• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Fancolors

Says it's diamond, so I guess it's good?

Dunno how I would fare on HL tho. I'm still not comfortable enough with my roster to go into comp, if unranked is anything to go by.

Alur

What is a decent MMR? I was finally able to upload 100 qm replays to hotslog, I have no idea if the number is good or not.

The vast majority of players are in the Silver/Gold region. Plat is better than like ~70% or more of players. Diamond is better than about 88-90% of players.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The vast majority of players are in the Silver/Gold region. Plat is better than like ~70% or more of players. Diamond is better than about 88-90% of players.

are you talking about QM or HL?

QB70NHo.gif

good times.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Continuing my discovery / rediscovery of heroes (not that anyone cares but ill still tell you anyway) we have:

Tyrande - Nope. Not for me man. Even on the wins she never feels good, I dont like her kit at all. Good skins but no.

Kael'Thas - Kael on the other hand is on a big upswing for me, im gettting more and more the hang of him, starting to have some real fun. Except when you have a suicidal Valeera ganking you the whole game like I just did, even if we had 2 other ppl near us. Like why, you just traded 1 for 1 and now you lost the objective, congratulations. So gonna focus on him for now up to 10 after that slight detour of 3 or 4 games on Tyrande.

edit: been crafting lots of skins and a couple of mounts, still got like 2900 shards. This crafting system shits all over the hearthstone one (from what I remember at least), well unless you want to craft legendaries.

Zackat

I maxed out Tyrande before they upped the level cap. I haven't really played her much since then. Maybe some when she was really OP for a while.

Kioshen

Time to start learning Gul'Dan to change it up a bit. I was apparently not doing the right q build tonight but next times it should be better.

Quonny

Thought I'd try and play some today. Friend wants the skin, I like MOBAs, let's do this. New game, let's have some fun.

2/2 games so far at least 2 AFKs.

brilliant

Fancolors

Thought I'd try and play some today. Friend wants the skin, I like MOBAs, let's do this. New game, let's have some fun.

brilliant

Yeah, there have been some reports of people afking/throwing for the skin, maybe you could try announcing on the main chat for people to add on your party to be sure it won't happen?

Alur

brilliant

=/ sorry to hear that. It's definitely rough in the starting MMR because of all the new faces. A good portion of them just want to throw as quickly as possible or otherwise be assholes while getting their 5 games in.

Blizzard should really consider changing it to 10 games with a win counting as 3 like others have suggested if they ever do something like this again.

Midnight to 8am

Ah, RIP. I did that for a few years. Actually liked it (minus RL friends/family not understanding why I wanted to sleep in the day/didn't answer the phone), but not a great thing to have going on once you have kids. You like the shift?

Rhaknar

Its fine, money is good and I got no kids so. Also im all alone and as long as work gets done, I can do whatever the fuck I want in the dead times, like watch full wwe ppvs live for example (lol).

Also, to remain on topic, I think in the end Kael will still not land in my "favorites" list. He will probably be in my "whatever" list, along with Raynor, Arthas and Malfurian. Like they are obviously good, and like them fine but...yeah whatever :p

I also have a "nope" list, which right now consists of Nova, Kerrigan, Tyrande, Rehgar (this one bummed me out), Tychus, Sonya and Auriel. Again, this is purely from a personal view of liking to play the heroes, not a statement on their power.

And Favorites would be Li Li, Stiches, Rag, Greymane, Morales, Hammer, Uther, Artanis, Murky, Zeratul, Zeebo, Valla, Sylvanas.

Lunara, Lucio and Li Ming also but I dont own them. Vikings, Azmo, Zaggy, Gazlowe, Butcher are all lvl 11 from before (Vikings are 15 actually) and in theory would be among the faves but I havent tried them again since returning and Rehgar was up there also and then he fell hard so you never know (I have a feeling that Gaz for example will fall from my list hard). So I got at least 2-3 of each role im not only confortable with but enjoy so thats fun. Im having fun taking a more analitical approach lately instead of just jumping from hero to hero. Which ill do when I finish the trimming mind you, but still :p

Im always a fan of making up my own little projects with games.

lol didn't realize widow's ult was unlimited range even though i read it so many times.if i realized i could just stayed in spawn and shot the core i would have without having to run over there to fight.

You mean Nova I assume? And it only has global range with the level 20 upgrade I believe.

lol didn't realize widow's ult was unlimited range even though i read it so many times.if i realized i could just stayed in spawn and shot the core i would have without having to run over there to fight.

Was there someone trying out Aba recently in this thread?

If so small trick is to cancel the symbiote (hat) immediately if the shield is used up, as the cooldown of using symbiote (hat) is shorter than the CD of the carapace (shield) while hatting someone and hatting someone resets all CDs. Important to notice that cancelling the hat also removes all the shielding you applied.
Also important is that abathur has 3 avenues at gathering XP. His body, his beetle and the hat. The beetle only gets XP on kills, the hat and body just have to be in sight range of minions dying.
Lastly Ultimate Evolution is global and removes Aba's body from the game for the full duration and can be used to dodge people looking for you.

Milly79

I was pretty out of it, and I remember you pissing me off with some snark comment. Although I did play a sick Greymane, you should take notes.

brian!

Was there someone trying out Aba recently in this thread?

If so small trick is to cancel the symbiote (hat) immediately if the shield is used up, as the cooldown of using symbiote (hat) is shorter than the CD of the carapace (shield) while hatting someone and hatting someone resets all CDs. Important to notice that cancelling the hat also removes all the shielding you applied.
Also important is that abathur has 3 avenues at gathering XP. His body, his beetle and the hat. The beetle only gets XP on kills, the hat and body just have to be in sight range of minions dying.
Lastly Ultimate Evolution is global and removes Aba's body from the game for the full duration and can be used to dodge people looking for you.

Wait, beetle gives exp off of kills? Thats the first i heard of that

Also nova ult is global and one of the strongest ults in the game

Top Bottom