• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Apathy

how is that possibru. everyone trying to get dva skin. should be easy lol.

i think something fucked up on the server side for a few minutes and no one was sure cause gen chat was going on and on about matches taking forever to queue.

Edit: also, I am surprised that they have not added a character from Hearthstone yet. Either Elise Starseeker, Reno Jackson, or Sir Finley Mrrgglton (although you could argue that they could just make a skin for murky of Sir Finley and give him voice lines since he sounds like the opposite of every other murloc)

I was mad about obstinate idiots, not a match or particular mode. I spent the first year playing QM and 99 games of stomping or being stomped to finally get that 1 actually balanced match wasn't to my tastes.

The particular mode you're playing has everything to do with your problems though. You've been playing a mode that is predominantly populated by people who don't know how to play Heroes of the Storm or possibly even MOBAs in general. The level of focus and coordination you're expecting from your teammates in an A.I. match is kind of ridiculous. I mean that coordination and focus can be absent from Quick Match, Unranked and even Ranked matches. However you're more likely to find teammates that know what they're doing in those higher levels of play than A.I. matches.

Based off of your posts it seems like you exclusively play A.I. matches, which is fine, but I think your expectations are seriously out of whack for a mode of play that's essentially the kiddie pool.

sakyot

Is anyone here playing because of 2.0?

I mean I am an alpha player but I never really played much (well got to level 96 on 2.0) but I still consider I never really played much until 2.0.

Game is much more addicting, cause of the levels and rewards. I always liked the gameplay but I felt something was missing and this helps :p

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
The level of focus and coordination you're expecting from your teammates in an A.I. match is kind of ridiculous.
It's generally fine outside of major promotion times, hence laying down the context of "the game right now" at the very start of the post.

Fancolors

They really should consider finding other ways of giving these rewards in the future.

I remember reading a suggestion somewhere, probably on the HotS Reddit, but instead of just making people play 5 matches of QM, they should make people play 10, but count 3 for every win.

Syf

Banned
I like that suggestion. They should find a way to incentivize winning the games without making it necessary to win, because many of the people don't know how to play at all but they aren't bothering to learn either.

Alur

If you had the ability to craft an NA team of the players you know who are the hardest workers/want to challenge EU/KR the most, and appear to have the proper attitude to do so regarding their teammates, who would you put on the team? Not necessarily the best players either. We're strictly talking desire to improve and work ethic from all we've seen/known.

My list in that criteria to draft from starts with Fan and Glau and then ????. I am struggling to find more that we know want it that bad + actually play the game outside of scrims to continue improving.

Alur

akaface and Jun are good ones. I can't speak to the rest. I have seen some stuff from Fury, but no clue if he's a hardcore player or just a scrims player. One player I was surprised to see who plays a ton is cattle. Dude has almost 6k games on HOTSlogs and that's probably without him uploading and not counting scrims.

Alur

Not a fan either. Ketch and I played him a few days back and beat him and I was looking him up, was shocked how much he's played. Lot of games with Fury in there too.

Howdy all. Been playing a fair bit since the 2.0 launch. Initially just wanted the OW skins but have been having a ton of fun. As a recovered Dota addict I'm really digging the pace of this. Just having fun switching heroes every other game.

ID is "SeaRyancrest#1227" if anyone's up for games in the evenings and doesn't mind being patient with me. I've enjoyed QM but would like to actually communicate with people. Whooole lot of silence in these low levels.

Not a fan of Hanamura. It's got the Booty Bay experience void in the middle of the map where the objectives spend a lot of time travelling through and the Dragon Shire split objective which throw some teams for loops. Most matches I've played so far end up in this annoying stalemate, where both teams are pushing and holding two carts, with neither really being able to push lane and get some sort of advantage, unless there's an Abathur pushing a lane for free while both teams fight in the exp void over the objective.

Thought the map would have the potential for facerolls like OG Haunted Mines, but instead it just drags on and on and on like Dragon Shire.

scoobs

This was my night.
kWPleIM.jpg

Oh man, you think i would have died last game as lunara with all those ranged players but they focused the minions and everyone else lol.'

free wins.

got mvp too.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Then what is to your taste about AI? Cause it's even more of a faceroll stomp than any QM match has dreamed to be. I would say it's more relaxing, but based on your reaction to it I don't think that's it either.
I've said before that it's akin to playing solitaire except with others. But when you nearly lose Hanamura because the entire team is ignoring every opportunity that is just sitting there wide open waiting for them, even after you explain it to them clearly, and they in fact go way out of their way and coordinate to do incredibly counteractive things, that is annoying. It's like playing a board game with someone who keeps bumping the table so you have to put the pieces back in place over and over.

Maledict

If you had the ability to craft an NA team of the players you know who are the hardest workers/want to challenge EU/KR the most, and appear to have the proper attitude to do so regarding their teammates, who would you put on the team? Not necessarily the best players either. We're strictly talking desire to improve and work ethic from all we've seen/known.

My list in that criteria to draft from starts with Fan and Glau and then ????. I am struggling to find more that we know want it that bad + actually play the game outside of scrims to continue improving.

Khroen surely? He has a great attitude, plays constantly, and if allowed to just focus on the ranged carry role can play a really mean li/ming.

Alur

Forgot about Khroen. He's one of my favorite players too. The pickings do seem kind of slim overall, though, which maybe says more about the NA scene than anything else.

Maximus.

Jumped back in to get the Overwatch skins. Got a lot of cool stuff from Heroes 2.0 changes. So many loot boxes to open, which was nice. I like the reward changes and a lot of new characters that came out after I stopped playing. Felt good to win every game and to remember the mechanics and how to play properly!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
why do I have play 3 AI games quest today? is that part of the quest rotation these days? :/

I mean, I just got Cassia lst night so I guess Ill use her to get used to the abilities at least, but still weird.

accx

EU Here, Looking for someone to do 5 QP's right now for skins only.
Will try my best but don't expect any miracles ;)
Add me! (quote for tag)

I'll be on for the next couple of hours so hit me up!

EDIT:
BTW, can you run on american servers and get the skins for your EU OW account? Seeing as they get the patch earlier.

inter

Is anyone here playing because of 2.0?

I mean I am an alpha player but I never really played much (well got to level 96 on 2.0) but I still consider I never really played much until 2.0.

Game is much more addicting, cause of the levels and rewards. I always liked the gameplay but I felt something was missing and this helps :p

I'm also an alpha player that didn't play much at all until 2.0, but have become much more interested in the game. :)

Kioshen

Seeing the hots subreddit in flames after the second phase of the nexus challenge being activated is depressing. I'm glad I'm holding off on playing the game a little bit until the big wave passes a little bit.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Seeing the hots subreddit in flames after the second phase of the nexus challenge being activated is depressing. I'm glad I'm holding off on playing the game a little bit until the big wave passes a little bit.

whats wrong with the second wave?

brian!

Ok i tried e build last night for genji and dont see the appeal even a little bit lol, def gonna need this build explained to me

Top Bottom