• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKAllDay

What is the standard frequency of new hero releases and how far in advanced are they normally announced? I started playing around Samuro release and following him was the Varian/Rag Blizzcon announcement and their subsequent releases so I don't know how it works normally without Blizzcon announcements.

Alur

Lately they've announced a pair of heroes and released them and after both are out, they announce the next pair.

This time will be different, though, due to the holidays. We probably won't hear anything til after the New Year. Vol'jin is the next one, we presume, based on a teaser shown at Gold Club World Championships, but we've heard nothing else since then AFAIK.

What is the standard frequency of new hero releases and how far in advanced are they normally announced? I started playing around Samuro release and following him was the Varian/Rag Blizzcon announcement and their subsequent releases so I don't know how it works normally without Blizzcon announcements.

Usually you see an announcement within 2-3 weeks of the last released hero that was known coming.

I'm hoping for Fenix or Genji, just anything but a Warcraft hero.

Usually theyll be announced a month ahead, then put out on ptr the 3rd week after, and released the week after that

Unless they do a bundle of announcements like Varian and Rag, in which case theyll release wach one after another, every month.

Alavard

Yeah, it would mean even more Warcraft heroes in a row, but I think it would be perfect if we got Vul'jin next followed by Zul'jin right after. Trolls for days!

Alur

I don't mind more Warcraft heroes unless there's some canonical hero we're missing from SC or Diablo. I can't think of anyone I'd rather have in game than (finally) a troll.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah, it would mean even more Warcraft heroes in a row, but I think it would be perfect if we got Vul'jin next followed by Zul'jin right after. Trolls for days!

Ya the lack of trolls in this game is frankly disgusting.

I don't mind more Warcraft heroes unless there's some canonical hero we're missing from SC or Diablo. I can't think of anyone I'd rather have in game than (finally) a troll.

Lucio or Zenyatta :O

Too bad they've said that we're not getting any supports anytime soon :/

Alur

Tyrande with Zenyatta? Say what lol. The damage amplifier, sure, but several heroes have that. Zen's healing is completely different (more like Morales) and his orbs can be utliized however they please for his damage IMO.

Lucio's passive will be a problem, yes, since it already exists to some degree on Brightwing. I'm not sure how they'd bring him in as anything but a speed bot, which is kind of what he is in OW now I guess.

Milly79

Wouldn't Mercy be more similar to Morales? Although she has a little Tyrande and Auriel in her, lol. And then I guess Ana is similar to Uther with the skill shots and Morales with the stim. There's way too much overlap with OW and HoTS supports like you said.

brian!

I think they could all work but im more like dread when it comes to supports, i dont really care about w/e heal gimmick they come out w/ next and care more about playmaking potential

Alur

Mercy and Zen have similar healing to Morales, yeah. They can find ways to flavor that stuff up though.

Ana is not like anyone in her core gameplay, really. Uther only has one skillshot and it's not even his primary heal. To actually have to hit every skillshot to get any heals at all would be interesting. Stim is like Morales, yeah, but her ult could easily just be the sleep.

Kioshen

Tyrande for Zenyatta was a strech I can admit but it was mostly because she has a built-in an on-demand "Discord orb" and her healing output is pretty low like Zenyatta. You pick Zenny when you need a little more DPS just like Tyrande. In any case, as much as I want another support in hots I don't think it'll come from the Overwatch section of Blizzard.

brian!

Like i feel it wouldnt be hard at all to differentiate between lucio and bw, all you have to do is accentuate their specializations
The main difficulty w/ lucio is that theyd have to amp up their time frame for getting storm shield out of the game and that ms boosts are hard to balance in this game

Alur

Movement speed (stacking with mount speed) to get from place to place would be OP. Not sure what it would do in fights. I feel like there's so many slows in the game that you spend most of every fight slowed or just pumped back to base speed anyway.

brian!

it does lots in fights (think of bw e w/o the block, u def feel the power behind ms), used to be standard on etc when it was 20%, ms does lots in other mobas for everything but in hots it's gonna be relegated to off-mount stuff, which is still nice

latest
if u think of circles of influence in mobas it basically buffs your ability to move them around, lucio was also used to this effect in higher lvl overwatch (a lot in season 1), where the speed boost was like many magnitudes more valuable than the heal boost. it's different in a point and click game but a lot of the benefits still exist. and like ostensibly lucio would have an aoe for it. but yeah I agree that lucio is probably too much of a headache to adapt to hots atm

Alavard

Ok, so everyone's top 3 heroes released this year? From a design, fun, meta, or whatever standpoint.

I think mine would have to be, in no particular order:

Auriel - A healer with solid waveclear and can make plays, and a ton of great talent choices. I love the frantic nature of her gameplay.

Alarak - Great poke, sustain, and I love how he can mess up tanks. And again, he can really make plays if you master his telekinesis.

Medivh - I love the complexity of Medivh's kit. At any given time he has to think about what he's doing, and always needs to make a choice about when to be in raven form scouting. I'm not great with Medivh, and I love that he challenges me to play better and better.

How about everyone else? Sounds like Ragnaros will be on most of your lists. I've got nothing against him, and he's probably in my upper half of heroes from this year, but he's just not my style so much.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Medivh, Xul, Dehaka would be my top 3 this year. Wish I had more opportunities where I could pick Medivh.

Just played my third brawl game for the portrait and gold.

Got a Kerrigan on my team that never once went into the mines, and was literally never with the team. Whenever I asked for help the person berated me in Spanish. I translated one to find he was saying "suck black dick". What a game.

Streaming is weird, it's so personal like watching reality TV only actually real. So like last week Karen is streaming and telling everyone she's going to see fan, then today bam they broke up.
I didn't sign up for this, I only wanted to watch some professional hots.

Also there's some dude called kbro who's somehow at fault but it's not Kenma which he reemphasizes on and apparently it's someone from Tempo but fan deleted the tweet where he called them out.

Unrelated to that or idk akaface called Naventic out on something and bige is still the chillest dude in the mix.

scoobs

Wait Fan actually had a girlfriend? I took him for a basement dweller, good for him. So some other pro player is banging his girl, is that what I'm reading?

Wait Fan actually had a girlfriend? I took him for a basement dweller, good for him. So some other pro player is banging his girl, is that what I'm reading?
Fan is pretty buff why would he be a basement dweller? I was more surprised he had an online relationship.

Fan and Karen always streamed hots together. Karen's actually a pretty good player.

Milly79

Wtf famalie lol totally stole my post. I need more info. I saw another tweet that said keep it classy naventic dunno if it's related

It's funny you called out alur for shit talking yesterday without info but scoobs just did that lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom