• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
weaving from melee to range with Graymane is so much fun, damn!

I said damn son!

brian!

Yeah a lot of ppl recommend the q range at 13 but i feel like running in the dark or w/e the e talent is called is a must take atm

Maledict

People realized, over a year later, that E build is best build.

They reduced the cooldown by 50% and increased the damage by 15% or so. I've been running builds for the last year and a half, this isn't about people realising - it's purely a numbers thing. Those wins hit *hard* and fast now.

brian!

Yeah im hardly on too so if we bump into each other 💪.

For me it's burst range increase (e) vs. worgen chase (q), in terms of escapability q is more available but e does the job fine too, plus it enables you illidan q style to jump to walls and minions and stuff. The latter means more value on earlier worgenings and the former is more about opening better burst oppurtunities and increasing your effective range. With q build being standard now the e talent just feels right

@male talkin about the e talent at 13 and worgen q

Yeah im hardly on too so if we bump into each other 💪.

For me it's burst range increase (e) vs. worgen chase (q), in terms of escapability q is more available but e does the job fine too, plus it enables you illidan q style to jump to walls and minions and stuff. The latter means more value on earlier worgenings and the former is more about opening better burst oppurtunities and increasing your effective range. With q build being standard now the e talent just feels right
It comes down to map and heroic for me. Q range does improve waveclear as well and with GftT you don't really need the extra range. Another important factor is that Q ignores collision with heroes. Taking cursed bullet otoh makes E range a natural fit.

brian!

I dont really understand the gftt thing and only slightly understand the waveclear thing (his clear is already one of the best in the game!). Is the cursed bullet thing because you might hit them w/ the tip of the skillshot and you need the range to follow up? Thatd make sense, tho that situation hasnt cropped up for me yet

I dont really understand the gftt thing and only slightly understand the waveclear thing (his clear is already one of the best in the game!). Is the cursed bullet thing because you might hit them w/ the tip of the skillshot and you need the range to follow up? Thatd make sense, tho that situation hasnt cropped up for me yet
Could have expressed myself more clearly. With GftT you have 2 jumps available making the increased E range less of a priority. With waveclear I was thinking of maps like Infernal Shrines where the increased range on Q is a great boon if your team commits to the a shrine.
E talent makes the range identical to cursed bullet and makes losing the engage potential from GftT hurt less.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
amazing comeback on towers of Doom, I really like Rag (another assassin im disgusting). Man I missed this game.

According to this wiki Li Ming has never been on sale? :eek:

Im trying to decide whats the "safest" to buy with gold that wont show up in the following week on sale... Lunara would be safe, since she was just on sale, but is she legendary or epic?

I wouldn't buy anyone with gold. Considering how frequently heroes drop from loot boxes and how frequently you get loot boxes, I'd save it for that. Especially if you don't have much.

All the heroes I need are legendary and all the legendaries I gues are skins ;_;

what else am I gonna do with the gold anyway, rerolls?

Alur

I wouldn't buy anyone with gold. Considering how frequently heroes drop from loot boxes and how frequently you get loot boxes, I'd save it for that. Especially if you don't have much.

what else am I gonna do with the gold anyway, rerolls?

Well, you literally just got a couple heroes IIRC and some more from the bundle. Do you really need another new hero _right this minute_? That's for one. For two, being unable to reroll your loot boxes really reduces the value of them. From what I've seen you barely have enough gold to cover said hero, so it's more like it's burning a hole in your pocket than you have a extra to spend. If you get the hero, you will probably play it a few games and ping pong around to another like you tend to do anyway. If you save the gold, you can use it to get shit you don't have. Seems like a pretty easy choice to me.

If you can't have a couple thousand gold back for rerolls I wouldn't do it at all. Especially consider the heroes you already got recently.

Alur

I got 7 in 5 boxes a few days back. Been getting em quite a bit over all, epic and legendary wise at any rate.

FinKL

I find heroes to be really rare from boxes, even the epic ones. They seem to be a lot rarer than their rarety showing.

I got 3 heroes from my 58 total loot chests. I don't remember where they came from, but I got Rexxar which was Purple rarity, Probius (Gold rarity) and Sylvanas (purple)

Artanisix

i've gotten like, 2 heroes (rexxar and monk dude) out of 45+ chests. i wouldn't call those odds very good personally, i basically feel like i need to spend gold on heroes to have a decent pool

Rhaknar

i've gotten like, 2 heroes (rexxar and monk dude) out of 45+ chests. i wouldn't call those odds very good personally, i basically feel like i need to spend gold on heroes to have a decent pool

thats my experience aswell, just got a tyrael (epic) from a lvl 5 rare box but yeah, ive never gotten any legendary hero, and I rarely even see these epics (which are dupes nyway).

alur must have a leprechaun in his pocket for luck with those odds.

Alavard

Assuming an equal chance of any given item in a pool (one legendary has the same chance any other legendary, for example), heroes will actually be rarest as commons and most common as legendaries simply due to their number.

Think about it, there are a ton of common items (the emojis, voicelines, and sprays). The chance of getting a common (2000 gold) hero out of that huge pool would be very small. Then, with rares, we have all the rare skins, which is at least 3 skins (way more on some heroes) per hero, in addition to all the other rare items. And still a small number of heroes that are rare. Now with epics, the overall pool of items is smaller - there are simply less epic items in the game, so a larger percentage of them are heroes. With Legendaries, there aren't that many skins, but there are like ~40 legendary heroes (all the 10K ones), so that's a significant chance of getting a hero there.

But again, all this assumes that if you roll a common, rare, epic, or legendary, that your chances of any given item of that rarity are equal.

Kioshen

I think I could have gotten only one hero out of my original series of loot box which was Cassia but I rerolled it because I wanted a skin instead. I already have the majority of the heroes so I'd prefer cosmetics. Plus you get more than enough gold to buy a 10k hero every 3 weeks just by doing the daily quests.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I wouldn't buy anyone with gold. Considering how frequently heroes drop from loot boxes and how frequently you get loot boxes, I'd save it for that.

Eh, I agree that you should bank a couple thousand gold at all times now just to reroll loot boxes, but for anyone who has tens of thousands of gold saved up I’d say it’s fine to buy a bunch of heroes. Gold is only used for two things now: buying heroes, and rerolling loot boxes, so as long as you have enough to reroll I’d say it’s safe to spend the rest on heroes. That’s what I plan on doing at any rate, I’ve only got like 8 heroes that I don’t own at this point.

Alur

alur must have a leprechaun in his pocket for luck with those odds.

Oh for sure. 7 in 5 boxes isn't typical, but I've gotten probably 8-10 others besides at least. Regarding buying Lunara or whatever, my observation has been that once or twice a day you are posting an experience on a new hero (or several) you've tried, so flesh them out a bit and experience them and really learn them.

For a guy who said he wasn't going whole hog, you seem to be hitting it pretty hard to be honest. I don't mean that as a criticism, and I'm hardly the only one who has noticed obviously based on some of the responses you've gotten (LOL), but it seems like you're trying to experience everything at once which is a good way to burn yourself out quick when the new stuff runs out. You can play 8 hours a day or two games a day, whatever, but I'd certainly suggest diving deeper into heroes and playing 15-20 games on them a piece (unless you just really don't like a particular one). It will improve your gameplay with said heroes, improve your gameplay against said heroes, and ultimately elongate the amount of new content and experiences you can have.

D.Va skin quest is up. I hope I don't find people throwing :/

Unfortunately I'm afraid we will. Just have to live with it. The good will outweigh the bad long term, but the growing pains might be ugly. I really feel for anyone who is still near 1700 MMR (Silver/Gold) as those people are going to be all over your QM games.

Altairre

You're try-hard mad about an AI Match. A mode of play where probably everyone you're getting matched up with is new to MOBAs and/or Heroes. Take off one training wheel and start playing Quick Match.

Bad matches suck whether they're against AI or not and it's not just due to people being new to the genre or this game but due to them afking or running into forts multiple times. Playing with a friend who just started out was a miserable experience to the point where it turned out to be better to play with AI team mates instead of other human beings. I personally wouldn't bother communicating in that mode at all but venting here is fine if he wasn't being a dick to his team in game imo. Just my two cents.

Rhaknar

lol all the peeps I used to play Overwatch with just logged in to Heroes... I wonder why :3

Zomba13

So is the D.Va quest not up in the EU region yet? I see the "Week 2 is here!" thing with the skin showing but not seeing any quests in the quest tab. I've already done week 1's stuff.

Apathy

Also I feel bad, playing with against these groups that really don't know what they are doing just steam rolling them with sonya

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
You're try-hard mad about an AI Match. A mode of play where probably everyone you're getting matched up with is new to MOBAs and/or Heroes. Take off one training wheel and start playing Quick Match.
I was mad about obstinate idiots, not a match or particular mode. I spent the first year playing QM and 99 games of stomping or being stomped to finally get that 1 actually balanced match wasn't to my tastes.

Alur

I was mad about obstinate idiots, not a match or particular mode. I spent the first year playing QM and 99 games of stomping or being stomped to finally get that 1 actually balanced match wasn't to my tastes.

Then what is to your taste about AI? Cause it's even more of a faceroll stomp than any QM match has dreamed to be. I would say it's more relaxing, but based on your reaction to it I don't think that's it either.

Wanderer5

2 more matches to get D.Va!

Well been getting wins in quick match lol. The first two were almost steamrolling the other team worthy, but the third felt decently tight, so that was good.

Also yeah the queues were getting long (and this was just me and 1 friend).

Top Bottom