• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

brian!

Well that and he just does everything else so well. He has a spammable W that can wave clear, do poke dmg, and snipe fleeing heroes. He's got an aoe snare for CC, oh and he's the only hero in the game that can restore mana for allies.

To top that off, he still gets all the other goodies like cleanse, shrink ray, scout drones, bolt of the storm and iceblock. No other healer in the game has even half the utility that malf does.

Where every other healer has their drawbacks. Malf has none cause his utility and options are just so insane.

edit: And I just got the Brightwing announcer from a Brightwing box, feels good man.

Yeah well put, it's the buff to twilight and his e being usable in a non-followup situation that do it in my book.

But yeah right now i think every single healer is strong and on top of "why take a melee assassin ill just take another warrior" it's "why take a ranged assassin ill just take another support"

Malf's got a drawback, his Heals over Time are bad at dealing with burst damage. Brightwing has the same issue. When you've got enemy heroes that can just delete 1K of health in a second, those HoTs aren't so great versus the more standard burst healers that can just instantly replenish a heroes health.

Malf's got a drawback, his Heals over Time are bad at dealing with burst damage. Brightwing has the same issue. When you've got enemy heroes that can just delete 1K of health in a second, those HoTs aren't so great versus the more standard burst healers that can just instantly replenish a heroes health.
he can pre HoT in anticipation of fights and teams are relying on CC to set up these blowups which malf stops with cleanse.

Ketch

They need to take fucking cleanse off malf already.

Burst/pickoffs is supposed to be his weakness.

And take iceblock too.

Definitely a consideration they reworked brightwing years ago because the most popular build was all generics and Malf is right up there with Scouting Drone, Iceblock, Cleanse and Bolt.

Zackat

Is there any rhyme or reason to the different gold costs of heroes? Does it ever change up?

they go down. but basically it is a weird function of how long they have been out to how difficult they are to play. like The Lost Vikings and Abathur will be 10k gold forever. Jaina and Johanna have dropped in price over time and they are easier to play.

newly released heroes cost 15k for 2(?) weeks then drops to 10. I dunno how often they reduce hero gold prices.

Dreavus

Just had a Valeera pick on Braxis in ranked. The map's too small for that man! Our damage suffered insanely and it was just a big ol' stomp.

When do you pick a hero like that? Bigger maps where you roam around right? Still trying to learn drafting in this game.

Apathy

I'm new, i know i suck, but holy fuck do i hate everyone that is playing for the fucking skin and just that.

just had match that went pass level 20, with a lucio that healed for 30k. 30 fucking k. I can do that in a 10 minute ai match.

Edit: see, the next lucio i got, 55k and we got to level 16 and we were trouncing the other team solo no big team fights

aw. i got d/c because power went out. joined the game. to finish off the match. and didn't realized it kicked me from the group as well. figured rejoining would leave me in the party. i guess it doesn't :/ hopefully my friend got the credit for the nexus challenge.

Dreavus

I'm new, i know i suck, but holy fuck do i hate everyone that is playing for the fucking skin and just that.

just had match that went pass level 20, with a lucio that healed for 30k. 30 fucking k. I can do that in a 10 minute ai match.

Edit: see, the next lucio i got, 55k and we got to level 16 and we were trouncing the other team solo no big team fights

Sometimes it's hard with the team you get.

My games today have mostly been pretty bad and it's just from bad play. A couple of tanks that think tanking means you just dive in, random stealth hero pickups in draft that do nothing for the team, people giving up really early for no real reason.

The most recent one we had was still a loss but at least it was a good match.

Apathy

Ok i am about to break with all these shitty shitty OW people that are doing this just for the skin. they are ruining the games. Like either make this shit be completed against the AI again or make it so anyone under 100 can just be paired with each other, hell make it like under 50, lord knows most OW players aren't getting passes that

Fancolors

Is it just me or Li Li + any other support is stupidly strong? Feels like this plus any tank like Varian or Muradin could just walk over any team.

Top Bottom