• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

So Kure ended up with team Freedom which still makes it a mystery where Goku will land if it's true that he was poached.

Who's even still left?

Tempo and Team 8 are not expected to have changes going into MSB.
GFE, BStep, Naventic, Freedom all announced their changes.
Superstars is obviously out of the running which only leaves No Tomorrow who cut Erho from the team.
Doesn't appear like a particular upgrade.
Amen to that. If it works for GFE more power to them but I'm not keeping my hopes up.

==============

While I was watching AlexTheProG scrims, he was mentioning that if they ever get a two level deficit in a scrim they would forfeit and try another draft or whatever. I was honestly surprised and perplexed. Is it that way for every pro team? This could explain a lot why some pro team do super well early and mid game but falter easily in the late game. Why not practice when you're behind, obviously you are going to be behind in some high-pressure match so why not practice it instead of just forfeiting and moving on. It made no sense to me. Also, his shot calling abilities are sloppy are best. He's so all over the place that I was getting pissed off for his teammates.
The question is probably if the scenario is worth practicing for. You're so disadvantaged that it might be better to use the scrolling block for literally anything else.
Better to prepare to win matches than not losing them essentially.

It's funny how allegiances switch in this thread. Last year I was misguidedly defending C9 in this thread (they sucked) because I hated NVT and now I hate everyone but fan and dunk involved with that team. They did cut Glau in the meantime which could have to do with that. I hope Naventic trashes GFE in phase 2.

Kioshen

So Kure ended up with team Freedom which still makes it a mystery where Goku will land if it's true that he was poached.

Who's even still left?

Tempo and Team 8 are not expected to have changes going into MSB.
GFE, BStep, Naventic, Freedom all announced their changes.
Superstars is obviously out of the running which only leaves No Tomorrow who cut Erho from the team.
Doesn't appear like a particular upgrade.

The question is probably if the scenario is worth practicing for. You're so disadvantaged that it might be better to use the scrolling block for literally anything else.
Better to prepare to win matches than not losing them essentially.

This chart visualizes things clearly.

Regarding the second point, top KR and EU teams are notorious for late game comebacks. It's their ability to clutch out a win from a key play that they manage to stay on top of things. While practicing to win more feels good, I think mid-tier teams would benefit more to practice from playing from behind and developing key plays to fall back on if the shit hits the fan.

==========

They also fixed the objective in Tomb not firing its purple wave. No wonder it felt even more underwhelming than before.

If we go by reddit, which to my dismay hasn't been wrong so far, Kure got an offer from Team 8 and Goku is now slated to replace someone on that team instead.
With Equinox replacing Goku on superstars. Idk all of it sounds weird, Goku hardly seems like someone you'd mess up a working team structure to pick up.

It's not like there's some secret sauce to late game comebacks. You play for 16-20/20+ with as few concessions as you can give the other team. I'm not saying alex is right but I don't think there's too much wrong with the attitude.

brian!

Goku used to play with justing and buds so if we follow the whole "na just wants to play with their friends" all the trades thus far make sense

Kioshen

Prismat had some troubles with his connection and a limited hero pool. They'll probably bench him I dunno. I would have preferred Kure being picked up by T8 but realistically I thought their team structure was going well.

Goku and Prismaticism have both been cut from their teams for performance issues before.

Prismaticism showed huge improvement throughout phase 1, transforming from a Ragnaros one trick pony into a legit player on multiple heroes.

brian!

Haha jeez his voice rang out when i read that

On the bright side, kure for insomnia is a significant upgrade on a team that has been steadily improving, gonna cheer for them too this split. Hopefully kure will get even more saltier on this team and juicy na drama occurs

Kioshen

Bakery, bkb, zoia, Dunk and Jake? That's a damn good lineup, depending on how cringe Jake is this week.

IIRC Bakery is out until midseason brawl.

Edit: Can't wait to see how it pans out for Team Freedom. I have to cheer them on because they have french canadians on that team but honestly I liked watching them grow over the course of season 1.

Maledict

Sorry but I really don't like BKb on THh. He's a great guy, but his English isn't strong enough, especially combined with Jakes hosting skills. We just end up with slow sentences that end in Kappa.

psyfi

Banned
Q talents are mostly picked to interrupt and harass channels on maps like Towers of Doom.

I like the Bribe talent myself not sure about what is best. Without Hypershift your global is on a long cd and w/o the increased aoe you heal less unless you clump up and the onus shifts to your teammates a bit to position correctly.
Yeah, I went with the phase shift cool down as my level 1 talent for a while, but I decided to try the bribe out and see if my teleport CD felt too long, but it's been fine. I also went with the increased healing radius for a while and it felt great to have more room to maneuver while still healing, but ultimately it felt a crutch talent, and just being more intentional / strategic in my placement while having some other bonus for my level 1 talent seems smarter.

brian!

Tass changes are interesting
Substantial dehaka buff too but he didn't really need it
Big nerf to cassia and i just bought her dangit

kirblar

I really like this Dehaka change, 1 second was nothing.
Brushstalker (Z)

Movement Speed buff duration increased from 1 to 2 seconds, and amount increased from 15 to 20%
Nice QOL change with boosters only triggering half the GCD for D.VA.

ETC w/ a pretty big 25% AA buff.
Big nerf to cassia and i just bought her dangit
This one was necessary. You'd get hit a billion miles away.

kirblar

Tassadar buff boys!

I guess they really want people to know that Tassadar's shields give lifesteal.
His shielding duration got nerfed (to allow actual counterplay) and this feels like them adjusting to that shorter duration. If an AAer gets shielded, stunning them until the shields disappear is a good plan.

Dahbomb

Tassadar needs a rework IMO.

My ideas:

*Combine E skill and Trait so that he can enable vision while being invisible.

*New E skill: Force Field that creates and ring to trap enemies in. The Force Field amplifies Psy Storm damage so you can trap enemies in it and then Psy Storm.

*New Heroic to replace Force Wall: Hallucination. Creates an illusion of target ally that can do damage and has % life of ally. Has two charges so you can create two illusions. Starcraft 1 had a skill like this for High Templars.

And they can buff Psy Storm AOE because that shit is wack.

IceMarker

Uh... what's going on?

9eaV3ob.jpg

DECKARD CAIN INCOMING?

brian!

Mighty gust prob really effective against this hero but i bet there is a bullshit talent that turns him into one of those unblowable candles

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
gimme dat deckard cain weird ass hero, gimme all the weirdo heroes

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
3 candles

Deathwing has 3 claws

Half Life 3 confirmed! Wait...

kirblar

Can yall school me on something
Is ball lightning ass? It seems pretty bad in my experience
It's very, very good, especially w/ the upgrade at 20. Against a ranged-heavy comp though, it's not going to do much and it's probably worth getting Valkyrie instead.

brian!

Hm it felt like it was difficult to get max dmg and the times i did the dmg didnt seem high, but it's pretty likely i havent gotten the hang of when to throw it out

Oh you know what i wasnt casting it on blinded ppl, that's probably my issue

kirblar

Hm it felt like it was difficult to get max dmg and the times i did the dmg didnt seem high, but it's pretty likely i havent gotten the hang of when to throw it out

Oh you know what i wasnt casting it on blinded ppl, that's probably my issue
It's like Chain Bomb. Ideally, you want to unleash it in a messy brawl.

And yeah, if you have Cassia, extra blinds (JOJO/LILI/ARTANIS DREAM TEAM) are fantastic.

Top Bottom