• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Cassia skin game is weak. But man, the art design on the game is fantastic, there are some great skins in here.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yep. I got 7 in 5 boxes the other day. Some were dupes, of course, and that's insane luck, but it happens.

I've gotten a bunch, but they were all epic except for Cassia. Of course for a new player that doesnt matter so yes, the odds are good.

Ive gotten... Arthas, Falstad, Gaz, Sonya, Kerrigan (twice), Illidan (twice), Tychus, Li Li. Pretty sure im forgeting some.

Also again, for new players, go do the veteran chllenge in the option, it gives a loot box with a random (older) hero and a 7 day stim pack. Speaking of stimpacks, ive now crossed the 2 month mark on stimpack, those 3-day ones drop like candy I sware.

edit: oops meant to edit, im stupid.

Alur

Cassia skin game is weak. But man, the art design on the game is fantastic, there are some great skins in here.

Yeah, agreed. The only one of hers I like is the Wonder Woman tint.

.... What. Like MORE than 1 in a chest? I uh .. maybe I'm being overly skeptical, but are you sure those weren't epic loot boxes?

Yeah two of them had two. And I'm sure, they were just regular boxes purchased from the store. I had already went through my reward boxes a day or two before that.

Rhaknar

Yeah two of them had two. And I'm sure, they were just regular boxes purchased from the store. I had already went through my reward boxes a day or two before that.

ive had boxes with 2 epics, and epics could be anything from the epic pool, so I can see that happening. I mean, ive gotten 2 epic skins in 1 box, same thing applies I guess.

hero prices are weird, you would think its by date of release, and it usually is, but why is Zeratul for example still 10k gold? Sylvannas is 7k for example.

Speaking of 7k, I notice Falstad and Arthas are 7k, and ive gotten both (dupes) as epic items, does that mean that Lunara is also epic and not legendary, since shes also 7k?

pretty please?

edit: Artanis is easily my favorite warrior since Stiches, my god he's fun.

Store bought boxes, ah what a relief. Thought I was going crazy or was the unluckiest person on the planet.

Alur

Speaking of 7k, I notice Falstad and Arthas are 7k, and ive gotten both (dupes) as epic items, does that mean that Lunara is also epic and not legendary, since shes also 7k?

pretty please?

She should be, I'd think, but I can't swear to it. They manipulated the value of some stuff for box parity.

And yeah, I've had at least one box with 2 epics, a legendary, and a rare. Couple with leg, epic, rare x2, and a ton of epic x2 boxes.

Store bought boxes, ah what a relief. Thought I was going crazy or was the unluckiest person on the planet.

The store bought boxes are the exact same ones you earn after each game breh. You are just unlucky. (and I was just incredibly lucky)

Kioshen

ive had boxes with 2 epics, and epics could be anything from the epic pool, so I can see that happening. I mean, ive gotten 2 epic skins in 1 box, same thing applies I guess.

hero prices are weird, you would think its by date of release, and it usually is, but why is Zeratul for example still 10k gold? Sylvannas is 7k for example.

pretty please?

A price reduction is at the mercy of a wheel spin at blizzard. For Zeratul, he's a really popular hero but also has a high skill floor to be effective. They probably try to delay new people from trying him out by having a high bar to clear before having access to him.

As for Lunara, since she's 7k she should be categorized as epic but I can't find any proof. You can look directly into the client for that if you want.

Because it can't be done vs the Ai, People are joining qm games to afk/bot/purposely throw and pissing off the hots players.

What should happen next time is force cross promo skins to also have a level requirement and make people have to care even a little

Imagine if Blizzard adds Wins at the requirement.

brian!

Honestly without a hero to show the skin like in ow loot boxes i cant remember a single skin ive gotten besides owlman medivh

Alur

Honestly without a hero to show the skin like in ow loot boxes i cant remember a single skin ive gotten besides owlman medivh

Skins seem to be the most common thing along with voicelines and emojis, so you probably got a bunch.

Well, there's a reason they are of a common level. Rare, Epic and veterans were much more generous in their content.

That's what I thought, but apparently these common boxes drop heroes all the time. Just unlucky on my end. At least I have my Zeratul emojis.

Rhaknar

when you are sure you are going to lose the whole game and one of your teammates is constantly disconecting and reconnecting, to all of a sudden turning the game around and winning

Fans_war_face.gif

I'm sure this is a moba thing or whatever, I dont play those other games, but this feeling... man. Im not even that much of a MP guy either.

Alur

Fans_war_face.gif

I'm sure this is a moba thing or whatever, I dont play those other games, but this feeling... man. Im not even that much of a MP guy either.

Same. I got it a bit in SWTOR PVP too, but yeah feelsgoodman. Also that GIF, always a good one.

just reroll if you got the gold lol.

i sometimes wish OW had a reroll. i'm just sitting in coins

Wouldn't that be nice? I wonder if they'll eventually add it. They seem to be crossing the streams a lot on ideas between the two games. Even Lucio's rework implemented something that was in HOTS first, though I assume the HOTS devs were told of it's impending arrival to OW.

Altairre

when you are sure you are going to lose the whole game and one of your teammates is constantly disconecting and reconnecting, to all of a sudden turning the game around and winning

When you are making a comeback on ToD after being down 20 points and your team overcommits to a fight under the an enemy fort right before the the three altars are up that would win you the game and you can't do anything but watch

Pygrus

I just had a great quick match.

2 players on my team not doing anything. Spent the first minute trying to get them to contribute. Team on the other end has the whole team trying and there is nothing we can do about it.

Other team makes it into our base and is about to win. They stop going for the core and back off. Our team just keeps clearing out creeps as the funnel in and other team is just sitting outside /dancing.

Eventually the guys who are trying to throw the match end up quitting and when the bots take over and try to move out, the other team comes in and finishes off the core.

Rhaknar

oh got the Kerrigan "Nova" skin, or whatever that thing is called. The OG blue one too.

edit: and another legendary, Abathur dupe... I guess he's legendary (he is 10k afterall) >_>

I almost rerolled the box but then I would probably get 4 commons or something. 400 shards is pretty good, hell I just crafted one of the cyber wolves for the Ghost Kerri skin for 400 shards (gotta keep dat skin/mount coodination!)

Rhaknar

Played Uther for the first time in probably a year.

Holy shit!

good?

just tried out that Ghost Kerrigan skin in a match, damn those Kerrigan shields now are no joke :eek:

psyfi

Banned
We won :)

This is the most I've ever played a PC game, lol. The M+KB controls are taking me forever to get used to.

pros seem to hate the current meta. See bunch people calling it the worst ever. Bakery basically said assassins are almost obsolete.

I've watched hasuobs lose against triple support with just a valla. It was disgusting. Even when they killed someone Auriel had resurrect or they just killed them on the back of their heals.

kirblar

It seems like Malf has been a big part of the problem, once they let him stay as is he became the new standard in healing and we've got healing creep as a result.

brian!

Have they been upped? I guess to a certain extent. Before it was already kinda standardized dbl support with tass and zarya -> big buff to lili and reworking uther to be a pretty ideal dbl support makes it untenable to ban out. already dbl support was strong due to dbl warrior being prominent, the key to solving this is reigning back stuff like arthas and zarya and upping burst dmg. Oh also abolish this dumbass some warriors get phys armor some get spell armor shit

Oh and i guess i have no problem with nerfing healing across the board. But i mean thats like a larger thing that can be thought about more gracefully. Wouldnt solve malf who isnt a great healer to begin with

Biggest thing that should change with Malf is a nerf to Twilight Dream imo. Either the dmg or silence time should be reduced.

I think it should be the dmg.

I remember a few years ago I used to pick Twilight Dream with Malfurion

But people would bitch and go 'NOOO GET HIS HEAL' every single time

but now they know

Breezy was right™

I wouldnt want them to nerf it but yeah this is a top 2 reason he is op

Well that and he just does everything else so well. He has a spammable W that can wave clear, do poke dmg, and snipe fleeing heroes. He's got an aoe snare for CC, oh and he's the only hero in the game that can restore mana for allies.

To top that off, he still gets all the other goodies like cleanse, shrink ray, scout drones, bolt of the storm and iceblock. No other healer in the game has even half the utility that malf does.

Where every other healer has their drawbacks. Malf has none cause his utility and options are just so insane.

edit: And I just got the Brightwing announcer from a Brightwing box, feels good man.

Top Bottom