• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Prelude.

I've never had so many streaks in OW, it's so dumb. The game's just throwing every new and toxic player in my way. A few days ago I was winning every game, fuck. I'm gonna play Aba so at least it'll be my fault.

Welp, we would have won just by pushing one last payload, but they decided to take boss instead, which was on the enemy payload's route, they stole it and gg.

Another game, we won this time. Aba healing+Morales lul

Kioshen

Just to give a little bit of context for that Kure clip, it was the third malf in a row that took mule instead of cleanse. Still, I should start watching him a little bit more.

this Kure clip is a lesson. Whatever you want to say, forget it. Just say gg wp and move on.

Lesson not learned.

Why you spoiler it? Are they GAF? I've seen that name once or twice I think.

Shit i don't know if they are or not. I'm used to the reddit rules of not naming people for witch-hunt purposes. But here's a thread about him https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofth...l_with_the_removal_of_the_queue_restrictions/

A quick personal story. Back during season 1, before I took a break and subsequently started to suck at the game, I ran a TL group with a bunch of Masters players. First time we match up with SQUiRReL and they win. We queue up against him 3 or 4 more times in the next couple days. Utterly trounce them, every time. 5th time we queue, the enemy team dodges. I whisper him, he says it was a disconnect. After 10 min queue, we match again and the enemy team dodges again. I whisper him asking what the fuck, why are you dodging?

He responds that his MMR is 1k above me, and I'm just a pleb and we're lucky if he decides he wants to play against us.

Came to find out, that he had been employing one of his friends to dodge to manufactuare his high TL MMR. It was alot to do over something that definitely didn't matter, especially TL season 1. Nobody played it lol.

If you read the reddit post, it talks about how he basically waits 10 mins to get queued against golds and silvers and beats on them until he is GM. He had been doing that for months lol.

Go on a loss streak playing anything but Dehaka in HL. Go on a huge streak playing just Dehaka in HL.

FeelsDehakaman.

I think it's more just Dehaka can do so many things that can carry teams. Get an xp lead, split push, be at objective in an instant, cover the furthest lane from the obj in an instant after cap. Solo camps. He just does so many things that other characters can't do.

scoobs

My QM MMR is back over 3000 feelsgoodman

It's completely meaningless but it's my goal each season since I don't really play ranked modes.

thought they deleted hanamura from the qm rotation. but i finally got it. we were down 1 vs 2 on the map. i had to hurry and rush to finish off the fort just so that our payload can fire two shots. i think we lost because our lucio trying to push the payload rather than go help the other teammate defend them from getting theirs. so they just ended dying 1 at a time. so close to winning too.

scoobs

Feels extremely bad playing my smurf against/with inferior players. Teammates yelling at me for split pushing with Dehaka. :( "You're our tank, you can't be pushing lanes all game." Feels bad.

And man, getting into a QM as Leroic and having the enemy team have 3 tanks, nothing feels better, melting faces left and right.

Does his 2nd talent that increases Drain Hope's Healing also increase the damage as well or just the healing? I always end up taking fealty instead. I can never commit to a fall drain hope or wave clearing build and end up getting a bit of both because I always end up doing a bit of both.

And man, getting into a QM as Leroic and having the enemy team have 3 tanks, nothing feels better, melting faces left and right.

Does his 2nd talent that increases Drain Hope's Healing also increase the damage as well or just the healing? I always end up taking fealty instead. I can never commit to a fall drain hope or wave clearing build and end up getting a bit of both because I always end up doing a bit of both.

Just the healing amount, no extra damage until the talent that gives burst at end of drain

Ketch

We didn't really start on the downward slope I don't think (insert "based on the info we have to go on" that is). We know from the past that Diamond level was about the 88th percentile and upward of HOTS players since so many are packed in the Silver-Gold area. My MMR in HL and QM vacillates between the top of Diamond and bottom of Master, and I've went everywhere from like 9-1 to 6-4 in HL placements and always end up capped out at Diamond 3 so at the least I am pretty sure the HL MMR is decently accurate.

I just wanted to say that by downward slope of the bell curve I meant like the top 80th percentile. Like If you think of mmr distribution as a bell curve with the majority of he players in the middle as the "top" of the bell curve.

I'm glad I stopped using icyveins, bad for hearthstone + bad for HOTS apparently. Hotslogs for some insight on performance and ten ton hammer for some explanation has been serving me well. That zarya guide from tempostorm was a good resource as well. Improved my tracer play by picking talents that I was lead to believe were bad.

edit:
Feel like I got lucky today. Had lots of decent compositions and a solid winrate. Also I got 2 legendary skins from 2 separate common loot boxes.
also hit legendary in hs

spk

Is there a way for me to see my cursor and actions in replays? The replay viewing experience seems pretty much the same as the last time I checked, at least a year ago...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh Valeera, Zul and Chromie are free this week, havent played any of them

Kioshen

Lol I actually ended up winning 2 out of 3 games I was duo queueing with myself. Just had an aba hat on myself the whole time and played Varian or Anub.

giphy.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
tried the 3 free heroes I dont own for a bit:

Valeera: ugh I think I hate her. I also played her completely wrong, I wasnt sure of what to open with most times, I could barely get any kills. Plus the team was toxic from the start (not even aginst me, but later at me aswell lol).

Zul'Jin: he seems super fun acutlaly, really like his kit. You can get some ridiculous attack speed later on.

Chromie: holy shit she is so stupid...

...she might be my favorite hero, im not even joking. Instantly bought her :3

edit: also another legendary, another dupe skin, I am being punisher for my sinful ways of buying Chromie I guess.

edit: man Zul''Jin is so fun!

Mupod

so the welcome pack that was on PTR still isn't up? I need that stimpack!

Free Valeera sounds really annoying, but I'd like to try her out I guess. I'm at the point where I don't have many more heroes to level up to 5, so I may just play the ones I like for a while. I picked up Zarya for the first time since returning and I was a lot more effective on her. She is my most played character in Overwatch since it was in beta, but it seems I needed more experience in HOTS in order to play her correctly. My shield timing is a lot better now. I just need to work out a good build for her.

Kioshen

In one corner Scoobs is banging his head by how the Chromie virus is spreading and Milly just lost consciousness from his hard on. Guess the GAF HotS cycle continues. I think it's whining about hotslogs next amirite ?

Prelude.

Chromie is free? Fuck me. I played against her almost every single game this week, I'm tired of checking my corners looking for a gnome doing attack animations.

Alur

So when is D.VA?

Should be around 12 or 1 PST today, sometimes earlier.

Oh cool they switched the # of games needed to place onto the hotslogs leaderboard from 100 to 300

That is good for those that care about it, but doesn't really stop the part you're concerned with about the brackets.

Chromie: holy shit she is so stupid...

...she might be my favorite hero, im not even joking. Instantly bought her :3

wHIwAyL.gif

You had a good run, Rhaknar. Now we're gonna have to ask you to leave. We can't let the Chromie cancer spread. You understand, right?

In one corner Scoobs is banging his head by how the Chromie virus is spreading and Milly just lost consciousness from his hard on. Guess the GAF HotS cycle continues. I think it's whining about hotslogs next amirite ?

Maybe. There's another one or two usual topics we're missing off the top of my head though.

Mupod

oh, didn't know D.Va was going up already. My friend may get her instantly but he might wait for her to drop to 10k. We're both kinda swimming in gold here. I reroll chests just because I like opening chests.

psyfi

Banned
I played my first non-QM game and we steamrolled 😎💅

I still don't have enough heroes at level 5 to play ranked tho :(

Ketch

Havent talked about how swapping still isnt in the game after years in a while

They could just let you pick in whatever order for HL. It would solve a lot of problems along the lines of "we need to pick a warrior right now but the guy wants to play warrior is 4th pick". But it would also fuck over some people when your first pick gets taken by the guy who really wants to play nova.

Alur

Basically if you play in gold league or lower, your games would go from occasional nightmare to full on Get Out level with that system.

Not saying it might not be the best thing down the road, but the growing pains would be immense.

Top Bottom