• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prelude.

Not impressed by the brawl at all. I thought it was gonna be snowballs only.

Double Chromie+Zeratul in the enemy team, lul. So fun.

scoobs

Good news, Rag is still preeeeeeeeetty good. Also really enjoying his other ult for instant deletions of squishies. Unfortunately, my team was... not the greatest I've seen, but pretty typical QM fare I suppose.
xhKoi9F.jpg

Prelude.

23 minutes and still going, everyone's dead but they don't push. A+ brawl

Edit: We won at 32 min thanks to the boss destroying the last 27% of the core. That was painful.

scoobs

Sustain meta still a thing. People need to learn how to ban Diablo and Rehgar, and let Rag through (thus letting me play him more)

I do think they need to nerf Earthquake immediately, Thrall is a menace.

I'm also pretty ok with Rehgar and Diablo being crazy good right now, its nice to have a mixup in the meta. When is the last time people were stoked about playing Diablo? 14 months ago?

My problem is I'm being forced onto solo tank and I suck with diablo. It's supposed to get better but it just goes in circles. I knew the week before season change was too good to be true, I was having fun.

Spent my last gold on varian. It's not the meta that bothers me right now I just had a shitty day of games, with shitty teams, leading to onesided stomps, that meant not having any fun whatsoever. Considering the time investment and purpose of playing video games it adds up to a net negative.

I'll be more chill when I win again or at least have some close matches

scoobs

Spent my last gold on varian. It's not the meta that bothers me right now I just had a shitty day of games, with shitty teams, leading to onesided stomps, that meant not having any fun whatsoever. Considering the time investment and purpose of playing video games it adds up to a net negative.

Eh, this is just how MOBAs go, and online gaming in general. If you aren't prepared to lose every game, you're going to have a bad time. Technically, if you're actually climbing the ladder, you still only win 60% of the games you play so... ya, losing is a big part of the equation.

Tomorrow you'll win 5 in a row and have a great time. I try to take losses as learning opportunities, analyze your replay after a bad loss and see where you fucked up and how you can improve.

In other news, I have completed converted into a Sulfuras Smash Rag player. I know everyone loves Lava Wave, but his other ult is craaaaaaaaazy fucking good. So. Much. Burst. Damage. PLUS a stun on top of it. Fucking nutty.

I'm prepared to lose, I'm not prepared to get stomped game after game after game. You can have fun while losing and be frustrated but you, or at least I do, think twice before reinvesting time again, if you only ended up more frustrated and exhausted the last time.

There's nothing really that can be said or done just need to vent, can't even point at just my teammates, I played like shit as well.

I dunno, I get kinda pissed at QM sometimes when the game gives out unfair comp matchups more than anything.

scoobs

I dunno, I get kinda pissed at QM sometimes when the game gives out unfair comp matchups more than anything.

QM is a total shit show, I've accepted that team comps will always be dumb and they're never going to completely fix it. Its a deathmatch and you're going to die alot and half the time the teams won't make sense.

This is why I've been playing much more unranked/TL/HL. At least I can guarantee my team comp will make sense

scoobs

QM is frustration exempt for me because it's a shitfest.

I wish this were true.

well atleast in my experience you will get a tank and support always, which is what I meant by decent team comp. If you don't get that in your draft games then you're super unlucky with getting dicks for teammates.

I can 100% confirm that Sulfuras Smash is the better ultimate now. It instantly deletes any squish from the game. If you have ANY form of CC on your team, you follow up w/ Smash and the hero is gone, no chance of survival at all (unless cleanse, only way to survive)

Use it in Molten Core mode w/ Heroic Difficulty and it does like 400 billion burst damage.

well atleast in my experience you will get a tank and support always, which is what I meant by decent team comp. If you don't get that in your draft games then you're super unlucky with getting dicks for teammates.

I can 100% confirm that Sulfuras Smash is the better ultimate now. It instantly deletes any squish from the game. If you have ANY form of CC on your team, you follow up w/ Smash and the hero is gone, no chance of survival at all (unless cleanse, only way to survive)

Use it in Molten Core mode w/ Heroic Difficulty and it does like 400 billion burst damage.

Srey showed an Insta kill combo with the trait in his last stream. Since it increases the range of smash also, you can oneshot every squishy with a basic REW or ERW from quite a long distance.

He's been treating him as an off tank with Q at 1 and E talents otherwise and Heroic Difficulty at 20.

scoobs

I hear all the pros saying E build but I've only found success with Q and W, both of which are very strong in certain situations. E doesn't come online until like level 16 and that's a long ways to wait. Give me Meteor and Q all day

I go Q against front line heavy teams, and meteor in all other situations.

brian!

Woke up to see a notification that zuna was streaming at 4am, checked out his first game (hes beginning his hl placements) and man we are missing out

scoobs

Grubby, HORSEPANTS, KyleFergusson, Glaurang, and Chu8 all worth watching.

HORSEPANTS is the best watch, he plays non-meta heroes at GM levels

I tried watching Trickslyr a few times and I feel like it made me worse at the game.

I watched a game of his yesterday and he's just playing PvZ during the draft and shows greymane as last pick. The enemy team picks dual tank with zarya, medivh, and kharazim. He goes ahead and locks in grey as last pick and his team gets absolutely curb stomped in less than 15 minutes. Then Trick is just like "well I guess their team is just making better plays"

I would be kinda pissed if I was a GM player that had to carry to him on my team.

scoobs

Trikslyr has an extremely annoying streamer personality. If you can stand constant singing and his absolutely ridiculous laugh, he's pretty good at the game so it's a decent watch. However, I cannot stand those things so I stopped watching him. Nails on a chalkboard.

Trikslyr has an extremely annoying streamer personality. If you can stand constant singing and his absolutely ridiculous laugh, he's pretty good at the game so it's a decent watch. However, I cannot stand those things so I stopped watching him. Nails on a chalkboard.

I like watching his Gazlowe and Azmodan, he's really good at both of them. But he has a bad habit of not adjusting during the draft and just picking whatever he wants then wonders why his team got stomped when it's a bad comp match up.

edit: Also if you wanna watch someone play Medivh, Grubby's Medivh is absolutely brutal. He'll get MVP with like 10 kills, zero deaths with top damage in the game. I really enjoy watching him play micro intense characters.

brian!

I tried watching Trickslyr a few times and I feel like it made me worse at the game.

this is such an apt description haha
i dont mind a salty streamer, but glau's salt rubs me the wrong way (i just got done rubbing salt into a prime rib so im really proud of this sentence)
chu8 streams like he's a cult leader, but I think that's how successful streamers are supposed to act

Maledict

Literally the only worthwhile heroes stream ive seen since i started this game

You never watched Bakery stream? He doesn't do it often but it's REALLY good, because he constantly explains what he is doing, why he is doing it etc. One of the most informative pro streamers there is.

brian!

You never watched Bakery stream? He doesn't do it often but it's REALLY good, because he constantly explains what he is doing, why he is doing it etc. One of the most informative pro streamers there is.

havent seen him but i bet hed be great at it
i favor streams w/ an educational bent to it and I feel like he'd come through with that, that's a big part of why i enjoy zuna streams he just doesnt stop explaining everything

brian!

it's not really the fact that he gets pissy (like i can understand ppl getting pissy and playing it up on stream or whatever) but the fact that it's glaurung and he's even more annoying when he's pissy, like it's not really anything he can help, it's on me
i dont mind salt at all...from particular sources? like floe from the fgc is a really fun watch and it's nonstop salt, but when it's glau im just like ughhhh

i kinda feel the same way about solid jake

brian!

You complain about Glau salt when you're in here recommending people watch mewnfarez, king of salt lol

i think you have the wrong guy

i tried glau for like 10 min just now and literally:
he's playing medivh
hes alt tabbed and tabs back into the game and drops his nuke accidently and laughs obnoxiously
he lets a teammate die on purpose and says "fuck that guy" and laughs obnoxiously
team blaming the whole time
he's playing like ass, but I guess he's playing a new character so that's not really on him
the chat having a little internal argument about glau team blaming w/ one side saying glau pls be the bigger man and the other side saying no his team is bad they deserve to be punished

i don't really get the appeal, but at the same time the top streamers for this game all do some form of the above so I just feel like an old person
like i dont wonder at all why no team wants to keep him (dats harsh but I'm on fire right now)

scoobs

Oh thought that was you recommending mewn, well somebody did.

Glau isn't without his faults but i usually enjoy his streams, he's always explaining what he's doing and what they should do and shit and it helps me learn the game at a higher level.

brian!

no i want him to be successful for sure, just not my thing
incidentally zuna and glau are streaming against each other atm and I have both streams up, the sound syncs so nice

good news on glau's stream:
1a4d619babc54bae8dc25c2c4258874c.png

hm they queued up together again, prob because glau is on a smurf and zuna hasnt played hero league in 4 months

Alur

Fucking Zuna is streaming? Damn, how'd we get so lucky? Zuna streams are some good stuff.

Also, it was Milly recommending mewn IIRC and he was doing so sarcastically I believe.

brian!

i think he's about to get crushed his comp is so ass
also hes been hanging out w/ bkid too much they talk exactly alike now lol
jk split push zagara the god?

i think you have the wrong guy

i tried glau for like 10 min just now and literally:
he's playing medivh
hes alt tabbed and tabs back into the game and drops his nuke accidently and laughs obnoxiously
he lets a teammate die on purpose and says "fuck that guy" and laughs obnoxiously
team blaming the whole time
he's playing like ass, but I guess he's playing a new character so that's not really on him
the chat having a little internal argument about glau team blaming w/ one side saying glau pls be the bigger man and the other side saying no his team is bad they deserve to be punished

i don't really get the appeal, but at the same time the top streamers for this game all do some form of the above so I just feel like an old person
like i dont wonder at all why no team wants to keep him (dats harsh but I'm on fire right now)
I didn't see that particular part so hard for me to judgedefend but chances are he just fucked it up and tried glossing over it. If it really was intentional then that's messed up. "Fuck that guy" is usually facetious.
Glau doesn't BM much from what I've watched and is in general pretty civil, the worst I've seen is him stalling a game and letting a teammate die on core so he'd get MVP.

Kind of amazing that in all the hours Glau's streaming recently you'd watch one where he comes off like that.

glauW

I broke down and bought the Classic Winter Veil bundle........ Most money I've spent on the game outside of $9.99 for Auriel when she first came out and $4.99 on greymane when he was 50% off.

Coulda used the $30 I paid for the bundle on the steam winter sale but fuck that sugar plum Sylvanas skin is damn sexy, and all of the color alts are really good. All of the skins are really nice actually.

I wanna get the naz and lunara winter skins but the snowflake mount is lame......... Don't know if I wanna spend $20 on it.

brian!

I didn't see that particular part so hard for me to judgedefend but chances are he just fucked it up and tried glossing over it. If it really was intentional then that's messed up. "Fuck that guy" is usually facetious.
Glau doesn't BM much from what I've watched and is in general pretty civil, the worst I've seen is him stalling a game and letting a teammate die on core so he'd get MVP.

Kind of amazing that in all the hours Glau's streaming recently you'd watch one where he comes off like that to you.

glauW

Yeah i dont watch him much so it could have been just an unfortunate coincidence, but my main point is that personally whenever glau opens his mouth he's solidjake tier to me, but that's not on him it's on me

Denial isn't a sponsor anymore

orgs are dipping like crazy, like i feel like they know something we dont

Denial isn't a sponsor anymore
ahahaha. Let's hope the league gets some sponsors back eventually.
Yeah i dont watch him much so it could have been just an unfortunate coincidence, but my main point is that personally whenever glau opens his mouth he's solidjake tier to me, but that's not on him it's on me
That's mean, being unlikeable is still better than being like jake completely unremarkable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom