• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

scoobs

I love Cassia, and think she's one of the best ranged heroes in a long time. Complex but really powerful in the right circumstances, and I love her basic kit.

Her AA range is so short, and her ability range is so long that it just feels awkward/bad to play for me.

Celegus

I was doing Q build for a while, but E build just does insane burst if you can line it up right. Still need some more time with her, but I think she's fun.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I'm trying really hard to like Cassia but holy crap does she feel terrible to play. Just awful, awful stuff. You have to play her as a ranged AA'er but her range is essentially melee. Can't use Fend unless you just want to instantly die. Her Q is boring and fairly insignificant. Buuuuut her ults are fun, so she's got that going for her, which is nice.

man i am really digging her

burst damage feels really satisfying

Kioshen

It's the only lunar skin I like, and it's soooooooo good. Turquoise skin with the turquoise magic carpet mount is a perfect match, and she looks amazing.

giphy.gif

Altairre

Let's see, one game where peole were actively throwing, one game where our Rexxar disconnected immediately so we had a bot the entire game and one game on shrines where literally three people in my team ignored the objective and didn't even contest. #weekendhots

Only three wins in my last eleven games. Feelsbadman.

scoobs

Ragnaros on a smurf account isn't even fair. I got double and triple Sulfuras Smashes every single time I used the thing last game. It feels bad, but at the same time it feels good. Kerrigan is the same situation, if you wanna practice your combos make a smurf account and go to town lol

Alur

Visuals are still kind of muddled, but I appreciate it having less complexity than League.

Are you saying you prefer League's visuals over HOTS or that you just aren't a fan of HOTS' visuals? Because if it's the former that would def be the first time I've heard that.

if you wanna practice your combos make a smurf account and go to town lol

Works on PTR too. That's what I did while it was up forever. Played like 30 games on Kerrigan with her new cheerleader skin, was fun.

Fancolors

Now that HotS has lootboxes, maybe blizz should start doing the same thing Valve and Hi-Rez does. Bribe people with boxes so they watch the streams.

Has anyone tried to play another MOBA at the same time? Been experimenting with Dota a bit this week. Tough with the much longer matches, but it's pretty cool to see other takes.

Ketch

Quick question because I don't remember. Does vorpal blade break drain life?

I think that teleports only break channeled spells if you get out of range.

So no, vorpalling to guldan while he channels on you probably does not break the channel.

Once you get latter in levels though you should be able to kill him through life drain.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
another cool thing about Sylv (I guess that goes for any siege hero tho) is how disruptive they can be so you always have to have someone on them, sometimes 2 ppl which makes it easier for your team even if you arent in TFs.

Anyway im really liking dedicating more time into 1 character up to 10, theres that nice reward with the 2 boxes and the 500g at the end, and you put in a nice amount of games to really get a good sense on them, both to learn them and especially to know if you like them or not. Actually looking forward to resuming Kael'Thas after Sylv.

edit: to the question in hand, in my 2 year absense from HotS, I did not touch another moba. I had no desire then to try or "upgrade" to a "better" moba, nor do I now, or ever really. HotS was the perfect storm of a universe I know very well (kinda how I played 2k hours, yes, thousand) of Marvel Heroes mostly for the universe, but I dont care to play the other Diablo-style games which im very sure are better games (your path of exiles, grim dawns, etc), and also the shorter games and the shared xp. Its really a moba made for me I guess.

Kioshen

Are you saying you prefer League's visuals over HOTS or that you just aren't a fan of HOTS' visuals? Because if it's the former that would def be the first time I've heard that.

Well here's the second. One of my coworkers that played the game for the overwatch skin preferred lol visuals above hots. I was quite puzzled but he prefers cartoons look than realistic one. He thought the effects were better for some reason or at least less busy. I told him that he probably more used to effects of lol because hots was quite clean in that department.

Has anyone tried to play another MOBA at the same time? Been experimenting with Dota a bit this week. Tough with the much longer matches, but it's pretty cool to see other takes.

During heroes 2.0 downtime I revisited other mobas on the market and I appreciate heroes a bit more now. If I were younger with no kids I would play DotA 2 though.

Dreavus

I got went 3-7 and placed silver 1 in HL. Feels pretty bad, if I'm being honest! I've always been able to get into gold or above in the past although admittedly I don't play a whole lot beyond placements. I'll try and make it into gold at least.

I just had a draft where they first picked Chromie, I countered with Anub'arak third pick, then they last picked Kael'thas (?) while already having a double support set up. Maybe he was close to leveling?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
how do you Tyrande? do you just throw owls out there? :eek:

Rhaknar

hmmm she seems... cool? Very different, kinda into her. Deffinately interested in putting more games in.

Getting kills with random ass cross field owls is never not hilarious.

@rhak have they done anything to MH since I quit about a year back? It was fun, but became piontless after a while (imo) and Diablo just seemed to grab me more for some reason, which is odd because I love marvel (fuck D.C.).

no, its as pointless as ever. Even the most hardcore (like me) dont even play it anymore. They had a supposed big patch that would change all the loot, which would at least give you a excuse to play all your shit again to get new loot, but it hasnt come yet.

Milly79

@rhak have they done anything to MH since I quit about a year back? It was fun, but became piontless after a while (imo) and Diablo just seemed to grab me more for some reason, which is odd because I love marvel (fuck D.C.).

Altairre

Yeah they had a big update that added a talent system and reworked every hero to some degree. Loki has a elemental sword build now that's pretty fun. The progression and endgame is still pretty much the same because, as Rhaknar said, they haven't overhauled the loot system yet. They want to introduce pieces that can change certain skills or how you use them similar to Diablo but fuck if I know when it'll come to that. I still level/prestige a hero every now and then when I just want to turn my brain off and kill stuff for a bit.

sniping people with nova on hanamura. xD just running around the payload to contest. i don't think other realize what was going on lol.

Alur

Well here's the second. One of my coworkers that played the game for the overwatch skin preferred lol visuals above hots. I was quite puzzled but he prefers cartoons look than realistic one. He thought the effects were better for some reason or at least less busy. I told him that he probably more used to effects of lol because hots was quite clean in that department.

I guess the old saying is true. There really is a defense force for everything.

Liquid has been kinda not good a bunch ever since the western clash.

Every time a team takes that org's name it happens.

Rhaknar

trying a bit of Nova in a bot match, my god im horrible

I feel like im half decent with Zera in contrast, I guess because he doesnt really involve skillshots (well except for the spike)

edit: Xul in this bot match has a scarecrow skin and it looks amazing

i was doing so good on sky temple with nova. then my team who knows what they were doing anymore mid game. went from like 11-0 to 8 deaths in a short time RIP then again they let the core get die at the end.

Alur

how did naventic get so bad? beyond kenma and never playing the game I mean. i like to think it's karma for their shitty owner and his attitude

omg. all we had to do was capture one of the altar to win. Ping the team but they too busy fighting at the other altar that was already loss. oky.

Top Bottom