• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

scoobs

So HOTSlogs uploader app is being blocked by my anti-virus now as its detecting it as a threat to my system. Neat. This website gets more and more sketch as time goes on.

Fancolors

Showed the game to a friend who wanted to get the skin.

An enemy Chromie just sucked out his desire to play the game because he kept dying to her.

scoobs

Showed the game to a friend who wanted to get the skin.

An enemy Chromie just sucked out his desire to play the game because he kept dying to her.
He just doesn't get it man, you gotta MOVE out of the way of her instant death spells that you can't really see coming! She's awesome, well designed, L2P

Moonlight

Banned
Been struggling to find a support I'm really into and then tried out Uther. I didn't really know what I was doing in terms of speccing him but I appreciate how brainless his kit seems. His passive is really nuts, too. Especially against people who don't seem to know what his passive is. People focus me down to start off and I just stick around and heal people back to full anyways, lol.

Also played a game of Infernal Shrines. We got smashed for like fifteen minutes and lost every single Punisher spawn and most of our base. Was ready to roll over and die but we got like a single Punisher and steamrolled the game off it. How hard these games can pivot still surprises me.

Been struggling to find a support I'm really into and then tried out Uther. I didn't really know what I was doing in terms of speccing him but I appreciate how brainless his kit seems. His passive is really nuts, too. Especially against people who don't seem to know what his passive is. People focus me down to start off and I just stick around and heal people back to full anyways, lol.

Also played a game of Infernal Shrines. We got smashed for like fifteen minutes and lost every single Punisher spawn and most of our base. Was ready to roll over and die but we got like a single Punisher and steamrolled the game off it. How hard these games can pivot still surprises me.

Because of his long cooldowns, it's actually easy to fuck up playing Uther. One of the simplest heroes in the game, but gosh darnit I love the old man. He can trade surprisingly well if you go shockadin.

Won

Game keeps throwing the "play 8 games" thing at me, heh.

I also learned that I need a hero at level 5 to pick it Hero League/Ranked. I guess this was always true, but really sticks out with the recent 20 hero packs, and man, I know you gonna laugh at me, this is a big turn off for this game. I have no time for this crap.

Sölf

Because of his long cooldowns, it's actually easy to fuck up playing Uther. One of the simplest heroes in the game, but gosh darnit I love the old man. He can trade surprisingly well if you go shockadin.

Lumberjack Uther is the only true Uther.

Also, I recently started playing Auriel. She is pretty fun.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Diablo and Tyrande are next week's sales...

23e.gif

ElyrionX

If I am melee but facing down a lane with a ranged hero or a lane with two heroes, what should I do? In Dota, it's just trying to get last hits but in HotS, is my strategy just to output more damage to creeps via abilities so my towers don't get taken down too quick?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If I am melee but facing down a lane with a ranged hero or a lane with two heroes, what should I do? In Dota, it's just trying to get last hits but in HotS, is my strategy just to output more damage to creeps via abilities so my towers don't get taken down too quick?

just soak. you dont need to engage to get xp in a lane, just try to poke them, poke the creep, you get xp from minions dying near you.

also, ended up falling into a Rexxar hole, and he's kinda fun. He's very weird and still doesnt relaly feel very warrior-y, kinda getting more into him.

ElyrionX

I see. I tried playing Samuro yesterday and got owned hard. I always found I just needed a bit more damage to ambush and finish off heroes but they always manage to get away.

Rhaknar

yo Rexxar tho :eek:

once you start to understand his range, and you keep Misha safe, he starts to really gel.

Had the best/closest towers of doom game comeback, we were like 24 to 8 but came back to 3-3, team fight in top lane around boss because that would decide the game but Xul is late, everyone dies but Xul on our team and samura/hammer/casia on theirs, Xul's ultimates as he shows up, one shots samura/casia because they were already almost dead, hammer uses her big missile thing one shots Xul but Xul has that ultimate poison + root damage on her and she dies after. Alters pop up, one on each side, both teams wiped, Sony and Butcher both set to spawn at the same time. Both go for alter straight out of life, butcher a millisecond ahead, Dehaka spawns 10 seconds after and burrows to Sonya interrupting her for good measure.

Had to call it a night after that, we knew we couldn't possibly top that game after that.

as others mentioned it favours participation and deaths over pretty much anything.

Participation is the little high five hand? Then I guess it makes sense, I totally killed it in that, like 40 iirc, he only had 2 more deaths tho, he still totally deserved it over me.

Rizzi

People always seem to find new and interesting ways to disappoint me in quick match. Why capture the objective when you can just tool around in the middle lane trying to get kills? No that's fine.

Ullus

Thoughts on Tyrande?
Been playing a bit as her, and when things go well, it goes really well. But on the flip side if things start tumbling down, you bet your ass it's a loss, especially if you solo support.

Rhaknar

crafted a legendary skin, #yolo

Rexxar flame starcraft skin :3

scoobs

Thoughts on Tyrande?
Been playing a bit as her, and when things go well, it goes really well. But on the flip side if things start tumbling down, you bet your ass it's a loss, especially if you solo support.
She's getting a complete rework next Tuesday so I wouldn't focus too hard on learning her current form

Ketch

Rexxar is underrated. I think he's slightly above a niche pick, better in a lot more situations then most give him credit for.

Ketch

Samuro is a cool hero, but the problem with him is that he's not worth playing... everything he's good at can also be done by some else that is probably better at team fighting then he is.

I think the only way he goes from not quite good enough to slightly above decent is if your really good at micro and can get lots of illusion master value, which is still only really valuable on heavy pve maps which there aren't that many of and also other heroes can STILL get good enough pve value while being better in team fights without nearly as much effort.

It's like if you purposely chose to run faster then everyone else but then that meant you also had to do hurdles the whole time and then coming in first place didn't even determine the winner anyway. Why would you chose that? Because it's fun, but losing matches because your playing a fun hero gets old.

I think the biggest mistake blizzard made with samuro was not giving him mana. Pre nerf he just had infinite value from illlusions, and since they couldnt nerf their mana cost they nerfed everything else about them and now they're all but useless for anything other then pve. And it doesn't even make sense because the hero in Warcraft 3 that it's based off of had mana... so wtf? Why doesn't he have mana?

Kioshen

So HOTSlogs uploader app is being blocked by my anti-virus now as its detecting it as a threat to my system. Neat. This website gets more and more sketch as time goes on.

Pattern recognition can detect a lot of false positives. Some are more aggressive than others so u wouldn't read into it that much.

Game keeps throwing the "play 8 games" thing at me, heh.

I also learned that I need a hero at level 5 to pick it Hero League/Ranked. I guess this was always true, but really sticks out with the recent 20 hero packs, and man, I know you gonna laugh at me, this is a big turn off for this game. I have no time for this crap.

You need some experience with a hero before bringing it in ranked. You also need a big pool of heroes to cover roles. You can't expect people to let you play assassins all day even if you're last pick. If you want to play what you want just stick to quick match.

Plus it takes what 4-5 matches to get to level 5 with a hero. It's not much to ask to be honest.

ElyrionX

I am on a 7 - 8 game losing streak queueing with randoms (nexus challenge) and solo-queueing. WTF. I am new to this game. Throw me a goddamn bone Blizzard.

Rizzi

Can someone tell me how to not get instantly murdered as Lunara? Seems like everywhere I look there's an Illidan or Butcher just waiting for the opportunity to jump on me with no chance of escape.

SugarDave

Is there anyone who might be willing to party up in order to get the Overwatch rewards? SugarDave#2618 is my username, feel free to send me a friend request if you are. Bear in mind I'll probably be awful if you're pretty serious about the game.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Can someone tell me how to not get instantly murdered as Lunara? Seems like everywhere I look there's an Illidan or Butcher just waiting for the opportunity to jump on me with no chance of escape.
Stay behind your team. Illidan with The Hunt may still go in on you since he has the moves to escape, but there isn't much to do about that besides being with a partner who can stun them or a Medivh to shield you. A really dumb Butcher may dive deep for you, but your team should delete them when that happens unless your team totally sucks ass. If your team does in fact suck... I dunno, man. I guess stay away from bushes, keep back to where you can run under canon fire or get them stuck in the middle of all your minions if they attack you, and learn how to use her higher move speed to kite and stutter step attack.

brian!

Try to be in a position where it's dangerous for them to engage on you (like next to a muradin or a couple of steps from safety) and try to do as much dmg as you can to them while kiting back, a lot of the time ppl get scared when they see the poison on tgeir health bar. It's pretty tough against illidan and butcher since yeah those are two heroes who will def fuck you up.

Against illidan use your slow after he qs and try to juke away from him to not let him hit autos for his cdr. If you arent juking his w after the q then just use your slow after he ws, the main goal here is to minimize his cdr from autos while making your way to safety. If you have nowhere to go (base, teammate with cc (be wary of luring illidan to another teammate without cc because he will kill both of you if you cant kill him)) then you have to fight him. Not much you can do here, make sure you only q, w, and kite while he is using evade. Dueling illidan is all about making sure you avoid autos.

For butcher ur fukked, you can get away from him before 10 anf make his life miserable, but post ten he will chain u. If you see that he's slow w/ the ult after his stun you can spam your leaping ult and maybe he fucked up and didnt cast his in time, but yeah the butcher is the one who has to mess up here.

Prelude.

On infernal shrines, the enemy team is Tychus, Diablo, Cassia, Tracer, Auriel, and I'm Valeera, what do I do? Assuming the team (i.e. Raynor doing fuck all and picking the banshee ult) doesn't focus the healer, so I can't kill anyone, what am I supposed to do when they group up for the obj other than running around like an idiot?

Play it extra safe until you pick the "I fucked up" ult and then you're good.

Top Bottom