• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

brian!

Apparently you can go up in this ranking system while having a negative winrate lol, as long as the system has confidence in you

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Isn't that a Diamond Avatar form?

...yes. You fucking nerd :D

Also, I dont own Legacy of the Void, but wa curious about Alarak so was watching some cutscenes on youtube, there is a lady Protoss with a dual scythe-staff thing, seems prime for being put into HotS no?

Sarcasm

Does Li Li's first tier quest for mana regen ( conjurer's pursuit) mean globes picked up by everybody or just you? I can't tell from watching as to busy playing lol.

Alavard

...yes. You fucking nerd :D

Also, I dont own Legacy of the Void, but wa curious about Alarak so was watching some cutscenes on youtube, there is a lady Protoss with a dual scythe-staff thing, seems prime for being put into HotS no?

That's Vorazun. The biggest problem with putting her in is that she's a Dark Templar like Zeratul, so she'd be another stealth character. The smaller issue is that they'd need to create her kit from scratch because her abilities in Starcraft are all things Zeratul already has in HotS.

But if we're talking about female Protoss characters, there's also Rohana, and she'd be pretty unique.

1443341330622.png

Alur

Michael Ubald actually followed through and shaved his head following their spectacular loss against Team 8(?). https://clips.twitch.tv/GoldenAmericanCarabeefPrimeMe lol

The real loser here is going to be Khroen. FeelsBadMan

Udall had some pretty nice hair too. I love the immediate "WALTER WHITE" from chat. Also, "when does your school for the gifted open?"

Do feel bad for Khroen, though. He had the best hair, now he's gonna just look like a skinny bald dude.

Hair grows back quickly, once it's a couple millimeter long it will look just fine.

I'm shaving my head every spring now, it's just so convenient. You just look like a nazi every now and then.

Alur

How can you not like those legs !

188px-Jaina_Lunar_3.jpg

Doesn't matter how nice they are, the blue is borderline garish. I don't like any tints of that skin, really pales compared to the recent Ming ones. Her holiday skin is still her best IMO, but agree she could use a new one.

Other heroes who desperately need new skins or could have used them in 2.0:

Gul'dan (would take anything honestly)
Brightwing (Deathwing Brightwing preferably)
Cassia (just released but hers are awful)
Cho'gall (surprise us)
ETC (have never liked any of his either)
Greymane (ditto, they aren't great, no real variety unless you like USAUSAUSA)
TLV (so many options here and they haven't had a new skin since release)
Morales (when it comes to an argument about who has the worst skins in the game, when you bring up Morales her opponent is now in there with the champ)
Probius (mainly just need his skins fixed so his structures match the tint)
Rehgar (no new skins since the very first holiday skins...been a looooong time. And no the Voidclaw tint doesn't count.)
Zagara (save us from the desert queen Blizz)

Also Stitches, Tyrande, and Nova need way more skins. They don't have enough yet, clearly.

Milly79

That's Vorazun. The biggest problem with putting her in is that she's a Dark Templar like Zeratul, so she'd be another stealth character. The smaller issue is that they'd need to create her kit from scratch because her abilities in Starcraft are all things Zeratul already has in HotS.

But if we're talking about female Protoss characters, there's also Rohana, and she'd be pretty unique.

1443341330622.png

Looks like auriel

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Alur go ahead and uninstall the game right now. Morales?

Metroid Morales?

Valentine's Morales?

u suck!

how is TLV supposed to play, do I split them and soak as much xp and do mercs with them? I can micro, but feel damn useless when there's pressure on a lane and I only have one viking

you dont need to fight to soak, just be near. even behind a wall

Fancolors

how is TLV supposed to play, do I split them and soak as much xp and do mercs with them? I can micro, but feel damn useless when there's pressure on a lane and I only have one viking

Alur

Metroid Morales?

Valentine's Morales?

u suck!

Look up the word garish in the dictionary. Should be a picture of both of those skins there. The first would be ok maybe but not on that model.

So I just picked this up (like everyone else), and I am finding I really like Falstad. He seems really strong to me. Is he as good as I imagine, and if so, does he have many bad maps?

I also like the feel of Lunara, Cassia, and Kerrigan. How are they?

Split and soak until you have play again then you flank the backline with triple vikings in teamfights.
What your teammates do is more important as they should roam as 4 getting kills while you get to soak passively. They should also be stalling objectives as long as possible w/o dying to enable you to get ahead in XP.

Don't be afraid to fight, triple vikings add up to some of the highest Auto Attack damage and Olaf is devastating with his stun.

If you take bribe you can have a viking invade enemy easycamps (giants).

On large maps you can sneak channeled objectives.

Varian could use some decent skins too, his are all U G L Y.

Metroid Morales?

Valentine's Morales?

u suck!

you dont need to fight to soak, just be near. even behind a wall

The Valentines Morales skin is the definition of a disgusting mess.

Here's a link to a one stop shop for all those questions and more. You can practice a hero in a no pressure environment like vs AI to get used to mechanical abilities then have at it in quick match.

Awesome. Watched a few video guides and they're already super helpful.

I'm new to the game as of last week, and so far my favorites are Sonya, Malfurion, and Lucio. They're all pretty straight forward, easy, and powerful as far as I can tell. Playing an easy support character might be a good idea while you get a better feel for the game.

I don't like using support characters in these types of games because 9 times out of 10 the person I'm running a lane with abandons me against 2 heroes and I get killed no matter how much I try to hang back. Right now I prefer using a beefier hero with survivability that can also do some damage.

So I just picked this up (like everyone else), and I am finding I really like Falstad. He seems really strong to me. Is he as good as I imagine, and if so, does he have many bad maps?

I also like the feel of Lunara, Cassia, and Kerrigan. How are they?

Lunara is a lot of fun *if* you can trust your tanks to do their jobs. She is incredibly, hilariously fragile, so you really need someone to give you cover. With that said, it can be incredibly satisfying to watch someone run away under a bunch of poison stacks, knowing they're already dead and there's nothing they can do to stop it.

Kerrigan is fun, but a bit of a one-trick pony with her combo. She's also sort of stuck in a "other characters can do almost everything she can, but a bit better" place right now. Also, Melee assassins can be kind of risky for newer players because you have to get in there, and with their reduced health pools you get punished for misplays more than being slightly out of position as a warrior, or support, or whatever. Kerrigan does get shields which help her a bit with that... but if you jump in too early, or over-extend, or end up out of position you're going to get punished.

Lunara is a lot of fun *if* you can trust your tanks to do their jobs. She is incredibly, hilariously fragile, so you really need someone to give you cover. With that said, it can be incredibly satisfying to watch someone run away under a bunch of poison stacks, knowing they're already dead and there's nothing they can do to stop it.

Kerrigan is fun, but a bit of a one-trick pony with her combo. She's also sort of stuck in a "other characters can do almost everything she can, but a bit better" place right now. Also, Melee assassins can be kind of risky for newer players because you have to get in there, and with their reduced health pools you get punished for misplays more than being slightly out of position as a warrior, or support, or whatever. Kerrigan does get shields which help her a bit with that... but if you jump in too early, or over-extend, or end up out of position you're going to get punished.

Thanks for the help! I play league a bit too (newer to that as well, but not nearly as much) so I typically understand how to position in fights, even if I don't always do it right.

Lunara definitely is like you said. It kind of feels like she requires two tanks sometimes. Played a qm with a solo diablo and no other CC against Butcher/Valeera and after a certain point I was just not able to play the game, haha

Rhaknar

Look up the word garish in the dictionary. Should be a picture of both of those skins there. The first would be ok maybe but not on that model.

they are fabulous and you know it!

Alur

You were a young country star traumatized during childhood?
You were gored by a bull at a rodeo?
You're anti-flannel?

Just anti-country music man. When you talk like me and snarky mfers like Milly make fun of you daily for it, you have to reject your upbringing.

Varian could use some decent skins too, his are all U G L Y.

The red and purple tints of master Varian are good IMO. They have mounts that correspond. Would like to see him get a better skin than that crappy Lo'Gosh skin though.

they are fabulous and you know it!

About as fabulous as a QM game where the opposing team is Murky, Chromie, Azmodan, Valeera, and Varian.

Rhaknar

4-1 with fellow Gaffer Prelude, that sure was fun. This last Hanamura game was fantastic, very close.

Also got Muradin to 10 and he's a ton of fun. He's no Artanis tho :3

Edit: I assume Muradin's terrible mana issues are "a thing" and not just me being an idiot?

Top Bottom