• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

scoobs

Just had an incredible comeback on Infernal Shrines w/ my buddies from RL who are very new to the game. Getting utterly smashed all game long, we have 1 keep left, they have all their forts. We hit 20, catch one guy out doing camps alone, then I land the king of all silence arrows on their entire team and we just SMASH them and roll through bot fort, keep, and core. Feelsgoodman. Dropped an animated "thumbs up" spray in front of their core, as is tradition.

thank you QM. other team was 17% left on the core. we were invulnerable. instead of pushing together for the core. they decide to not and just hang out around our area

Ketch

What exactly counters stealth heroes? Two games in a row of mine were dominated by a Nova.

Many heroes have talents which reveal stealth heroes such as scouting drone, clairvoyance, rexxar flare, probius turret upgrade, chromie dragon vision, there's probably more but I forget. Then there's just heroes whose kits are really good at revealing, tassadar of course, but also any skill shot that damages can reveal, so things like Johanna's shield glare, muradins thunderclap, stitches slam, or illidans sweeping strike which are easy to aim and relatively low cost in CD or mana are great for it as well.

Sarcasm

What is up with the everybody is a healer + damage and just all stick together?

This is really killing the fun as its the same crap over and over lol.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What is up with the everybody is a healer + damage and just all stick together?

This is really killing the fun as its the same crap over and over lol.

the game is heavily skewed to team fights, this is just how it is

edit: man this comeback with Graymane (for 3 assassin quest), game ended with 325k xp lol >_< chained 4 GFTT kills in a row near the end and it was, simply

tumblr_ogx1uaTwBD1vf6iono1_400.gif

What exactly counters stealth heroes? Two games in a row of mine were dominated by a Nova.
First and foremost experience. Both in spotting stealth and in playing against them.

Against Nova the easiest trick in the laning phase is to always have minions between where you're standing and where Nova would attack from. Don't push it out too far, just let the minions fight each other staying in range to get XP, if you're on a squishy.

Anyone still doing their Nexus Challenge games?

I'll do some QM with ya, arcstrike#1175

Certain heroes can place mines or hav a cone ability with a decent radius , knowing the usual spots where stealthy heroes camps helps alot , just throw a random skill on the bushes and they will ran away

So...? 1300?

D.Va's goliath skin is considered legendary so the pack with skins+D.Va is 1,650 gems on PTR. The skins cost 2,400 shards for each tint if you wanna go that route.

Alur

So...? 1300?

Dunno not able to log in on PTR and look, but you can check it that way. Looks like I was wrong though, as they've classified her bonus skins as legendary which jacks up the price a bit. Typically they're all a standard cost, ie: whatever the cost is for Genji + his skins on live is right now.

D.Va's goliath skin is considered legendary so the pack with skins+D.Va is 1,650 gems on PTR. The skins cost 2,400 shards for each tint if you wanna go that route.

Legendary skins are 1600 shards tho?

When new skins release their shard cost is jacked up. Kind of like a new tax. If you look on live, Genji and Auriel's new skins are epic which are normally 400 shards a tint, but they cost 600 shards a tint right now. This is probably the same thing.

Chromie's damage is stupid

Yes.

Kacar

So I just got to rank 65 and haven't gotten player experience in my last 5 or so games, whats the deal? Is there like a daily cap or some shit?

scoobs

Chromie's damage is stupid

Feels really bad getting hit by a random and undodgeable W+Q combo from across the damn map behind walls and shit, and having to back immediately. Just a shit hero designed by a likely awful human being. A good and decent person would never introduce such a terrible, awful, no good hero to this wonderful game.

Alur

So I just got to rank 65 and haven't gotten player experience in my last 5 or so games, whats the deal? Is there like a daily cap or some shit?

Rank 65? What? Level 65 you mean? There is no rank 65.

And there's no cap on experience at all in any mode to my knowledge. There used to be a ~20 games cap in AI mode but I would assume that's gone. In PVP modes WTF kind of system would that be. Sounds bugged or we're missing some context somewhere. Restart the client and see what it says.

Feels really bad getting hit by a random and undodgeable W+Q combo from across the damn map behind walls and shit, and having to back immediately. Just a shit hero designed by a likely awful human being. A good and decent person would never introduce such a terrible, awful, no good hero to this wonderful game.

How is it undodgeable the W reveals her and the Q is a windup. It's a game of chicken really.

Alur

How is it undodgeable the W reveals her and the Q is a windup. It's a game of chicken really.

Q is damn near undodgeable because inevitably she's gonna toss out more and more and you'll get distracted in a fight or she'll get lucky and get hit. The W is the same to a much lesser degree. The hero is all about rolling the fuck up ur lyfe fam RNG and hoping someone walks in it or can't walk out of it. Great design awesome gameplay 10/10.

I mean, shit ain't that hard to hit cause she tops the damage meters in every game I see her in. Even missing a bunch she's still obnoxious due to the output when the 40% that do hit actually hit.

Alur

I could swear she's revealed from outside of vision range and even over walls and terrain.

And that does who any good at that distance? Zeratul? Maybe Nova? Even Genji can't kill her quick enough without getting collapsed on or her going bye bye unless she's already chunked. It's just not fun to play against because you need her to be reckless or the team to be lackadaisical in protecting her in order to get to her with any reliability.

edit: also inb4 35th tri-annual chromie is cancer/chromie is amazing derby

Alur

We were talking about dodging her W not collapsing on her in any way. WQ is in no world or league undodgeable.

Already explained that. Read above. When you can Q endlessly it doesn't matter how much you dodge, unless you or the Chromie leave the area you're gonna get hit. If you happen to eat two, or get clipped with a W, congrats, you're out of the fight after two shots.

scoobs

We were talking about dodging her W not collapsing on her in any way. WQ is in no world or league undodgeable.

For example like on Towers of Doom. Say I'm clearing a creep wave mid. Chromie is behind the brush halfway across the map, and decides to drop her combo on me. I can dodge it if I am currently looking halfway across the map for her, but even then I don't actually know where its going to land, so I'm actually just guessing, zero skill involved. I'm just praying that I'm walking in the direction she isn't guessing.

Plus her Q is basically spammable, so you're never going to dodge them all. You're always going to get hit by them and the occasional W, and you're now completely removed from the fight because you were unlucky enough to guess wrong. Its not fun.

Its been a few months, so I'll go ahead and drop another "Fuck Chromie" to end my night. Fuck Chromie.

Already explained that. Read above. When you can Q endlessly it doesn't matter how much you dodge, unless you or the Chromie leave the area you're gonna get hit. If you happen to eat two, or get clipped with a W, congrats, you're out of the fight after two shots.

That just puts her in the same realm as Li Ming but Li Ming can also go in and get resets. Was it ever fixed how Orb damage extends farther than the visual effect?

Kacar

Rank 65? What? Level 65 you mean? There is no rank 65.

And there's no cap on experience at all in any mode to my knowledge. There used to be a ~20 games cap in AI mode but I would assume that's gone. In PVP modes WTF kind of system would that be. Sounds bugged or we're missing some context somewhere. Restart the client and see what it says.

Yea level 65, I tried relogging and played a couple more quickmatches and nothing changed. Like i get champion XP but my player level doesn't move at all. It must be bugged.

scoobs

That just puts her in the same realm as Li Ming but Li Ming can also go in and get resets. Was it ever fixed how Orb damage extends farther than the visual effect?

Li Ming also has reasonable range and its much more simple to dodge her skill shots. She also dives in with Calamity making her a much less annoying hero to get to. Chromie is doing more damage than Li Ming from twice as far away and its way harder to dodge her skillshots.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
All you are doing is making me want to buy Chromie

giphy.gif

Rhaknar

You must feel about Chromie how I feel about Valeera Scoobs :3

Fancolors

All the Valeeras I'm finding on QM must be some sort of divine punishment for playing Chromie. Every single match I pick her. It can't be coincidence

Alur

Yea level 65, I tried relogging and played a couple more quickmatches and nothing changed. Like i get champion XP but my player level doesn't move at all. It must be bugged.

Ah. Your account level bar shouldn't be moving hardly at all. That's not a bug. Your hero levels you gain are still going into it and leveling the account, however. It's just not visually showing a bar filling up because depending on the hero played the experience required could be like 150k or 1 million based on what hero level you're trying to get.

tl;dr your account is fine don't worry

All the Valeeras I'm finding on QM must be some sort of divine punishment for playing Chromie. Every single match I pick her. It can't be coincidence

You deserve no less as a filthy gnome picker.

Li Ming also has reasonable range and its much more simple to dodge her skill shots. She also dives in with Calamity making her a much less annoying hero to get to. Chromie is doing more damage than Li Ming from twice as far away and its way harder to dodge her skillshots.
She can dive in with calamity she doesn't have to. Of course I agree that Li Ming is much easier to get to, I can understand those grievances and Blizzard should probably roll back a couple of the buffs on Time Trap and her basic range back into Reaching through Time.

Bye Bye is not a real talent though unless you have a Zeratul or Nova hunting you 24/7.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Li Li damage is off the hook.

And with just a couple talents on the sippy cup you still can heal a lot.

Seriously shit's beyond broken.

Stacking the spell amplification and then dropping the double dragon is stupid fun.

Rhaknar

Li Li damage is off the hook.

And with just a couple talents on the sippy cup you still can heal a lot.

Seriously shit's beyond broken.

Stacking the spell amplification and then dropping the double dragon is stupid fun.

her dmg is getting nerfed

Maledict

Lili's always been a weirdly strong lane bully, but I'll miss the utter confusion people have right now when they realise their leet assassin is getting bodied *hard* by a little panda girl in lane.

Maximo

Is it just Heroes or on my end I swear abilities but especially moving takes a half a second or so longer then it should to register, feels sluggish compared to Dota 2 and League makes hit moving a nightmare.

Rhaknar

Is it just Heroes or on my end I swear abilities but especially moving takes a half a second or so longer then it should to register, feels sluggish compared to Dota 2 and League makes hit moving a nightmare.

miscellaneous-worms-can-tin-opening_a_can_of_worms-opening-jfa2492_low.jpg

Top Bottom