• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Altairre

This game just now... We had a Varian that only spoke russian in chat even though he was solo queuing and nobody else on our team was russian, went off by himself a lot and then after we wiped the enemy team with their core at 10% (around 30 minutes into the game) he ACTUALLY went off to get camps. What's even weirder is that we already had two camps coming to their core. I want to assume he was just trolling but I'm honestly not sure.

Prelude.

This game just now... We had a Varian that only spoke russian in chat even though he was solo queuing and nobody else on our team was russian, went off by himself a lot and then after we wiped the enemy team with their core at 10% (around 30 minutes into the game) he ACTUALLY went off to get camps. What's even weirder is that we already had two camps coming to their core. I want to assume he was just trolling but I'm honestly not sure.
I didn't wanna leave the area because we had 3 nukes sitting in the middle of the map, with those teammates you never know, they could have even won with a 10% core against 100%.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I thought we decided not to play on the weekends :p

Zarya is my new favorite tank. She has incredible utility with the speed boost on shields (and cleanse later) plus everyone always seems to underestimate her damage. Did 90k hero and 110k siege in a match the other day (next best had like 55 and 80). I'm pretty much at 75% energy for most of the match. I grab Expulsion zone ultimate and use it defensively or to cut off enemy retreats from team fights.

I feel I save more lives playing as Zarya than I ever have playing as support.

ElyrionX

What's the best way to build Falstad? I see him high on tier lists which seems to be explained by his map presence and damage but I never seem to output that much damage with him.

Milly79

What's the best way to build Falstad? I see him high on tier lists which seems to be explained by his map presence and damage but I never seem to output that much damage with him.

Tough to say considering he has 3 different builds (AA/Q/W).

His AA build is the top winrate right now and seems to be the most popular. At 7 you'll still want Boomerang.

I got Cassia in a box and I don't get her? She has no escape, is squishy as hell, so what makes her tick? I tried 3 different builds and did distinctly... average, but the whole time I was thinking "man if I was playing Li Ming/Valeera/any other assassin I'd be doing twice as well"

Panthers

2-0 for me. Not bad all things considered.
Zagara is pretty good.

Zagara was my favorite hero before they reworked her talents. Now, for the life of me, I cant play her right. I always built her for damage before, and she was uncontested in the early game. Now, I keep trying to play her the old way. Needless to say I fail each time.

Plus I reallllly miss her old creep build.

You know what bothers me about Zagara?

Creep doesn't heal her. That's a Starcraft staple for the Zerg. Creep should give her some passive regen. I don't care if it's small, it's just a flavor issue of mine.

scoobs

I got Cassia in a box and I don't get her? She has no escape, is squishy as hell, so what makes her tick? I tried 3 different builds and did distinctly... average, but the whole time I was thinking "man if I was playing Li Ming/Valeera/any other assassin I'd be doing twice as well"
She's a weird one, slightly under powered I think but she can do a ton of damage. You need to always be moving to take advantage of her trait to keep from being rekt. Pretty much never use Fend unless you're sure you will get a kill. Poke at people with her AAs and use that dumb OP chargedstrikes talent at 1 to do massive AOE damage in team fights.

Altairre

The thing is, if she's supposed to be anti aa then how does her range make any sense? How am I supposed to poke at let's say a Valla if she outranges me until 20? Same for Zuljin or even Tyrande. That's the part I have trouble dealing with.

The thing is, if she's supposed to be anti aa then how does her range make any sense? How am I supposed to poke at let's say a Valla if she outranges me until 20? Same for Zuljin or even Tyrande. That's the part I have trouble dealing with.

Yeah this is doing me in too, her range is absolutely pathetic. At her effective range she gets melted easily by just about anything, and if she gets focused down she's dead in half a second. She seems useful in ridiculously specific circumstances and in those circumstances ONLY.

scoobs

You take 60% less damage from their AAs, you run at them and don't stop moving and you win 10 times out of 10

Altairre

So what, Valla can kite as well. That seems like a really poor plan. Not to forget that you usually put yourself in a terrible position if you just "run at them" while they back up.

Prelude.

Zagara was my favorite hero before they reworked her talents. Now, for the life of me, I cant play her right. I always built her for damage before, and she was uncontested in the early game. Now, I keep trying to play her the old way. Needless to say I fail each time.

Plus I reallllly miss her old creep build.
How was she different before? I played her for the first time only recently.

I'm having pretty good results with the build I'm using, high hero damage too.
Increased banelings range, splash on aa, more banelings, nydus (even without the mobility, having a portable fountain every time you need it is so good), creep gives armor, mutalisk, and nydus again.

scoobs

So what, Valla can kite as well. That seems like a really poor plan. Not to forget that you usually put yourself in a terrible position if you just "run at them" while they back up.
Obviously it's up to you to decide when it's safe to go in, she wins against Valla, raynor and zuljin every time ez if you play it right. If you can't keep her trait up then don't bother playing her because it's her only chance against other ranged auto attackers.

brian!

I dont think blinds are that great either, im just saying she also has other tools against autoers besides getting shot lol

You know what bothers me about Zagara?

Creep doesn't heal her. That's a Starcraft staple for the Zerg. Creep should give her some passive regen. I don't care if it's small, it's just a flavor issue of mine.

Creep healed her before the rework, I dunno the idea of remove most of Talon skills into a one single pasive

Fancolors

7820HZF.jpg
Sometimes life is fair

Dahbomb

I finally got a hero from a lootbox today that I didn't have already!

It's Medic but IDGAF... it's one less hero I have to buy later on.

Vimes

Was wondering why my inputs were so laggy in this AI game, only to discover I was put on an Australia server even though I'm in California. Never been knowingly put onto a non-US server before.

Not really the optimal condition to play Genji for the first time.

...he's pretty fuckin' fun tho.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
man Zarya is so fun. Just lobbing those granades is so satisfying.

HOTS over the weekend is so bad.
Hots on EU servers is so frustrating. I appreciate everyone wants to speak in their native tongue, but EU servers at times are so difficult to communicate and the insta-hate when someone isn't the same nation as you is immense.

I'd go play on the US servers, but all those lovely things I have on EU server :(

brian!

I dunno if it's still going but if you start up on a diff server you can probably pick up one of those gem hero bundles

Top Bottom