• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

The most common thing I hear from toxic trolls "You must think your hot shit!!"

giphy.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that sounds like something you would say TO a troll, no offense

edit: hmm how do we feel about Kharazim? Played a few games with him, not sure what to think. He seems a lot more offensive than I remember, and the ones I've seen might aswell be playing a melee assassin that ocasionally heals.

Kioshen

Is it just Heroes or on my end I swear abilities but especially moving takes a half a second or so longer then it should to register, feels sluggish compared to Dota 2 and League makes hit moving a nightmare.

I have no problem stutter stepping in all three games myself. Dota2 has even more windup animations than Heroes, to be honest. Maybe it's your settings, ping or specific heroes you are having trouble with. In-Game you can press ctrl-alt-f to get a fps/ping display in the top right corner to check if your computer is keeping up. It will also tell you which server/region you are connected to and if you are lagging a bit behind. Right now the only hero where it could feel a little off stutter stepping in the game is Cassia.

What you could do is go into try mode with Valla and practice on the training dummy. In try mode, you can slow down time and get used to her animation at a slower pace then bring it back up to normal speed. You can do this with any other hero but Valla is probably the gold standard right now for AA assassins.

brian!

that sounds like something you would say TO a troll, no offense

edit: hmm how do we feel about Kharazim? Played a few games with him, not sure what to think. He seems a lot more offensive than I remember, and the ones I've seen might aswell be playing a melee assassin that ocasionally heals.

He's alright, picked if you want ms utility (heavyish melee team), burst dmg, and dont want to have to protect the supp

brian!

Genji available in this week's hgc right? I expect plenty of picks

Even tho the meta is bad for him i think he'll get picked a bunch

kofvscapcom

Neo Member
I really want that Infested Terran Tychus skin, but the RNG gods see fit to grant me a Butcherlisk skin instead. That's fine, the turning meat into vespene gas thing is really cool.

Many heroes have talents which reveal stealth heroes such as scouting drone, clairvoyance, rexxar flare, probius turret upgrade, chromie dragon vision, there's probably more but I forget. Then there's just heroes whose kits are really good at revealing, tassadar of course, but also any skill shot that damages can reveal, so things like Johanna's shield glare, muradins thunderclap, stitches slam, or illidans sweeping strike which are easy to aim and relatively low cost in CD or mana are great for it as well.

Tassadar can take them out of stealth every 30secs

First and foremost experience. Both in spotting stealth and in playing against them.

Against Nova the easiest trick in the laning phase is to always have minions between where you're standing and where Nova would attack from. Don't push it out too far, just let the minions fight each other staying in range to get XP, if you're on a squishy.

Certain heroes can place mines or hav a cone ability with a decent radius , knowing the usual spots where stealthy heroes camps helps alot , just throw a random skill on the bushes and they will ran away

So...? 1300?
When heroes stealth I've noticed a little blur - do they always blur like that so I can keep an eye out?

When heroes stealth I've noticed a little blur - do they always blur like that so I can keep an eye out?
Not always Valeera and Samuro both go completely invisible when they activate their stealth for a very short time. You can still hit them with Skillshots and AoE during that period but they'll remain in stealth and display an "Unrevealable" on screen at their position.
After a second or so they'll blur and shimmer like any other stealth hero.

Alur

Kinda perplexed why you can't outright buy D.Va to keep on PTR. It only gives me the option to earn gems from the PTR quest to buy her.

Kioshen

Porting a full transaction from ptr to live is much easier and painless than tracking gems, many other unlocks you could have done with gems and what's left afterward.

Alur

Don't come in here with that logic and shit Kio. Ain't nobody got time for explanations I'm trying to get my bitch on.

I don't even understand how I am supposed to play Gul'dan effectively. If I get in range to use Felfire or anything else I get insta-gibbed. The dude is so fragile.

Milly79

I don't even understand how I am supposed to play Gul'dan effectively. If I get in range to use Felfire or anything else I get insta-gibbed. The dude is so fragile.

He's not a good beginner hero, if that's what you're looking for. Took me forever to get a good hang of him, especially since you tap health for mana. Just keep playing around with him, and I fully recommend going Q build.

1- Q quest
4- Imporved mana tap
7- Either gain AP for less healing (better if you're solo queue with no healer), or Q lowers E.
10- Horrify
13- either healthstone or Q gives spell shield
16- Q damage stack
20- probably circle

brian!

E lvl 1 is good if you feel like q will be redundant that game (many melee, etc.)
Heal off minions lvl 4 is good if they are divey and on maps like braxis
Healthstone 13 is very strong
Horrify upgrade is prtty broken esp w/ upgraded e

Youd prob want the lvl 1 q talent or just go e build if you feel like you cant q safely, but the range on it is already quite long, make sure you are always moving like move before the q finishes

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wonder if the guaranteed random hero in that welcome box can be any hero, or its just from the "oldies" pool

Rhaknar

just got a lvl 3 on my team, a stiches that played like a ranged assassin, was always afraid to go in, and then on top, a nazeebo that never joined for objectives, just laned. Suffice to say it was fast...

why am I geting matched up with lvl 3s at lvl 396 >_>

just got a lvl 3 on my team, a stiches that played like a ranged assassin, was always afraid to go in, and then on top, a nazeebo that never joined for objectives, just laned. Suffice to say it was fast...

why am I geting matched up with lvl 3s at lvl 396 >_>
You both have 3 in your level

brian!

Dont believe qm matchmaking has anything do w/ account lvl, just mmr and hero lvl and role, but maybe i missed some sort of change

About loot boxes, can I save a bunch of them, wait for Dva release and open them to get a chance to drop her skins?

dat Blizzard math :eek:

Morales is by far the closest thing to a wow healer, its basically wack a mole with Q

Malfurion is actually a WoW healer, Moralez is the Medic from TF2.

Sadly Moralez and Lili kind of negates a Healing Monk from WoW to appear

brian!

Hm according to hotslogs metrics there are over 10k masters qm players in eu 🤔🤔

Dude should really switch it up to percentiles instead of putting static ranges

FinKL

Also, when I was playing around with Settings in beta, I found it significantly easier to see the blur on preset-high/very high (i forget) settings vs low settings. I still play on low for the sweet 120 frames though, and the blur is a little more difficult to see

Top Bottom