• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Also, Artanis is still awesome and I love him, but deffinately not a QM warrior. For whatever reason people seem to ignore swaps more than Stiches hooks. Im almost 10 on him and ill be glad to "move on" to a new project.

Ketch

watching this nvt sss game, oh my god why would you go xstrike in this scenario
oh nm, i never play e build so i didnt get it, but they are going for an all in on a squishy w/ ring and then using that reset to get 13 e talent value while they are slowed/rooted

Plus they need to beat ancestral

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Would Samuro be too strong if he had perma stealth like Zera/Nova/Val?

Or did they just want him to be different?

scoobs

I personally see no benefits to adding a map rotation to quick match, just makes the game that much less interesting for me. I can understand if you want to avoid the weaker maps in ranked play, makes sense to mimic HGC or even do a HL specific rotation if you want, but if I just want to hop in and play some meaningless QM games, how is limiting the content beneficial?

kirblar

Luckily you will only play one of those 3 maps 23% of the time to you play this game, AKA 1 time a night, or more than likey 0 times a night BECAUSE THERE ARE 13 MAPS. Check out Reddit, it would appear not everyone was asking for this. Just the vocal minority.
The vocal minority are the ones whining now.

A map rotation needs to be implemented because as more and more maps come into the game the sheer number is going to get overwhelming.

When the game started there were 5. Once we got to 9+ the issues started becoming apparent, especially w/ new players.

Yeah they already had to make Cursed Hollow a certainty for now players dropping more than a dozen maps on those at once is a deterrent.

Heck I've had something like 5 games total on Hanamura, I still have no consensus how to play that map.

kirblar

Yeah they already had to make Cursed Hollow a certainty for now players dropping more than a dozen maps on those at once is a deterrent.

Heck I've had something like 5 games total on Hanamura, I still have no consensus how to play that map.
Yup. It's incredibly difficult to learn a map when you can't reliably play repeat game on them.

I think the map pool for ranked needs to be shrunk further, with the bad maps completely cut. Just rotate every week.

Alur

I don't get nvt, they get caught on odd positions too often

They were great (NA great) once, but several of their players don't play the game outside of scrims and arguably actively dislike it. Also they have the worst player in NA on their team by a long shot and he is in an important role.

Let's not forget that Probius is the highest winrate hero right now, or he was. Got edged out by Anub.

Kenma is that guy to join a fight late from behind the enemy team only to do shit all and die.

Ketch

Hey guys, a good tip for hots beginners is that split push isn't very good. Players that have played for awhile already know this.

Alur

Still kind of amazing he is cause I don't see him much and beyond the soaking and zoning he doesn't seem to impact things a lot. This is all QM though so he often has a hard counter like Genji or Zera on the opposing team to deal with diving on him constantly.

Rhaknar

Hey guys, a good tip for hots beginners is that split push isn't very good. Players that have played for awhile already know this.

stop split pushing for no reason
stop only split pushing just because you are zagara or gazlowe or whatever the fuck.
stop chasing.
no, seriously, stop chasing.
stop going 1v4.
stop hesitating between retreating or not, comit to running away.
if you are running, stop trying to save people. youll just both end up dead, and he was probably peeling for you in the first place.

Celegus

Watching Kenma get wrecked over and over as Zag has gotta be one of the most satisfying things I've ever seen. The fight at the end where he tries to flank (???) and dies immediately was the best.

I don't get how the MVP thing works in this game, my Friend gets twice as many takedowns, twice as much siege damage, more hero damage, twice as many role points AND more XP contribution than me but I still get MVP over him? Makes 0 sense.

Fancolors

I don't get how the MVP thing works in this game, my Friend gets twice as many takedowns, twice as much siege damage, more hero damage, twice as many role points AND more XP contribution than me but I still get MVP over him? Makes 0 sense.

it also takes deaths into account

Ketch

Watching Kenma get wrecked over and over as Zag has gotta be one of the most satisfying things I've ever seen. The fight at the end where he tries to flank (???) and dies immediately was the best.

That sick zagara flank.

I think kenma is like the epitome of a HL zagara picker, except only he does it in HGC. Hopefully they bench him.

Milly79

Seriously, Jake can ruin a show like none other.

After getting fed up with the Garrett/Kyle ballwash fest and Kyle thinking he's such higher intellect than others, THH quickly rose back up to my #2 spot after adding Bakery and Zoia.

But Jesus Christ.

I typically like Jake, but he took it to a whole new level this episode.

BLOODLUST
TEAM 8
BSTEP
POSTERS
BLOODLUST
VOTING
NERDGASM
MOUSE CLICKING
RANDOM INTERRUPTS
NERDGASM

Jesus. Fucking. Christ. Let these two dudes talk and stop interrupting them about your fucking tournament. I remember the days when he would tell OTHERS to mute their mic if they were going to talk, but this motherfucker loads the game up and clicks the entire time then zones out and can't hold a conversation. He's such a fucking dork, and a terrible streamer, too. I asked him if Dva was OP and the motherfucker just glosses over it to answer some dumbass question the other day. He really is fully of himself.

Rhaknar

bought the white samurai skin for Artanis, its dope.

still sitting on 2600 shards /shrug

Ketch

Seriously, Jake can ruin a show like none other.

After getting fed up with the Garrett/Kyle ballwash fest and Kyle thinking he's such higher intellect than others, THH quickly rose back up to my #2 spot after adding Bakery and Zoia.

But Jesus Christ.

I typically like Jake, but he took it to a whole new level this episode.

BLOODLUST
TEAM 8
BSTEP
POSTERS
BLOODLUST
VOTING
NERDGASM
MOUSE CLICKING
RANDOM INTERRUPTS
NERDGASM

Jesus. Fucking. Christ. Let these two dudes talk and stop interrupting them about your fucking tournament. I remember the days when he would tell OTHERS to mute their mic if they were going to talk, but this motherfucker loads the game up and clicks the entire time then zones out and can't hold a conversation. He's such a fucking dork, and a terrible streamer, too. I asked him if Dva was OP and the motherfucker just glosses over it to answer some dumbass question the other day. He really is fully of himself.

The thing that pisses me off the most is that as soon as someone starts talking he's stopped paying attention and started to fuck with the overlay and special effects which interrupts the person talking. Jake needs to be punched in face so hard.

Rhaknar

He's at the top because the current map rotation favors heavily point control heroes which he's the best at right now.

is probius + gaz a control point nightmare? so much clutter shooting u.

scoobs

The thing that pisses me off the most is that as soon as someone starts talking he's stopped paying attention and started to fuck with the overlay and special effects which interrupts the person talking. Jake needs to be punched in face so hard.
Jake is the worst host.

Rhaknar

Nice little 3 win streak to cap of Artanis at 10 (with some nice swaps too), to conclude that I love him but will probably not use him much in solo queue QM. Deffinately goes in the favorites column tho.

Not sure who next, after 3 warriors in a row, maybe Jaina? I never liked her back in the day. Or I could take a break from my level 10 project and play 1 game on each of my old high level favorites, just to see how I feel about them these days.

And those would be Valla, Li Li, Nazeebo, Vikings, Azmo, Zag, Uther, Gaz, Butcher, who are all 11+ from my previous stint.

scoobs

Nice little 3 win streak to cap of Artanis at 10 (with some nice swaps too), to conclude that I love him but will probably not use him much in solo queue QM. Deffinately goes in the favorites column tho.

Not sure who next, after 3 warriors in a row, maybe Jaina? I never liked her back in the day. Or I could take a break from my level 10 project and play 1 game on each of my old high level favorites, just to see how I feel about them these days.

And those would be Valla, Li Li, Nazeebo, Vikings, Azmo, Zag, Uther, Gaz, Butcher, who are all 11+ from my previous stint.

I've been on a real Jaina kick lately. Try her Q build out.

Rhaknar

I've been on a real Jaina kick lately. Try her Q build out.

Will do. Just did a Valla one, went with seeking arrow (or whatever its called) build, still love her, but no idea what the current build hotness is.

Also noticed that I got like 1/4 of the xp bar even at lvl 15, so yeah those "gold" levels are much faster now, thats awesome.

Heiden#2319 is that one of you peeps or one of the randoms that was super impressed with my Artanis swaps? :3

Alur

Played Xul tonight for the first time since back when he was OpieOP on release. Was fun in a micro focused sort of way.

I picked him because I checked the email I use for my account for the first time in forever and had an invite to the Diablo 3 Necromancer beta test. I didn't even know they did betas like that for Diablo.

Top Bottom