• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian!

ahahaha. Let's hope the league gets some sponsors back eventually.

That's mean, being unlikeable is still better than being like jake completely unremarkable.

pogchamp.png

Late to the party but Varian's fun. I really like the parry mechanic, it's really satisfying and rewarding when you use it to block or nullify certain attacks. What I don't particularly like that it takes so long for the multi-class function to come online, even though your talent choices are sort of leading up to the role you're going to choose, especially if you're the "tank" on your team.

Prot Varian's great, between taunt and the stun, it's so great for locking down targets. I haven't had much luck with Arms Varian and sort of prefer Fury as the dps spec because it's got more utility outside of teamfighting.

Kind of glad I waited on buying him and tried him out for free. Don't think he's a hero I'll buy anytime soon.

scoobs

Late to the party but Varian's fun. I really like the parry mechanic, it's really satisfying and rewarding when you use it to block or nullify certain attacks. What I don't particularly like that it takes so long for the multi-class function to come online, even though your talent choices are sort of leading up to the role you're going to choose, especially if you're the "tank" on your team.

Prot Varian's great, between taunt and the stun, it's so great for locking down targets. I haven't had much like with Arms Varian and sort of prefer Fury as the dps spec because it's got more utility outside of teamfighting.

Kind of glad I waited on buying him and tried him out for free. Don't think he's a hero I'll buy anytime soon.

Ya kind of my thoughts on him as well. Prot is the only spec I think can be played in competitive play, but his other two are fun for pub stomping. I usually take all melee heroes to level 10 really quickly, but Varian I'm probably leaving at 9 for a long, long time. He's just not that fun?

Alur

Damn, Fan broke down a bit on stream. Teared up. I missed whatever the hell happened between those two, but apparently he's pretty upset about it. Lots of references to trust and honesty and the like.

Alur

Someone asked him about Zuna and he said how he respects how aggressive he is and willing to try to make a play. Basically seemed like he was getting at that he felt Zuna plays more like the Korean teams play.

Maledict

Someone asked him about Zuna and he said how he respects how aggressive he is and willing to try to make a play. Basically seemed like he was getting at that he felt Zuna plays more like the Korean teams play.

Zuna's a good player and the way the crowds jeer at him is pure dumb. HotS needs more players like him.

And re Bakery Brian, it's interesting because he explains in detail every talent choice, where he is moving to, what the team should be doing and why - and also when he makes a mistake and what he should have done. It's way more detailed than any other streamer, and if he streamed more I'd happily sub because it's by far and away the most informative stream. You really get an insight into pro level thinking and supports from him.

scoobs

So why did Denial leave HOTS? This first HGC season is gonna be weird with all these no sponsor teams with stupid names facing each other :D

Spent my day today farming tomatoes. I'm not going to blame this entirely on my teammates, but what I saw today in terms of pure incompetence, and embarrassing decision making was nothing short of stunning.

Damn, Fan broke down a bit on stream. Teared up. I missed whatever the hell happened between those two, but apparently he's pretty upset about it. Lots of references to trust and honesty and the like.

Whoever said Fan is a basement dweller might not have been completely incorrect, he called himself introverted in a twitlonger.
He also name dropped KBro again on stream.
So why did Denial leave HOTS? This first HGC season is gonna be weird with all these no sponsor teams with stupid names facing each other :D

Spent my day today farming tomatoes. I'm not going to blame this entirely on my teammates, but what I saw today in terms of pure incompetence, and embarrassing decision making was nothing short of stunning.

that hurts. Where the HL matches at least actual games?

brian!

i dont think it's good for fan to put stuff out there, minimal as it is, and I hope he has some sort of support network outside of the internet because even w/ all the nice support there is bound to be a lot of shit thrown at him that he really doesn't need right now

i dont think it's good for fan to put stuff out there, minimal as it is, and I hope he has some sort of support network outside of the internet because even w/ all the nice support there is bound to be a lot of shit thrown at him that he really doesn't need right now

Nah

Whats gonna happen is karen is going to get alot of shit her way. Yeah you can feel bad for fan, but thats only 1 side of the story. I could care less for him talking about it on stream for that reason. Viewers arent his friends.

brian!

Yeah agree, i dont think that contradicts anything i said lol. But in general throwing this shit out there is bad for both imo

Yeah agree, i dont think that contradicts anything i said lol. But in general throwing this shit out there is bad for both imo

Oh, I just disagreed with your sentiment that fans gonna get shit thrown at him. I doubt he will, knowing the internets leaning. Otherwise I agree with you

brian!

I just meant like incidental stream monster shit or ppl trying to fuk with him, but yeh he is the most loved player in na hots

best suggestion ive seen for dts name change so far is "srey it aint so"

Alur

Mac keeps taking them L's.

Now he lost Denial as a sponsor right after he joins the team. It's really amazing how this kind of stuff often happens to him.

Alur

Yep. And whatever happened with Complexity where he went from captain/shotcaller to not on the team prior to one of the RTBC rounds. And the NVT stuff. Him and Glau are def the bad news bears of NA HOTS.

Does Glau have any other stories than tempo? He kinda left cog and then joined within a week. Early this year and they left the org over money issues.

Glau getting kicked from Tempo was right when I started watching Hots, was there anything before that?

scoobs

I stopped the bleeding, but it wasn't due to my teammates lack of trying to throw, that is for sure. We were completely obliterating them (correction, I was obliterating them) and our Valla decides to solo lane top at level 16 and die immediately after being warning pinged 10 times. We spiral out of control into full throw territory as my team starts dying one by one to complete idiocy. Luckily we reach level 20 first somehow still and big red button does the rest. I am astounded at the level of garbage I'm playing with right now.

Alur

Blizzard must have been in the giving mood for the holidays today.

We went 6-0 in Team League (me, Milly, proto). Milly filled, I played Valla 5 times, and proto played Diablo 4 or 5 times. Just straight stomps almost exclusively.

As usual, though, we always say "let's do one more". Went into QM, riparooni win streak. Lump of coal confirmed.

Celegus

Finally tried out Ragnaros and he feels great. 100k hero damage MVP and 1 death in my first game without even looking at his talents before. Me likey.

scoobs

Finally tried out Ragnaros and he feels great. 100k hero damage MVP and 1 death in my first game without even looking at his talents before. Me likey.
Rag is a fucking joy to play. Not sure there's ever been a hero/champ with a cooler, more unique design than Rag regardless of what your moba of choice is.

Finally got him to 9, been slacking because I've been playing so much HL. Now begins the long grind to 10

patchday

merry christmas!

Looking forward to Rag dropping down to 10k so I can snatch him up. Played with him a bit in Brawl and he was a blast to play

[edit] Oh snap he's already 10k gold had no idea! Bought :D

lol only hero I am missing right now is Medivh. Not sure when I will buy though

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Rag is really awesome. Unique and great feeling kit. He joins my list of heroes that feel "just right" to their concept and in any situation with their particular moves: Zagara, Uther, Auriel, Xul, Rexxar, Jaina, Brightwing

Others can be particular to only certain situations, or something feels a bit off in execution, but these feel so good to me.

Zackat

I am liking Zarya a lot. Still trying to figure the best way to use her ults though. Is the one that pushes people away considered the best? How do you guys use it?

I am liking Zarya a lot. Still trying to figure the best way to use her ults though. Is the one that pushes people away considered the best? How do you guys use it?
Yes expulsion zone is the better heroic due to its lower CD and being able to use it to peel or trap opponents. Peeling meaning keeping opponents away from your teammates so they can't damage them. To trap opponents you throw it in front of them preferably in a chokehold so they can't run.
For instance you can throw it onto an enemy gate so they can't pass it to get to safety. Another usage is to perma displace them by pushing them against terrain/structure making them unable to use channeled abilities in addition.

Zackat

Ah I hadn't thought to use it to stop them from channeling something before they even do it. Probably pretty good against guldan. I'm gonna go play some more games with her. She might be my favorite hero to play since Johanna released.

brian!

yeah shes great against guldan
happy holidayz folks

btw I gotta say that hots in dec. 2016 vs. hots in 2015 with the tryandepocalypse is a really good sign for balance

scoobs

Played 2/3 brawls so far. Its Cursed Hollow sped up. This is terrible. Snowballs can be largely ignored completely.

Alur

Snowballs ignored completely? What? It's all about the snowballs. The extra damage and slow and wave clear is amazing. You can generally tell who is using them properly by how the match goes unless the teams are majorly unbalanced.

scoobs

I guess I'm just unlucky then, my teams have been so fucking demolished that snowballs havent really mattered in my games. Each game has had about 30 deaths on my team and 4-5 on the other.

Anyone else kind of bummed Lava Wave is worthless in team fights now that it doesn't do shit for hero damage?

Its just an XP ult now and that is sad for such a cool ability.

Alur

Agreed it does seem very snowbally. We either dominated or just barely held on before losing, mostly due to comps. I think we faced double Rag two or three times and those were awful games for us.

Had a HL game earlier playing as Rehgar with a Thrall and Diablo.

Diablo is damn near unstoppable with bloodlust. We completely decimated them in every teamfight in less than 10 seconds. Bloodlust is damn amazing with earthquake to.

Kioshen

Agreed it does seem very snowbally. We either dominated or just barely held on before losing, mostly due to comps. I think we faced double Rag two or three times and those were awful games for us.

I faced double rag and double sylv. Was a slow painful death. Lanes just kept being pushed in.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Hey all, a friend just got me into HotS last night, and I'm really enjoying learning the ropes as it's my first moba (awww, etc.)

Anyhoo, I'm going for the Nexus challenge and I was wondering if there's any risk associated with linking my Battle.net account with my PS4 for Overwatch rewards.

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question. A couple of months ago I spoke with a Blizzard support rep who helped me recover my account, and he told me linking my Battle.net account would reset console progress... Now they're promoting the link feature with the cross-game goodies, and I doubt there's any reason to worry, but just wanted to check with folks here first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom