• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Fancolors

whats wrong with the second wave?

reports of throwers and jainas afking on QM. first wave didn't have a problem since people could get rewards by doing AI rushes

despite everything, I really hope this is not the end of cross promotion events. me and my friends wouldn't have gotten involved on hots if not for these. Hope blizz finds a better way of motivating people to actually give this a fair try.

Apathy

Because it can't be done vs the Ai, People are joining qm games to afk/bot/purposely throw and pissing off the hots players.

What should happen next time is force cross promo skins to also have a level requirement and make people have to care even a little

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
reports of throwers and jainas afking on QM. first wave didn't have a problem since people could get rewards by doing AI rushes

despite everything, I really hope this is not the end of cross promotion events. me and my friends wouldn't have gotten involved on hots if not for these. Hope blizz finds a better way of motivating people to actually give this a fair try.

I see. Well, Ive seen a couple of weird behaviour (weird as in stupid) today but nothing you wouldnt see any other day tbh

Fancolors

admittedly, I haven't encountered any of the throwers/afkers yet tho. Had terrible matches yesterday, but it was more because we either lacked sufficient dps to kill Varian and Muradin or there was no good waveclear.

brian!

what other builds are there? Genji's talents are really lacking in general.

Dunno but im still partial to my initial build
1. Agile, maybe e if i plan on running around in their team
4. Q
7. Situational, been getting deflect cd
10. Dblade
13. Shingan
16. Deflect
20. Dblade/deflect

I guess the e talent at 13 lets you go for the dream hit 4 bunched heroes infinite e, but it's hard to see that happening much

Because it can't be done vs the Ai, People are joining qm games to afk/bot/purposely throw and pissing off the hots players.

What should happen next time is force cross promo skins to also have a level requirement and make people have to care even a little

win 5 games instead. lul.

Ketch

They should just stop giving a shit about douchebags who just want to farm their shit as fast as possible.

No matter the promo you can't force people to enjoy the game, they just need to accept that a certain percentage is just in it for the skins and will do whatever necessary to get them with as little effort as possible. I'm sure they've done some kind of analysis and have a good idea of what to expect, if their answer to "they're just farming AI games" was to force people into doing something they don't want to do (play with actual people/actually play the game) then that's a real dumb idea. The promo is not, I mean should not, be put together with those people in mind.

Another, different, percentage of people will actually give the game an honest shot because of the promo, those are the people you want to hook. But by forcing the the two groups to interact they sort of shoot themselves in the foot. The people who just want the skin have a bad experience and then that just ruins the experience people they're trying to actually hook, less people come away having an enjoyable experience, it's a lose lose .... forcing stricter requirements for the promo is counter productive.

Dunno but im still partial to my initial build
1. Agile, maybe e if i plan on running around in their team
4. Q
7. Situational, been getting deflect cd
10. Dblade
13. Shingan
16. Deflect
20. Dblade/deflect

I guess the e talent at 13 lets you go for the dream hit 4 bunched heroes infinite e, but it's hard to see that happening much

I've been going.

1. E speed or Pathfinder depending on the map
4. Q or E
7. Deflect CD is by far the best here no matter the build
10. X-Slash
13. E CD
16. E after damage
20. X-Slash upgrade or Q pierce.

You have to be real close to hit all 3 shuriken on 1 hero and E after damage does improve the terrible waveclear.

Xslas is so good tho, don't like dragonblade at all compared.

Apathy

They should just stop giving a shit about douchebags who just want to farm their shit as fast as possible.

No matter the promo you can't force people to enjoy the game, they just need to accept that a certain percentage is just in it for the skins and will do whatever necessary to get them with as little effort as possible. I'm sure they've done some kind of analysis and have a good idea of what to expect, if their answer to "they're just farming AI games" was to force people into doing something they don't want to do (play with actual people/actually play the game) then that's a real dumb idea. The promo is not, I mean should not, be put together with those people in mind.

Another, different, percentage of people will actually give the game an honest shot because of the promo, those are the people you want to hook. But by forcing the the two groups to interact they sort of shoot themselves in the foot. The people who just want the skin have a bad experience and then that just ruins the experience people they're trying to actually hook, less people come away having an enjoyable experience, it's a lose lose .... forcing stricter requirements for the promo is counter productive.

Too bad marketing departments come up with this shit to make themselves seem relevant to a company.

Alur

Throwers, AFKers, and flamers among the first two groups. Just internet dbags gonna internet dbag. Now they have more incentive to dbag than usual, or at least believe they do. Instead of genuinely trying a thing for the 2-3 hours it would take to complete the quest, they'd rather fucking cry about it in chat and throw the game to "make it end quicker" while ruining it for everyone else and blaming it all on Blizzard.

Ok i tried e build last night for genji and dont see the appeal even a little bit lol, def gonna need this build explained to me

Same. Tried it, don't get it. Your build and mine are still what I run 90% of the time minus our level 1's and some games we differ at 13.

Xslas is so good tho, don't like dragonblade at all compared.

I'm in the Dragonblade camp with brian! I've found X-Strike pretty hard to land and get much out of (beyond you being removed from battle for a sec) unless there's a big teamwide CC setup on a platter for you. Dragonblade gets pretty good value regardless for me, though, and even better value than X-Strike if there is a teamwide setup like a big root or mosh or grav bomb or whatever. Are you actually landing good damage out of X-Strike regularly, or you like it for it's extra utility?

That's the worst part about seeing reddit in flames.

I assume everyone here can attest to how well this promo and the 2.0 launch in general has done for the game. HOTS went from the same 3-7 people playing it each night to as many as 10-15 at peak time at nights for me on my friends list. The thread has swelled with new faces. It's all anecdotal, but based on people's responses in here it seems like most of us are seeing this happen on our own accounts as well.

The good is definitely there, but you are right. They're playing a bit of a dangerous game where the good can quickly be ruined by those bad eggs, and those bad eggs could potentially even ruin a few veteran players as well if it continues unabated for two more weeks after this.

brian!

This meta is rough for assassin players, prob gonna be heroes of the support with lili, uther, auriel, and lucio running wild, not to mention warriors being super strong too

For shingan just play w/ it a bit it gets pretty intuitive, but yeah im often in meleeish range with genji

There have been plenty of times I've been on the receiving end of a great turn around game. One where you are losing most team fights and are struggling to keep up, but one defining moment turns the tide and your team wins.

Last night, I was on the team dominating and we got cocky. They team wiped us and pushed to the core. We rezzed in time to stop them and killed four of their players and the other was no where to be seen. Our core was at a sliver of health so we decided to rush their core with three of us. The surviving enemy managed to squeeze in enough damage to destroy our core. Before we got to theirs. Oops.

Cappa

Banned
What's a good beginner build for Lucio you guys recommend. I'm one of these overwatch noobs playing hots for the skins but o actually try to contribute lol.

With Lucios passive abilities I feel like I even though I don't know what I'm doing I can still heal my teammates and from what I gather Lucio is a good pick?

Alur

What's a good beginner build for Lucio you guys recommend. I'm one of these overwatch noobs playing hots for the skins but o actually try to contribute lol.

With Lucios passive abilities I feel like I even though I don't know what I'm doing I can still heal my teammates and from what I gather Lucio is a good pick?

Lucio is really good right now, yes. Head to HOTSlogs and you can find the most popular builds and even their pickrate. Here's Lucio's page for Quick Match:

https://www.hotslogs.com/Sitewide/HeroDetails?Hero=Lúcio

You can adjust it at the top to different heroes or modes or even MMR divisions if you need.

Bulzeeb

I am at work and don't remember the exact build I use, but I like to try what is trending on hotslogs and make some changes depending on what I like

hotslogs link

You can also try Lili, it's super easy to learn and gives good support

brian!

Im pretty new to lucio but this is what i came up with when i tried him:

1. Wall speed or team speed
4. Uhh subwoofer i guess
7. Party mix
10. Drop da beat
13. Hard style
16. Rejuv
20. Bonuz track

I'm in the Dragonblade camp with brian! I've found X-Strike pretty hard to land and get much out of (beyond you being removed from battle for a sec) unless there's a big teamwide CC setup on a platter for you. Dragonblade gets pretty good value regardless for me, though, and even better value than X-Strike if there is a teamwide setup like a big root or mosh or grav bomb or whatever. Are you actually landing good damage out of X-Strike regularly, or you like it for it's extra utility?

It's mostly for the utility, it is pretty difficult to land. I'm content with securing a single kill with it but it also gets me out of many sticky situations. The upgrade at 20 can be pretty bonkers as the CD reduction counts every single slash and the delayed detonation individually.

Alur

It's mostly for the utility, it is pretty difficult to land. I'm content with securing a single kill with it but it also gets me out of many sticky situations. The upgrade at 20 can be pretty bonkers as the CD reduction counts every single slash and the delayed detonation individually.

I've never tried the 20 upgrade, not even sure I've even read it to be honest. Will have to check that out one of these games.

brian!

A lot of stuff can mess up dragonblade (like silence in general is excellent against genji but holy shit it shuts down dblade) and i dont think xstrike is bad, but for me dblade does a better job of forcing attention onto genji, turning him into an actual teamfighter, and is in general far superior as a skirmish ult imo (threatens warriors for example)

A lot of stuff can mess up dragonblade (like silence in general is excellent against genji but holy shit it shuts down dblade) and i dont think xstrike is bad, but for me dblade does a better job of forcing attention onto genji, turning him into an actual teamfighter, and is in general far superior as a skirmish ult imo (threatens warriors for example)
I've never really tried playing genji that way.

Acidote

I really hope this is a joke.

Not a joke, played the game quite a bit back in the day, never liked it and I want to make a full party so nobody is affected in a negative way. I just want to get the D.Va skin and uninstall the game again.

Fancolors

Not a joke, played the game quite a bit back in the day, never liked it and I want to make a full party so nobody is fucked with my shenanigans. I just want to get the D.Va skin and uninstall the game again.

Well, if you are so inclined to throw the matches, you will probably have more luck if you ask the ingame general chat and announce you are looking for people to lose quick matches.

Know that it still kinda sucks. If I'm playing quick match, I expect people on the other team to try, otherwise I would be playing vs.AI.

Alur

If you want to make a full party of throwers and give the enemy free wins, your best bet is to /join nexuschallenge. Probably quite a few likeminded people there. If you're doing it in some variation that doesn't include a full party, though, you're not just part of the problem you are the problem.

Bulzeeb

Not a joke, played the game quite a bit back in the day, never liked it and I want to make a full party so nobody is affected in a negative way. I just want to get the D.Va skin and uninstall the game again.
You could try asking in the blizzard OW forums or Reddit

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

at least you're honest? :/

Alur

Just listened to a bit of last week's Into the Nexus and had to laugh at the part where Kyle said he has formulated emojis for how to best encourage and get the most out of his team. Even with frivolous, whimsical stuff this dude reads way too much into things.

Oscar

Yesterday I led a group of Overwatch bros and banged out the 5 games.

It was straight up killing fields for me as an experienced vet. Was slaying newbies with Nazeebo.

Fun times.

I think it was premature of Blizz to reward the D.Va stuff in week two.

Rhaknar

moIQ0AA.jpg

dat color coordination

Pygrus

Ughh quick match is pretty toxic right now. Solo queued into 2 matches where I had a Jaina just sit in base or run into towers.

Guess it's back to AI matches for now.

I would like to think they would learn, but it never ends. And 'daily quest' stuff is becoming more and more common for gaming in general.

psyfi

Banned
I'm brand new to this game and fucking loving it. My first MOBA! I noticed some characters are labeled as being currently available through the free to play rotation and some aren't. Does that mean I'll only be able to play a few heroes at a time unless I plop down money? I figured I'd earn heroes slowly over time, not gain and lose access to them periodically.

I'm brand new to this game and fucking loving it. My first MOBA! I noticed some characters are labeled as being currently available through the free to play rotation and some aren't. Does that mean I'll only be able to play a few heroes at a time unless I plop down money? I figured I'd earn heroes slowly over time, not gain and lose access to them periodically.

did you get the mega bundle? that gives you 20 heroes.
seeing as how you get like a loot boxes every level up, player level or hero level. i'm sure you'll get a hero from it.

psyfi

Banned
did you get the mega bundle? that gives you 20 heroes.
seeing as how you get like a loot boxes every level up, player level or hero level. i'm sure you'll get a hero from it.
I did, but then I got worried when I saw some heroes had the FTP marker. I don't know which ones I have permanently and which are temporary.

Syf

Banned
Just click the hero in hero select and if there's no option to pay currency to buy it, you own it permanently.

You can also go to the shop and select "owned" from the drop down menu.

Mupod

I actually like the rotating hero aspect, as it's easy to pick someone up and learn them well enough to do fine in quick play. I like the variety of constantly trying new people. I've never had any trouble coming up with enough gold to buy the ones I really wanted, and with the mega pack I have almost everybody I like. I may pick up Lucio after he is rotated out as he is by far the best new hero I've tried.

Speaking of which, I tried out his other ult for the first time and actually got a decent amount of mileage out of it, I always picked sound barrier before but we had a Morales so I figured it would serve us better. The Thrall on our team kept bitching about my ult choice, of course he had died 12 times and threw the game because of some bad choices on when to 2v5 the enemy team with his pocket medic. I'd probably be more annoyed by these idiots if I couldn't mock them with the buddy I queue with.

Top Bottom