• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

Hey all, a friend just got me into HotS last night, and I'm really enjoying learning the ropes as it's my first moba (awww, etc.)

Anyhoo, I'm going for the Nexus challenge and I was wondering if there's any risk associated with linking my Battle.net account with my PS4 for Overwatch rewards.

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question. A couple of months ago I spoke with a Blizzard support rep who helped me recover my account, and he told me linking my Battle.net account would reset console progress... Now they're promoting the link feature with the cross-game goodies, and I doubt there's any reason to worry, but just wanted to check with folks here first.
Do they combine your OW/PS4 profiles into one for OW if you link? Only thing I can think of. You definitely want to link for the Tracer freebie.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Do they combine your OW/PS4 profiles into one for OW if you link? Only thing I can think of. You definitely want to link for the Tracer freebie.

I don't have OW on PC, but it would be a total bummer if PS4 progress resets to zero.
Just want to make sure others have had no problems before I press the button.

Yeah, Tracer, Zarya, Oni Genji... I'm starting to feel the Blizzard love lately!

scoobs

lMpL1.gif

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Hah. I took the kind advice above, and it worked fine. Nothing to worry about. Thanks :)

Would someone be able to help me do the Nexus challenge?
I know this is probably a lot to ask, and everyone's already done it, but if someone wouldn't mind rinsing through it with me, I'd really appreciate it!

Alur

If you just want to knock it out quick, the quickest way is via joining the Nexus Challenge channel and rushing beginner AI games with other players looking to complete it for the Genji skin.

/join nexuschallenge

And then join whatever group is forming (though there are likely less of them now than there were in November). Add one of the people to friends and go to town.

If you want to do it the old fashioned way that might be a bit of a slog if you don't already have built in friends. Most of the GAF players have schedules all over the place, and are split between EU and NA .

Prelude.

Honestly if you want something approaching fair match and comp avoid QM. But i will add that even when i got match like yours i will never bet on the end results. Sometimes the 5 man premade is atrocious.
They were perfectly in sync all the time, it wasn't even a contest. But I'm still "new" to the game so QM is all I'm playing for now. I feel like I still don't know enough about the characters to try ranked.

56517sdb.jpg

These are the characters I own (Raynor, Greymane, Tracer, Auriel from those in rotation) and only those at level 1.X and up are characters I can say I "know" about, since I've actually used them for at least a full, not brawl, match, so I have a good idea of what they can do when I face them.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
If you just want to knock it out quick, the quickest way is via joining the Nexus Challenge channel and rushing beginner AI games with other players looking to complete it for the Genji skin.

/join nexuschallenge

And then join whatever group is forming (though there are likely less of them now than there were in November). Add one of the people to friends and go to town.

If you want to do it the old fashioned way that might be a bit of a slog if you don't already have built in friends. Most of the GAF players have schedules all over the place, and are split between EU and NA .

Thank you for the suggestion! I tried that just now and found a friendly soul who was willing to help. Gonna finish the rest tomorrow.

Troll Warlord with Axe's execute and Huskar's berzerker speed boost at low health, Zul'Jin looks sick. I'll definitely pick him up at 10k. As for the cosmetic stuff, the trend of me not spending actual money on HotS continues.

I don't know what they're thinking with that Chromie skin. That's, just, no. Chromie is going to be my second level 20 and I ain't touching that with a ten foot pole.

1-1-2-1 vs 5, thanks for the stomp, matchmaking.

Stacks in QM don't always mean a stomp, often it's just a bunch of random people friending and grouping up for the bonuses and events.

Zackat

Amani Battle Bear being bundled with Zul'Jin makes sense, it's a drop from a troll raid.

I know it makes sense thematically. But I just don't like them bundling the characters together with a mount as often as they do. If they make more money this way, that's fine. I can live with it.

Neither do I, which is why I stopped spending money on this game a while ago. Part of it is just reaching a saturation point, I only play so many heroes and use very few cosmetics, and the other is their pricing/bundle schemes.

kirblar

A big reason for the Mount Bundles is likely because if someone buys a hero with gold they can't buy a skin-only bundle. (This is dumb and they should change it.)

patchday

Hm, last year there was 50% off everything sale. I guess that's not happening apparently. Granted I've gotten out the habit of buying skins for all my characters. Last year I must've spent so much during that half off sale...

patchday

oh? Was Malf's new skin discounted? been kinda wanting that one.

Oh wow this Brawl is pretty long. Guess they noticing a lot of us only Brawl & Coop AI-- trying to ease us back into quickmatches and the meat of the game I guess.

[edit] Really enjoy the nice attitude in Brawl (knocking on Wood tho). Even when we lose people are good sports and say 'gg'. Everyone knows we just there to get our gold

patchday

I like all the new skins. Genie Chromie looks kinda hot :)

That new Troll tho- omg he looks like so much fun. HoTS has been on fire lately rolling out lots of great new heroes.

I still remember when I first started (right at release). Many of my favorite heroes were so bad- Kerrigan, Arthas, etc. But at somepoint a fire got lit under the balance team and made this game a lot more fun

I wish that Amani bear mount looked as good in WoW as it does in this game.

I wish that WoW's player character models looked as good in WoW as they do in HotS. Or even that some of the classes functioned in similar ways to HotS characters. Like if Brewmasters had active damage mitigation that looked as cool as Chen's.

I wish that WoW's player character models looked as good in WoW as they do in HotS. Or even that some of the classes functioned in similar ways to HotS characters. Like if Brewmasters had active damage mitigation that looked as cool as Chen's.

Yeah, definitely. Every time I see a character in Heroes it just makes me want them to look that nice in WoW. Worgen and goblin in particular. If the worgen looked as good as Greymane does in this game they might be my favorite race, or at least a close second.

Alarak is a legitimately difficult hero to be good with. I wish I knew how to use him but I consistently whiff telekensis, silence combos and never seem to use counter-attack at the right moment.

He can be pretty brutal to fight 1v1 though.

I just throw games under the bus whenever I play him though, or, at best, don't have much of an impact on the match.

scoobs

Alarak is a legitimately difficult hero to be good with. I wish I knew how to use him but I consistently whiff telekensis, silence combos and never seem to use counter-attack at the right moment.

He can be pretty brutal to fight 1v1 though.

I just throw games under the bus whenever I play him though, or, at best, don't have much of an impact on the match.
True, he's very hard to play correctly but he's quite rewarding when you do. The only reason nobody really plays him right now is Thrall does his job better in every way and EQ is OP as hell

In HL try to get Thrall, but if you can't then Alarak is a nice substitute.

I feel like lately I've been running into a higher number of players that are uncooperative in maps or just blame the team (this is all in unranked). I'm either just more salty lately, or I've been unlucky in matchmaking. One game on Tuesday I saw a player overextend before minions spawned, die, and ask 'where did my team go??'. When we said 'Dude you overextended' (pretty much in that exact wording) they proceeded to spend all their time that game just hitting one of the base gates in the middle of the map (this is on the Diablo map with the immortals). I legitimately think that's the first time I've seen someone do that in HotS.

On a positive note, I bought Ragnaros and I love him. His siege damage feels good and so does his team fighting. I feel like he's either just OP or on the edge between good and OP right now. He takes merc camps so quickly in the late game and I'm able to solo most camps fairly early in the game as well.

matmanx1

New in dev video for Zul'jin and some skins and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUhMCNzcUb0

Dream Genie Chromie...plz no.

Amani Warbear doe. That's the stuff.

Zul'jin looks fun as heck. I dig melee heroes and I've always had a soft spot for the Warcraft Troll race. I'm sitting on 10k gold right now so I'll probably just continue to sit on it until he's available.

Still slowly working on the Winter Veil Nexus Challenge and getting Tyrael to level 10. I know this comes as no surprise to you veterans but once you hit level 7 with a character the speed at which they level up seems to slow to a crawl.

Still, Tyrael with his silvery color variation and silvery Judgement charger combo is pretty great.

Maledict

Zul'jin looks fun as heck. I dig melee heroes and I've always had a soft spot for the Warcraft Troll race. I'm sitting on 10k gold right now so I'll probably just continue to sit on it until he's available.

Still slowly working on the Winter Veil Nexus Challenge and getting Tyrael to level 10. I know this comes as no surprise to you veterans but once you hit level 7 with a character the speed at which they level up seems to slow to a crawl.

Still, Tyrael with his silvery color variation and silvery Judgement charger combo is pretty great.

He's not melee, he's a ranged assassin.

Re progression, absolutely. They are revamping progression for both players and heroes sometime in the new year, as the current system isn't rewarding enough and takes way too long between levels.

Skab

So, pretty safe bet that it will be a Diablo hero after Zul'jin right?

Just had a number of Warcraft, and Starcraft before that, and they're starting the Diablo 20th anniversary celebration events in January.

Bring on the D2 classes/bosses Blizzard. D2 pally and druid would be perfect multi-classes :x

Prelude.

A little more OW wouldn't hurt. There's pretty much the same amount of Diablo and SC characters, and like 95 from Warcraft, while OW is still sitting at 2.

I had a dream where I was playing Zul'jin and he had this glitch where if you right clicked someone and tried to chase, he wouldn't attack again until you got in melee range and stood completely still.

And I was like 'Man, Zul'jin would be good but he sucks with this bug'

scoobs

Lol, can't say I've ever dreamed about HOTS. I wish I did. That would mean I'd get to play like ... twice as much HOTS

Lol, can't say I've ever dreamed about HOTS. I wish I did. That would mean I'd get to play like ... twice as much HOTS

this wasn't my first dream about hots

probably won't be the last

but it was a dream within a dream, so it would be. I was dreaming about a situation where I was playing hots and then got out of hots and then dreamed on

it was a multilayered dream

jHow is toxic af watched him stream today and he went into tramleague with a 5 stack of people he rarely if ever played with. He's gonna shot call and asks some questions beforehand how they usually do it.

Literally in the first minute one of his calls is ignored and he spends the next 2 minutes complaining about it, while not shot calling and complaining about his team not doing things he didn't ask of them.

The game continues to go poorly and it's the first he loses in quite some time, which leads to another minute long tirade.

Really soured my opinion of him.

Oh and HongCono joined Miracle, I really don't know who's the A and B team anymore. Miracle also got Dami.

Alur

Complaining about the team to the team, or complaining on the stream? And are we talking like bellyaching, or like flat out name-calling and mudslinging?

Also, da fuq with MVP Black offering the team contracts with no money attached. I'd leave too if I was Rich.

kirblar

Complaining about the team to the team, or complaining on the stream? And are we talking like bellyaching, or like flat out name-calling and mudslinging?

Also, da fuq with MVP Black offering the team contracts with no money attached. I'd leave too if I was Rich.
Holy fuck, totally the right call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom