• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know the details to be fair. Might be they are amping up the infrastructure coach, housing, support, etc. It sounds pretty bad but with everyone else jumping on the deal and signing new players instantly I'd be surprised if they got very shortchanged.

Also Hots was #4 prize money esport in 2016

Maledict

jHow is toxic af watched him stream today and he went into tramleague with a 5 stack of people he rarely if ever played with. He's gonna shot call and asks some questions beforehand how they usually do it.

Literally in the first minute one of his calls is ignored and he spends the next 2 minutes complaining about it, while not shot calling and complaining about his team not doing things he didn't ask of them.

The game continues to go poorly and it's the first he loses in quite some time, which leads to another minute long tirade.

Really soured my opinion of him.

Oh and HongCono joined Miracle, I really don't know who's the A and Battle team anymore. Miracle also got Dami.

Yep, I saw the same behaviour on his stream last week re toxicity. Really lowered my opinion of him as well.

scoobs

Surprises me to hear Jhow is a toxic player, his YouTube videos are so good and his casting is mostly very good and informative, although he does say the word "posturing" about 46 times a match, which is.... totally not annoying me.

matmanx1

Auriel's Resurrection ult is truly garbage. Like it's worse than Sylvanas' old second ult.

I've played very little Auriel but she seems like she's a very powerful and capable healer. I have been a little bit confused about her ults though. The rez, as you say, seems really situational while the crystal thing seems like it would be tough to get the most value out of.

Does putting someone into the crystal prevent them from being damaged for those 2 seconds until it explodes?

In the brawl when you're playing Dehaka and pulling a victim to their doom just to have your teammate snowball them away and they escape... —_—

Prelude.

When people don't commit to fights in VS AI.

645uks0r.jpg

Vimes

Annoying xmas music plays in shops for months.

Holiday brawl with amazing Cursed Hollow reskin is only a week, during which I'm busy with family stuff
and playing the Destiny winter event

Life is shit.

Alur

Master in QM. Milly and I both. Leavers in two straight games.

Da fuq is up with this the past few weeks. I can't even remember the last time I saw a real leaver/dc prior to December.

Alur

Leavers in 3 of 4 games, but the third one did come back. He just played worse than the bot that replaced him, which is saying something honestly.

I've played very little Auriel but she seems like she's a very powerful and capable healer. I have been a little bit confused about her ults though. The rez, as you say, seems really situational while the crystal thing seems like it would be tough to get the most value out of.

Does putting someone into the crystal prevent them from being damaged for those 2 seconds until it explodes?

The crystal puts your teammate in stasis, preventing all damage. It can be game changing in a teamfight. Especially when you've got a diver on your team, it can change focus, stop your diver from taking too much damage too soon (heal them at 20), cause some AoE damage and let the rest of your team get in the mix. When used proactively, it's fantastic. It's less useful when it's used defensively on a nearly dead teammate.

I just have never been in a situation where resurrection was ever as useful. I rarely see it successfully used when it's chosen.

reduce channel time, 3 seconds is ludicrous. To get any value from it you gotta be able to do it midfight but your opponents gotta have time enough to interrupt. Say 1.5-1.75 seconds. Could make for some sick unstoppable, comps Sanc + Resurrect or such.

scoobs

Even then, you're blowing important cooldowns to save someone who is already dead, that you could have saved w/ Aegis in the first place.

I think Resurrect will just always be the bad pick, Blizz is ok with some heroics being "bad" in competitive but fun to use otherwise as long as win rates are good.

Auriels win rate is kind of shit right now, and resurrect is particularly struggling at 42%... might be time for a look

Kioshen

Master in QM. Milly and I both. Leavers in two straight games.

Da fuq is up with this the past few weeks. I can't even remember the last time I saw a real leaver/dc prior to December.

That KT was acting real cocky too during that game. I could have killed him so many times if arthas bot was doing something useful.

Alavard

I'm trying so hard not to be salty right now.

Unranked match opens up and I'm first pick. Leader asks what I'd like to take, and I hover over and end up taking Diablo. Enemy team counters with Tychus - damn, but at least we can avoid taking a second warr - fuck, team leader just took Johanna. Rest of the draft goes just as badly. We end up with Li-Ming as our only damage dealer, and our last two take Li Li and Rehgar. Enemy team ends up being Malf, Tyrael, Jaina, Tychus, Samuro.

We get all of 3 kills the whole match, because we simply can't do any damage.

In retrospect, I even made a bad choice going for Diablo as first pick. Bah.

Milly79

Not your fault. Diablo is first pick material. That's one thing I hate about unranked. People say "BREH IT'S JUST FOR FUN".

Like erm, no. QM is just for fun.

scoobs

Unranked is mostly for fun, but picking Johanna after a Diablo first pick is borderline asinine. That's someone who just had their mind made up they're playing Johanna and fuck all the rest of you, hate those types

Alavard

Unranked is mostly for fun, but picking Johanna after a Diablo first pick is borderline asinine. That's someone who just had their mind made up they're playing Johanna and fuck all the rest of you, hate those types

Right? And if he had just hovered Johanna I would have played a non tank. Only thing I can think of otherwise is that he didn't realize Diablo is a solo tank after his changes. But even when he was at his most bruisery, you still wouldn't pair him with Johanna against tychus.

The only reason I guess I felt odd afterward for first picking Diablo is that it felt like tyrael countered me hard. His Sanctification made either heroic really hard to use without each of us trying to bait the other.

scoobs

Ya, sanct counters like everything in the game so that was a pretty solid counter to your Diablo.

I keep finding myself going back to Samuro in HL and winning all my games with him. I just fucking love this hero man.

I don't even think he's that good. Pretty bad team fighter, ok ults but def not top tier, and mediocre wave clear. It's his ability to merc, delete squishes, and control the flow of the game that makes him so much fun.

Alur

Learned from the best.

After a combined like 4-12, think that's enough for one night.

And to clarify, I didn't rage quit a game. I just quit HOTS after a game.

Maledict

At least it's fully random instead of picking.

Which means it will have the same problems as last time, and actually be less fun than a standard custom game. Yay.

Tychus is a monster right now. I'm failing to see a complete where he wouldn't fit - I even had him in a zero tank quick match and still ended up highest hero damage in the game. Definitely need to practise him more.

scoobs

Just had that guy in my last game who fed the entire game, complained about nobody helping him not die "where were the body blocks?" "why is no one going in with me?!?" Naturally he says we should all give up and just let them end when they took out our 3 forts, but we still had our keeps.

Long story short, we end up getting a full team wipe on the enemy team, get the turn ins, and the boss at the same time, and run through their fort and keep to kill the core LITERALLY 2 MINUTES AFTER HE SAID TO GIVE UP :D

Fuck that guy, felt so good to immediately win the game after he tried to quit.

Also... scabobos w/ the MVP per usual. Gul'Dank so hot right now

brian!

Which means it will have the same problems as last time, and actually be less fun than a standard custom game. Yay.

Tychus is a monster right now. I'm failing to see a complete where he wouldn't fit - I even had him in a zero tank quick match and still ended up highest hero damage in the game. Definitely need to practise him more.

Yah he's great, super fun to play too

Maledict

Yah he's great, super fun to play too

My issue is when to go Odin versus Laser. I think right now I'm better off with Laser, simply because I feel weaker in Odin form than when I'm Tychus. also when to do "in The Rhythm" and when to go "the bigger they are" is an interesting choice as well.

brian!

Yeah not enough ppl go bigger they are, pretty broken talent in a lot of situations, gives crazy burst heal if you take the lifesteal talent (plus it's bugged right now to work on evasion i believe). For laser vs. odin there are a couple of things to consider, but you can figure out the best choice but thinking it out step by step. Odin gives aoe and instantaneous nuke, you give up on your passive but gain 25% res, very good if you are the main backline, there are long fights, and they are divey and very good on static objectives like infernal. Benefits of laser include bodyblocking (great on dshire for example), retaining your passive, and a really strong 20 talent, but it's an easy ult to waste due to low range and health. Good for interrupt obj like cursed or standing ones like sky temple (though odin is very good on map styles like sky temple). Lots of ppl pick laser to retain their passive and that's fine. Bloodlust/odin isnt talked about enough, put neosteel coating on top of that and he's too beastly

Alur

I know I'm probably in the minority with this hot take, but man...Kyle on ITN has fallen down the rabbit hole of his own ego more and more over the past few months.

He has a very high opinion of his play and his analysis, but when I listen to his analysis, at least 60% of the time I find it to be common sense or just misinformed and jumping to a conclusion. Which would be fine if he didn't deliver like it was the gospel, with Garrett playing hype man the whole time.

Listening to him talk about HL this week (and then, even worse, eSports which he barely follows)...I mean, it's my favorite HOTS podcast, but damn. Dude's gotta get better with his ego/info or pump the brakes a bit IMO.

kirblar

I know I'm probably in the minority with this hot take, but man...Kyle on ITN has fallen down the rabbit hole of his own ego more and more over the past few months.

He has a very high opinion of his play and his analysis, but when I listen to his analysis, at least 60% of the time I find it to be common sense or just misinformed and jumping to a conclusion. Which would be fine if he didn't deliver like it was the gospel, with Garrett playing hype man the whole time.

Listening to him talk about HL this week (and then, even worse, eSports which he barely follows)...I mean, it's my favorite HOTS podcast, but damn. Dude's gotta get better with his ego/info or pump the brakes a bit IMO.
....those two dudes are like the most casual dudes on the planet? What on earth are they doing with serious commentary lol

Alur

Over the past few months Kyle has become increasingly the authority on the meta and everything else, at least in the way it's presented on the show. He got into Diamond, then cracked into Masters just barely at the end of the season. Garrett constantly telling him how great and smart he is doesn't help, I'm sure.

The funny part is they have talked multiple times about players riding into Diamond and higher on one or two OP heroes and how those players frustrate Kyle to play with because they are one trick ponies, but Kyle readily admits to doing the same thing every season with his two or three picks, like exploiting Tychus last season when no one was picking him or banning him.

Alur

I just don't get passing off information that many other players have as some kind of groundbreaking details that come only from the enlightenment of deep study.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom