• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Prelude.

I've been playing some varian as he's in the rotation.

Feels absolutely absurd, literally just make people kill themselves by taunting them into parry. Invulnerability after invulnerability after invulnerability. I feel like an actual God.
I played a match against him and Anub'arak, the cc was fucking ridiculous.

I need help with 3 more games in hots. Can anyone lend me a hand? KingRuiner#1482

Im sure you all are tired of dealing with us ow players, but I am enjoying my time with hots

slabrock

Banned
Got Cassia out of a regular loot box; the only hero I have gotten before that was Zagara I believe. Well uther out of that training box.

FinKL

I followed this guide when I played him but not sure if it's still relevant after his changes. It was working for me at least once I got used to his squishiness. For landing rifts explosions you need to place them between you and them to zone them out and create a barrier. You can spam them because of your pylon sustain just lay them out to remove the minions in the lane so that your minions help you instead.

Thanks for this, pretty much how I was trying to play him.

Lili is OP I swear to god. She's so much fun though lol

me in HL a few mins ago. Yep. she isn't tier S. but she is just a notch below. Almost top damage, while putting out really good healing numbers.

Heroes_of_the_Storm_05.04.2017_-_18.46.52.07.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I was a LiLi fanboy since day 1, she was my first 10.

People laughed at me :(

Alavard

Cassia's level 4 talent Inner Light is my new favorite talent for her. Causes her blind to go off whenever she's Stunned or Rooted (with an internal 6s cooldown). And increases the radius of the blind.

Went up against a team with an Auriel, Diablo, Butcher, and Xul - so many extra blinds for free. It's hilarious watching the Butcher charge into you only for him to be auto blinded.

The azmodunk skin has made me absolutely fall in love with azmodan. Everything about it is awesome, from the new sound effects for skills. I love the clapping sound when you E someone. To actual new voice clips, not just an altered voice.

Definitely a top tier legendary skin, probably in the top two with Monkey King Samuro.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
why the fuck am I seeing so many Abathur today, I dont think hes in the free rotation is he?

Also im taking Kael from 5 to 6 and he's still not doing it for me :/

The azmodunk skin has made me absolutely fall in love with azmodan. Everything about it is awesome, from the new sound effects for skills. I love the clapping sound when you E someone. To actual new voice clips, not just an altered voice.

Definitely a top tier legendary skin, probably in the top two with Monkey King Samuro.

You should try Monkey Brightwing

kirblar

why the fuck am I seeing so many Abathur today, I dont think hes in the free rotation is he?

Also im taking Kael from 5 to 6 and he's still not doing it for me :/
He's in the Flex bundle.

Kael is pretty boring, but he's very good against heavy melee comps.

Rhaknar

He's in the Flex bundle.

Kael is pretty boring, but he's very good against heavy melee comps.

Im sure he is, but as usual I don't mean if a hero is good or not when I say I like them.

Its like you say, he's very boring, I guess Li Ming was the mage exception for me as I dont like Jaina/Guldan/Kael :/

FoxSpirit

Doing the friend thing. Get completely creamed in one match because when your partner is lvl 40 and you 5 you get up against way too experienced people.
2nd match, 2 people chat and spanish and feed their asses off because they just want the 5 matches to be over.

Dear Blizzard, make it 3 wins plz.

kirblar

Im sure he is, but as usual I don't mean if a hero is good or not when I say I like them.

Its like you say, he's very boring, I guess Li Ming was the mage exception for me as I dont like Jaina/Guldan/Kael :/
I really like Jaina (second most played hero), because she can really blow people up. I'm not good enough w/ movement to play Li-Ming.

Rhaknar

I did buy the robot skin because...well its awesome. I might give him some more games, take him to 7 or something, dunno.

edit: his wave clear is fucking amazing at least

Rhaknar

35 minutes Cursed Hollow is sooooo exhausting ughh.

Check those two videos from Fan.

https://youtu.be/CSNSiVgc9zs

https://youtu.be/SztV0dTgL90

ok so something I already like about that video, he explains why the first Q talent while the best, most ppl dont finish the quest or do it very late in the game... which is whats happening to me and why I wanted to stop using it.

Its also why I kinda dont like going on hotslogs to see builds. When I was looking at the talents initially I imediatly gravitaded towards fel infusion, spell dmg AND heal from the trait, which im always spaming anyway especially after the mana talent? but since hotslogs said the first talent was the "best" thats what ive been running.

I am really really liking how he explains stuff, does he do this for all the heroes?

picked jaina for the first time. just because she had ice lol so i was just picking abilities. got a triple with her ult and Q with that runaway dude.

Rhaknar

Put a few more games into Kael, up to level 7...

giphy.gif

Im not giving up on him yet tho unlike Kerrigan, I actually do decent enough with him, and there's something there... I think. Im not sure. Hmmm.

I have one of the BW monkey tints, I enjoy it. :)

It's unironically my favorite skin. I didn't even like playing brightwing but when I tried her out and found out I had that skin(From the shurima bundle), I was freaking out and telling my friend 'THERE'S JUST A BUNCH OF MONKEY NOISES DOES BW EVEN TALK?'

ok so something I already like about that video, he explains why the first Q talent while the best, most ppl dont finish the quest or do it very late in the game... which is whats happening to me and why I wanted to stop using it.

Its also why I kinda dont like going on hotslogs to see builds. When I was looking at the talents initially I imediatly gravitaded towards fel infusion, spell dmg AND heal from the trait, which im always spaming anyway especially after the mana talent? but since hotslogs said the first talent was the "best" thats what ive been running.

I am really really liking how he explains stuff, does he do this for all the heroes?

I just had a twitch argument earlier today in dyrus twitch chat. Yes, convection is the best hypothetically. But until you get to a point where you can guarantee you will play safe enough to get it quickly and efficiently, take something else.

Of course I'm the idiot despite saying almost verbatim: "If you are inexperienced with KT and the enemy team has heavy dive, pick something else"? The response was a mixture of "You're just wrong." and "I'm a masters player bro. Trust me"

And then the circlejerk commences because the guy is a regular in Dyrus' chat. I just yawned and moved on.

fun Hanamura match. our team was doing well in the beginning. stayed a bit ahead in level. got some of the payload before them. destroyed one of their keep so we had an advantage. but we ended losing the battle closer to the end with 4 vs 1 left. we had 2 payload left on the map they just fired theirs. one of the payload was right there at the spot ready to fire. i was just respawning and pushed one of the payload top right to make up for lost time. for some odd reason the enemy team got off the other payload and started to engage in the mid of the map. i just continued pushing one of the payload. ended up crossing our other payload. just galloped my way to it to fire so it's 2v1 now. then hopped back to the other payload. i'm like. is this really happening a free payload? lol i guess it was. i don't think they realized i was pushing it. but we ended up winning the match in the end.

Celegus

Had my first instance of skin confusion... owl-man medivh and that weird super hero KT look awfully similar to each other when they're both running around together. Trying to keep track of that on top of the normal madness that is playing misha with her pet rexxar into KT was interesting.

Rhaknar

Any Arthas fans around? I like him but have always had a hard time settling in a build. Any pointers?

Fancolors

my prayers have finally been answered and i dropped muradin in a box

edit: jesus i found out my friend dropped 15 days worth of stim

Dreavus

Some people just always want to fight in this game. They can't accept when they've lost an objective. My V key is going to be broken at this rate.

Like, Stitches my man, we're 2 down and yes, they are capturing the shrine. They won the team fight, so that's their reward! You alone can't actually do anything to stop them! Now you're just going to die too! Now our death timers are staggered to hell and what went from a really bad team fight just turned into our core blowing up!

It is suddenly occurring to me how much this game needs VOIP when trying to play HL.

Alur

I was sort of part of the problem tonight.

Some OW friends got a full group together with me and we threw games on purpose because my MMR was so high they just kept getting rekt. Had a lot of fun throwing once we committed, though. Taught them how to B-step and BM the opponent, and even ran some Cho'Gall so we could kill them while they ran all over us due to feeding. Hopefully our opponents enjoyed the two free wins on their way to a D.Va skin.

My V key is going to be broken at this rate.

V keys take a beating in Heroes of the Storm. RIP the letter V.

Fancolors

Had some fun today. Li Li is stupidly strong, though part of it seems to be because a lot of dps likes to jump on her and forget she can blind them

It's unironically my favorite skin. I didn't even like playing brightwing but when I tried her out and found out I had that skin(From the shurima bundle), I was freaking out and telling my friend 'THERE'S JUST A BUNCH OF MONKEY NOISES DOES BW EVEN TALK?'

You should get the BW announcer. When you die she says "You want to take nap!! Brightwing will take nap with you!!! hodododo"

Rhaknar

Yeah im really hard into this again. Oh well. I can say ill take it easy all I want, but I dont want to play anything else except this now so... I guess I wont say that anymore.

#yolo #untiltheburnout #imnotgettinganyyounger

Srey did a video on Genji, raised some good points that makes me rethink the way I play him.

I hadn't really considered D talent at 1 but seeing it in action it does give you a free engage, also gotta have to try master Shingan the damage really does look good.

JP_

Banned
Yeah im really hard into this again. Oh well. I can say ill take it easy all I want, but I dont want to play anything else except this now so... I guess I wont say that anymore.

#yolo #untiltheburnout #imnotgettinganyyounger

Have you just tried playing a few games a day to keep up with the daily challenges? I've been doing that as I've been playing for a couple years now with no burnout.

Rhaknar

Have you just tried playing a few games a day to keep up with the daily challenges? I've been doing that as I've been playing for a couple years now with no burnout.

4ae7049dde4df8334644639bcae6c4ac.jpg

Kioshen

I just had a twitch argument earlier today<snip<

Right there is where you went wrong. Trying to argue on twitch is like trying to argue with a room full of monkey already throwing feces at each other. You lose one way or another.

In heroes it always depends on the situation. Blindly following build guides is not a good way to go. Fan does put content out in between scrims but he's not the most prolific. When he does however, it's good content.

Some people just always want to fight in this game. They can't accept when they've lost an objective. My V key is going to be broken at this rate.

Like, Stitches my man, we're 2 down and yes, they are capturing the shrine. They won the team fight, so that's their reward! You alone can't actually do anything to stop them! Now you're just going to die too! Now our death timers are staggered to hell and what went from a really bad team fight just turned into our core blowing up!

It is suddenly occurring to me how much this game needs VOIP when trying to play HL.

Be very careful what you wish for. Double retreat ping is all you can do. If they don't wake up then it's on them and no amount of voice explaining while change anything.

V keys take a beating in Heroes of the Storm. RIP the letter V.

Funny thing is that when I play with you I usually overextend more than usual so that key gets a workout. When I play with Milly I seem to tunnel vision more and miss skills shots that I normally don't. When playing with Proto I'm in full try hard mode and you never get to see that type of play I do with him. It's weird.

It seems all the league pros actually enjoy the game? Gonna be good exposure if they stick around.

One has already said that he will keep playing the game but offstream. Still, this event is a sleeper hit it looks like. Lots of clip running around in reddit at least.

Top Bottom