• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just played against a Varian, and we had no warrior so... welp!

after the patch of course

Altairre

This....should actually be fine post-10 when you go DPS spec?

We almost didn't get past 10. It was on shrines, they got the objective, pushed down fort and keep with the first punisher and Sylv. We were down 6 to 9 in levels and they probably could have ended five minutes in.

Started playing this the other day due to the Overwatch event, and I gotta say I'm really enjoying it. Way easier to get into than Dota 2. Been sticking to Ragnaros mostly. Any general tips ya'll can give to a noob? Such as noob-friendly heroes or control tips? I still have issues remembering which abilities are on which finger.

Kioshen

Started playing this the other day due to the Overwatch event, and I gotta say I'm really enjoying it. Way easier to get into than Dota 2. Been sticking to Ragnaros mostly. Any general tips ya'll can give to a noob? Such as noob-friendly heroes or control tips? I still have issues remembering which abilities are on which finger.

Here's a link to a one stop shop for all those questions and more. You can practice a hero in a no pressure environment like vs AI to get used to mechanical abilities then have at it in quick match.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Kharazim to 10. He's alright I guess. I dont dislike him at all, but cetainly not one of my favorites. In fact, I seem to have dropped hard from my love of supports in general since back when I used to play, I dunno.

You're EU right? What's your tag?

Rhaknar#1946

also got Sulfuron Uther from a box so thats neat.

Altairre

Kharazim to 10. He's alright I guess. I dont dislike him at all, but cetainly not one of my favorites. In fact, I seem to have dropped hard from my love of supports in general since back when I used to play, I dunno.

You're EU right? What's your tag?

Wiped enemy team. 5 of us up. Their core is OPEN mid. What does the guldan do(who has 6 more deaths than anyone else on the team)? He pings boss and diablo follows him. everyone else pings core.

We had a 30 sec gap because we had no keeps left and minions pushing each lane. 26 minute cursed hollow.

RUSH THE FUCKING CORE

3 of us had the right idea. Diablo realizes it and starts to bounce, so we have 4 (one late). Guldan decides to stay tanking the boss and dies solo.

We lose to enemy winions, and the enemy core was at 40% health.

I'm #triggered as fuck. I even had sound barrier ready for the all-in... I'm done for the day lmao.

kirblar

It's better to do the wrong thing together than the right thing split. You might have won if you had gone for boss and send someone back with a stupid guldan.
You can't fix bad decision-making skills. Also, this logic means the Gul'Dan was the one in the minority who should have done what the majority is doing.

Alur

TownHall Heroes doesn't appear to have gotten a boost from 2.0 even though it's better than it's for quite some time thanks to Dunk and Bakery on every week

IMO it never grows because it never shows any desire to. The show is basically Jake's Interests In Heroes and he doesn't respond or doesn't care about what the community wants to hear. I mean, for god's sake, when a new hero pops up on PTR they don't discuss til it's live because "it's not relevant to competitive".

IMO it never grows because it never shows any desire to. The show is basically Jake's Interests In Heroes and he doesn't respond or doesn't care about what the community wants to hear. I mean, for god's sake, when a new hero pops up on PTR they don't discuss til it's live because "it's not relevant to competitive".
It's definitely on jake but they are discussing DVa right now.
*acts surprised*
there's was a bunch of drama, that boiled down to idream, k1pro or apm didn't want to play anymore

or Glaurung

It's better to do the wrong thing together than the right thing split. You might have won if you had gone for boss and send someone back to clear.

Agreed but being right doesn't always win games.

In this situation, the 'together' push the core thing was the right call not the wrong, and it had the majority going along with it. As well, 26 min cursed hollow, no tribute in sight, and backing off when you wiped the enemy team is not a way to win.

Even if we get boss, it goes through a fort and a keep before the core. I repeat, we had no structures left.

There isn't a way to "aww shucks, play with the team" out of that clusterfuck. The team had the right idea.

Altairre

Can I add you guys too? I have nobody in EU to play with.

Sure thing. Altairre#2732

Edit: Just so you know who you're playing with.

6qYaHnz.png

psyfi

Banned
I'm new to the game as of last week, and so far my favorites are Sonya, Malfurion, and Lucio. They're all pretty straight forward, easy, and powerful as far as I can tell. Playing an easy support character might be a good idea while you get a better feel for the game.

In this situation, the 'together' push the core thing was the right call, not the wrong, and it had the majority going along with it. As well, 26 min cursed hollow, no tribute in sight, and backing off when you wiped the enemy team is not a way to win.

Even if we get boss, it goes through a fort and a keep before the core. I repeat, we had no structures left.

There isn't a way to "aww shucks, play with the team" out of that clusterfuck. The team had the right idea.
I'm not saying it wasn't the right call. I'm saying with Guldan and Diablo not joining you, you might not have lost by joining up with them instead. Fully knowing what is the right call.

Who has the majority doesn't even matter when you need all 5 to do what is the right call.

Hots has often been criticized for having the worst player be more impactful than the best player on a team.

scoobs

TownHall Heroes doesn't appear to have gotten a boost from 2.0 even though it's better than it's for quite some time thanks to Dunk and Bakery on every week.

Especially when B-Step chickened out during the last event after getting stomped.
Because Jake is terrible at promoting his brand and it'll never grow until he gets a clue. Nobody even knows he casts NA HGC Open League. He's pretty dumb, he's sitting on a lot of exposure/money and doing almost nothing to go after any of it.

Because Jake is terrible at promoting his brand and it'll never grow until he gets a clue. Nobody even knows he casts NA HGC Open League. He's pretty dumb, he's sitting on a lot of exposure/money and doing almost nothing to go after any of it.

That is totally the case, he somehow managed to lose a majority of his viewership without a rival and while the game grew.

I'm not saying it wasn't the right call. I'm saying with Guldan and Diablo not joining you, you might not have lost by joining up with them instead. Fully knowing what is the right call.

Who has the majority doesn't even matter when you need all 5 to do what is the right call.

Hots has often been criticized for having the worst player be more impactful than the best player on a team.

This is alot to do over one HL loss. Most of my post above was a vent, and it was not looking necessarily for advice. With that said, a combination of that game and your post spurred me to watch the replay.

Scenario 1: If we all back, we live but will continue to have no map pressure, effectively resetting the power balance. Except we have 0 structures while the enemy team still has 2 keeps up. Our 5 man barely squeeked out a gank that snowballed into a won teamfight. We can't really bank on winning a teamfight.
Scenario 2: If we commit 4 people to boss and 1 defend, the enemy Leoric (who already is starting to backdoor after his death) could by himself core us with 2 waves of catapults encroaching our core. He would probably die, but would win.
Scenario 3: If we go all-in, we win the game. The closest res timer was (besides Leoric) the enemy kharazim. 5v1 or 2 and we still win.

I'm not the most skilled player, nor even Masters rank. With that being said, there comes a level of play that you can't just do the wrong thing together. You have to do the right thing. And while already parsing out the level of blame to myself for certain misplays, there is nothing wrong with being able to point to an individual player and say "their play lost us the game" Guldan's decision to suicide at the boss lost us the game. This is a lot to read over something that ultimately doesn't matter for anyone other than me trying to feel better so I'll just include this:

tl:dr 26 mins into a match, you either know to core when possible or you lose the match. There is no real in between.

Again, thank you for the general advice about working as a team.

lol i love chasing down enemy team. used nova's precision strike to weaken them. they try to run. i level to 20. BOOM they go down xD. we were 3 levels ahead of them through most of the match anyways.

got 1 death because i didn't go stealth fast enough and ended up running into their base where they fort was still lol

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So I'm moving across town and the area I'm moving to apparently sucks for internet. I could either pay fucking $77/mo for a 50mbps or say fuck it and get unlimited 4G LTE hotspot for $60/mo (truly unlimited, the speed doesn't downgrade after a certain amount of GB). Combining internet and wireless like this makes 1000x more sense financially but I'm guessing it will suck ass for HotS, the only online gaming I do.

So Guldan is pretty good at making enemy tanks life miserable, literally,

You have to play like a total jerk on Guldan and suck the life of everyone

Rhaknar

Muradin is super fun. And strong. But mostly fun. Suddenly my warrior pool rises, I still need to give Diablo and Leoric another chance (havent played them since I stopped 2 years ago)

Celegus

There really needs to be an in-game tooltip or something that tells you to stand behind the gate when a punisher is coming. So frustrating to see someone pop their head out at the last second and get jumped.

Also just had a punisher ignore their keep and go straight to core, that was weird. He usually gets so distracted by any little thing, but the keep in his lane still had half health and he said screw it.

Rhaknar

can we have a D.Va skin that is a not-ED209 and when the mech is gone you are not-Robocop? :3

edit: cool Muradin's Magni skin has a ghost Avatar form

Top Bottom