• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Prelude.

What's the deal with Valeera's lv1? I don't understand why Combat Readiness is the least popular talent when, to me, it seems like the best overall. Unless the enemy team is full of heroes with high attack speed, 3 block charges are super good.

Celegus

Genji not 10k gold yet? Did the store not update yet or is it a different day now? I was thinking he would drop today, just barely hit 10k last night so that I can get him.

Alur

Genji not 10k gold yet? Did the store not update yet or is it a different day now? I was thinking he would drop today, just barely hit 10k last night so that I can get him.

Can't remember if it's Tuesdays or Wednesdays, but if it's today maybe it's just later. Sometimes they are pretty late on updating the store.

brian!

What's the deal with Valeera's lv1? I don't understand why Combat Readiness is the least popular talent when, to me, it seems like the best overall. Unless the enemy team is full of heroes with high attack speed, 3 block charges are super good.

I only have 2 games on valeera but i think combat readiness is pretty good for sure. Ppl prob dont realize they can stack 3 charges and then get 3 again when they open up. Still mainly useful against high dmg autoers tho

Honestly dont see the appeal of subtlety

scoobs

First time in a long time where QM matchmaker completely failed for me. 3 tanks, 1 support, 1 gazlowe vs 3 assasins, healer, tank. We did 4 damage total.

kk2Mtyz.jpg

Yup that seems to be consensus among pros.

In unrelated news BKB is back, took first seed for the crucible in EU. Granpkt (former, former Team Liquid) has 2nd seed and Atheroangel will probably be recruited for a team for phase 2 after splitting from Team Zealots (2nd Seed). He's been subbing a ton for Expert and some other teams.
The playoffs were shit though, Bo3 single elim after months of open dividion tournaments leading up to it.

scoobs

Spending all day playing Cassia, trying to figure out what pros see in her. She is the epitome of "meh." I just don't get it, why would you want a ranged assassin that has no range?

I use to play this game a lot in the past. Now I only play it to get my OW rewards. Why is Gazlowe still shit tier? Has he ever been viable?

kirblar

I use to play this game a lot in the past. Now I only play it to get my OW rewards. Why is Gazlowe still shit tier? Has he ever been viable?
Cause he blows low level people up- it's a problem endemic to turret characters. If they're pro-viable it makes them oppressive at low levels.

You can still play him though, into a heavy Melee team. Slowing turrets are real good.

scoobs

valla is more of a hyper dmg squisho and cassia is more of a hehe i sure am tanky and in ur stuff and bursting you type of deal

Ya but Cassia is only tanky against AA heroes, which aren't really big in the meta right now anyways. With the amount of magic damage being thrown around she's taking full damage in most scenarios. Idk, I just think shes kind of bad.

Celegus

I almost dont even want to play anymore thanks to this cross promotional bullshit. People are soooooo bad.

I have no idea if I actually like Genji or not. Tried him a couple times tonight but it's really hard to tell when you get matched with classics like "Split Push Ignore the ToD Altars Cassia" and "I think I'm a Tank?!? Malfurion"

Fancolors

Trying the new heroes in rotation, Samuro is fun but I think I prefer the other stealthy characters.

And I swear this game hates Chromie or something, there's always a Valeera or Nova on the other team. Always

lol. som people walked into my mosh pit. two altars appeared. we just needed one. RIP the enemy team on being baited. had a good team where i moshed like 3 people and azmodan ulted on them and got a triple kill.

That's uh... hmm. A publicity stunt if i've ever seen one. Dozens of GMs and several former pros that would love to sub in... But you bring in Dyrus whose hero pool is about 4 characters strong.

I like Dyrus, and Team 8, so I'm gonna tune in. This will be interesting to watch.

Ketch

Dyrus is a popular league streamer, that i think used to play professionally.

What are the hgc standings? How important is this t8 nt match?

brian!

Ya but Cassia is only tanky against AA heroes, which aren't really big in the meta right now anyways. With the amount of magic damage being thrown around she's taking full damage in most scenarios. Idk, I just think shes kind of bad.

It's actually magic dmg that's out of the meta, has been since they thought it was a good idea to put armor on warriors. Spell dmg still makes up a good chunk of dmg but you dont really see mages anymore besides chromie and kael and guldan on their maps. An early arthas pick might also spark a mage pick (prob guldan) but mainly im saying spell ppl are not good at dealing w/ what's strong atm (warriors and supports)

I dont really have a formulated opinion on her besides "oh she seems pretty strong", like i dunno her talents and stuff, but im just thinking about how shes been drafted. Shes prob at least top 5 tho for assassins atm. Top 3 are all dependent on autos too (valla gmane tychus) so blind feels a bit more valuable than usual.

Or like just straight up consider what happens when a zera tries to kill a cassia vs. a valla

scoobs

What is her win rate in HGC? Like I said, its just my opinion, she may very well be awesome and I just suck at her, but her kit doesn't jump out to me as a top tier assassin in any way. Any decent poke just obliterates her (Li Ming, Chromie, Nazeebo, Greymane cocktails, Lunara, Gul'Dan) all of which are totally in the meta.

The one thing she has going for her IMO is Charges Strikes at level 1, which is one of the dumbest, most blatantly superior talents in its tree that I've seen in a long ass time. Its already been nerfed once, and I imagine will be hit again shortly and I really wonder if her viability in the meta will disappear with it.

10-0 with Nova on Infernal Shrine. feelsgoodman. the only time i can "snipe" instead of OW. a little under 6K away from getting #1 hero damage.
got MVP too. but then again it's just QM and i'm probably playing with people just doing the nexus challenge ;P

XCMzgY6.jpg

brian!

What is her win rate in HGC? Like I said, its just my opinion, she may very well be awesome and I just suck at her, but her kit doesn't jump out to me as a top tier assassin in any way. Any decent poke just obliterates her (Li Ming, Chromie, Nazeebo, Greymane cocktails, Lunara, Gul'Dan) all of which are totally in the meta.

The one thing she has going for her IMO is Charges Strikes at level 1, which is one of the dumbest, most blatantly superior talents in its tree that I've seen in a long ass time. Its already been nerfed once, and I imagine will be hit again shortly and I really wonder if her viability in the meta will disappear with it.

Yah that talent seems to be a big deal, i think a big part of it is that she just got overbuffed. Also poke is real weak atm due to consistent dbl warrior/supp comps

she got a 53% winrate according to masterleague

You ever have the feeling that the better you do in a match, the better the chances are you win the game?

For the last 5 matches its been the exact opposite. My only win in that timespan was when I played horribly.

It feels bad when you've wasted a great performance. But you know what they say... Teamwork makes the dream work :-/

scoobs

You ever have the feeling that the better you do in a match, the better the chances are you win the game?

For the last 5 matches its been the exact opposite. My only win in that timespan was when I played horribly.

It feels bad when you've wasted a great performance. But you know what they say... Teamwork makes the dream work :-/

Ya its really hard to carry in this game unless you're playing in a game where you are way above the enemy skill level, does feel pretty shitty to have a great game on your hero but still have no chance at winning.

Alur

does feel pretty shitty to have a great game on your hero but still have no chance at winning.

I feel like this is 95% of my losses on Genji.

I'm up above 50% finally (started out 1-7 IIRC despite playing well), but having solo queue games where I'm like 12/8/1 with top damage or top soak (or even both) as fucking Genji is pretty indicative of how unlikely those games were for me to win. I even had one where I went 17/10/3 and we still lost.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just had a FANTASTIC back and forth Towers of Doom, think we ended with like 3 health, it was one of those games I wish there was all talk so I could congratulate everyone really. Super fun.

Was also using Muradin (its WC hero quest daily) and he seems fun? Very disuptive at least.

edit: also his mech skin is great.

edit: man hes fun!

Milly79

Yeah, Mura has always been strong. Also, his Mech skin has a weird way it shoots the Q out sometimes compared to his regular skins. Not sure if it was ever fixed, but I recall having some issues with it and others reporting it on Reddit.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I have a bunch of 8s and 7s to choose as my "take to 10" project, gave Johanna a spin. Much like Muradin, she seems to be mostly disruptive and annoying. And very much so.

One thing that made me lol was, a Cassia and then later especially a Nova trying to kill me (1v1 I mean). My reaction was pretty much this

When-Someone-Says-Enjoy-Getting-Up-Early-Getting-Stuff-Done-Before-Real-Day-Starts.gif

Like, Nova, hun, what are you doing? Youre just tickling me and now ill have to kill you. That game also had a very good Cho'Gall, and Cho seems ridiculously strong if played right?

edit: Genji is 10k now btw, for those that were asking earlier.

Kioshen

I feel like this is 95% of my losses on Genji.

I'm up above 50% finally (started out 1-7 IIRC despite playing well), but having solo queue games where I'm like 12/8/1 with top damage or top soak (or even both) as fucking Genji is pretty indicative of how unlikely those games were for me to win. I even had one where I went 17/10/3 and we still lost.

You are becoming such a Genji main that you were asking a lot for healing yesterday :3.

brian!

Starting to feel more and more that genji is high tier

Like logically tier 2 makes the most sense since he gets countered by so many things and he's a bad early pick but for some reason i feel like he's underrated regardless lol

Starting to feel more and more that genji is high tier

Like logically tier 2 makes the most sense since he gets countered by so many things and he's a bad early pick but for some reason i feel like he's underrated regardless lol

I've run into a few Genji/Morales combos and holy fuck do I hate Genji.

Mupod

I only spent 10 bucks on this game back when it came out, so I'd buy that welcome bundle if they put it up before I get bored and wander off again. Depends if anyone I play with keeps going after next week. How long does it usually take for PTR stuff to go live in HOTS?

I'm running out of stimpack time, still not sure how my friend got a free 30 day stimpack unless it was in one of his loot boxes and he never noticed. 30 days is probably way longer than I'll keep playing, but I could get 7 days now and then buy that bundle when it's up.

Too bad I couldn't save all the stimpacks I earned in the previous 'oh god please come back' events.

Top Bottom