to broaden my moba perspectives a bit since this game brought me into the genre. Just not sure I should go to something as time consuming as LoL or Dota..if I did one it'd prolly be Dota but again, just dont think I can see myself dedicating time to sessions that long.

Alur

Depends on how you feel about complexity and toxicity.

League is the logical next step up in both.

Dota is like trying to get your doctorate in mobas while people curse you out in your own language and theirs. It looks pretty, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom