• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

brian!

So I've been playing this a lot more since 2.0 launched and have been trying to do more outside research on heroes and how to play. I know there are a few sites to get guides and builds, but is there a go to place for detailed hero guides. Talents are good and all, but I also like to read "how to" info, etc. Help me turn my gold into... Well probably more gold, but I'd still like to learn!

There isn't, but if you can check if the author is a known name then usually it's more trustworthy. Tempo storm and heroeshearth have fairly regular contributions from known names, whether the guides are good is another story lol. And usually they dont bother to update their guides.

If u got any questions feel free to ask tho

brian!

That's still a lot more than they practice now tho
They need arth to inject back that work ethic

But yeah if we take that trent guy's post seriously (that nvt needs a better flex player than big e) arth would prob be the perfect fit plus he's like top 10 gm right now. If he's looking for a team he is likely the most valuable flex free agent.

Something like bige -> arth and bkid -> kure would address their role issues, but im not really of the mind that this is their main problem

brian!

Im prtty sure nvt are close to each other so im not sure a roster swap would happen but if i were nvt management id be looking for solutions, not trying to maintain the status quo. I feel fairly certain kure will be going to nvt tho, none of the sponsored teams need fresh blood besides nvt

brian!

Yeah im not too into the rework either, kinda wish there was more going on

If nvt roster becomes zuna, kenma, arth, kure, tomster it's a great oppurtunity to rebrand as tomster and the toxics

Kioshen

Funny Thijs from Hearthstone apparently started playing hots and made masters.

Never came up in any of his streams I watched.

He probably played it off stream. He's way too deep in hearthstone to stream another game. Glad to know he likes it enough to make it to masters since he's one of my favorite hearthstone player.

Damn, that lirik guy is pulling 35k+ on his stream. I don't think I've seen a HotS stream ever make past 30k

He's a big variety streamer from what I read so it's his usual viewership going along with him. I think big hgc events like the east/west clash did pull around the same number.

Alur

She has a vault from a talent

At level 16. If she drops her E without Q first, or has already used it then it's riparoni and pepperoni's. Not a good matchup at all.

Damn, that lirik guy is pulling 35k+ on his stream. I don't think I've seen a HotS stream ever make past 30k

Not much makes it that far nowadays. Back in the first year/launch year, we had 80k Blizzcon and pretty high numbers for the regionals. We get higher than that for regionals/international events now but it's split into different language streams instead of all on one stream.

Fancolors

Not much makes it that far nowadays. Back in the first year/launch year, we had 80k Blizzcon and pretty high numbers for the regionals. We get higher than that for regionals/international events now but it's split into different language streams instead of all on one stream.
Makes sense.

Any D.Va Impressions? I had a match vs. her with Tracer and she barely put up a fight each encounter.
She's not good enough to solo tank, but can do some ridiculous amount of damage outside her mech. And can stay in the fight indefinitely if you get your E charged

psyfi

Banned
So I'm playing unranked some more and there's maps not in QM? That's kind of annoying, I'm way less helpful to my team when I'm on an unfamiliar map.

scoobs

I think D.Va is meant to sort of sacrifice her mech to zone, then do high damage in pilot form. Then when you're about to die, you mech again.

Alur

Any D.Va Impressions? I had a match vs. her with Tracer and she barely put up a fight each encounter.

I find her very awkward to use.

Everyone on streams is talking about Defense Matrix OP, but you just slightly miss the angle on it and it's useless. It's very unorthodox to use and with all the mobility it's pretty easy avoided from any actual non melee DPS from what I've seen. I'm sure it's a thing you get better with it in time, but I'm not impressed.

The ults and her E are extremely lackluster. You have to be wombo'd or individually targeted to not escape the explosion of the E, and Bunny Hop's cooldown is waaaayyyy too long. The Big Shot ult in pilot mode does nice damage but she's so squishy - even if you take the Q talent at 16 due to the cooldown - that it's really just a "get me back in the mech" faster thing and didn't feel particularly useful for actual killing.

Pilot mode is probably the most awkward part of her kit. No real mobility outside of a 16 talent so you put your life on the line every time you try to DPS and the range is short. Catch a few stray shots from a Valla or Zul'jin and you're half health or less. Eat a combo from Li-Ming or Chromie and it's insta-death, or ~half health if only half of it hits. I don't know what comp you'd have to build to keep her protected to use the Pilot mode DPS. It doesn't help that the dash/survivability talent is at 16 with the huge damage spike as well. Feels like you couldn't ever pass up the Q unless you were already so far ahead it didn't matter.

That all seems pretty negative but she was fun. I went 3-3 with her and got MVP in two games. You can make plays and secure kills, but you are a bit like Leoric in Mech mode in that you eat damage like a fucking sponge. Just constantly getting hit because you're so big and easy to hit.

So I'm playing unranked some more and there's maps not in QM? That's kind of annoying, I'm way less helpful to my team when I'm on an unfamiliar map.

No. The map rotation just changed with the patch today. Every mode has the same maps.

scoobs

I think we'll find that the good Dvas will be spending a lot of time in pilot form, and the bad ones will be constantly trying to get back in her mech.

Alur

You'll have to be sneaky af to be consistently good in pilot form. You're Zul'jin with no self heal, no longer range W, no Q to mark targets, and no Tazz'dingo to save your overextend. Like someone on Reddit said you're like ZJ at 50% HP without the tools. With so much AOE in the game and her having to stand still to auto it's risky business every second.

brian!

75% is a crazy number and should stack w/ natural armor and uther armor right?

I dunno how usable it is since i dunno what the spell looks like but the fact that you can boost up to a mage and waste their entire spell rotation sounds insane to me

scoobs

You'll have to be sneaky af to be consistently good in pilot form. You're Zul'jin with no self heal, no longer range W, no Q to mark targets, and no Tazz'dingo to save your overextend. Like someone on Reddit said you're like ZJ at 50% HP without the tools. With so much AOE in the game and her having to stand still to auto it's risky business every second.

I haven't played her but watched a lot of HORSEPANTS and other high skill streamers, and it seems like your panic button is always your Mech. Its basically instant-cast, so you should always be able to jump in when you're in danger assuming you have it up. So if you are actually going to die you just mech and boost out or re-engage.

Measley

She's pretty tricky to use, but her self destruct does a nice job of breaking up hero clusters, and her pilot mode can deal some significant damage.

Alur

75% is a crazy number and should stack w/ natural armor and uther armor right?

I dunno how usable it is since i dunno what the spell looks like but the fact that you can boost up to a mage and waste their entire spell rotation sounds insane to me

The best way to describe it is like Cassia's Fend ability. It's the same thing. Like if you come at it wrong or the opponent turns at the last second, you're just on that weird angle and have to deal with it.

If you can square it then it's very strong. But it's also pretty easy to avoid by walking through or just outside of since it only affects them if they are actually in the cone. I ate some Li-Ming orbs with it in a Hanamura win, but she also just juked my ass and lit up the backline a couple of times too because you can't move sideways fast enough to recover. That's probably a necessary trade off for it's power, though, but it feels like you're just failing your team which is no fun.

I haven't played her but watched a lot of HORSEPANTS and other high skill streamers, and it seems like your panic button is always your Mech. Its basically instant-cast, so you should always be able to jump in when you're in danger assuming you have it up. So if you are actually going to die you just mech and boost out or re-engage.

That's kind of my point, though. You can't get a whole lot in because of how fragile she is. What you can get in is effective, but with so many heroes in QM having AOE it's been a rough go in my games for both me and the opponent. Tons of opponent D.Va's feeding in pilot form. So you get a few shots in, hop back in when you inevitably get clipped, and keep on keeping on.

I will say part of that is just how they've lined up this free week. Chromie + Valeera + Butcher + Anub + Tyrael + KT is just a murderer's row when you only have like 1500 health. I hope to get better with her range in Pilot form so I can avoid some of that damage. It feels like it's on the shorter end of ranged AA heroes (like 4.5 or whatever) but I have no basis for that other than just my own experience. She may be 5.5 for all I know.

It probably reduces by 75% and then by the armor separately. You'll never actually hit 100% reduction but you could reduce damage below 1, which is 100% reduction if it doesn't round damage up.

Alur

Arthelon's bio on his stream:

Hots background: Made Symbiote Gaming which became Tempo Storm, and also played on Cloud 9. Currently LFT for hots

Says he's hoping to get back into the second split.

Top Bottom