• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Altairre

5man stack could just be #teamthrower though.

They were definitely not. We were down most of the match and they deathballed pretty effectively after 10 but I got a five man march off and pretty much killed their entire team. Fish tank was invaluable as well cause they had mostly auto attackers. Then the slime cooldown reduction at 20 and they couldn't recover at that point.

5 stack doesnt mean a "pre made" in the sense we use it, could just be people grouping for the quest tbh

I know, I'm just used to getting stomped by five man stacks.
You team loading into the match after looking at the matchup:

Your team post game after beating the try-hard collective:

EucIfYY.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
when you have a bot Artanis in your hanamura and all he does is get merc camps

giphy.gif

Altairre

What is it with Artanis players wanting to get camps all the time. At the worst moments too. Altars are up on ToD? Let's get a merc camp. Immortals are up on BoE? Let's get a merc camp. Not like we need our frontline anyway.

brian!

Prob entrapped by that lvl 1 talent, kinda like how newer players were entranced with merc lord when that was still around

Kioshen

mewn's stream is hilarious right now but good lord how much people can throw money at a streamer. A bunch stormstout facts trolling but between them a bunch of 200$+ donations. I'm baffled.

scoobs

Only took Mewnfare a little over a week to go from "Genji is bad he needs buffs" to "Ok, Genji is tier 1." This dude has literally zero foresight lol.

Also he just got $800 in donations. Fuck my life.

Edit: $1500 now. Holy fucking god

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
are you saying bot Artanis was mimicking real players?

its learning :eek:

Alur

mewn's stream is hilarious right now but good lord how much people can throw money at a streamer. A bunch stormstout facts trolling but between them a bunch of 200$+ donations. I'm baffled.

Also he just got $800 in donations. Fuck my life.

Edit: $1500 now. Holy fucking god

I could be even saltier than him if someone wants to give me all that money each day. Wouldn't even be hard for me to get to that place amirite Milly? kek

Kioshen

After the genji game in ToD that made him tilt and put genji at tier 1, his donations counter went from 150$ to 1500$+. Edit: and then another 1000$ ... whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy <_>

@Alur

You gotta be a salty top8 GM though.

Alur

What? Artanis is great at taking mercs especially when no one else can/will take them. Stupid people doing stupid things at bad times isn't unique to Artanis.

If you want Artanis taking your heal camp on Hanamura, sure. If you want him taking one of the others, I'd hope you have someone else. There's plenty of others I'd take ahead of him. If you're argument is merely than he can do it somewhat serviceably, yeah sure, but not someone I'd want doing it because he's not exactly efficient even with Amateur Opponent.

brian!

Eh he was going off the top of his head but i kinda got the gist. because of supports in this game being variations of heal gimmicks they have become pretty specialized and are picked accordingly to these specialties (except malf who's only real weakness is no aoe heal and he's good at everything). In a game that only requires 3 heroes archetypes and (in his opinion, i disagree) often revolves around posturing around objectives the comp you build will often be an attempt to optimize these scenarios. Currently the best for this is dbl support due to balancing (weak assassins, strong warriors and supports who can provide dmg) and the complaint is that while shield meta took skill (timing dependent for both teams) dbl heal is just running into each other until the team w/ the superior numbers wins out in the end.

He suggests that the reasons for this are both due to base game design (his comparison to how league can function perfectly well and being more rigid due to roles vs. hots which always allows for two flex spots) and map design, which i would agree are big things that factor into why metas like this can emerge

One suggestion ive been seeing thrown around a lot is diminishing heals (heals healing for less if the target was recently healed), but i feel like that would be a pretty big qol issue, like it wouldnt feel good at all to throw down an uther q and have it be reduced

Danj

Is there a thread to ask for people to add to friends list to do the Nexus Challenge with? The guy I did week 1 with isn't available at the moment, I was hoping to be able to do week 2 tonight? EU region.

Also I'm not one of those people who just throws the game or whatever, I'm happy to play it seriously.

brian!

I think he's smart about it but, like anyone, can kinda get blinders on when thinking stuff out. That's why it's good to have a coach! I feel for him this episode tho, cuz the only ppl to talk to are jake and zoia lol

Zomba13

Is there a thread to ask for people to add to friends list to do the Nexus Challenge with? The guy I did week 1 with isn't available at the moment, I was hoping to be able to do week 2 tonight? EU region.

Also I'm not one of those people who just throws the game or whatever, I'm happy to play it seriously.

I'd be up for doing it with you. Zomba13#1502. My friend I play OW with does these things in a 5 stack of his friends because he hates the game so much so I can't do it with him and my other friends I have on Bnet are unreliable.

Rhaknar

im done with Kerrigan. Its basically a situation where I like the character and the moves, but im absolute shit with her apparently. Oh well plenty more to use.

I even have the combo down no problem, but I just...I just die man. I just die. /shrug

scoobs

im done with Kerrigan. Its basically a situation where I like the character and the moves, but im absolute shit with her apparently. Oh well plenty more to use.
She takes dedication to get really good at, no doubt. It can be frustrating learning her ins and outs, but when you do... oh boy. She carries so freaking hard.

Prelude.

Wanna see how bad it can get when your only goal is to buy lootboxes with donations? Watch this.

Spoiler:
He buys 300+ lootboxes and every character in the game.

Kioshen

I even have the combo down no problem, but I just...I just die man. I just die. /shrug

I tried her a couple of times recently because I got the cheerleader skin and I totally understand where you're coming from. She has to be so careful to not being blown up I actually prefer to play Alarak than her.

Wanna see how bad it can get when your only goal is to buy lootboxes with donations? Watch this.

Spoiler:
He buys 300+ lootboxes and every character in the game.

I can't even.

FinKL

Getting back into it with the 2.0 and in my loot chests I got Rexxar and Probius which isn't bad.

I'm trying to learn Probius as for some reason he's at the top of HotsLog, but I just don't see it? I mean besides the instant free wave clear and always speed boost, it's very difficult landing Rift Explosions. It's so hard that I'm playing the Rift skill like a Malf root, where I have to anticipate where they'll be ahead of time to deny the area and if they jump in then I'll try to explode it.

Any thoughts on Probius from experienced users?
For builds I go
1) Cannon/Shields/Pylon Overload especially for Stealthies (Lvl1 talent uncloaks them!)

and still playing around with the Q build and W (rift explosion) build. I'm liking the Q, but W sure does do a lot of damage.

Also divers/stealthies wreck the dude. He might have the lowest HP besides Murky I've ever used.

Altairre

What? Artanis is great at taking mercs with amateur opponent, especially when no one else can/will take them. Stupid people doing stupid things at bad times isn't unique to Artanis.

Edit: If Artanis is your only frontline you have bigger problems

Artanis taking a merc camp solo takes a pretty long time so it's probably not a good idea to do it when a team fight is going on. I know that it isn't unique to Artanis, just that I noticed a couple of Artanis players on my team doing it over the last two weeks or so. Was all in good fun. Also it's qm so it's not rare that Artanis is the only frontline.

Kerrigan in qm is pretty hit or miss because once you go in with her you are commited. Without much of a frontline or a support she can get bursted down rather quickly. If you're out of position and there's no minion wave to q on...you dead. That being said, if you hit your combo and your team follows up she can be really effective.

scoobs

Artanis taking a merc camp solo takes a pretty long time so it's probably not a good idea to do it when a team fight is going on. I know that it isn't unique to Artanis, just that I noticed a couple of Artanis players on my team doing it over the last two weeks or so. Was all in good fun. Also it's qm so it's not rare that Artanis is the only frontline.

Kerrigan in qm is pretty hit or miss because once you go in with her you are commited. Without much of a frontline or a support she can get bursted down rather quickly. If you're out of position and there's no minion wave to q on...you dead. That being said, if you hit your combo and your team follows up she can be really effective.
Not if you take Amateur Opponent (which you almost always should)

Prelude.

The trick to Kerrigan is to wear the cheerleader outfit. I have been winning since I did that.

http://i.imgur.com/09NHarF.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
He just wants to be the prettiest.
[quote="Maledict, post: 235724074"]Well this is odd. I have just got the Play versus AI 3 times quest ion my main account?[/QUOTE]
Same. On the day week 2 of the event started.

Rhaknar

well I didnt like Gul'Dan but I loved Li Ming, time to give ol' Kael a second chance?

I hated him back when I used to play the first time around, but all my tastes seem to have changed now apparently so maybe he'll click with me.

Whats do the kids use then? Hotslogs seems to favor flamestrike over living bomb.

edit: EU seems busted, got a notice there was a patch, restarted, patch was some fix with gem amount display, and now cant get back on, always disconect. Already a thread on it on the forums so I guess its not just me.

Danj

Has anyone else's Blizzard App gone screwy after tonight's HOTS update? I can't get it to load properly, and when it does load properly it won't connect to battle.net properly... app says I'm online but HOTS won't let me in.

Rhaknar

Has anyone else's Blizzard App gone screwy after tonight's HOTS update? I can't get it to load properly, and when it does load properly it won't connect to battle.net properly... app says I'm online but HOTS won't let me in.

probably this

edit: EU seems busted, got a notice there was a patch, restarted, patch was some fix with gem amount display, and now cant get back on, always disconect. Already a thread on it on the forums so I guess its not just me.

Danj

Well shit. How long does it usually take for them to fix this sort of thing?

Kioshen

Getting back into it with the 2.0 and in my loot chests I got Rexxar and Probius which isn't bad.

I'm trying to learn Probius as for some reason he's at the top of HotsLog, but I just don't see it? I mean besides the instant free wave clear and always speed boost, it's very difficult landing Rift Explosions. It's so hard that I'm playing the Rift skill like a Malf root, where I have to anticipate where they'll be ahead of time to deny the area and if they jump in then I'll try to explode it.

Any thoughts on Probius from experienced users?
For builds I go
1) Cannon/Shields/Pylon Overload especially for Stealthies (Lvl1 talent uncloaks them!)

and still playing around with the Q build and W (rift explosion) build. I'm liking the Q, but W sure does do a lot of damage.

Also divers/stealthies wreck the dude. He might have the lowest HP besides Murky I've ever used.

I followed this guide when I played him but not sure if it's still relevant after his changes. It was working for me at least once I got used to his squishiness. For landing rifts explosions you need to place them between you and them to zone them out and create a barrier. You can spam them because of your pylon sustain just lay them out to remove the minions in the lane so that your minions help you instead.

Edit: Authentication issues again.

Milly79

well I didnt like Gul'Dan but I loved Li Ming, time to give ol' Kael a second chance?

I hated him back when I used to play the first time around, but all my tastes seem to have changed now apparently so maybe he'll click with me.

Whats do the kids use then? Hotslogs seems to favor flamestrike over living bomb.

Take your pick. I like the Q build the best, followed by the trait/AA build. W feels weak to me.

FoxSpirit

EU Overwatcher with LoL experience and a few HotS games looking for coop play for Overwatch skins. Have support bundle.
Foxspirit#1591

I've been playing some varian as he's in the rotation.

Feels absolutely absurd, literally just make people kill themselves by taunting them into parry. Invulnerability after invulnerability after invulnerability. I feel like an actual God.

Mupod

my friend got a 30 day stimpack somehow and has no idea where. He was a bit higher level than me before the 2.0 update, was it a reward from that or did he find it in a loot box (without noticing).

I've found a 7 and 3 day so far. I was saving my gems for stimpacks but I'm tempted to just throw em at loot boxes and hope for the best...what kind of box do you get when you buy one, anyways? Common/rare/epic?

Top Bottom