• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maledict

Yep great hero

Id say a q nerf and ult nerf is what rag needs, also he has a ridculous stun defense talent at 13

Yep, that talent is flat out stupid. That combined with the heal on his Q and the resist quest at 4 makes him a LOT more durable than you would think looking at him.

scoobs

To be fair he doesnt have many outs to getting dove on otherwise. 50% -> 40% might be an appropriate nerf there.

I don't find his Q to be that devastating really. I always go Meatball build though because its the most fun.

It's just the aoe really, he hits a melee minion while im standing near the ranged minion and i get chunked

The AoE is wonky because it radiates from the object

LIke, if as Rag, you hit a fort with Q and there's say, a Sylvanas on the opposite side of the building, she'll be hit by the AoE.

Did they do something to the music player? It seems like it's cycling through blizzard tunes way more randomly than it used to.

Speaking of which I would love a Hots OST, those remixes are good.

scoobs

6-1 as Rag. Feelsgoodman

Dying to Molten Core+Lava Wave defense OPOP, feelsbadman
c23.jpg

scoobs

Mines just popped up in normal rotation for me.
Ya it's been there since patch went live, played it a few times myself.

It's no long a snowball map. Much improved

Power has been out at my apartment complex for 6 hours now and I was planning on playing Rag all night.... yyaaaaaaaayyyy

Rain of Destruction seems like a pretty strong ult against Rags possessing a keep when pushing behind an objective, like an Immortal or zerg wave. He seems to melt quick under the ult but then I have yet to be targeted while channeling and his range is pretty ridiculous when doing that.

I get bored of min-max'ing and always picking the same builds and ults. In Quick Match I like picking Rain of Destruction on push-centric objective maps if your team is ahead because it makes defending against the objective obnoxious.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
just 15? if you can actually put the optimal team together, like 60-75 minutes doing 3 min beginner ai runs

Maledict

Rain of Destruction seems like a pretty strong ult against Rags possessing a keep when pushing behind an objective, like an Immortal or zerg wave. He seems to melt quick under the ult but then I have yet to be targeted while channeling and his range is pretty ridiculous when doing that.

Um, he can just cast the rune under you and stun you out of the channel?

scoobs

16 hours later and I have power back in my apartment (knock on wood). Perhaps I'll get to do some placement matches this morning

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Apparently Hyperion is bugged and gains all the properties of Raynor AA talents.
Last night someone cast Hyperion to combo with my Lava Wave. It was super effective. I thought Rain of Destruction would have been a fun addition, then Sundering and Sindragosa for pure insanity.

Alavard

Apparently Hyperion is bugged and gains all the properties of Raynor AA talents.

That's actually an interesting bug, because it gives me an idea: what if that's how his Banshees worked? Might create a reason to actually take that heroic once in a while, and since it's a single target at a time, might not be overpowered.

Maledict

Somehow they made a brawl worse than Hammertime.

Fuck me the new one is bad. One team gets Ragnaros - they win. It lasts forever because the new map is abominably badly designed. You have to blind pick into heroes you don't know.

I really cannot get how they keep making Brawls that are so, so unfun and absolutely not what they advertised the mode as being. And also, fuck the new map.

Alur

I've actually liked the return of Haunted Mines (the map, not the brawl) since coming back minus the length of the games. Golems are def too weak, and it's exacerbated by Ragnaros extending games like crazy too due to his ability to defend.

The brawl, though...yikes. Fun and fast it is not.

I'm totally down with gettting 1k and a nice little portrait every week, but yeah they REALLY need to step up the brawls. The original Punisher brawl and the Nova brawl were fun, but the rest have been pretty mediocre.

Zackat

I've actually liked the return of Haunted Mines (the map, not the brawl) since coming back minus the length of the games. Golems are def too weak, and it's exacerbated by Ragnaros extending games like crazy too due to his ability to defend.

The brawl, though...yikes. Fun and fast it is not.

yeah the main problem I have with it is the length it takes to do the map. Ragnaros makes it even worse.

Altairre

Want to get back into this game. My team in the first match: Zera (me), Nova, Gazlowe, Anub, Hammer

That's quickmatch alright!

Edit: We won, yay! First time I see the MVP system in action and it was me, more yay. Even so I have to admit that my Zera is super rusty. New talents are dope though.

Alur

Not fighting. Just saying, I took a lot of shit in this thread in the past for arguing with people who were just shitting on the game just to shit on it. Got that nifty "thread sheriff" title and all.

People not liking a brawl or whatever, I mean, I don't understand why that's a problem. Telling them they can just not play it is not a valid argument. It's basically I know you are but what am I.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Alur

Shit based Yoshichan in the house. scoobs would've really flipped his shit if you were still in thread haha

EDIT: You still play HOTS any Yoshi or did you move on for good? The quest to get Yoshi to play Murky was top 5 moments in thread.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I've never been this loved and hated at the same time, I miss ya'll so fucking much. Can't say the very same about the game though, which I have indeed stopped playing a few months back. I never did burn myself out (as some people might've thought was the case with me disappearing from the community so sudden). I started playing HotS intensively during a period of my life where I was feeling really, REALLY bad about my life situation. This community helped me a lot and playing/talking to some of you people while playing the game was one of the most enjoyable video-game moments in my life. But then life started to take another direction, a better one, and suddenly I couldn't spend 16h/d with this game. And I hated myself for "only" playing 2-3 hours/d, which eventually led to me stopping the game all together.

Sorry for the long post but I just felt like some of you deserved to hear what the heck happened. Out of all Blizzard-game-communities on GAF, Heroes (unexpectedly) turned out to be the best one.

So thank you.

Alur

<3

Glad things are going well man!

If you ever decide to come back, the game has definitely improved quite a bit the past year. Also...Ragnaros, Zarya, etc. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom